Five

Adore You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          March 28, 2021         
      (PRESENT)     

 

 

 

It was all familiar, really. At the same time, it was a new feeling. She's been here before, yet she can't get used to it.

 

 

Soft snores from the person laying beside her woke her inner turmoils up so Chaeyoung carefully removed the arm draped over her waist and sat at the edge of the bed. The singer can't believe what happened. It was all a blur. She was about to go home from another award show and the next thing she knew she was lying in bed with the woman who once meant the world to her. 

 

 

They didn't talk at all last night. Their bodies on the other hand, did all the talking. Two years worth of pent up emotions and feelings that Chaeyoung couldn't even name did all the talking. Chaeyoung clearly remembers the intense staring, clothes scattered on the floor, the biting, the roughness and the softness of it all. And god.. The lone tear falling from Suzy's eye which the actress quickly brushed away after they both reached their peaks, thinking Chaeyoung didn't notice. 

 

 

Chaeyoung leaves without saying a word. She looks, however. She’ll always look. She notices how peaceful Suzy looks in her sleep, her deep brown locks cascading her heavenly features. The singer tries not to remember their night in Paris but it was futile. They were happy.

 

 

She squeezed her eyes shut as if it would prevent her memories from coming back to her. 

 

 

The hugs. The kisses. The cuddling. Soft murmurs of endearment. They even showered together that morning. 

 

 

But now.. even in the presence of the woman who once made her feel like love can make the world go round, she felt empty. 

 

 

Hollow. 

 

 

As she tiptoed her way outside the hotel room, she took a last look at the actress. 

 

 

She cannot do this again.

 

 

——

 

 

Rosé went through her day like nothing happened. She’s been good at pretending these days. After recording a dance practice video, the singer headed straight to her apartment and plopped herself on the bed while she's waiting for Lisa. 

 

 

"How's my global superstar?" The singer heard her best friend shout from across the room. Lisa, Jennie and Jisoo had access to her apartment, of course. That's why knocking is a whole other universe for Blackpink members. Everyone almost knew everything about the other. They're sisters by fate, after all.

 

 

"I'm drained, Lis." Chaeyoung whined. "Where do you get all your energy? Give me some, I beg you."

 

 

"Yah! You're one to talk. I'm not one to call out but I can literally see a hickey on your collarbone Chaeng." the dancer said which caused Chaeyoung to blush and quickly wore the hoodie lying next to her as she was wearing a loose sleeveless shirt. 

 

 

"." Chaeyoung spat and Lisa just laughed. "And I thought we were bestfriends. Who is it this time?" Lisa asked as she looked at Chaeyoung. 

 

 

 

"You talk like I've been sleeping around." The singer looked at her bestfriend who just shrugged in response. "Not that anything's wrong with that."

 

 

 

"Fine, fine Chaeng. I won't ask if you're not ready but.... you should atleast cover that up." Lisa teased. "I did! I just took a bath so the makeup washed off." The singer tried to explained to a laughing Lisa.

 

 

"You're one naughty gal!" Lisa continued teasing. "And here I was trying to comfort you about she-who-should-not-be-named when you got yourself a new lover!" 

 

 

Chaeyoung stopped laughing at that and Lisa immediately noticed the way her bestfriend tensed up at the mention (albeit ambiguous) of a certain actress.

 

 

"God, Chaeyoung. Don't tell me.." Lisa tried to carefully approach the topic but she herself was shocked by the fact that her bestfriend might have slept with the actress after everything that went down.

 

 

Chaeyoung was on the verge of crying. A mixture of embarassment and helplessness building up her in her stomach and she can't look straight at her bestfriend who she knew was looking at her right now with concern. Lisa was the only one who knew about Suzy. That's why the dancer was ultimately protective of Chaeyoung because of the way Suzy hurt her before.

 

Chaeyoung felt warmth as Lisa's arms enveloped her into a hug. "I don't want to talk about it, Lisa." she whispered against the other's chest. "You don't have to." her bestfriend replied. 

 

 

"Say.... Jennie and Jisoo's done for the day. They're asking if they could crash? Blackpink sleepover?" Lisa asked her with a smile.

 

 

Chaeyoung was thankful for her sisters.

 

 

---------

 

A light knocking woke Rosé up but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter