CHAPTER-18

Hello Manager

Author's POV

"All the participants belonging to Group A please move towards the Red Area and participants belonging to Group B, please move to the Blue Area!!" Heechul called out checking the list in his hands.

Heechul looked around to see find someone to help him clear the crowd. Since today is the last day for the final auditions, everything was starting to get hectic.

"Chanyeol! Here!" Heechul called out seeing the taller go through the lists. Snapping his head towards the voice, Chanyeol rushed towards his sunbae.

"Yes, Hyung?"

"Can you take group B to the Blue Area, I am gonna lead Group A," Heechul said quickly handing the Blue flag. Chanyeol nodded and quickly started gathering the participants. He looked through the list and saw there were about 25 participants.

"Everyone belonging to Group B, please follow me!!" Chanyeol shouted catching the attention of the participants. Since Chanyeol had a bold voice, it become sort of a regular job for Chanyeol to manage crowds other than managing Kyungsoo.

"Alright, everyone!" Chanyeol said clapping gaining everyone's attention. "Please take your seats according to your number and we'll call you one by one when it's your turn," Chanyeol said smiling. He noticed everyone looking nervous.

"Don't be too nervous, Just try your best and have fun. There's nothing to the scared here. Alright?" Chanyeol said reassuringly trying to cheer up the contestants. Everyone said a chorus Yes keeping up their spirits.

Looking at the list Chanyeol came across a familiar name.

Kang Tae Hyun?

"Where did I hear this name?" Chanyeol mumbled to himself staring at the name.

"What are you looking at?" Chanyeol jumped up at the sudden voice.

"Aishh! You scared me!" Chanyeol said glaring at the shorter keeping his hands over his heart.

"Pft-! I didn't know you're the type to get scared so easily." Baekhyun snickered at Chanyeol.

It's been two days since their Hometown trip, and Chanyeol felt they've gotten a little closer than before. And after knowing that Baekhyun is Kyoong, Chanyeol was even more elated.

Baekhyun too somehow started feeling different when he was around Chanyeol. It was different but a little familiar at the same time.

"Whatever..." Chanyeol rolled his eyes annoyed. "So are these the list of the finalists?" Baekhyun asked glancing at the list in Chanyeol's hand.

"Yeah...there are a lot of finalists this time. It's gonna be quite tough to select." Chanyeol said smiling looking around. Baekhyun nodded agreeing.

"Oh!" Chanyeol suddenly exclaimed pointing at one of the participants.

"Isn't that the same kid we saw near your house?" Chanyeol asked looking at the boy tuning his guitar.

"Who? Ah...Kang Tae Hyun? Yeah...He passed the first round auditions." Baekhyun said proudly looking at him. Chanyeol now realized how that name felt familiar.

"He must be really good," Chanyeol said impressed.

"Of course! I have a great eye for talent. I know when I see a person with a good personality." Baekhyun said shrugging proud. "Unlike someone..." Baekhyun said mumbling the last part.

Baekhyun was still a Little mad that Chanyeol had assumed Baekhyun was a bully.

"Huh?" Chanyeol asked not catching the last part. "Nothing." Baekhyun glossed over it walking towards TaeHyun. Chanyeol looked at him confused.

"Hey Kid. Are you ready?" Baekhyun asked the younger surprising him.

"Ah H-Hyung...Anyeonghaseyo!" TaeHyun quickly stood up greeting the manager anxious.

"Hey hey it's alright. No need to be so nervous." Baekhyun said chuckling. Chanyeol walked up behind and greeted the younger.

"Hey Kid.." Chanyeol greeted smiling. TaeHyun looked at him a little surprised.

"Omo...You also work here?" TaeHyun asked widening his eyes. Chanyeol nodded chuckling. Chanyeol realized he didn't tell him he worked here too.

"Do well! I really hope you get into JM." Baekhyun said ruffling the younger's hair. TaeHyun felt his ears getting hot.

He looked at Baekhyun with determined eyes. "Yes Hyung!"

Suddenly Chanyeol felt a little weird looking at TaeHyun. Why am I suddenly annoyed...

Baekhyun suddenly felt a buzz in his pocket. "Oh, I got a take this call. All the best kid." Baekhyun said winking showing a thumbs up.

Both of them stared at the disappearing figure of Baekhyun. Chanyeol noticed how TaeHyun looked at Baekhyun a little too obvious.

And he didn't like it...

"So, You've prepared your own song?" Chanyeol asked looking at the paper as he didn't have any bgm for his performance in the list.

"Ah yes...I love writing songs. So I wanted to show that as my strength." TaeHyun said smiling wide. Suddenly Chanyeol felt like he was blinded by Taehyun's smile.

Chanyeol had a hunch he might be a future Star.

Chanyeol wished him all the best and went to check if all the participants were here.

"Ok everyone! The Final Selections will start in 30 minutes!" Chanyeol informed and started counting. He then noticed one was missing. He quickly crossed checked the names to see who was missing.

"Son Seung wan?" Chanyeol called out looking around. But Chanyeol couldn't find anyone.

"Here!" Chanyeol turned towards the sudden voice behind him. He turned to see a young girl breathing heavy, having her hands on her knees.

Did she run here? 

"Oh!... Are you alright?" Chanyeol asked a little worried. "Y-Yes!" The girl said trying to catch her breath. She quickly looked around and let out a relieved breath.

"Here have some water first." Chanyeol grabbed a bottle from the table nearby. She quickly drank it calming herself.

"I am sorry, it was a little hard to get here..." The girl apologized smiling.

"It's alright. Have you got your number?" Chanyeol asked as he put a checkmark beside her name. She shook her head a little nervous clutching her scarf around her neck.

"It's alright. Just a moment." Chanyeol pulled out one of the stickers and wrote down her number on it.

"Chanyeol!" Chanyeol quickly turned back towards his favorite voice.

"Yeah Baekhyun?"

"Did you see Jongin anywhere? He was supposed to be here for the selection..." Baekhyun mumbled looking at his phone.

"Ah he's with Kyungsoo, they said they'll come in 10 minutes." Baekhyun let out a relieved breath.  

"Ah and Miss Seung wan, here is you num...ber...what are you doing?" Chanyeol asked, slightly baffled, seeing her now covering her face with her scarf.

"Seung wan?" Baekhyun asked a little suspicious.

"It's nothing! Thank you!" She quickly bowed and grabbed the sticker from Chanyeol. A little confused why she changed her voice.

"Yah! Stop right there!" Baekhyun quickly called out stopping the girl. Chanyeol looked back and forth between the two.

"Can you please remove the scarf Miss?" Baekhyun asked smiling biting his teeth. The girl slowly turned removed her scarf, giving a cheeky smile to Baekhyun.

"Wendy??" Baekhyun glared surprised seeing his sister stand in front of him.

"Annyeong...Oppa." Wendy said waving her hands in tiny.

"You-!"

"You two know each other?" Chanyeol asked a little curious, Seeing how Baekhyun was acting.

"Y-Yes...She's my friend's sister...Just a moment Chanyeol. And You. Follow me." Baekhyun whispered the last part to Wendy walking ahead. She gave a short bow to Chanyeol and followed Baekhyun. 

"What just happened?" Chanyeol asked to no one in particular.

After checking no one was nearby Baekhyun glared at his sister, Folding his arms. Wendy let out an awkward laugh.

"H-How are you Hyun Oppa?" 

"How am I?? What are you doing here??" Baekhyun asked unbelievably. 

"Well...I am here for the auditions..." Wendy said looking away from Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Does Beom Hyung know?" Baekhyun asked placing his hands on his hips. Wendy shook her head looking down.

"Your mother? or the Chairman?" 

"Of course not!! Father and mom would never allow me to do this!"  Wendy said flustered shaking her head.

"Seriously what were you thinking?" Baekhyun groaned running his hands through his hair. 

It's not that Baekhyun doesn't support her. But it's a whole different story when she is the daughter of the BBL chairman. 

"I know you are not happy...but I really want to try this..." Wendy said determined, her eyes filled with passion. Baekhyun sighed placing his hands over her shoulder.

"Yah...It's not that I don't support you...If you've come till the final auditions, I can see how talented you are." Baekhyun said smiling giving her a slight squeeze on her shoulder. "But you know it's gonna be hard right? If the chairman knows it's going to be a hella mess..." Wendy looked down pouting.

And since it's her 16th birthday in two days, The Chairman will most likely soon introduce Wendy to the world too. 

"But When you have a dream...I can't really stop that..." Baekhyun said smiling letting out a long breath.

"Then You are not mad at me...?" Wendy looked up widening her eyes.

"Of course not. Well maybe a little mad that you didn't even tell me!" Baekhyun said rolling his eyes

Baekhyun doesn't care what the old man thinks of him, but it's different with Wendy. She's just a kid and he didn't want her to go through what he went. But if there's something he can do to make her happy...He wouldn't miss that. Wendy and Beom are the only two people he has as family. 

"Then you don't mind me auditioning?" Wendy asked smiling brightly "Yeah Yeah...try not to get eliminated." Baekhyun said chuckling  ruffling her hair. 

"Heyy don't mess my hair..." Wendy said pouting. "And don't worry I got some great advice from Jongin Oppa!" Wendy said winking. Realizing what she said, she quickly closed .

"Jongin...knew?" Baekhyun asked him an octave lower, his eye twitching. 

"Anyway thank you Oppa!" Wendy giggled giving a quick hug to Baekhyun, and running away towards the waiting area.

Jongin and CEO Suho were the only two in the company who knew about Baekhyun's family. Jongin saw Wendy when she had stayed over at Baekhyun's house since both of her parents were out on a business trip.

Usually, she'd stay at Baek Beom's house but since she missed Baekhyun she stayed with him.

Baekhyun knew it was no use in hiding this from Jongin since Jongin was very close to calling cops on Baekhyun for having an underage kid in his house. After explaining his complicated family, somehow both of them became close.

"Oh Hyung here you are! The new drinks in the café are so good. I can't believe they did so much...What happened..?" Jongin asked a little scared looking at his manager. 

"You knew," Baekhyun said smiling, Clearly not meaning it.

"Knew...what?" Jongin asked taking a step back sensing a real danger.

"Haha... Don't act kid...Wendy just told me everything..." Baekhyun laughed his hands.

"Ha...ha...Hyung...i-its just she- wanted to keep it as an s-surprise..!!" Jongin said flustered moving back.

"You are dead Gucci Bear," Baekhyun said an octave lower chasing Idol. Jongin started running for his life.

Just when Baekhyun was about to reach him, Jongin quickly hid behind Chanyeol, holding on to him for his dear life.

"Chanyeol Hyung!! Save Mee!!"

"Wh-Whoa! Wait- What happened?" Chanyeol asked confused seeing a very mad manager in front of him.

"Baekhyun is trying to kill me! Please save me!" Jongin cried clutching onto Chanyeol. Somehow Chanyeol felt Jongin was trying to kill him.

"Oh, Jongin...how could I ever do that? Come on I just wanna talk..." Baekhyun said smiling sweet, Jongin gulped clearly knowing what he means by talking.

"Okay I need you to calm down. We are gonna start the auditions soon. So why don't we talk about...whatever happened then." Chanyeol said slowly trying to calm the manager.

Baekhyun looked a little reluctant, but he knew it was already getting late.

"You better watch your back," Baekhyun said glaring.

"Thanks, Hyungs!" Jongin quickly escaped running towards Kyungsoo who was with the staffs.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. "You okay?" Chanyeol asked worriedly.

Baekhyun quickly looked up smiling. "Yeah, I am okay. Don't worry."

Chanyeol wasn't convinced. Seeing Baekhyun so out of it made Chanyeol uneasy.

"We should get started, Good luck," Baekhyun said quickly and went to the other side before Chanyeol could respond.

"He seems weird after Meeting that girl..." Chanyeol mumbled as looked at Son Seung wan.

"But he called her something else..."

"Good Evening guys! I am Kai, I know everyone is tense, Believe me, I've been there too." Kai said chuckling making the atmosphere less tense.

"And don't feel so stressed, just have fun and show your best." Kyungsoo too said cheering up the participants.

Soon the auditions were over and everyone started to clear out. Chanyeol finally relaxed after everything was over. Stretching his arms, let out a relieved breath.

"Good work today." Chanyeol jumped up at the sudden voice. Baekhyun stood beside trying not to laugh at the taller's reaction.

"Y-Yeah...You too." Chanyeol said quickly standing straight.

"We're all going for staff dinner. Are you going to join us?" Baekhyun asked stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah, I am coming! Since I need to make sure someone doesn't get drunk and -Oww!!" Baekhyun kicked the taller's shin before he could finish his sentence. Chanyeol sent a quick glare to which Baekhyun simply stuck his tongue out.

"Oh you guys are here! Here! Good work today!" Heechul quickly came over and handed the managers some Coffee.

"Thanks, Hyung." Both of them said together.

"Ohh... Nowadays you two are getting along really well. I am quite surprised." Heechul said sounding very amused.

Baekhyun quickly drank his drink and Chanyeol almost choked on his. Both the managers let out an awkward laugh.

"Anyway! I'll see you two at the restaurant." Heechul quickly bid and rushed to meet the others.

"T-Then...I am gonna meet with Kyungsoo." Chanyeol said quickly and rushed to the other side.

Baekhyun knew their relationship was not like before. And after knowing about Yoora and Loey, Baekhyun was more confused.

Whenever he sees Chanyeol, a sudden feeling comes in his stomach he can't understand.

And it wasn't just after their trip, even before, when Chanyeol got hurt from the sasaeng Baekhyun's heart felt heavy, and he when found out how many times he has helped him.

Even when he met Chanyeol the first time at the Store. These feelings were the same.

No way....did I...start to li-..

Baekhyun's train of thought was stopped by a sudden call.

Secretary Lee Calling...

Secretary Lee? Did he...get to know about Wendy's auditions??"

Baekhyun was confused as to why the BBL Chairman's secretary is calling him so suddenly.

Clearing his throat he attended the call.

"Hello?"

"Ah Master Baekhyun...How have you been?" Baekhyun cringed a little at the title.

"Please, Secretary Kim...I told you, you don't need to call me that...Just Baekhyun will do." Baekhyun said softly.

"Still you are my Master. And I have promised your mother I'd always be at your service." Baekhyun could feel the sincerity behind those words.

Secretary Kim Won Hae was one of the very few people Baekhyun considered as family and trusts the most. He was one of the loyal staff of Baekhyun's Mother.

He used to work as Baekhyun's Mother's Personal Assistant when she was the director of BBL.

"Still, I wouldn't mind you calling me just Baekhyun," Baekhyun said chuckling at the end.

It's because of Secretary Kim, Baekhyun stays at his current apartment. When Baekhyun was almost kicked out after his coming out, Secretary Kim was the one who brought to light about Baekhyun's share of the company from his mother.

Since Beom was young, he didn't have much power but Secretary Kim helped Baekhyun and Beom a lot. Baekhyun still feels as if there is so much he doesn't know about the secrets his father holds.

"Anyway, What is it, secretary Kim?" Baekhyun asked a little curious.

"Ah yes! As you know,  It's our Lady Wendy's Birthday in two days. And Chairman Byun has decided to have a family dinner party tomorrow." Secretary Kim said a little nervous at the end.

"Oh...I guess he doesn't want me to come. Well isn't that obvious." Baekhyun said scoffing at the end.

"Uhh...it's not that Young Master...The Chairman...would like you to attend the dinner too."

Huh?

He wants...me...to attend?

"What?" Baekhyun asked scoffing unbelievable. There's no way he'd simply just call me.

"Just tell him I am not interested..."

"Master Baekhyun-"

"There's nothing good going to come with me coming there, Secretary Kim," Baekhyun said stopping the older, taking a sharp breath. "I have no intention of ruining Wendy's day."

"But Master Baek- Secretary Kim. Give me the phone- Huh? Ch-Chairman! - Byun Baekhyun"

Baekhyun froze at the sudden voice. The familiar voice still had the same hostility as before.

"Yes...Chairman." Baekhyun said his voice low. He tried not to show his annoyance.

"You are coming to tomorrow's Dinner. And that's final."  The chairman quickly hung up the phone not giving a chance for Baekhyun to speak. Baekhyun clutched his phone annoyed, controlling his urge to shatter his phone. 

It's been about a year since Baekhyun last saw his father. And it wasn't such a great meeting either. Baekhyun knew even if he refused to go tomorrow, His father would bring him there against his wishes. That's just how influential is Chairman Byun Byeong Ho. 

But Baekhyun knew Baek Beom was working in BBL was to protect what their mother had created. When their mother died, Beom had felt a huge responsibility to protect the company. Secretary Kim was a huge help for Beom when he needed it. 

"Hyung...?" Baekhyun turned back to the familiar voice. Jongin stood about 3 meters away, smiling nervously. "Look before you get mad! I only wanted to help Wendy! And She asked me to keep the secret!! So please just forgive this once!" Jongin pleaded to clasp his hands together. Baekhyun sighed and walked closer to the idol. 

Baekhyun flicked on the idol's forehead, making Jongin groan in pain. "Geez, I am seriously surrounded by Kids," Baekhyun mumbled rolling his eyes. Jongin grinned noticing Baekhyun was not mad anymore.

"Sorry Hyung," Jongin said once more showing his baby bear eyes. "Come on Hyung! You must be hungry." Jongin said smiling dragging the Manager towards the parking lot.



AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys~!!

So we finally met Wendy~!!! and we also got some other characters from our previous encounters too...Hehe

I am now sort of going into my main plot now...Seriously with my original draft plot...this was supposed to be my 10th chap....but well...Here we are!!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~!! I know there are some plot holes here and there. And Baekhyun's past is still not sort of clear. So I hope you guys understand a little...and I am sure the next chap is gonna be quite interesting...

Thanks to Everyone who subscribed, Commented, and UpVoted~!! It really means a lot~!!

And here are some Intro to our new Characters~!!

So ready for it', Red velvet Wendy's cute pose before Music bank rehearsal  | Korea Dispatch

 SON SEUNG WAN/ WENDY

Baekhyun's Step Sister

AGE : 16

Kang Taehyun | Wiki | TXT (투모로우바이투게더) Amino

KANG TAE HYUN

AGE : 17

ti]heart[/ti]Kim Won-Hae Versatile Character Actor (Do Bong Soon) |  Merry-Go-Round

KIM WON HAE

Chairman Byun Scretary

AGE : 50