Milo Meets Toben

The New Baby!

Baekhyun couldn't help himself,  he checked the bassinet for what seemed like the 1000th time today. All was calm and the same as it was 20 minutes ago, Milo was still fast asleep. Checking his watch he noticed he had hours before Chanyeol returned,  he would be returning with the 4 legged mischief maker, and Chanyeol's  best friend, his dog Toben! He did love Toben, he just wished the puppy would calm down and not be so skittish, especially now they had a newborn in the penthouse. He sighs remembering his husbands hurt expression, when he suggested Toben stay at his moms an extra week whilst they settled Milo in. When Chanyeol announced he was going out, Baekhyun knew he was in the doghouse so to speak. Even when Chanyeol was working, he refused to leave the penthouse for more than 3-4 hours at time. In the week of their return home, neither of them had been alone for long. Chanyeol had fed Milo his bottle whilst he got showered on exiting the bathroom, Chanyeol had placed Milo in his bassinet kissing his forehead, and hightailed it out of the penthouse! He hadn't even spared him a glance. That was 9am this morning, the only contact he had was a text at 1pm, an hour ago saying he would be home by 5 with his dog!  Baek was exhausted, their little prince still had some time to go before he mastered sleeping more then 2-3 hours at a time at night. 

 

He really wasn't upset, he was a little sad that his husband hadn't returned his calls. He truly was trying not to be mean, and blamed his lack of sleep. He had been trying so hard to do the night feeds, as Chanyeol being a a highly sought after producer couldn't loose focus, whilst working on an artist's album. Hence why Baek being  a freelance  ghost writer, was trying to do all of the night feeds. Leaving him exhausted, and at times irritable. Not wanting to cause any more upset, as he knows he's shouldn't of been so off hand about Toben, he just wished he was bigger so he didn't trip over him.  Knowing waiting around the kitchen is kinda of sad, he heads to the bedroom where Milo is still sleeping, and will follow his mums advice to sleep when Milo sleeps,  vowing that when he wakes up he can and will apologise.

 

Chanyeol stands in the entrance way of the penthouse, holding a rather fidgety Toben. Perhaps Baek had a point about Toben, he truly loves the little tornado,  that is exactly what he is, several times a week, he receives texts from Baek about the tiny terror tripping him. Slipping off his shoes,  he notices the distinct lack of noise and movement. Checking his phone, seeing that it's  3.30 he was expecting to hear more noise, as it's around Milo's next feeding time. It's then that he sees the missed call, panicking that something is gravely wrong he rushes through the penthouse, nothing seems amiss. A sudden cry seems to startle Toben, to the point he jumps out of his arms heading in the direction of the noise. Thankful all seems normal, and Toben isn't barking he chases after the poodle to the bedroom. When he enters the bedroom he finds Baekhyun, his heart and soul sat on the bed against the headboard. Milo their little prince is laying in his arms, scanning both from head to toe, he lets out a relieved thankful sigh, nothing is out of place.  

 

Thankful and aware he's been an , he moves closer to grovel. That's when he notices the black ball of fur, tail wagging standing on Baek's lap. Thats when he notices Milo staring back at Toben, both baby and puppy seem completely enamoured with each other, he wishes he had his camera. His husbands soft melodic voice catches him off guard "sweetheart I'm sorry about this morning, I was wrong to suggest Toben not come home." Chanyeol notices how Beakhyun is smiling at Milo as he moves closer to say his own apologies, he is cut off by a growl. Baekhyun's light laughter fills the bedroom "these two are going be the best of friends"  His smile now all for his husband, Chanyeol nods in agreement and can already picture the mischief and mayhem they will cause.