Nine

Adore You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

an: this is a work of fiction.

 

                            SEPTEMBER 2021

                                  PRESENT

 

Candles.

Wine.

Steak.

Silverware.

Red and white overalls.


Suzy standing next to the table with a smile which made Chaeyoung's heart ache she feels it's going to burst.

 

This was the scenario that welcomed Chaeyoung as she stepped inside Suzy's apartment. 

 

When the singer agreed to meet with the actress for a hang out, she was expecting it to be a casual netflix and chill-- or anything really. Just not this. Everything looked romantic. God, Suzy is holding a bouquet of roses.

 

And Chaeyoung is wearing jeans and a plain white shirt. She even left her shoes outside the door of Suzy's place and she's left standing with her barefeet. She suddenly felt underdressed. 

 

"Suzy? What's all this..?" she croaked out. "Dinner?" Suzy answered as she handed Chaeyoung the flowers which the latter took. 

 

"Come, sit. Feel at home." The singer told her enthusiastically while she held out a chair for Chaeyoung to sit. 

 

"Suzy..." Chaeyoung trailed off. "Isn't this a bit too much?" 

 

The singer's face fell. "I- I'm sorry. This is stupid.." Suzy stuttered as she attempted to clean the table up. This made Chaeyoung guilty. Suzy made an effort and she realized that her comment was a little rude. They haven't talked in length of what would happen-- what they want to happen with their relationship. So Chaeyoung was a bit surprised at the gesture.

 

"Suzy, stop.. It's okay. Let's have dinner. You know I love steak." she chastised Suzy. The actress nodded meekly and they proceed to eat quietly. 

 

The two ate in silence. It wasn't suffocating or awkward which made Chaeyoung think. How come after all these years and months of not being with Suzy, everything seems normal -- like it was meant to be. It scared her. 

 

"I hope you're not gonna stab me with the way you're holding the knife, Chaeyoung-ah." She heard Suzy joke. 

 

"I was just thinking.." she answered. "Care to share?" the singer asked. 

 

"About how much I feel for you." Chaeyoung said with nonchalance. Suzy almost choked while drinking her wine. 

 

"God, Chaeyoung warn a person please." the two laughed. "I mean, it is true." Chaeyoung stated.

 

"What are we, Suzy?" she finally asked. After a long time of suffering from miscommunication, the singer decided that things would be easier if she asked outright.

 

Suzy almost choked on her wine yet again.

 

"I'll be anything you want me to be. I want to make it up to you. I've hurt you so much in the past and.. I'll take anything, really. As long as it's from you." Suzy held out her hands and reached for Chaeyoung. 

 

"Would it be okay for you to take it slow? I want you back in my life too-- Don't get me wrong but you know me. It has been hard." Chaeyoung mumbled. "I know we've slept together twice already but this time I want to take it slow. I want to get to know you again. It's been two years, Suzy.. a lot has changed for me. And I know the same goes for you." 

 

"I understand." Suzy nodded. "How slow, though?" the actress joked and gave her a wink.

 

"Stop it!" Chaeyoung exclaimed while laughing.

 

The two ex-lovers sat by Suzy's couch and decided to watch a movie. "Oh, I forgot to mention.. We watche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter