Milo’s First Night in the Nursery

The New Baby!

A tall silver haired man stands in the doorway of the nursery, his eyes trained on the love of his life. He is holding their precious baby like the precious gem he is. It's a beautiful sight before him, his beautiful, delicate husband sat on his mother's antique rocker, a gift when they announced they were finally getting their chance to be parents. He watches Baekhyun who cradles Milo in his arms, Baekhyun is humming a tune as their little prince fusses slightly, it's the same every night Milo has to fuss after a bath. He hasn't been noticed yet, he's not jealous that Baekhyun is focused on Milo,  he can hardly believe their little prince is now 8 weeks old, and rightly steeling all the spotlight. His suggestion for Milo to try out the nursery wasn't well received this morning. He isn't trying to separate papa from child, the love Baekhyun has for  Milo is so beautiful to watch and  to be a part of. He is just worried for his partner who  he knows has been burning the candle at both ends by doing most of the night feeds. "I know your there Yeol" 

 

Opps he's been caught staring again, he moves in too the nursery and heads over to the rocker. "Sweetheart you know i am not trying to separate you and our little prince, Milo is ours by law, and  isn't going anywhere." He  knows why his husband is being extra cautious, he found him last week sobbing about an article on a birth mum winning custody back of her baby. It frightened him as well as Baekhyun. Watching as Beakhyun takes his eyes off of Milo, and raises his head to look him in the eyes. What Chanyeol sees breaks his heart, crystalline tears are falling. Getting on his knees in front of Beakhyun, he places one hand on Milo's head the action instantly stopping Milo's fussing. He places the second on Beakhyun's cheek, noticing how his giant hand covers Baek's cheek entirely. "I Swear nothing is going to take Milo from our lives, baby we don't have to put him in the nursery tonight" he watches as Baek shakes his head, "it's ok if your not ready to have him away from you." "No Yeol, I'm ready I just didn't realise it would be so hard, when he still feels so small."  Chanyeol can understand what Baek is feeling the article and lack of sleep, haven't helped his husband. These last 8 weeks have been a dream, Milo has bought such joy to their lives. Milo has been a blessing that they didn't know they were missing. He watches as his husbands cheeks flame under his touch,  slightly confused as to why his husband is so bashful. He is about to ask when he is surprised by Baek's action of  placing his hand over his own. "it's been a wonderful 8 weeks, you were right to suggest the nursery, plus it would be nice to have our bedroom back." 

 

Baekhyun chuckles as he watches Chanyeol, it's almost like slow motion! Watching as his husband arms drop, and he falls back on his to the floor with a shocked face.  Smiling down at Milo, Baekhyun can't help himself "your daddy's is beyond hope sometimes." He holds Milo closer as he gets up from the chair, "now we can do this, can't we little prince, your going to sleep in your own room!" 

 

He  is about to lay Milo down in the bassinet when his middle is encased by a pair of strong arms. he feels a kiss to his cheek as he lays their little prince down.  He smiles as he watches how Milo, who is practically asleep but still fussing, relaxes entirely when Chanyeol ever so gently caresses a finger over his tiny forehead. It's like watching magic and causes his heart to sore in infinite love for the two men in his life. He is about to express his thanks, when said strong arms lift him clean off the ground he isn't surprised, but manages like the spider monkey he is, to turn around and face his husband.  No words are said or needed,  both know the nursery is safe and the monitors are installed. Mere seconds later he is whisked out the nursery no doubt to carry on this intimate moment away from innocent eyes. 

Let me know how I did with this one, I hope it's a bit lighter then the last chapters. I know I mentioned a birth mum regaining custody, I don't believe this has happened.  I was inspired to write this one shot in honour of a dear friend