Seven

Adore You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: this is a work of fiction.

SEPTEMBER 2021
(PRESENT)

 

Months passed. Chaeyoung has never been on edge in her life as she was now.

 

Suzy never reached out again and Chaeyoung should feel relieved about this, really. That was what she asked for, right? She thought that this was what she wanted but the way she's been behaving these past few days says otherwise.

 

Even the staff noticed during their breaks that she looked kinda sad or disturbed. It's always either of the two. The singer attributed her current dilemma to the fact that she slept with her ex-girlfriend and left the latter like a one night stand. She isn't that kind of person. Maybe she felt guilty. She remembers the look in Suzy's eyes when she was at her doorstep, the actress looked really hurt. 

 

Should she reach out? Chaeyoung has been thinking about it lately-- to reconcile and apologize to the actress for everything that went down months ago but the immature side of her wanted nothing to do anything with Suzy. The actress didn't even care about her years ago. Chaeyoung atleast let her in when Suzy showed up drunk at her doorstep.

 

Unbeknownst to Chaeyoung, Jennie, who is sitting next to her noticed that she was staring blankly at the window.

 

"What's bugging you, Rosie?" The older girl asked. Chaeyoung contemplated whether or not she should voice out her concern. Jennie would surely understand.

 

"Do you think I should reach out to Suzy?" She finally asked. Jennie didn't answer. 

 

"Unnie?" Chaeyoung called her and the older one finally snapped out of it. "Sorry, Chaeng. I'm still new to you calling her by her first name." Jennie answered as she chuckled.

 

"Do you want my advice as a friend or as a decent person?" Jennie joked. "I'll take both, Unnie.. I'm really conflicted right now."

 

"As a friend, I'd tell you to cut ties with her totally. She's our senior, I know. But she hurt my chaeyoungie.." Jennie pouted while she hugged the younger member. "On the other hand, I think it would really give you some peace of mind if you talk to her."

 

Chaeyoung didn't answer and reached for the phone on the table. "Uhm.. What are you doing?" Jennie asked. "I'm texting her." Chaeyoung replied.

 

"Right now?" Jennie asked, perplexed at the suddenness of everything. "Yep." Chaeyoung replied and there she go. She unblocked Suzy's number and typed out: Let's talk. My place tonight. -R-

 

"There. Sent." Chaeyoung uttered and when she looked at Jennie, the latter was looking at her in disbelief. "That was fast."

 

Not long after, Lisa and Jisoo came by with paper bags filled with food. 

 

"Yo yo yo wazzup!" Lisa exclaimed as she brought out and neatly placed the chicken skewers that she and Jisoo bought for the four of them. 

 

The four of them sat at the couch inside Lisa's apartment. Miraculously, all of them had another day off and they decided yet again to spend it with each other. 

 

 

"What movie should we watch?" Chaeyoung casually asked. She looked at Lisa but the youngest just shrugged.

 

"Don't ask me, I've been dying to watch Start-up for a while now." and as soon as Lisa said that, Jisoo threw her a death glare. She suddenly looked at Chaeyoung with an apologetic smile. 

 

"Sorry." Lisa looked really cute wearing her infamous pout so Chaeyoung decided to give the show a chance, even if her ex --  which she is seeing tonight by the way-- is in it.

 

"Okay, let's watch it." Chaeyoung said and the younger girl looked at her like she saw a ghost. "A-Are you sure? Am I actually seeing Ms. Jeong Sa Ha at last?" Lisa replied with utter excitement. 

 

"Her cat-like eyes.." Lisa sighed as she closed her eyes. "To die for. She's exactly my type." The youngest added. Jisoo looked at Lisa weirdly. "She reminds me of Jennie to be honest." Jisoo commented. 

 

"Stop, unnie. Lisa's not my type." Jennie immediately countered. Unknown to Jisoo and Jennie - even Lisa herself - Chaeyoung noticed the change in Lisa's demeanor the entire time they were watching the series. 

 

Two episodes in, Jennie and Jisoo went to the kitchen to retrieve some more snacks, leaving Chaeyoung and Lisa alone. "You okay? You seem.. distracted?" Chaeyoung asked Lisa. 

 

 

"I'm kinda not in the mood to watch anymore, Chaeng.." Lisa replied, deflated. "Tell me something I don't know.." Lisa murmured against Chaeyoung's shoulder. 

 

"I'm meeting with Suzy tonight." the blonde blurted out, Lisa rolled off of her and looked at Chaeyoung with wide eyes. "Excuse me?" Lisa asked her. 

 

Chaeyoung wasn't sure but she thinks Lisa sounds mad. "Why?" Lisa let out with a sigh. 

 

"I got some advice from Jennie-unnie and I really think it would give me some peace of mind. I can hardly sleep these days, Lis." Chaeyoung explained.

 

"Don't ever say I didn't warn you." Lisa whispered as she focused on the screen again. "Love is such a joke." the youngest whispered yet again.

 

"Lisa.. you know you can tell me anything, right?" Chaeyoung asked the other in a cautious tone, softly touching Lisa's shoulder. "I'm just saying.." Lisa said, still not looking at Chaeyoung. 

 

"Jennie should be the last person you should seek for advice about relationships." Lisa said.

 

She didn't call her unnie, Chaeyoung thought. Was she so caught up in her own world that she had no idea what's going on with her friends?

 

"Lisa, you're my bestfriend.. you know you can tell me anything, right?" the singer uttered as she hugged the other. "I would.." Lisa muffled against Chaeyoung'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter