The Nightmare Ends

The New Baby!

This can be read as part of  my Chanyeol's worst nightmare plot.  However you don't have to of read that plot to understand this one.
 

 

A red headed man sits in his bed, back resting against the headboard, pillows piled high around him. Baekhyun inhales deep, finally the smell of bleach has left his nostrils,  it's finally been replaced by that comforting home smell.  Yes it's missing it's usual bergamot and verbena scent, it's been replaced by something so much better. Smiling as that unique baby smell, mixed  with baby powder and a hint of lavender invades his senses. Finally home with his precious little prince back in his arms, he truly was a mess in hospital not being close to him. He winces again, not for being in pain but for how he handled being apart from Milo. Baekhyun  is so glad to be home, so much so he doesn't care that he has to have pillows under his arms to protect his still healing stomach, damn those still yet to be removed  stitches. He is just relieved to be home. Smiling down at Milo, who is currently making cute little baby noises as he enjoys his bottle. "Your so hungry today, has uncle Suho not been giving you that extra ounce of milk I told him about."

 

Baekhyun would love to lower his head and kiss his precious prince on his perfect squishy button nose.  He try's to but winces. Baekhyun sighs his stitches are preventing a lot of things, even walking hurts! Baekhyun had hoped once he was home he would be able to at least start get to back to his normal routine. No chance of that happening, the smallest jolt to his stitches causes yelps and hisses, lifting their son alone at the moment has been  impossible. Beakhyun smiles as his heart skips a beat, his ever loving husband Chanyeol, has been an absolute star these last couple of weeks. A little overbearing and over protective of both him and their son, hence being in the bed now, Chanyeol didn't want him out and about whilst he goes to the supermarket. Baekhyun really wouldn't have it any other way. Knowing that being in bed calms Chanyeol  as he still feels guilty about leaving in a fit of  emotions when he wasn't well. Baekhyun forgave the other half of his heart the day he woke up. Sadly what they hoped was going to be a short stay, turned in to a week long hospital stay. Wincing Baekhyun remembers the crippling anxiety he felt being separated from their son,  and how vocal he was about being apart. All down to a stupid infection, that according to the doctors was most likely the reason for his appendicitis in the first place.

 

Baekhyun doesn't  have time to dwell on his extended hospital time, as Milo has finished his bottle. Wipping the little bit of spilt milk away, "All done little prince, your so clever!" Baekhyun knows he can't lift Milo over his shoulder, but he can sit him up on the pillow to burb him.  Supporting his most precious heart carefully, he gently massages a tiny back giggling softly at how loud Milo is when winded "my my son, that was loud" he can't help but giggle more when a black ball of fur raises his head from his spot resting on his leg. Baekhyun slowly places Milo back on the pillow, and scratches the poodle behind his ears.  A new fondness developing in his heart for the tornado know as Toben "don't get used to sleeping on the bed."

 

Baekhyun watches as the poodle stretches before resuming his position, head leaning on his leg.  Knowing full well that Toben won't be listening to a thing he says! Returning his attention to the small human on his lap, a gummy smile  on Milo's delicate cherub like face, all for his papa. Baekhyun hums a lullaby whilst he gently a finger over a tiny forehead, watching in complete awe as Milo starts to close his eyes. 

 

A silver haired man enters the penthouse, mentally reviewing the checklist of groceries. Too busy realising he forgot the perilla leaf he needed to make his husbands favourite pork dish, groaning in annoyance that this is the exact reason he was banned from shopping in the first place. Shaking his head, he will just make grilled fish instead it will be better for his still recovering husband, lots of vitamins. That's when he notices the distinct lack of barking, in fact he can't here anything!

 

Chanyeol still feels so guilty, yes his light and soul Baekhyun is home and on the mend now. Just last week he had to endure the sobbing of his still vastly sick husband being separated from their most precious little prince. The sobbing breaking his heart, Baekhyun even managed to make Sehun tear up at his despondency. Chanyeol pleaded with Baekhyun's doctors for Milo to come for a visit, not surprisingly it wasn't allowed.

 

Approaching the bedroom he expects to hear Baekhyun's soothing melodic voice, however all he hears are cute baby  snores! Noticing the door is ajar he peaks through and is met by a truly beautiful picture. His delicate petite husband is  sat up on the bed, his normal pale complexion has finally retuned. Yes Baekhyun is still propped up by pillows, but finally on the mend. Chanyeol knows his husband is struggling, struggling  with not being able to hold their son on his own.  It's make his heart ache  with more pain at his idiotic actions. He can see their baby boy is safely sleeping, supported by one of Baekhyun's slender arms. The pillow underneath protecting both tiny baby, and delicate stomach. The surprising addition to this,  is his poodle  acting like a guard and staring him down like the enemy growling. 

 

Thankfully Milo hasn't stirred,  Chanyeol does however have the attention of his husband who was trying it seems to be reading a book. Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun places a finger to his lips, Chanyeol just nods and moves closer to the bed. He gently runs his hand on Milo's  head, before pointing to the crib with his  other hand. All he can do is smile when Baekhyun just stares at him, clearly unimpressed at the suggestion. Smiling and chuckling softly, Chanyeol leans forward and plants a gentle kiss on Baekhyun's lips. Before whispering "Sweetheart I love you" "I love you too."

 

No more words are needed, Chanyeol simply takes off his hoody and gets under the blanket beside Baekhyun. He places one arm around Baekhyun and the second he places under Milo to help support their little prince. He hopes it conveys  a message to his beloved husband, that they do this as a team, and that he won't make the same mistake again! The return smile before Baekhyun leans his head against his shoulder,  is proof enough  all is forgiven.

 

As always feedback is welcome ❤️.