Original Outline

My Rich Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Personally, I always find it very interesting when you can compare the original idea with the finished project, especially from a reader's perspective.

This outline method I used is by Abbie Emmons. If you want to improve your writing, I recommend checking out her Youtube Channel 

 

Act 1

 

Hook

 

> Taemin is the new assistant of actress Choi Jiwoo. His goal is to save money until he can afford a good dance education.

> Had an exhausting first day. Is exhausted but knows it will be worth it. Is determined to keep going.

> Little scenes of what he has to do and what he has to endure.

 

Build Up

 

> The days progress with difficulty. Taemin is asked by a co-worker to take papers to Jiwoo. He overhears her say to Minho "If the press finds out you're not my real son, we're screwed."

> Minho comes to his mom and asks if she has a new assistant again. She says yes and says let's see if he can take it (in relation to the test).

 

First POA

 

> Puts Taemin to the test!

He receives a phone call. The caller says he will pay him a lot of money if he tells him secrets about the actress.

Jiwoo is not difficult at all. She only shows her true (and very sweet) face when she can really trust someone.

Taemin doesn't take the offer and says he doesn't want to be called in the future. He feels sorry for Jiwoo. Now he understands why so many assistants have been dismissed. He feels sorry for her. (He doesn't know it's a test, of course) but he passes it. 

> Taemin has to talk to Jiwoo. He is immediately taken to her office. He wants to talk to her seriously. But she is playfully stern at first. Confusion ensues. Taemin is taken aback. Jiwoo is actually really nice and makes fun of her own demands. But she had to make sure Taemin will not screw her over if given the chance to.

 

First Opposition

 

> Jiwoo's son Minho is a model. He comes to visit his mother on the set and sees Taemin for the first time. He falls for Taemin and asks the mother if he can have his number. She is against it. She has found a loyal assistant for the first time in a long time. He can't find Taemin on social media.

 

Act 2

 

Pre-Mid reactionary Hero

 

> Minho doesn't come clean, but he sometimes brings Taemin coffee or just hangs around him. Actually, he only wants to sleep with him. But this way he gets to know him better and realises that maybe he shouldn't take advantage of him.

> Minho asks Taemin to go out with him. Taemin thinks this is unprofessional, even though he finds him good-looking. When Taemin keeps saying no, Minho gives Taemin expensive gifts, but Taemin is not interested. Minho does not understand. Everyone else always took those gifts.

 

Plot thickens

 

> Taemin has to work even on holiday. Because Taemin declined Minho’s offers to go out with him, Minho persuaded his mother to take Taemin on holiday with them. In this way, he actually wanted to get back at Taemin for denying all his advances.

Taemin is totally stressed out etc. Minho knocks on his room, Taemin lets him in but says he still has to work. But it is already really late. He can't believe that Taemin is still working. Minho orders room service and helps Taemin with his work, which Taemin finds very sweet. They fall asleep together. 

> The next night, Minho comes to him again. They make out until Jiwoo calls Taemin. Minho is totally surprised that she calls him at midnight. He takes the phone from Taemin and says he deserves a break. Taemin is glad not to be alone for the night (his birthday). They sleep together.

 

Post-Mid hero

 

> After the holiday: Minho wants to surprise Taemin and pick him up from dancing. He watches him secretly an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter