Milo Vs Fist Injections

The New Baby!

Chanyeol watches as his petite delicate husband struggles to keep his hands  from trembling and shaking whilst holding Milo in his baby carrier. He is so glad he left Sehun in charge of his studio today, not that he is looking forward to what their sleeping prince will be facing either! A shaky whispered "I guess we should go in"   is heard from the man beside him  turning to his husband slightly, Chanyeol can see how close to tears Baekhyun is, and how rooted his feet are to the pavement. They are currently standing outside the private paediatrician's office they choose, after hours of trawling through testimonies, finally settling on this one from a promising recommendation from Yixing. Chanyeol gently places his hand on the small of Baekhyun's back hoping the support and comfort of his hand there, will encourage the love of his life to walk through the doors of the clinic.

 

It works as he holds the door open, "sweetheart you find a seat I will go sign us in." Chanyeol watches as his husband heads slowly to the waiting area before turning to check them in. Minutes later and he heads to the waiting area brought to a halt at the sight in front of him, he hates this! The centre of his world is still trembling, with tears forming in his beautiful eyes as he tries to undo the baby straps on the carrier. He knows exactly what his heart is trying to do, walking over places a hand over those beautiful fingers and smiles softly, "Baby I will get him, you sit down." That's how he knows his love is out of sorts, normally Baekhyun would just stare at him in exasperation before continuing with the task at hand.

 

A tired baby gurgle distracts him from taking over the task, Chanyeol smiles down at the now awake baby still unable to believe they have him in their life. He gently lifts out their 8 week old prince unconditional love blooming in his chest at the happy noises he makes.  Smilling at the delighted squeal Milo makes when he turns around, "do you see papa baby boy" The following little kicks he feels are proof enough that their 8 week old son, does indeed sense his beautiful papa is close.

 

Baekhyun isn't sure if the tears he can feel building in his eyes are out of fear anymore, as all he can feel is nothing but love radiating off his gentle giant. He so loves this man,  that he can't help but fell unworthy of at times, especially when Chanyeol always knows what he needs be before he even gets chance to voice it. "Yeol baby, do you think he will hate us," Baekhyun can't help but voice his distress, he is terrified that their little prince will hate them for making him go through this. Grateful that the other half of his souls features soften as he shakes his head.  Feeling instantly calmer when their precious one is gently placed in his arms. "No sweetheart, I know its harsh what our appointment is today, you and I both know the alternative will be so much more sinister."  Feeling much better Baekhyun smiles up at the still standing male, "you always know just what to say!" Mirroring the intimate smile that the other half of his soul wears, he slowly inches closer hoping to earn himself a kiss, but is cut off by a nurse calling for them.

 

Now situated in a rather plush paediatricians office, one complete with surprisingly comfortable chesterfield sofa, and not those horrible plastic chairs. It's the part of the day he has been dreading most, he can feel tears building in his arms again, he doesn't want to hurt their still so tiny baby, he knows if they don't their little prince will be at higher risk for whooping cough, rubella and polio. Feeling a sudden heat on his knee, Baekhyun looks down to see his slim leg has been covered by one giant strong hand, he doesn't feel so silly seeing the tears he has reflected in Chanyeol's eyes. "Ok Papa, if you can hold Milo so he facing away from you, like he is sitting on your lap, I can then administer the 6 in 1 we discussed." "6in1?" "Yes Mr Park, your husband asked that I use the least painful vaccination, plus this will only mean one injection not two."  

 

Baekhyun thankfully came prepared, and dressed their little prince in just baby rompers today. One being a short mint green one, his Nana Park bought from some outrageously priced boutique downtown. Underneath Chanyeol's favourite yellow romper, the one with the slogan my daddy is a rockstar. Keeping one arm secured around their little prince, his other hand automatically seeks out the one still on his knee, feeling less anxious when his much smaller hand is protectively encased. He feels Chanyeol take a deep breath as the doctor wheels over closer, expertly distracting their little prince with a squeaky toy, bracing for Milo's wake the dead cries. Both he and Chanyeol are stunned silent, when those famous screams don't materialise, instead their little prince simply laughs instead.