Eleven

Adore You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

an: this is a work of fiction

PRESENT

 

This definitely feels like an intervention, Chaeyoung thought. By the way Hyeri's arms are folded in front of her chest and the way she's looking at her two friends says so. 

 

Throughout the singer's drive to the restaurant, she felt nervous and anxious. First, because Hyeri is angry. And second, she'll be seeing Suzy again. They haven't talked in length about what the kiss meant --So much for taking things slow.

 

Now here she was, sitting beside the actress who maintained an appreciable amount of distance from her chair but still close enough to reach her hand to acknowledge that they're going to be fine.

 

"Look, Hyeri." Suzy started to talk but Hyeri raised both of her hands to stop her from talking. "I can't believe you two!" she exclaimed. 

 

"That Paris trip was years ago! We could've hung out years ago together!" Hyeri said, exasperation in her voice. "You two acted like you didn't know each other last time. Explain that to me. I feel so betrayed right now."

 

"Especially you, Suzy. You told me you wanted to meet Chaeyoung." Hyeri added. "When you've clearly known each other even longer than me and Chaengie!"

 

Chaeyoung looked at Suzy apologetically. They didn't know whether to tell their friend or not and what to tell her exactly. Suzy instead grabbed Chaeyoung's hand under the table and squeezed it to reassure her. If Hyeri really cares about them both, she will be happy for them, right? The two silently hoped their friend wouldn't judge their relationship. 

 

"Yah! Why are you two holding hands under the table! Were you even listening to me?" Hyeri asked them with annoyance in her voice. 

 

Hyeri stilled at both of her friends' hands still clasped together, noticing the matching rings both were wearing. It was a recent back to friendship purchase as Suzy would call it.

 

Then it clicked. 

 

"Y-You!" Hyeri shouted causing some of the customers to turn their heads. "Keep it down, Unnie.." Chaeyoung chastised the other whose eyes were still wide while pointing her finger at the rings. 

 

"Yah don't unnie me! You called Suzy unnie when we were here last time and you were.." Hyeri then turned to Suzy.

 

"Y-you were her Paris?" Hyeri stuttered at the revelation. It was Suzy's turn to look shocked. Hyeri knew about the details but didn't know who it was. Chaeyoung never told anyone who it was, only Lisa knows that it was Suzy.

 

"Yeah, I mentioned it once or twice.." Chaeyoung shyly answered. "Once or twice huh. Yeah, she did." Hyeri scoffed. 

 

"I should hate you both, really. And you!" Hyeri exclaimed again. "Chaeyoungie was really hurt!" she shouted. 

 

"Unnie.. You really need to keep it down or we'd definitely get in trouble." Chaeyoung tried to calm their friend down. 

 

"I just.. My head is aching just thinking about you two-- I mean.. I'm really happy for you both. And you should really be careful." Hyeri scolded her friends. "Barging in on a vlive. Hmpf. Not telling your friend. Hmp." Hyeri pouted. 

 

"So.. it's okay? I mean.. you aren't against it.. right?" Suzy carefully asked. "Yah!" Hyeri shouted again. "Of course I'm happy for you both! I'm just shocked, you know. I saw the articles about you two before but I thought they were all coincidences. I mean, who thought?"

 

"Chaeyoungie is so inlove with you, you know that right?" Hyeri scolded Suzy again. "Yah!" This time it was Suzy that shouted. 

 

"Everyone keeps saying that!" The actress exclaimed. "I'm so inlove with Chaeyoung too!" 

 

Chaeyoung blushed at the statement and reached for Suzy's hand. They both missed the warmth of each other and just being in each other's presence even though it hasn't been a week since they last saw each other. How did they even survive years without the other? 

 

"You guys are sickeningly sweet I hate you both." Hyeri teased. "You're both paying for my meal, lovebirds."

 

In the middle of dinner, Suzy felt eyes on her and Hyeri was looking at her like she was judging her in a contest. "What?" Suzy asked.

 

"I still can't believe you guys are together." Hyeri looked at her friends again. "I mean.. it's so random but it makes so much sense at the same time."

 

Suzy coughed. "Hyeri, we're not yet together." the actress added. 

 

"What! Are you serious! Chaeyoung-ah! You agreed to this?" Hyeri growled, pointing her knife at Chaeyoung. "We're starting over, unnie. We don't want to rush into things again." The youngest explained and they sighed in relief as Hyeri lowered the knife.

 

"That makes sense too." Hyeri nodded to herself. "Sleep with each other yet?" Hyeri smirked while asking. 

 

With flushed cheeks, Chaeyoung hit Hyeri's shoulder playfully. "Unnie!"

 

"What? I'm allowed to make a little fun of you two after you kept this from me!" They all laughed. 

 

"So did you?" Hyeri followed up. "It's really none of your business, Hyeri. Now eat." Suzy warned her friend. 

 

"Ah, so you did." Suzy almost choked on her water, giving Hyeri a look. "What? Your reactions are funny. Payback time."

 

 

---

 

The three spent some more time catching up and when they noticed that it was getting late, they decided to call it a night, with the two promising Hyeri another hang out or a double date with her boyfriend if they want to.

 

"Well that was a relief." Chaeyoung stated as she sat at Suzy's passenger seat. The actress offered to give her a ride home which she agreed to since their friendship  is already known to everyone, the only thing they needed to do is to avoid public displays of affection. "It was really good seeing you." Suzy replied. 

 

"I was so lonely the past three days without you." Suzy added. "Do you maybe want to sleepover then?" Chaeyoung boldly asked. It's not that she's asking Suzy to sleep with her. It's also raining and it would probably be more convenient for Suzy to go back to her place the day after. 

 

"Is that a good idea?" Suzy whispered, her eyes still focused on the road but Chaeyoung saw the actress tighten her grip on the steering wheel. 

 

"As long as you keep your hands to yourself." Chaeyoung teased. "I'm driving, Chaeyoung-ah. Don't even try."

 

 

--

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter