Eight

Adore You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

an: this is a work of fiction.

SEPTEMBER 2021

PRESENT

 

“We did not just do that..” Chaeyoung said outloud. Beads of sweat travelled down her forehead due to the strenuous activity they just had. 

 

“I cannot end up in bed with you all the time!” The singer exclaimed, clearly frustrated with how things went. She sat up, covering her body with the blanket as she looked at the girl still laying down on the other side of the bed. 

 

Suzy’s cheeks were rosy, her eyes shut as she breathed deeply. 

 

“Suzy?” Chaeyoung call out to her. Did she just fall asleep right after? 

 

The singer took in the other girl’s features. Suzy is mesmerizing. She remembers how gentle the actress was, still is. 

 

Then she opened her eyes, a small smile on her face as she took Chaeyoung’s hands.

 

“I love you.” Suzy confessed. 

 

It took the singer a while to take in what the actress had said. After all this time she loved— no, she still loves her. 

 

“I-..” Chaeyoung hesitated. “I would be lying if I told you I don’t feel the same.” 

 

“Jangmi.” The singer heard the other whisper. The term of endearment made her feel things--- and this is what Chaeyoung hates and loves the most--- that no matter what happens, Suzy had always been the one to make her feel butterflies. 

 

“Give me another chance. Give us another chance.” Suzy added. She moved toward Chaeyoung. Bared. . All for Chaeyoung to take. 

 

“You don’t need to answer me now.” Suzy reassured the other. The actress stood up, exposing her back as she bent down to gather her clothes and started putting them on. 

 

Once Suzy was fully clothed, she took one last look before heading towards the door. Just before the actress was about to reach for the knob, she felt two arms hugging her from behind. 

 

“You know how I feel about you.” Chaeyoung whispered against her shoulder. “I just need time to wrap myself up about all of this.” 

 

 

“You’re actually happy.” Chaeyoung heard Lisa say. The youngest inched closer and examined the singer’s face intently. 

 

“Something good happened last night?” Lisa asked while wiggling her eyebrows. 

 

“I think? We talked and stuff.” Chaeyoung uttered.

 

“And stuff?” Lisa inquired. “You slept with her again didn’t you?” Lisa nudged her as she laughed, confirming what the younger said. 

 

“I still have feelings for her and she explained things to me. It somehow made sense.” Chaeyoung stated. 

 

Lisa nodded. “I think she really loves you too.” 

 

“I thought you didn’t like her for me?” Chaeyoung asked. 

 

“I didn’t like her because she hurt you.” Lisa cut her off. “But the way she looks at you tells me everything I need to know.” 

 

“Enough about me. How are you?” The singer asked. 

 

“I’m fine.” Lisa replied. Chaeyoung would normally let this go but her gut tells her something was going on. “Listen.. I know I haven’t been a good friend lately but—“ 

 

“What do you mean, Chaengie? Everything’s fine.” Lisa answered, avoiding her best friend’s gaze.

 

“Is it about Jennie unnie?” Chaeyoung propped. She was not sure if she’s getting things right but it must have something to do with her. The way Lisa’s reaction changed during the movie night caught the singer’s attention.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter