CHAPTER-5

Hello Manager

AUTHOR POV

"Yah fatty!! Why are you playing here?? Can't you see this is our place?" Chanyeol looked up to see few kids looking down at him. Somehow he felt they looked a lot bigger than him.

He looked around to see he was Lying on the playground, arms bruised, but he didn't feel much pain. He looked at his arms which were quite chubby. It's like how it was when he was 8 years old.

"What are you looking at huh??" One boy the boy said kicking and laughing at him

"B-Biyane..." He could hear his voice come out in a tiny voice. All the kids started laughing and mocking him.

"Pigs like you should only play in farms and zoo~" another one said throwing his chocolate wrapper on him. Scared he pulled himself into a ball.

He couldn't even talk back. He could feel tears rolling down my cheeks.

It was always like this. No one ever liked me cause of my appearance. And always bullied me for eating. Chanyeol thought gripping his shirt.

"Yah!! What are you doing to him?" Chanyeol heard a voice behind him. He looked back to see a boy, maybe around his age glaring at the bullies. He quickly rushed beside Chanyeol's side.

"Are you alright?" HE looked at Chanyeol, eyes worried. He helped Chanyeol to stand up and stood before him. He looked a bit taller than Chanyeol. But still they were shorter than them.

"Who is this little brat talking down on us?" One of the bully said annoyed.

"Brat? Isn't it not you?" The boy said folding his arms glaring. "Aren't you ashamed to bully someone younger than you?"

"Whoa...Yah! Do you have a death wish?" Another bully scoffed raising his hands.

"If you even touch a hair of mine, you guys will pay a lot." The boy took a step forward bold. Chanyeol could feel them getting a bit intimidated.

But Chanyeol felt this boy might get into trouble because of him. "You go from here...or else... they'll hurt you too..." Chanyeol said in a weak voice. The boy turned towards him and smiled. He quickly held Chanyeol's hand and turned towards them.

"See you should listen to your friend, or else you might get in trouble too."

"Who said you can mess with my brother?" Chanyeol heard another bold voice behind him. He turned to see an older boy standing behind them.

Maybe a highschool student?

"Hyung!!" The boy called out smiling. The older one smiled ruffling their hairs.

His brother?

"L-lets just go." One of the bully said scared seeing the boy's brother. "Aish.." quickly all the guys ran away from there.

"Hey kid...You okay?" The older boy asked Chanyeol crouching down to his eye level. He gave a small nod looking down.

"Yah and you! Didn't I say not to run around like this? You are only getting in trouble." The brother said exhausted to the boy. The boy just giggled and looked at Chanyeol.

"You two stay here I'll go get something to eat." The older boy said smiling. "Yes Hyung!!" The boy chirped and Chanyeol gave a small nod.

After he left, the two were left alone

His face quickly became worried when he took a closer look at Chanyeol's face. "Looks like you got hurt..." The boy pouted touching his cheeks. "Ah wait!!" The boy turned and started rummaging through his pockets and pulled out a pickachu bandaid and put it on Chanyeol's cheeks. He smiled proud and giggled.

"Ah and one more, my mom said this will make pain go away too!" He suddenly came close and gave a small peck on his cheeks, over the bandaid. Chanyeol could feel his cheeks and ears get hot.

"See the pain will go away now!" The boy chirped.

"G-Guamo..." Chanyeol said softly, looking down. He couldn't meet his eyes.

"Hehe, Don't need to thank me. But should start standing up for yourself!" The said folding his arms, frowning a little. Which actually looked sorta cute. Chanyeol looked at him confused.

"If you let them to continue bully you, they'll always do it. If you stand up once against them! They'll never come again. Only when they see you weak, they'll hurt you..."

What he said wasn't a big thing, but still it made Chanyeol have a little confident in himself.

"My mom always tells me being brave is not about not having fear, but being brave even though you are scared." The boy said smiling. Chanyeol nodded wiping his tears.

"Now promise me!" He showed his pinky and Chanyeol linked with it and sealed it. Both started laughing.

"What's your name?" The boy asked cocking his head to the right. "Loey..." I said in small voice. "I am kyoong!"

*Tiing* *Tiing* *Tiing*

Chanyeol suddenly woke up from his alarm. Chanyeol sluggishly sat up and grabbed his phone to off the alarm.

What a vivid dream.

It's been a long time since I had a dream of those times...

Chanyeol smiled at the thought of that little boy. Though he met him just once, no one had ever said those words to him.

After his Dad went away, Chanyeol was main topic for gossips among his friends. His sister was ill, and his mother became a working single mom with two kids.

Seeing his family working hard, he couldn't dare himself to tell them about his problems. Chanyeol felt he saw the cruel real world a little too early.

The boy was the reason Chanyeol started to change himself and become more confident.

I wonder how he is now...

Chanyeol chuckled at the thought of the boy kissing his bruise. He carresed his cheek where the bruise was. Even though they were just eight, Chanyeol realised he was his first crush.

Love at first sight.

Kiss...

Suddenly the memories of last night, Baekhyun kissing flashed in Chanyeol's head. Unconsciously he touched his lips remembering its softness. Suddenly he felt his heart beating a little too fast for his sake.

Chanyeol quickly slapped himself to come back to reality. He looked at his chest confused.

"Yah...Why are you beating so fast think about him??" Chanyeol yelled at squeezing his chest.

"Haha...It's definitely not beating because of that jerk, I-I Thought about that boy!! Yes yes! It's because of him." Chanyeol laughed trying to calm himself.

The sudden ring of Chanyeol's phone startled him breaking his thoughts. He quickly picked it up noticing the caller.

"Ah Lay Hyung!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo arrived at Entertainment and went to their meeting room.

As they entered Chanyeol was quite shocked to see Baekhyun at the meeting. Chanyeol noticed Jongdae was sitting at the table too.

Chanyeol kept on staring at Baekhyun without realising. Just when Baekhyun turned towards him, their eyes met, but Chanyeol quickly looked away, feeling a little guilty.

Wait- Why am I feeling guilty?? He's the one who kissed me?!

Yeah...but you didn't push him away even when you knew he was drunk.

 

But it's not my fault!!- wait who was that?

 

I am your conscious...

 

What the hell!

"Chanyeol what are you doing?" Kyungsoo called the taller who suddenly started spacing out.

"Alright then! I guess everyone is here!  Then Everyone please take your seat." Suho said clapping his hands.

Coming back to reality, Chanyeol quickly sat beside Kyungsoo. Chanyeol was once again quite shook that they'll be working together from now on.

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun to see if he had any reaction.

Does he remember anything?

Well if he did...I am sure he would have started another war...

Chanyeol realised he was staring too much at him. He quickly went back to his notes.

God...what's wrong with me??!

Chanyeol internally screamed frustrated. Soon after the meeting, Chanyeol said to Kyungsoo he'll be waiting at the car.

This is gonna be a tough project.

"Yah Chanyeol....this is so not you.." Chanyeol groaned hitting his head on the steering wheel.
.

 

.
.
.
.
Three week Later

For successful two weeks, Chanyeol somehow avoided staying near Baekhyun. And since it was Kai's comeback now, He was glad he didn't need to Meet up with Baekhyun much.

But since Kai needed to start working on the Duo Album and the movie, the promotions were wrapped within two weeks.

So for the past week, Chanyeol had to meet up with Baekhyun a lot more. And Baekhyun felt it was really odd in how Chanyeol was acting around him.

Sure they don't like eachother, but they never avoided eachother, usually they just glare at eachother then ignore. But nowadays Chanyeol quickly just avoids his eyes and slips away.

Almost like he wanted to hide something. Baekhyun felt something was really fishy, and was quite offended.

He wanted to thank Chanyeol for helping him the other day (After Jongin's constant nagging) but everytime Baekhyun tried to speak, Chanyeol just ignores him or excuses to attend a call, just like how it was in their highschool.

"Yeah I am staying home today..." Baekhyun spoke to Jongdae through his phone, fixing his T-shirt.

"Ooh then wanna meet up?" Jongdae asked excited.

"I wish...I still have some paper works to do..." Baekhyun sighed picking up his wallet, and staring at the piles of paper on the table.

"Ughh...God you are more workaholic than me. You are no fun..." Jongdae said frustrated.

"Yah...then why are you calling me? Atleast go and find a boyfriend." Baekhyun said rolling his eyes.

"You think it's easy? You know my standards, it's very high." Jongdae said proud. Baekhyun snorted at his reply. "Yah!" Jongdae yelled annoyed.

"Yeah yeah...Do you want me to introduce someone to you then?" Baekhyun asked chuckling.

"….Who?" Jongdae asked interested.

"You know Oh Sehun right, I heard he's single..." Baekhyun said thinking.

"Who? The dance instructor...hmm...Well he does look very handsome...but...He's not my style..." Jongdae said bored. Baekhyun rolled his eyes once again.

