Milo VS Bathtime

The New Baby!

A silver haired man stands in the bathroom testing water with his elbow, it's far too cold for him, but is positive it's going to be fine. The baby bathtub hasn't much water, just enough to cover  ten tiny toes, chubby little legs and one baby bottom!  This is going to be the first bath he has given Milo on his own,  sighing as he has missed bath time of late due to being at work and Baekhyun has been doing  it all! 

 

Chanyeol feels guilty that over the next few weeks he is going to be gone longer, his profession often having to fit around other's schedules. Taking some advice, he is going to try and create some time just daddy and their precious baby. It will allow Baekhyun some much needed me time. Who for the first time in the 4 weeks Milo has been home,  is finally going to go out tomorrow! Yes it is a coffee date, and Baekhyun will be taking their little prince with him, but its outside the walls of the penthouse. Chanyeol would call that a success, as his petite red headed love of his life  hasn't been outside for more than a hour at a time. Chanyeol can only hope his husband is prepared, Baekhyun's coffee date is with Jongdae, to discuss all things wedding. Chanyeol loves the music teacher who is husbands closest confidant, but is so happy he won't be joining them, he  shudders at the mere thought of trying to face off with groomzilla. 

 

Satisfied that the bath water is ok, Chanyeol checks he has the right baby bath lotion and towel! Now he just needs their little prince,  and is positive he knows where he is. Leaving the bathroom Chanyeol heads  across to the bedroom, he enters the bedroom only to be disappointed that the only occupant is Toben, who is asleep on the bed. "Who said you could sleep there huh," scratching the poodle behind the ears he leaves him to it for now. Knowing Beakhyun will not be pleased if he finds the tornado  sleeping on the bed.

 

Chanyeol proceeds to the living room in search of his two precious hearts, finding them both on the floor, in front of their custom made sofa. Milo is on his soft chenille sky blue  blanket under his universe mobile literally watching the world spin. Chanyeol  smiles fondly down at their son before raising his head. He watches the centre of his own universe sitting on the floor, in front of the coffee table, back to the sofa, their precious little one in arms reach should anything happen.   It explains why Toben is in the bedroom, his husband and the tornado don't always see eye to eye when Toben insists on being Milo's shadow. Baekhyun has Black framed glasses on, a red pen in hand furiously scribbling across a manuscript. "Sweetheart, my mum said Milo is old enough for a bath, not just a top and tail wash we have been doing at night, do you mind if have some bonding time with our little prince."

 

Chanyeol is excited to try this, and wants to create his own special  one on one bond with their little prince. He watches as the pen in his husband hand stops moving, "Yeol  I normally top and tail Milo in the morning, your idea to try now is  brilliant baby, maybe our little one will sleep more then the 3-4 hours he is currently dead set on. Do you need help?" Surprised that Baekhyun is open to this he continues, "I just thought it would be a nice opportunity to bond a bit more, and that way you can concentrate on that manuscript."

 

Chanyeol watches as his husband smiles and gets up off the floor "There is no helping this one! it's pure chaos, I think it's time I called the Author! Let's see how well he takes the news that I have had to re write the first few pages. Darling I'm never going to stop you and Milo bonding, it's an amazing idea, just don't use the green bottle soap." Chanyeol smiles as his petite husband, has to get on his tiptoes to chastely kiss his lips. They are soon disturbed by a happy sounding gurgle, followed by Baek's giggle "Alright little prince, your going with daddy for a bath, whilst papa brings home the bacon for a change. I will be in the study, just shout if you need me." 

 

Finally alone with their little prince, Chanyeol  picks up  a wide eyed Milo, "I know little prince, so strange to be in daddy's arms" he bounces Milo once and feels his heart burst in pride, seeing the biggest gummy smile on Milo's face. "Let's go get you all cleaned up for Uncle Chen tomorrow." 

 

Finally in the bathroom, Chanyeol gets Milo ready for his bath distracting him  by cooing as he grabs his hooded towel. Ensuring his precious heart is supported in his arms, his giant hand supporting his head the way his mother showed him.  All ready  Chanyeol heads to the bath that he placed on their twin vanity sinks, remembering how Baekhyun would always pour water on Milo  first,  not really sure why he heads for the same cup anyway. He starts to pour water  when all hell breaks loose, Milo is not even in the water when he let's out a wail that is so high pitched, he is certain only Toben can hear it! The wail is stoped when Chanyeol puts his hand on his delicate little stomach, "Sssh little one, you don't have a dirty nappy, what's with the noise" happy that Milo seems to of calmed down, Chanyeol lowers him in to the bath, when the wails continue, Chanyeol try's all he can to soothe his most precious heart, a hand on the stomach, singing, a light touch on his tiny forehead. Nothing seems to settle Milo, all he gets for his effort is a ringing in his ears. He knows that Baekhyun will know what to do, he contemplates calling for his husband. Unable to stand Milo crying out  in so much turmoil he removes him from the bath, and wraps him in his towel. 

 

As soon as Chanyeol wraps Milo up  in his towel and moves from the water, the wails stop. Turning  to call out for his husband, he stops dead in his tracks. Baekhyun is stood leaning at the doorframe, a strange glint in his eyes. Realising that his husband has probably already been on the receiving end of those wails "Milo isn't fond of baths is he Baekhyun?" The answering laugh, is all the proof he needs.

 

A slightly less angst filled oneshot, thanks again for reading.