Chanyeol’s Worst Nightmare - Part Two

The New Baby!

A  frantic silver haired man races through the hospital, desperate to get to the emergency ward. He knows he is followed by both Soo and Kai. He doesn't understand what Suho means, he knows Baek would never take their son out at this hour! Yes he admits he has missed calls this evening, and isn't surprised his callbacks have gone unanswered. He doesn't understand Baekhyun should be demanding his presence, especially if something is wrong with their precious little prince. Barging through the entry to the emergency ward he sees a white coated man,  target in site he clumsily speeds upto him. 

 

"I'm looking for a Park Milo, I'm his father" he waits tapping his foot impatiently as the doctor scans the screen, what he says next only adds to his desperation "we don't have a Park Milo registered as a patient!" He is about to lose his mind, when he feels a a hard shove to his shoulder he turns to see Sehun who radiating with fury shouts, "where the have you been!" It's Soo who responds, "Hunnie where is the baby, Suho said he was with you." Chanyeol thought he had a good grip on his emotions,  he doesn't! All he sees is red when he realises his son and husband are nowhere in sight!

 

"Chanyeol" the call of his name breaks through the mist buy it's not the melodic voice of his husband. He turns about to spit fire like a dragon, when he blinks getting a good look at who is in front of him.  It's Suho standing in front of him, holding something small. He recognises that sky blue blanket that seems to be moving. The frantic beat of his heart lessens slightly. Knowing his son is safe, he lets out a sob of relief and rushes to Suho's side. He can't help it he scans all visible parts, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Taking care he gently takes his son from his friend, and as if by magic Milo stops whatever fussing he was doing subconsciously. In order to settle Milo, Chanyeol places his precious son closer to his chest and whispers "Daddy has you my precious prince, I'm so sorry I'm never leaving like that ever again." 

 

Now that the red mist is clearing, he notices someone very important is missing. He turns to face his friends, 2 of them sporting a mixture of stress and exhaustion. When the reality of why they are in the hospital slams in into him like a train. A flashback of Baekhyun earlier in the evening forms, his petite husband almost grey in colour, a sheen of sweat visible and delicate almost yellow hands clutching his stomach. He gasps, eyes widening oh god. "No no no" what the hell has he done! He doesn't here Soo or Kai mention answers or see them leave. He can only concentrate on what a fool he has been.

 

Chanyeol can't sit here he needs answers, as if sensing the distress radiating off him, he sees his friend Sehun come closer and take a thankfully sleeping Milo. He is about to express gratitude, when Soo and Kai return. "I couldn't get any answers, they will only speak to the next of kin, but we have been allocated a waiting room, they will send someone there with news." He turns to Sehun who for the first time seems sympathetic to him, giving each other a look of understanding. "Thank you I don't want Milo to pick up my frantic energy, I really need to get answers.

 

It's barely minutes after they enter the thankfully deserted waiting room, that a man in scrubs appears "Family of Park Baekhyun" Chanyeol stops fussing over Milo, and turns to the man. "I'm his husband, please what's going on, can i see him, no one has told me anything!" "Mr Park, I'm Dr Moon your husbands surgeon, Baekhyun  has  had a rough night! He is currently in a recovery room. Chanyeol can here the collective gasps, but presses on, "Dr Moon are you saying my husband has been in surgery?" "Yes he has had an emergency appendectomy."  

 

Chanyeol barely feels the squeeze of both his hands from Soo and Suho,  this night has been his worst nightmare! His precious heart has been suffering all night, resulting in emergency surgery and what has he been doing! Off drinking felling sorry for himself why the love of his life tried valiantly to cope alone! "Mr Park, the surgery went well, luckily the appendix had not burst, we were able to fully remove it. Now we are keeping Baekhyun sedated whilst we push some intravenous antibiotics in" "sedated you said the surgery was a success!." "Yes it was, and we believe Baekhyun will make a full recovery. I have to tell you Baekhyun's appendix was very inflamed,  so I ordered the antibiotics, the antibiotics are a precaution to prevent any infection. Once Mr Park is moved to the ward, i will let you know, sadly due to policy we can not allow anyone into recovery." 

 

He can hear the protests of his friends. He isn't thrilled either but kicking up a fuss will just add more to his idiot record. Just as the doctor leaves, Milo starts to wail, glancing at the clock it's after 4am, he is not so clueless as to not recognise this cry! Their normally laid back son only wails like this for bath time and a wet nappy! He picks up his son and mirrors the pose he has seen Bakehyun doing countless times. Hey little prince, someone is not a happy bunny let's get you changed." Chanyeol lays his little prince down on the chair, and gently runs his finger over his tiny baby stomach. "You know Baek was right it truly is like watching magic. Your an amazing father Chan, and we all know you love Baek. You didn't cause this" Chanyeol looks up in to the eyes of Suho. Not caring that tears are falling from his own eyes again. Despite all their teasing of him, Suho is the only one that has kept all of them in check in one way or another. "Then why do I feel so rotten," feeling a comforting hand on his back. "Your human Chan, yes you were douche leaving, we do these things to lean from them. My advice as the person who watched your husband, and my best friend pass out! Don't do it again, talk to Baek about your feelings don't bottle them up, you know you two are so in tune he probably knew what was bothering you before you did!"

 

About to express how right Suho probably is and how he would be lost without any of them, Dr Moon returns. "Mr Park, we have moved Baekhyun to a private room. He is still sedated at the moment, I will be bringing Baekhyun out of sedation a little later  on. Now in regards to the surgery, it wasn't a standard keyhole, we had to make one  emergency incision, he will feel the effects of the surgery, which i will discuss  further when Mr Park wakes.  There will be limitations to his daily activities  over the next few weeks. I would like to discuss them  when we bring him out of sedation." 

 

Chanyeol turns to Suho about to ask, when Suho just smiles "We will all take Milo back to the penthouse, Milo will be safe with us, you concentrate on Baekhyun." Chanyeol watches as Soo wakes  a sleeping Sehun and Kai, before he heads over to Suho, who has a sleeping Milo already in his car seat. Leaning in he kisses his tiny forehead "I don't want to leave you little prince,  but we both need Papa awake and well." Chan leans in again for one more kiss before he cups his sons head, marvelling at how his hand still dwarfs him. He turns, takes a deep breath and follows Dr moon out.

 

Chanyeol gasps at the sight before him, his husband has never looked this fragile before. Baekhyun lies on a hospital bed hooked up to a drip and a monitor. An oxygen mask covers his small delicate face, his eyes covered with patches whilst he remains sedated. Chanyeol thought leaving Baek whilst sick was his worst nightmare he is very much wrong. It's not even close, he rakes his eyes over his petite husband,  hooked up to multiple machines and just out of surgery.  This right here is his ultimate nightmare! 

 

His beautiful husband lying motionless, most likely in pain and all he can do is hold his tiny delicate hand.  "Sweatheart baby, it's me your idiot husband, I'm so so sorry I didn't see you in pain. That I let my selfish need for your attention overpower whats important. I promise i will never leave like that again." 

 

As he sits beside his husband he makes a silent promise to make this right, vowing once his beautiful light and soul is awake, he will give him the love he deserves. For now he will sit holding the other half to his souls hand, whilst he silently cries.

 

It's after one in the afternoon when Dr moon returns,  Chanyeol watches apprehensively as the doctor removes the eye patches, checks the chart and the monitor. "Mr Park, I think it's time we wake  Baekhyun, now he will be a little groggy, disorientated and in pain whilst the sedative wares off. "I understand Dr Moon, thank you for ensuring all is well." "Your welcome! Now I am recommending Baekhyun stay for the next 48 hours mainly so that we can stave off any risk off infection" "I understand Dr Moon, can he have visitors, we have a 9 week old son." "Congratulations Mr Park,  I'm afraid such young infants would be a no for the next 24 hours at least, please I understand this is hard but it is best both for Baekhyun and your son, I will reevaluate after that 24 hour period." Chanyeol  watches as the doctor leaves, gripping on to a delicate still slightly cold hand harder. This will be the longest either of them  have been with out their little prince! This is all his fault he never want this!

 

Noticing the doctor has returned he waits with bated breath, as Baekhyun is given the medication required to bring him out of sedation.

 

Baekhyun can feel someone squeezing his hand, he doesn't remember his sofa being this hard! Or this rather unpleasant smell of bleach. He feels a strange burning sensation in his abdomen, it's like he been slashed open. The hand holding his squeezes harder, he doesn't understand he knows he should open his eyes but his whole body feels odd! He is starting to panic as nothing feels right, "baby please, let me see those gorgeous eyes of yours." He knows that voice!

 

Baekhyun remembers now, how his husband had stormed away because of emotional overload! Baekhyun remembers how he could no longer fight the pain he had in his abdomen, it was so painful! How he heard Sehun angrily mentioned an ambulance, before he threw up and passed out. He needs to open his eyes, he feels gentle familiar fingers his cheek "sweetheart please, baby I need to see you"

 

Opening his eyes slowly the red head notices the celling is polystyrene, and not the dove grey of home. He can feel whatever is covering his face lift away, he turns towards that smooth honey voice he would recognise anywhere. Finally his eyes are open and he is awake enough, to notice  that the throbbing in abdomen is now a different pain, and that his husband has his hand in a vice like grip and is kissing the back of his hand, as he sobs. 

 

Baekhyun tries to sit up, and regrets it instantly, he feels like he is on fire, searing white hot pain assaults him. He can't speak, all he can do is whimper. The action seems to shock his giant in too action, his hand is dropped and a call button is bashed. "Baby thank god, I'm so so sorry." 

 

Sensing a flurry of activity he turns as a man enters, "Good afternoon Mr Park, I'm your Doctor, Dr Moon, your probably wondering what's happened." Beakhyun nods his head, as he notices his throat is parched. "You were rushed in last night with acute appendicitis, I performed an emergency appendectomy." Baekhyun blinks once twice, before turning to Chanyeol, who has returned to holding his hand and is now holding water to his lips with his other. He takes a sip as the doctor continues "Mr Park, we do need to keep you in for the next 48 hours to keep an eye on you. Provided there are no complications, we will let you go home" Baekhyun looks at Chan, who is looking back at him with a look he has never seen before. It's a mixture of stress, exhaustion and heartbreak! 

 

That's when it hits him, Baekhyun hasn't heard Milo, he scans what he can of the floor and the room noticing no baby, his husband is without their prince! Not caring that he has just had surgery, and positive he is croaking "how long have I been here." "Where is he, Chanyeol we haven't been apart this long before." "Sweetheart, angel, baby, shh I know you haven't, please i hate that we apart from him, our son is safe, and is with his uncles Suho, Kungsoo and the others." Baekhyun tries to get up, but can only whimper as the tears fall. Prompting Chan to raise his free hand and stoke his cheek. "Yeollie I need my baby here" "Mr Park, your blood pressure is rising, I  told Mr Park I will allow your son in after 24 hours provided there is no infection, and your blood pressure doesn't spike again" He is about to protest and demand his son be bought in when he is cut off! "Sehun is getting the webcam sorted, we can't bring him here, but you can watch him, I know it's not the same baby, I promise he will be in your arms again soon" 

 

Baekhyun  stares at his husband and sees the turmoil reflected there, he knows the love of his life is right, their precious prince is  being well cared for, and better of at home. He takes a deep breath as he slowly loses that separation anxiety.

 

Baekyun watches as the doctor adjusts his drip to add some much needed pain relief  and quietly leave. Next thing he sees is his love of his life release his hand and  fall to his knees and start ugly crying. Baekhyun, manages to understand some words, such as sorry, never again, and forgive me. Through the fog of pain he understands why his gentle giant is a mess, he has no doubt been frightened by this,  and is blaming himself. Beakhyun knows his husband isn't to blame, he will set him straight, when he doesn't feel like he's been hit by a bus! Right now, he has a more urgent need and is positive  the idiot he loves does to.  

 

Placing a hand on his giant's head, seems to do the trick as Chanyeol seems to calm down just like their son does. He always will have nothing but undying love for the man on his knees. Hoping his features portray just how important Chanyeol is to him.   It's magical as he watches his husband snap out of his funk, and get off the floor.  Baekhyun watches as Chan picks up his phone with a gentle smile reflecting his own.  Before he knows it Baekhyun feels those familiar arms encase him in his safe comforting embrace, one hand gently supporting him the other holding a phone with a video link already playing. A gentle kiss is felt on his forehead as the small redhead leans back in to his husband, as they watch there precious heart sleep soundly in his crib.