Moving In

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeri's POV

"Are you going to be okay?"
"Huh?" I looked at my mom and she was smiling at me.
"Y-yeah." I told her. "I'll be okay. For you." I said and she pulled me into a hug.
"You're really brave honey. You still have your say in this, you know." She told me.
"I'll give it a chance. It wouldn't hurt to try, would it?" I said and she smiled.

 

We both arrived at the Galleria Foret in Seongsu. All my things were already taken there this morning. All I had with me right now was my shoulder bag and my laptop. My school things, my clothes, my pillows and toys, all were already moved into my new 'home' for the next year and a half. Why does it seem like it's going to be a long year ahead? My mom and I entered tower two and headed up the elevator until the forty third floor. I would have to get used to the elevator ride. It's giving me vertigo. The floor had three apartments. His is number 4301. Noted. We rang the doorbell and it was immediately answered by Mrs. Oh. She greeted us with smiles and had us enter the apartment. I looked around and it was really beautiful. Now there's one good thing about moving

Living Room
Living Room 2
Dining Area
Kitchen
Sehun's Room
Chaeri's Room

 

"Like it?" Mrs. Oh smiled at me and I nodded politely. She led us to the living room which had a really good view of Seoul.
"Chaeri! Glad that you're already here!' Mr. Oh smiled widely as he entered the room with Sehun.
"I'm glad too, Mr. Oh." I smiled and bowed politely.
"So polite." He smiled. "Let me give you a tour." He said.

 

The apartment was relatively big. It had a spacious living room, another living room?, a dining area, and an elegant kitchen. Mr. Oh said that Sehun's apartment was the only one that had a second floor in this tower only because they had this unit particularly designed for them. Or in this case, Sehun. They bought it while the building was still in construction and had the second floor built. Cool. They brought us upstairs to my room and I couldn't be happier. It looked perfect. It was smaller than my room but it had the perfect view from the bed. Closet space was enough too. I also had my own bathroom connected directly with my room which is perfect considering I'm sharing this place with a guy. After I looked around my new room, we all went back down to the living room.

 

"I hope you feel at home, dear." Mrs. Oh told me.
"If you need anything, you can call me, okay?" Mom said and I nodded.
"Housekeeping comes in every Wednesday and Saturday to do laundry and cleaning of the house as well as to bring in groceries." Mr. Oh told me.
"SNU is a twenty minute drive away from here. You can go with Sehun to school since it would be more convenient." Mr. Oh suggested. I looked at Sehun and he doesn't seem to like that suggestion.
"No need, Mr. Oh. I have my car. But thank you for the offer." I told him and he smiled. Good thing I am prepared.
"Alright then. We'll be leaving the two of you now. If anything comes up, call us." Mr. Oh said.

 

"I'll miss you, mom." I walked towards my mom and gave her a hug.
"If ever you feel homesick, you're free to come home any time. Just give me a call, okay?" She said.
"I will, mom. I love you."
"I love you too, honey." She said as she kissed my head.

 

Soon enough, our parents had left after giving Sehun some final reminders. We bid them goodbye and all that was left was Sehun and I. I spun around on my feet and looked at Sehun. He was annoyed. I guarantee.

"So! Nice place you have here." I tried initiating small talk with him.
"Let's keep it that way." He timidly said as he sat on one of the couches and typed away on his phone.
"O-kay." I really have no idea on how to talk to this guy. There was an awkward silence that surrounded us as I just looked around, trying not to tick the guy off.
"Let's set up some rules." He spoke up and I just nodded.
"Sit." He motioned for me to sit on the couch across from him.

 

"This." He gestured, addressing the apartment. "Is, theoretically, mine. But since you're here and my parents gave their word, I have to share it with you."
"Off limits to my room unless I give you permission to enter. Other than that, you're free to go anywhere you want around the apartment as long as you don't break anything. If you break it, you pay for it. Understood?" He said and I nodded.

"I don't like you." He said. "But I don't hate you either. We're not enemies but we're not friends either. It's not your fault that you're in this situation but know that I'm really not a big fan of it. So, let's just make things look like as they are before all of this. Nobody is supposed to know that we live together or we're supposedly going to get engaged." He told me. But.. I told Kai.

"Is there an exception?" I asked him.
"Hmm. Two of my friends know. So, to be fair, you can tell two people. But that's the most." He said.
"Clean up after yourself, cook for yourself, watch over yourself. I'm not going to be a baby sitter." He told me and I nodded.
"And, I'm really not taking you to school." He told me.
"Oh, yeah. I have my car. My driver knows when and where to pick me up. Don't worry about it." I told him and he gave me a small nod.
"Can you repeat all the rules?" He said.
"Uhh. You room is off-limits, you're not my baby sitter nor my enemy nor my friend, and nobody is supposed to know about all of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter