CHAPTER-16

Hello Manager

Chanyeol's POV

I quickly sat up straight at the sound of my phone ringing. Looking around I realized I was at my home.

When did I fall asleep?

I grabbed my phone and checked the caller.

Dino face Calling...

"Hello?" I spoke my voice still a little groggy.

"Where are you?" Jongdae asked in a hurry.

"I told you I'm visiting my family.." I said stretching my arms.

"Oh right...Then I should call Baekhyun.."  Jongdae said sighing.

"Huh? But...he's here too.." I said yawning at the end.

"Oh okay...Wait- what??! Baekhyun is with you?!" Jongdae yelled shook.

Oh -!!

"I-I mean-" I suddenly started to stutter.

Jongdae Still doesn't know yet we sort of reconciled...

"I didn't know Baekhyun's hometown is Gwangju and - then we met at the station and-  mom came she wanted Baekhyun to stay but he didn't want then we convinced him and now so Baekhyun is staying at my house." I rambled on without taking a breath.

"You- Baek- What??!"  Jongdae yelled utterly confused.

"So you're telling me that Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun? Is staying at your house?" Jongdae asked trying to intake all the information at once.

"Yeah well... We met by coincidence at the station."

"Still that doesn't explain how you offered him to stay at your house? And he agreed?? And you guys didn't kill each other???"  By now I am sure Jongdae was losing his mind.

"Well, A lot of things happened..." I said shrugging.

I started liking Baekhyun...

"Anyway! Why did you call?" I asked trying to get away from the topic. If this conversation goes on, I was sure it might blabber everything to Jongdae.

"Well- Right. The concept photos are ready so we need D.O and Kai to go over the final results." Jongdae said sighing at the end.

"Well, Heechul sunbae said he'd take care of them for the next two days. You can contact him." I said checking my watch.

"Heechul Hyung? Okay, then I'll contact him." Jongdae said thinking.

"I'll inform him too. So don't worry!" I said sounding cheerful.

"I can't believe both of you took leave at the same time," Jongdae said a little annoyed. I can see him rolling his eyes.

"And still how did you two- Director Chen! There's a problem- I'll be right there!! Okay, then I'll speak later! Bye Yeol!" Jongdae quickly hung up.

I let out a huge breath I was holding.

I'll soon have to explain it to Jongdae...

Well, it will be quite surprising that two people who tried to grab each other's throat every time they met are staying this close...

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. It was almost 5:00 P.M.

I headed out and heard laughter from the living room. Entering the living room, I noticed Baekhyun playing with Byul sitting on the floor, and talking with Yoora.

What's she doing with him?

I mentally cursed seeing his sister has become closer to Baekhyun than I had.

Finally noticing me, Yoora let out a small smirk.

What is she planning?

I could feel my right eye twitch a little.

"Ah, Chanyeol! You finally woke up!" Yoora called out grinning wide. Baekhyun looked up noticing me...

"Yeah...Did you get some rest Baekhyun?" I asked Baekhyun completely ignoring my sister.

"Ah yeah..." Baekhyun nodded smiling.

He looked a lot fresher than he was in the morning.

"Baekhyun and I were just having a small chat here. He's a really fun person! I feel like I might have bored him..." Yoora interrupted the two, laughing cheerful.

"Ah No no, It was fun talking to you too." Baekhyun said returning the smile.

"I am happy to hear you enjoyed my presence..." Yoora giggled glancing at me.

I glared at my sister annoyed.

I quickly plopped himself between the two laughing along with them.

"Very funny..." I whispered annoyed to Yoora. Yoora simply shrugged smirking.

"Ah Byul, Why don't you play with uncle?" I tried Changing the subject opening my arms for the little guy.

Suddenly Byul started crying and started clinging to Baekhyun. I looked at Byul utterly surprised. Baekhyun got a little flustered and tried to calm the Baby.

Yoora Burst out laughing seeing Byul's and my reaction.

You little devil...Well, aren't you my sister's son...

"Oh, all of you are here! Chanyeol-ah can you go get some groceries for dinner." Mom asked tying on her apron.

"Ah Sure." I nodded standing up. I need to get out before my embarrassment gets worse.

"Ah Baekhyun do you wanna go with Chanyeol? I am sure it would have been boring just staying inside..." Yoora suggested calling Byul towards her.

Somehow I was great full to Yoora for her sudden wisdom.

Isn't she useful sometimes~

"Yeah, I'll show you around if you'd like," I said trying not to grin too wide.

"Sure why not?" Baekhyun said shrugging standing up.

Getting the list from his mother, Baekhyun and I headed out to the grocery store.

We both walked in silence. I noticed Baekhyun looking around the street. Somehow it looked like he was searching for something.

"I thought it was around somewhere..." Baekhyun mumbled looking around and pouted disappointed.

"What happened?"

"Oh...It's nothing..." Baekhyun simply glossed over it.

"Ah, that's the store right?" Baekhyun quickly asked pointing at the store ahead and walking towards it.

Hmm? What was he looking for?

"Yah Yoda! Aren't you coming?" Baekhyun asked turning around.

I rolled my eyes at the annoying nickname. "Coming, Smurf," I said sticking out my tongue.

"Real mature..." Now Baekhyun rolled his eyes chuckling. I quickly joined him and we headed to the store. Getting the vegetables we quickly paid and got out.

"Did we get everything?" Baekhyun asked lifting the bag.

"Just the meat and we're done," I said looking at the list in my free hand.

"We'll need to go the other way to reach there," I said pointing at the other path.

There's another store the way we came...but it wouldn't hurt to buy from another store taking a longer route!!

There's nothing wrong with that!

"Okay..." Baekhyun shrugged walking ahead.

Once again we walked in silence.

Jeez, why's it always awkward when it's just us??

"So...Do you usually stay at an Inn when you come?"

What the hell am I asking??

Of course, he'd stay at an inn! Or else why would he have agreed to stay with me??

"Uhh... Actually, I usually stay at my mother's house..." Baekhyun said awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"But my brother took the spare keys with him," Baekhyun said sounding a little annoyed at the end.

Wait-!

Did he just say he has a brother??

"You have a brother?" I asked a little surprised. Baekhyun suddenly stopped looking a little flustered.

"Baekhyun?" Baekhyun looked at me laughing awkwardly.

"Y-Yeah...My brother came here a few days earlier to visit our mom since was gonna be busy..."

Baekhyun said rubbing the back of his neck.

"We usually stay at our mother's house. Since we can't take care of it from Seoul we gave the spare keys to our neighbor. And my brother had the original. But when he came, He forgot the original and took the spare key when he went back." Baekhyun said annoyed rolling his eyes.

I chuckled at his cute whining.

"Well, I guess that's a good thing..." I said putting my hand into my pockets.

"What?"

Oh - I didn't mean to say it out loud!!

"I I I mean! That...It's a good thing!   Cause Cause...Byul met you! And he seems to like you! So yeah! That's what! Haha"

What the hell am I saying??

"Okay?" Baekhyun said a little weirded out.

"Oh! That's the store." I quickly pointed to the store and headed forward.

Why do I embarrass myself so much??!

We quickly bought the meat and left the store.

"Oh! It's here!" Baekhyun suddenly exclaimed pointing at the park nearby.

"I used to come here and play when I came to see grandparents..." Baekhyun said smiling looking around the park.

I suddenly stopped in my tracks.

I looked around the familiar park. The same park I met Kyoong.

Baekhyun quickly sat on the swing, swinging back and forth. I slowly sat on the swing beside him.

"My house is three blocks away from here...I used to play here a lot." Baekhyun said smiling.

I could feel my heart beating like crazy. My expectations of Baekhyun being Kyoong just increased.

"I even made a friend here the last time I came..." Baekhyun said thinking a little.

Hah...?

"He was smaller than me but really cute. I even fought some bullies for him." Baekhyun said chuckling at the end.

"R-Really? Seems like you were a gangster since you were young."  I said teasing him trying not to show my nervousness. Baekhyun glared at me and threw a punch on my arms.

"Ah! Yah!" I winced in pain glaring back at him. But he simply ended up laughing.

It sounds really sweet...

"I did get in trouble with my brother...if he wasn't there I would have gotten beaten to a pulp too..." Baekhyun said looking far ahead.

I quickly tightened my grip on the swing chain. As Baekhyun spoke, everything he said was pointing towards one thing...

"Do you remember that boy's name? Maybe I would have known him."

"I do remember... even though I met him when I was seven, he was a good memory. I am not sure if he remembers me though..." Baekhyun said pouting.

He'd definitely remember you...

"It was an odd name...Since He didn't actually tell me his real name though...Loey! Do you know anyone called Loey?" Baekhyun asked looking at me a little hopeful.

I froze in the spot.

Loey...?

Loey..!

LOEYYY!!

"Hello? Yah! Do you know him?" Baekhyun asked again.

"No...I don't know him..."

My heart was racing like a rollercoaster. I almost couldn't hear what Baekhyun was saying.

"Ah...What a bummer... I thought I could see him again..."

Somehow I felt like I shouldn't tell him about me now...

I'll definitely tell you when I am ready...

"We should get going. Your mother must be waiting." Baekhyun glanced at his watch.

"Y-Yeah! We Should get going." I quickly stood up and walked ahead. I could feel my neck burning.

Baekhyun is Kyoong. My first Crush. My First Love...

Is this is a dream...????

 



 

 

Author's Note

Hahaha...ha..ha...

I have no words...

So I suddenly went into a writer's block and I just couldn't write....

Like I know what to write....but I just can't...ughh it was really frustrating!!

I know it's short, but since they're so many scenes I want to bring into the story, I am literally all over the place.

I'll update the next Chap soon and it's gonna be quite long😂

And Thankyou to everyone who subscribed, Commented and UpVoted...As I always say You guys are the best~!

And I am really sorry for not updating much...🤧♥️