A Puzzle, a Banana and a Hater or Choi Minho's Nightmare

My Rich Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho POV

 

My best friend and personal assistant Jinki brought me another little puzzle today. It is a small square wooden box with sliding patterned panels.

 

"Think of it as training for your brain. When you do sport, you also have to warm up. For your brain to stay in shape just like your body, you need to train it." He said to me then.

His words made sense to me, which is why I appreciate that he cares about my brain mass as much as I care about my muscle mass.

We are like one heart and one soul. Or like biceps and brain.

Besides, if anyone knows how to train his mind, it's Jinki. You might not be able to tell from his face with its nice smile and big dark eyes, but my brown-haired friend is really clever.

Actually, Jinki wanted to become a scientist like his father. But he took a different path and became my personal assistant, for which I am very grateful to this day. However, to this day I don't really know what his father does. I think he explores the human brain or something.

Unlike my mother, I didn't have to keep changing my assistants. Jinki has sacrificed his career for our friendship, so if I can make him happy with these little puzzles, I'm happy to solve them. Well, if I can solve them. They are usually very difficult. But I expect nothing less from him, after all, I want to be challenged.

 

I don't know exactly what I would do without him. Sometimes, when I complete a puzzle, I even get a banana as a reward. Bananas are an energy booster because of their natural sugar, so I try to solve the puzzle as quickly as possible. 

 

"On each side you get a different picture out." He explains as he sits down opposite me, taking the bananas out straight away too.

 

"I think on this side it's supposed to be a sun." I say proudly as I look at the yellow stripes on the nine panels of the first side. Yes, I am no less clever than he is.

Sometimes I think that's also the reason why Jinki didn't continue his studies. Probably only people with a normal IQ went to his university.

Jinki and I, we are people that need intellectual conversation partners, you know, ones who are on the same level as us. 

Jinki nods appreciatively and raises his eyebrows. He writes something down in his notebook. I don't know exactly if it's his diary or if he just wants to remember our conversations forever, but he always has his notebook with him.

 

"I think that was a very good observation." He praises me and rips a banana from its stalk and sets it down for me.

Without a plan, I push the squares from left to right, top to bottom, but nothing.  I just don't get the sun. Loudly I sigh. Jinki writes something down and gives me an understanding look.

 

"You don't necessarily have to solve it today." He says very sweetly.

I put the small wooden box on the table and lean against my chair with my arms crossed.

 

"What's wrong?" He asks me worriedly.

I know I can trust Jinki with anything. Still, I'm afraid for my image. I am so masculine and tough, what every man wants to be. It is very difficult for me to show weakness.

 

"I have a ...ader..." I grumble to myself in a mumble.

 "You hired a cater?" he asked me confused.

 

"I have a hater!" I growl through my teeth, seeing this little devil clearly in front of me. With his black fluffy hair, almond shaped dark eyes and full pink lips. He is the spitting image of the devil! 

 

"Bad publicity is good publicity." Says Jinki, shrugging his shoulders unbothered.

 

My eyes narrow into a thin line; I can feel the fire blazing inside me.

 

"This one is different." I whisper full of hate.

"Then why don't you just block him?" Jinki suggests.

"I'd love to but he doesn't have social media!" I explain to him, still angry and mourning my special shirt.

 

I have tried all the names to find him on the internet: LeeTaemin, TaeminLee, ShirtDestroyer93, ILookLikeAnAngelButImActuallyTheDevil.

But only in vain. My search was unsuccessful.

He's not on Instagram, TikTok or Facebook. I even searched MySpace, that's how low I've reached!

This little rascal thinks he's too good for us. That he's better than everyone else because he doesn't need a following! Better for him! I would have cancelled him faster than Donald Trump cancelled himself when he spoke his first word. But not with me, not with Choi Minho!

 

One good thing came out of my research: I now have an email friend from a distant country. His name is Notaskamm, a very unusual name I think. I don't want to brag but he is a prince. Unfortunately the rebels attacked his kingdom and to save his people he needed some money. I cried a little and sent him the money of course. He also had an innovative idea to make money. I don't want to give too much away but BitCoin can pack its bags.

 

"I tell you what Jinki, these trolls on the internet are getting braver and braver!" I take the banana in my hand and grip it tightly. I imagine myself crushing the slender little arms of this clothes-hating demon. 

 

I can't see it, but I can hear Jinki writing something down with his pen.

 

"They come into my home now to taunt me!" the banana in my hand falls apart in two pieces.

 

"Someone broke into your home? Why didn't you tell me? What did the police say?" Jinki looks visibly disturbed. I look at him piercingly and just shake my head slightly.

"It's much worse." I whisper and look at him in awe. Concentrating, he looks into my eyes as I lean over to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter