CHAPTER-8

Hello Manager

Author POV

Kyungsoo quickly woke up at the sound of doors closing. He woke up sluggishly and sat straight.

Kyungsoo grabbed his phone to check the time.

7:30...?

Kyungsoo looked around, noticing his manger was missing.

He woke up?

Kyungsoo felt quite guilty for making Chanyeol wake up in the middle of the night.

Since both are quite light sleepers, whenever Kyungsoo woke up startled at the night, Chanyeol quickly woke, worried checking on the idol.

Kyungsoo got off the bed and went out to the living room. Looking around, Kyungsoo noticed there were no signs of Baekhyun or Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo called out but there was no response.

Did he go somewhere?

Kyungsoo turned towards Baekhyun's room and noticed the door was ajar.

Kyungsoo walked closer to the room and peeped inside. He noticed Jongin still sleeping soundly.

Suddenly Jongin started to stir in his sleep looking a little breathless.

"Don't...don't..come" Kyungsoo heard Jongin mumbling in his sleep. Kyungsoo widened his eyes, worried and sat on Jongin's bed.

He noticed Jongin was sweating a bit. Scared Kyungsoo tried to wake him.

"Jongin? Jongin are you okay?" Kyungsoo called out slightly shaking him.

Jongin opened his slowly, the sunlight blinding him. When his eyes focused, he noticed Kyungsoo who let out a relieved breath.

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin sat up slowly, running his fingers through his hair.

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked concerned. "Um..yeah." Jongin said rubbing his eyes, his voice still groggy.

Jongin looked down noticing he wasn't wearing a shirt. Kyungsoo noticed it too quickly looked away clearing his throat.

Jongin quickly pulled his blanket up covering his body, flustered. He quickly grabbed his shirt nearby and put it on. Jongin could feel his cheeks burning from embarrassment.

"Where's Baekhyun Hyung?" Jongin asked looking around, trying to break the awkward silence

"I don't know...I think Chanyeol and Baekhyun went out." Kyungsoo said shrugging his shoulder.

"What?? Both went out together?" Jongin asked shocked.

"I don't know about that...but they are not home...." Kyungsoo said chuckling at the end.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, who still looked pretty tired. His eyes were still quite droopy.

"You couldn't sleep well?" Jongin asked mumbling worried. Kyungsoo looked up surprised.

"Ah! No -No I slept well." Kyungsoo said laughing awkwardly. Jongin folded his arms frowning.

"Don't lie. I am not blind. I can see how tired your face looks." Jongin said leaning back. Kyungsoo quickly touched his face subconsciously.

Jongin still felt guilty for what happened to Kyungsoo, if he hadn't invited him over, he wouldn't have needed to experience these things.

"I am sorry... because of me..." Jongin said looking down at his fingers. "Only if I hadn't invited you...You and Chanyeol hyung wouldn't have got hurt..."

Jongin's words caught him off gaurd. Kyungsoo had no idea Jongin was blaming himself. Quickly Kyungsoo shook his head vigorously.

"Yah...Don't say like that...It's not your fault. It was just an accident. No one knew you had a stalker like that. Please dont blame yourself..." Kyungsoo said worried holding Jongin's hand.

Sure, all the events were quite surprising but Kyungsoo never thought it was Jongin's fault.

"Really?" Jongin asked pouting still looking down. "You are not mad at me?"

There is no way I could be mad at you....

Kyungsoo let out a small chuckle making Jongin look up. "Ah why are you laughing?" Jongin asked frowning cutely, making Kyungsoo wanting to pinch his cheeks.

"Its because you are telling things that are so absurd." Kyungsoo said rolling his eyes playfully.

"Now stop worrying about those and get some more sleep." Kyungsoo said pulling the blankets up.

Just as Kyungsoo stood up, Jongin quickly held Kyungsoo's wrist, pulling him closer.

Kyungsoo's ears heated up at the sudden closeness.

"You too need to sleep. You can also join me here. Baekhyun's bed is pretty big." Jongin said shrugging, tapping the empty side of his bed.

"No No I- I am fine. Haha, and I don't know if Baekhyun will be alright letting someone else-"

"Eyy Don't worry about that~ Baekhyun is not someone like that. Maybe with Chanyeol...but he definitely wouldn't mind letting you sleep here." Jongin said eyes beaming.

How could he say those so careless...

Though it wasn't good for his heart, Kyungsoo knew he couldn't say to No to him. Jongin showed his baby bear eyes trying to convince him.

Ahh Seriously...is he doing it on purpose?

Sighing in defeat, Kyungsoo nodded smiling. Kyungsoo laid on the other side. Excited Jongin pulled one of Baekhyun's Plushie.

"That's Baekhyun's?" Kyungsoo asked amazed. Knowing Baekhyun's personality, He didn't expect Baekhyun to have such a big plushie.

"Baekhyun may seem like a cold city boy, but surprisingly he loves cute things like this. He's quite the romantist. Ah! Don't say I said that to him." Jongin said placing his finger over his lips.

Kyungsoo chuckled nodding.

"This feels nice to hug, and you can actually sleep quite faster too." Jongin said amused.

"What? Seriously?" Kyungsoo asked unbelieving. "Eyy believe me."

Jongin placed it between them and both scooted closer to the plushie. "Hmm...it does feel cozy..." Kyungsoo murmured his eyes feeling drowsy. Jongin hummed back in response. And soon drifted to their dream land.


10 years ago

After his morning Run, Chanyeol stopped by a vending machine to get a drink.

Taking a sip, Chanyeol leaned against the wall staring at the road. Feeling the vibration on his pocket, Chanyeol fished out his phone.

"Yeah mom?"

"Ah Yeol-ah! Are you near?"

"Huh? Yeah... I'll be home in 10 min." Chanyeol said glancing at his watch.

"Ah! Then can you get the medicine your sister takes, the Vitamin one. Seems she ran out of those..." Chanyeol heard his mom sigh on the other end.

"Okay... I'll get it." Chanyeol said, looking around for a pharmacy.

Noticing a pharmacy, Chanyeol quickly bought the medicines for his sister and came out. Chanyeol let out a deep breath looking at the sky. Worried when his sister is gonna be fully cured.

Chanyeol suddenly heard a loud thud from beside the ally. Chanyeol looked through the ally and a kid lying on the ground on the other side of the block.

Chanyeol looked at him worried. Just then another boy, maybe about his age, with Brown hair,  crouched down to his eye level.

"Yahhh.. That's why I told you to listen to me properly." The brown haired boy said giggling. Suddenly he grabbed his collor pulling him closer.

"Why do you keep making trouble?" His tone changed quickly to a bit threatening.

"Why are you doing this to me??" The boy who fell down asking shaking.

"Whoa...why are you shaking so much? I didn't hit you that hard." The boy asked once again chuckling.

Is he crazy??

Chanyeol thought annoyed. Is he bullying him or what??

Since he was quite far Chanyeol couldn't hear properly.

"What do you want?"

"Just what I told before, Returning the stuff back to the owner." The guy said standing up.

"So..." The guy showed his hand, like asking for something.

The boy pulled out his wallet and handed it to him.

He checked the wallet and took out the necessary money. And gave the rest to him.

The guy bent and whispered to the boy, which Chanyeol couldn't hear.

That brat!

Just when Chanyeol was going to stop him, he felt someone pulling his hand. He turned back to see the guy from the pharmacy.

"You left your wallet kid." The guy said handing handing Chanyeol's wallet.

"Ah thank you..." Chanyeol quickly grabbed the turned back, but both of them were no where to be scene.

Aish!

Chanyeol looked around to see if he was anywhere. Couldn't find him anywhere, Chanyeol let out a. Annoyed breath.

Chanyeol glanced at his watch and realised he was late for school. Quickly Chanyeol headed back home.

Next day, Chanyeol went again for a run in the morning. Since it was the weekend, Chanyeol wondered what to do the rest of the day.

Just then Chanyeol noticed a familiar face across the road.

Wait...Is it that guy from yesterday?

Chanyeol unknowingly started following him, and saw him go into a convenience store. Chanyeol followed him in and noticed him trying to get a juice from the top shelf.

He didn't look much like a bully, and definitely a lot shorter than him. But Chanyeol was sure it was the same guy who took the money from the boy yesterday.

It won't be bad to play with him a little.

Chanyeol thought mentally smirking and went closer to him. He picked up the juice with ease, towering over the latter.

Ignoring the him, Chanyeol went on with the juice bottle.

"Excuse me? I got that drink first. That's mine." Hearing him, Chanyeol stopped and turned back.

"Then you should have taken it. I took it first so...it's mine~" He said shrugging, shaking the bottle. Chanyeol smirked mocking.

Chanyeol could see the guy's expression becoming more annoyed.

"What? You took it first? Yah... shouldn't you have some basic manners. What makes you think that it's yours?" The guys said stepping closer, glaring at the taller.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

What? Yah?

"Yah? Then shouldn't you have the same manners too, when you are speaking to someone for the first time." Chanyeol scoffed, smiling down at him.

Somehow, Chanyeol started to feel more annoyed seeing him, and soon their word fight turned into a fist fight.

If the Store owner or Jongdae hadn't show up on time, They would have definitely broken each other's bones.

And that's how the feud between Chanyeol and Baekhyun started.


Chanyeol's POV

"I read the article! Are Kai and D.O alright??" Jongdae asked worried from the other side of the phone.

"Yeah...both are fine." I said reassuring. I could hear Jongdae's relieved breath.

"Thank god...How is Kyungsoo now?"

"He's at his parents house. I told him to take a few days break." Jongdae hummed in response.

"You? You didn't get hurt right? The article said their managers stopped that sasaeng fan." Jongdae asked once again worried.

"I am okay...just a little scratch. Baekhyun treated it so no worries." I said sitting on my couch.

"What? Baekhyun??" Jongdae quickly yelled shock.

Ah

"I-Its nothing! I Wanted to tell you something!" I said quickly trying to change the subject.

"I wanted to ask you if we can change the Jacket album shoot to next week?"

"Eyy ofcourse, they must have been in quite a shock. But next week is a  bit packed, so I'll fix a date later and tell you. I'll inform Baekhyun too. Okay?" Jongdae said chuckling at the end.

"Alright. Thanks.."

Suddenly I remembered what happened yesterday.

A lot has been on my mind since yesterday Morning.

Did I really misunderstand Baekhyun?

"And...one more thing. Remember when you told me that Baekhyun was a trouble Kid...right? What did he exactly do?"

"Baekhyun? Why...are you suddenly asking about him?" Jongdae asked suspecious.

"Just tell me!" I asked restless.

"Okay okay....Well, he was always making quite a trouble during middle school, but I won't say he was a bad kid. For some he was like a hero." Jongdae said chuckling at the end.

"...Hero?"

"Yeah...he used beat up a lot of kids who used to take money from others. Though what he did was a good thing, he got in a lot of trouble with the school." Jongdae sighed.

"Oh..."

So...I did misunderstand him...

Since Baekhyun was close with Jongdae, Chanyeol didn't really wanted ask about this at that time.

And mostly I wasn't exactly curious of him too. We both just started to hate each other's gut, and really didn't just get along well.

And Baekhyun too did tried to speak but I ignored him.

"Ughh..." I groaned leaning back on the couch.

"Boya..? What happened? You there?" I heard Jongdae calling through the phone.

"I'll call you later." I said quickly hanging up.

"What? Yah why did you-"

This is not what I expected....



Authors note:

Well....I am back with another chapter. Ha ha ha..😅

I had a terrible Writing block, and lost a lot of motivation...

I am not really satisfied with this Chapter 😞 but I really wanted to upload for you all..

Somehow I got my flow a little back, but I am still not sure when I might be able to update next. But I sure post soon!!😤

And The Comeback was ❤️😭. I literally love all the songs! And Paradise is just agswhsbsuwbsu!

When I saw Lay I almost cried🤧❤️ and I cried when I heard his voice in all the album songs!!

Ahem...

I guess thats enough of my fangirling....hehee✨

And click here for Good Luck~!
😉