"Then you find your true love yourself." Baekhyun spat back. He glanced at his watch and it was almost 10:00 P.M.

"Yah- why do always get-"

"I'll take to you later, I'm gonna go get some caffeine. Bye" Baekhyun hung the call before Jongdae could speak.

"Yah-!"

Baekhyun headed to the nearby cafe down the street.

"I'll have one Iced Americano." I ordered at the counter and paid.

"One Ice Mocha please." Baekhyun quickly turned his towards the annoyingly familiar voice. He looked beside him to see Chanyeol standing, looking at Baekhyun shooked.

"Boya...what the hell are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked surprised.

"I should be the one asking that! I live nearby. What are you doing here?" Baekhyun said rolling his eyes.

"I wouldn't have even stepped in this street if I knew you were staying here." Chanyeol scoffed stuffing his hands into his long coat. Baekhyun clicked his tongue annoyed.

"I came to drop off Kyungsoo at Jongin's house. I didn't know you lived close by." Chanyeol said exasperated.

"Jongin's? Oh yeah..." Baekhyun face palmed remembering Jongin mentioning it.

"One Iced Americano and Mocha is here!" Both looked at the counter seeing their orders ready. Quickly picking theirs up, both headed outside.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, who was sipping his drink. Somehow Baekhyun felt there was something weird about Chanyeol nowadays...

"Yah Yoda..." Baekhyun called stopping the taller. Chanyeol turned annoyed. He felt it was no use correcting him.

"What?" Chanyeol asked annoyed.

"That night...On Movie script dinner..." Baekhyun spoke taking a step closer. Chanyeol froze in his spot at the mention of that night. Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol getting a bit stiff.

"That night... Something happened right?" Baekhyun asked coming even closer, looking straight at Chanyeol's eye. 

"I d-don't understand what you are saying..." Chanyeol gulped looking away. Once again the weird heart beats started to occur.

"Ohh you are looking away...That means your lying! Something happened after I passed out right?" Baekhyun asked pointing his finger at him.

"No. Nothing happened." Chanyeol said firmly pushing Baekhyun away from him.

"Then why have you been avoiding me? As if you have something to hide from me?" Baekhyun asked raising his eyebrow, sipping his drink.

"I-I am not a-avoiding you! Why would I avoid you??" Chanyeol rambled quick, taking a sip from his drink.

"Well-" Baekhyun was suddenly interrupted by the ring of his phone. Chanyeol let out a releived breath.  Baekhyun quickly pulled out his phone and noticed the caller.

Kimkai Calling...

"Jongin?" Chanyeol looked at him hearing Jongin's name.

"Yeah Jongin-"

"H-Hyung!!" Baekhyun was startled at Jongin's panic whisper voice.

"Wae-Wae What happened??" Baekhyun asked confused.

"Someone just broke into my apartment!" Jongin whisper yelled panicked

"W-wait!! Someone broke in??!" Baekhyun asked confused and shook.

"What??" Chanyeol spat the drink in his mouth. "Speaker " Chanyeol told quick, and Baekhyun put the phone on speaker.

"Are you hurt anywhere? What about Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asked trying to calm himself.

"Chanyeol hyung? W-we are okay...we are hiding in my closet I-I locked it in b-but She is holding a knife..." Jongin said whispering, Baekhyun could hear Jongin's terrified breath.

"Jongin-ah C-Calm down..." I could hear quivering Kyungsoo's voice in the background.

Wait-she?

No way...

"Sasaeng Fan." Chanyeol and Baekhyun said at once looking at eachother.

"Kai Oppa...where are you? I just want to talk to you... Don't you love me?" Both could here a faint voice in the background.

"Oppa...are you here?" Baekhyun heard a sudden bang through the speaker which sent a chill down his spine.

"You don't worry we'll call the cops and head there immediately. Just- Just stay there k? Keep them locked!" Baekhyun said taking a deep breath

"O-okay."

Chanyeol quickly called the cops and both headed towards Jongin's apartment.

Jongin...Kyungsoo...please stay safe.



AUTHOR NOTE

HELLO MY DEAR HOOMANS~!!

And yet another Chapter. So we got a little flashback from our Channie...I wonder who the little kid is😌😏😝 (Me shameless)

And Jongin😭 Who would dare try to attack our little bear?!

.

.

Ahem..well and..

Thanks to all those wonderful human being who Upvoted, Subscribed, Commented and those who are reading this story...I never thought anyone would ever read  what I write, but Seeing your response makes me so happy ❤️🥺.

 

Stay safe~

Luv yall~