Rekindling and Resurfaced

My Rich Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki POV

 

I clutch the paper bag tightly as I knock on Jiwoo's door. I can only hope that Minho will accept my apology.

How do I know he is here? Well, Minho can only ever be found in three places.

His home, at the animal shelter or at his mother's.

And since I haven't seen anything about any escaped giraffes or lions in the news in the last few days, it wasn't that hard to figure out.

 

"Hey..." I greet Aeg, who opens the door for me in his Call-On-Me workout attire.

"Is Minho here by any chance?" I ask him, trying to get the earworm out of my head immediately.

"Where else could the little mama's boy be? Come in. I'll get him." He says.

"Thanks." As I glance after him I can't help but admit that the neon colours look excellent on him.

 

My gaze falls to his phone and my eyes nearly fall out of my face.

No, he didn't had Grindr open.

If I didn't see Aeg dancing there - a man who scares the hell out of Freddy Krueger at night, even in a pink Borat swimming suit - I'd almost say he could be part of a girl group. He dances without missing a beat. Aeg's movements are light and feminine and powerful in all the right places. 

 

"He'll be right there." I hear behind me, startling slightly.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." I say, putting the phone back in shame, still confused that the six-foot-tall, six-foot-wide man in front of me can display such grace.

"It's okay." He says with a smile.

"You're really good." I tell him what I'm thinking.

"Thanks. Taemin taught me everything." Aeg clicks around on his smartphone and holds it out to me.

"I recorded all our sessions to memorise everything better." He tells me. Meanwhile, I look at a motivating yet patient Taemin who shows Aeg the steps and helps him execute them better and easier. 

I can't help but be captivated.

 

"Jinki..." abruptly I find myself back in the here and now.

 

I didn't notice Minho coming down the stairs.

My heart is racing like crazy, practically pulling me towards him, but I don't dare take a step towards him.

 

"Hey." I greet him quietly. Minho puts his hands in his pockets and raises his shoulders.

"Hi." He says after a deep breath.

 

We both look at each other, neither of us able to say anything.

 

"Minho I...I owe you an apology." I start softly.

"It's okay..." he wants to shrug it off, as he always does when someone has treated him wrong.

"No it's not! Even if you had been hurt again, what kind of friend would I be if I left you alone then? And besides, I know now that Taemin is serious about you. He's a good man." I say and hold out the paper bag to him. He takes it from my hand, and that alone drops a deep stone from my shoulders.

"I hope you'll take this as my apology." I play with my fingers awkwardly.

Minho takes the piece of clothing out of his pocket.

"Jinki...this is..." he looks at me with his big eyes.

"Brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique?" we quote Lady Gaga together.

"Yes exactly!" he says with the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face.

"Come here!" Minho...no…My best friend comes towards me with his arms open wide.

 

His hugs are like a warm, freshly made bed after a hard day. Like the first sip of water after days of walking in the Sahara. Like the lessening pain after being kicked in the balls.

The embrace of a brother.

 

"Look!" I say and take a step back. I open my jacket and show him my shirt that says 'I'm with Grand Master'.

 

"Let's never fight again please!" he says with a huge smile.

"Never again!" I promise him.

"I want to try on my shirt right now too!" he says with enthusiasm. And I can hardly wait to see him wearing the shirt I had made for him.

It has the words 'My best Choice was our friendship' on it. Below is a picture of the two of us throwing our arms over each other and forming a heart.

 

But just as he is about to change he pauses.

 

"Wait...Why did you suddenly change your mind about Taemin?" he asks me and I freeze slightly.

The apology was the hardest part I thought, but this is no less easy.

 

"Well...do you remember that private detective you hired?" I ask him slowly.

Minho nods.

"Well he found out something...and first I want to tell you that I destroyed all the evidence!" I say, raising my hands vehemently in the air.

"Okay...?" Minho's eyes take on a suspicious look.

"It's so-" as I'm still searching for the right words to describe what I found on the DVD, I hear Minho's phone vibrate non-stop.

"Hold on a second." He says, looking at his phone.

 

It seems I don't need to explain my change of heart about his boyfriend to him anymore.

 

I know Minho likes to describe himself as a superhero sometimes, but he is not Superman or Batman as he might think. Although sometimes I think he would be a good Iron Man if he was better with his money.

Minho is...

 

His glance becomes a frown. His frown becomes a pulsating vein on his forehead. The pulsating vein on his forehead forms into a very angry face and I can see the red colour of rage gliding across his face. And then he burs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter