Coffee and Cat Hair

My Rich Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho POV

 

I spit the coffee onto the floor. Sewage would be a better description of what I just had in my mouth. Hastily I pick up a napkin and run it over my tongue again and again. Didn't she have any money left for coffee when she bought her $4 million kitchen?

 

"What? Is? This?" I ask my mother in horror as I look in disgust at the brown slop in the cup. But she just laughs at me. Annoyed, I roll my eyes, getting the picture.

"How did you find a new assistant so quickly?" I want to know from her and set the coffee of doom aside with a look of disdain.

"Designer Park knew someone." She says, still laughing.

"Is he any good?" I ask, but am not really interested. I know her new assistant is about to be fired too. They are all, without exception, being fired.

"I must say, so far he has done everything I have asked of him." Mother is visibly amused, beaming from ear to ear. I haven't seen her this pleased since the time Dad was caught cheating.

 

Perhaps I should elaborate a little here. Of course, my mother didn't appreciate my father cheating on her. But when your mistress gets pregnant, you don't want to pay child support and all your stuff gets thrown out the window, it can be quite funny. Especially when there's a news channel broadcasting the whole thing live. My mother, how can I best describe her? She's not... quite normal. But only in the best sense! When she saw the live broadcast, she threw on her most expensive dress and walked down the avenue. In delicate situations she shines the most. Maybe it's a bit calculated, but she saw it as a chance to make herself relevant yet again. When someone asked her how she was coping with the fact that her husband had cheated on her, she just said, "Who?" and hasn't looked back since. The fact that this alone has created many memes on the internet has made her very popular with the very younger crowd. My mother has never had problems finding roles, but since that day she can choose any film. It's an honour and guaranteed success if she says yes to a movie, which is why she now turns down almost every role.

 

"What was he asked to put in the coffee?" I get a chill down my spine just thinking about it. But I don't know if I really want to know what exactly was in my mouth just now. She laughs out loud, and that's what worries me.

"Mother...?" I ask her slowly and extremely unsettled.

"You're not going to die." She waves it off nonchalantly. She smiles cheekily at me with her bright eyes. She obviously enjoys teasing her only and dearest son like this.

"Mother, what did I just drink?" I sigh slowly and grab my temples. Every time she has a new assistant I have to put up with her little games.

"Nothing. It's just regular coffee." We look at each other. She's trying to convince me of her innocence with those big dark eyes I inherited from her. But that trick doesn't work on me. So I continue to look at her sternly.

"...with Kkoongie's hair in it." She finishes hastily. I struggle to repress my gag reflex.

"I told him that it keeps me young." She laughs out loud as I try to keep my breakfast inside.

"Give me a heads up next time." I ask her. I can still taste the little fur balls in my mouth. Today, of all days, I really didn't want to throw up.

"I got this shirt brand new, it's a one of a kind." I say very proudly and run my hands over the expensive silk. She looks down from my eyes to my body. My smile disappears abruptly as her perfectly plucked eyebrows shoot up.

"Yeah well, it's really...unique." She says, giving me a clearly forced smile. How can she possibly be an actress?

"Damn!" I curse, annoyed. My personal stylist said that asymmetrical shirts with strong colours and sequin sleeves are the latest craze, putting me on top of the trendsetters! Okay, maybe the red flames with which it is fully printed were too much after all. Never again will I be impressed by words like 'monochrome' or 'colour blocking'.

 

Anyway...It's always the same with my mother. As soon as she has a new personal assistant, she bombards them with impossible and very questionabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter