All my favourite movies have happy endings, and ours is my dearest one

My Rich Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin POV

 

Noise is coming from Minho's living room. Actually, we were going to have breakfast. Especially after such a turbulent day yesterday, I thought I deserved a break today. But burglars know no rest, they work even on holidays. 

Armed with a baseball bat, I walk slowly and quietly towards the noises.

 

"I'll protect you Taemin!" I hear Minho quiver behind me. His fingers are clenched tightly around my shoulders.

 

We stop at the corner of the living room door. I have to swallow.

 

"It's now or never!" I whisper to my boyfriend.

 

Minho and I nod vigorously at each other once to give us renewed encouragement, but I realise it doesn't do much good.

I take a deep breath before jumping into the living room, the element of surprise is my advantage.

But my battle scream ends abruptly with the sight of the person I'm looking at, and all the mess lying around. 

 

"Did you die already?" Minho asks, slowly stepping into the living room as well.

"I thought a burglar stole things, not brought them here?" says Minho, looking around, also confused.

 

There are many sheets of paper with drawings spread out on the floor. Fabrics and clothes of all kinds are scattered all over the room. Vivid, light, dark colours, everything is there. And in the middle of all the chaos stands a very fashionably dressed blond man. He pulls down his sunglasses and looks at me with his cheeky grin.

 

"Oh my god Key? What are you doing here?" I drop the baseball bat and hug my best friend.

"I've never seen a worse Harley Quinn cosplay." He says with a serious face.

"Excuse me?" interjects Minho quietly and we turn to face him.

"Super awesome, the power of friendship and all. But..." he gestures with his hands and gives Key a questioning look.

"Don't get your knickers all wet frog boy, I'm your new stylist." He says calmly, holding a shirt up to Minho's body.

"Frog boy?" Minho asks with outrage.

"Stylist?" I say, no less taken aback.

"The old man kicked me out and then...well I met my fate. Well, when fate is about six feet tall, has brown hair and loves chicken." He says, still unfazed.

 

I walk back and forth a little in the room. My fingers glide over the soft fabrics. Everything looks and feels so luxurious.

 

"This is really beautiful." I pick up a red velvet fabric and let my fingers run over it. Minho will certainly look good in it.

"Good that you like it." Says Key and immediately walks towards me. He takes the fabric from my hand and holds it up to my face.

"It goes perfectly with your skin tone."

"What does my skin tone have to do with Minho's clothes?" I ask, confused.

"Well..." Key looks back and forth between the two of us.

"Jiwoo said that Minho would like to take you to the premiere of her new movie." His words sound like this is already a done deal for everyone, only I don't know about anything.

My eyes fall on Minho with indignation, confusion and fear. He just waves at me with a sweet smile.

"You want me to...?" But that is all I can utter. My limbs begin to tremble now just thinking about it.

But a tight hug, allowing warmth to slip back into my body, brings me back from my rigidity.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to. I just want to show everyone how proud I am to be your boyfriend, that's all." Says Minho as he takes my hands in his and kisses my fingers.

"Minho..." I can only whisper his name.

 

Gagging noises bring us out of our little dream world.

"Save it for the bedroom." Says Key with a disgusted look on his face.

 

 

My knees can't stop shaking. Even the comfortable, and above all, heated seat in the limousine cannot give me any comfort. In a moment, Minho and I will be seen together for the first time in public officially, for everyone to see. I pull on my collar to let some cool air into my body. My throat is drier than the Sahara. But I don't dare drink another water, I had already been to the toilet about 23 times before we left and I don't want to have an accident in front of the cameras. 

 

"Everything will be all right." Minho puts his hand on my thigh and squeezes it lightly. He gives me an encouraging smile. And even though I love that smile, it doesn't help me shake off my nervousness.

"I wonder if mother is there yet." He says. I know he just wants to distract me, and for that I am very grateful.

 

Jiwoo really wanted to go alone; after all, she is the star of the movie and wants to enjoy her entrance.

Before she gave me tips on how to manage my nervousness.

 

"Just imagine all the people ." She said. I know she must have meant the camera(wo)men, but in my head I started undressing Minho, and then her...I don't even want to think any further. Let's say, it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter