Milo’s Favourite Sleeping Place

The New Baby!

Distinct baby gurgles ring out across the open living room, followed by the chuckles of the man entrusted with caring for this precious gift on his own.  Chanyeol can't keep the smile from his face as he watches his five week old son make the cutest sounds, as he lays on the play mat his uncle Soo bought for him! According to Soo its an  educational one as has numbers and letters, that hang  down from a mobile above it. Both he and Baekhyun didn't have the heart to tell Soo, that their son couldn't read yet.  Quickly glancing at the clock he smiles it's almost midday and nap time for their precious heart. Chanyeol has been left  to watch Milo solo, by a reluctant  and emotional papa. Chanyeol had to all but push his tiny husband out the door, to attend a meeting at the publishing house he ghost writes for. 

 

Chanyeol so adores the fact that Baekhyun agonizes and whines, every time something comes up that means leaving their precious little one. Chanyeol can feel his heart beak quicken at the memories. He hated seeing the distress in his husband's teary Crystal blues the first time he left their baby,  it was just an hour for a coffee with their beloved bridezilla of a friend Chen. This will be the second time he has to fly solo, he would be lying if he said he didn't panic like  the first time, as the only other small creature he's had to be responsible for on his own was Toben his dog. When they first bought home Milo he was jealous of the bond papa and son had formed so quickly, and how the other half of his soul took to parenthood like a duck to water. That Jealousy swiftly turned to awe the night of the thunderstorm when Baekhyun had cried because their baby wouldn't settle in his arms! Yet twenty minutes lying close to them both, and their sweet prince was back in dreamland.  The next morning Baekhyun had admitted he didn't want to wake him, knowing how stressed he was with the production of a  particularly demanding superstar's album. He was surprised by Baekhyun's words "Milo settles best when your close Yeol, it's you he seeks comfort from" had rid him instantly of that Jealousy.

 

"Milo my precious little price,  papa will soon  be home," he loves that those little legs kick out at the mention of his papa. Smiling at Milo being so happy at the mention of his papa, he closes down his laptop it's no point trying to do invoices when he could spend his time with his son. Gently picking up his son and cradling him close to his heart, he doesn't miss  how his little prince instantly burrows in closer as he lets out the cutest yawn "baby boy are you tired Chanyeol quickly places two of his fingers on the smallest back  gently making circular motions making sure he hold this precious cargo close to his chest  so that he can seek out his warmth. Once his little prince is settled, he starts to sing a lullaby

 

A red haired male steps out of a meeting room, letting out the breath he has held throughout. He honestly thought this meeting would never end, thankfully it's over and he can make his way home to his two favourite people, he has missed those sweet baby gurgles of his little prince, if he's lucky he will make it home before nap time, with the promise of tiny,  perfect baby snuggles and kisses from his love, he rushes  out the double doors of his office. Half an hour later he's walking in to their incredibly quiet penthouse!  Heading towards their open plan living place, he stops  dead in his tracks by the vison in front of him, Chanyeol stands by the floor to celling windows cradling close to his heart, their most precious prince.  One of his hands looks enormous supporting the small back of their baby, the other supporting that delicate head. It's a magnificent image one of pure unconditional love and devotion, an image for so long he feared would never happen.

 

A moment that ends all too quickly, when Milo lets outs a rather sleepy cry, he giggles when he sees the panic starting to set in in Chayeol's deep amber eyes.  Striding across the room, he watches as Chayeol stands like a deer in the headlights, Baekhyun gently moves Chanyoels hand lower on their sons back and murmurs "sssh little one, I know, I know papa and daddy have you."  Baekhyun gently runs the back of his other hand over a tiny forehead, and swiftly leans up and kisses the soft ruby red lips of his love, just before Chanyeol whispers "Sweetheart I had hoped Milo would still be awake, but it would seem our little prince would rather sleep then see his papa." Baekhyun can see it now how their little prince is struggling to stay awake, "that's because sleeping on daddy, is this little guy's favourite thing to do." Baekhyun cuddles in close, his heart once again leaping at the adoration on  Chanyeols face, he catches his taller husband eyes and whispers " he loves you too baby, you are our safe place!" The subtle nod and loving gaze aimed his way is  all the confirmation he needs to know that Chanyeol heard him.  Their highly charged staring match is cute short by the softest baby snore, and Chanyeol's  quiet snickers trying not to wake their little prince.

 

I hope everyone likes this one, I know it's a been quite a while since I wrote a one shot,  I wrote this over my lunch breaks these last couple of days.

 

As always please do leave your comments