CHAPTER-22

Hello Manager

AUTHOR'S POV

"Soo-Hyung...What are you staring at?" Jongin asked confused, seeing Kyungsoo frowning and looking far away. All the staffs were waiting for the sunset for the shot.

"Our Managers..." Kyungsoo said as he folded his arms and leaned against the wall.

"Our managers?"  Jongin asked looking at the managers who were speaking with the director. "Why?"

"They've been acting weird..." Kyungsoo said turning towards the younger. Thinking for a while, Jongin also had the same thought. 

"Now you say it...They are not talking again just as before. Do you think they fought again?" Jongin asked worriedly. Kyungsoo sighed shaking his head. "Well, they always fight...But I guess this time its sort of a big mess...And here I thought they were getting along well." Kyungsoo said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Don't worry Soo, I'm sure they'll get back to their bickering selves in no time." Jongin smiled trying to cheer Kyungsoo. 

"I really hope so...Chanyeol has also been too off-minded lately. He started to space a lot, missed directions while driving, and even got our drinks wrong." Kyungsoo said a little exasperated.

Jongin sort of related to Kyungsoo. It's been about 3 days since Wendy's Birthday. But after Baekhyun returned, he's been quite odd. Kai thought maybe his family meeting didn't go well.

Jongin didn't pry much into Baekhyun's family matters since he knew his relationship with his family is not that great.

It was pretty obvious when Baekhyun practically hid his whole identity. But now seeing both the managers, Jongin feels like something more happened that day.

Did they somehow meet each other that day...?

Eyy how could there be such a coincidence...

"D.O-ssi! Kai-ssi! We are ready to take the next scene." The assistant called grabbing the attention of the idols. Shaking his head Jongin headed toward the source of the voice.

Both of them said in a chorus 'Yes' heading towards the assistant.

"And Hyung, About today's scene-" Before Jongin could speak a familiar voice interrupted them.

"Ah, Jongin Oppa! Kyungsoo oppa! Here you guys are!" Moon Gayoung, the lead actress called them out excited.

"Hey, Gayoung-ah! It's been a while." Jongin said smiling. "Hey, Gayoung-ah..." Kyungsoo too greeted softly.

"Kyungsoo- yah! Can you come over a bit?" Kyungsoo turned back to Chanyeol calling him. 

"I'll be right back..." Kyungsoo excused himself. Jongin and Gayoung nodded in understanding.

"Were you practicing the lines?" Jongin asked noticing the papers in Gayoungs hand.

"Yes.." Gayoung said chuckling nervously. "Since the director said this scene should be one of the scene-stealer moments and we haven't had many romantic scenes too, I am sort of nervous..."

Jongin understood Gayoung's nervousness, Since this is a complete rom-com, there weren't any kiss scenes, or were interrupted for comedic relief. But Since they were about to shoot scenes almost close to the of the movie, the director wanted to have the Scene for the viewer's satisfaction.

"Don't worry much Gayoung-ah...We'll definitely make it work." Jongin said winking trying to lighten the mood. Gayoung could feel her cheeks slightly getting warm. "Let's try our lines once again..."

"Okay!" Gayoung clapped her hands excitedly. Jongin and Gayoung started their practice by getting into emotion.

Being unaware of a pair of eyes glaring watching them, the actors laughed out loud. 

Why do they look so excited?

They have the kiss scene today, right? 

Ughh...Why does it have to be when I am here? 

"Do Kyungsoo??" 

"H-Huh?" Kyungsoo snapped back to reality. "Aww yeah?" Chanyeol stared at his Idol worried. "Are you okay? You are crushing your script..." Chanyeol asked staring at the crumbled paper on his idol's hand.

"Ah haha, nothing. I was just thinking of my lines...Haha..." Kyungsoo laughed awkwardly turning towards the taller. "Oh...okay?" 

Does he have a scene that requires him to be mad?

"You go ahead Chanyeol, I'll get ready for my shot," Kyungsoo said pushing his manager away and breaking away from his thoughts. 

"That was close..." Kyungsoo mumbled letting out a deep Breath. "D.O. hyung!" Kyungsoo turned towards his youngest make-up artist walking behind him.  "Ah, Chen-le..."

 "The director asked me to do some final touch-ups! The next scene is gonna be shot soon." The younger said jumping excitedly.

"Okay...But why are you so excited?" Kyungsoo chuckled staring at his stylist. "Because I am going to see you act!!" Kyungsoo laughed once again seeing the younger's reaction.

"You have no idea how long have been asking Yoona Noona to allow me to come with her for the shoots." Chen-le pouted folding his hands. Kyungsoo ruffled his hair making him giggle. 

Chen-le has always been a bright kid. It was almost impossible to not like him. Since he was just an intern not long ago, the senior makeup artists didn't allow him to do much on-site. After completing his internship, he was officially part of JM's Makeup Artist team.

"Okay then quickly do your magic." Kyungsoo chuckled ruffling the youngers' hair. Chen-le nodded his head excited as he started touching up Kyungsoo's makeup.

" Ah and Hyung, I heard from the staff that this restaurant has the best view for sunset, even the food is great. I guess that's why we are shooting here. We should ask our CEO to have a team dinner here. " Chen-le chirped excitedly. Kyungsoo. Chuckled at how Chen-le can gather all the info in such a short time.

.
.
.
"Jongin Oppa?"

"Huh?" Jongin quickly looked at the lead actress in front of him, tearing his gaze away from the two laughing figures.

"You should say your lines..."

"Ah yeah...haha...Where were we?" 

"Oppa Are you alright?" Gayoung asked worried, as Jongin was distracted for while now.

"Ah Yeah Yeah, I am fine!" Jongin said laughing it off.

"Alright, Everyone!! Let's get ready for the shot!" The Assistant Director clapped his hands gaining the attention of all the staff. All the artists came into their positions. 

The shoot started with Jongin's and Gayoung's Kiss Scene. 

"And Action!"

All the actors got into their characters. "So...How about we open up the café you wanted to do?"  Jongin asked cocking his head to the right. Ga Young looked surprised at his suggestion. 

"You...remember that?" Gayoung asked in a small whisper. Jongin chuckled as he pulled Gayoung's hair behind her ear. "I promised you right...I'll help you make all your dreams true." Jongin cupped her face with both his hands.

Gayoung smiled her lips trembling. She nodded feeling elated. "Then you will be my lead chef right?" Gayoung asked chuckling. 

"Of course! Don't even think of having anyone else." Jongin said rolling his eyes. Gayoung chuckled once again. "Thanks...For staying with me."

Jongin slowly leaned in closing the gaps between their lips. Gayoung brought her hands up, placing them on his chest.

Kyungsoo tried his best to conceal his emotions. He knew it was all just acting but still it annoyed him. "Aand Cut! Bravo Guys!!" Director Shindong clapped his hands satisfied.  "Woahh...Kai Hyung look's so cool!!" Chen-le squealed in the background.

"Next up is D.O-ssi you can enter from the background and begin your lines." Kyungsoo quickly came back to reality shaking his head. "Yes, Director."

"Action!"

"Eyy...Will you two love birds cut it out!" Kyungsoo walked over rolling his eyes. "Y-Young Go ah!" Gayoung yelled surprised turning beet red. "Sorry...did we make you wait?" Jongin asked chuckling. Kyungsoo Stood next to Jongin.

"Yes...You Idiot." Kyungsoo hit the back of the latter making him groan. Which was definitely not in the script. Kyungsoo felt a little relieved. "Yah!" Jongin yelled in pain. Gayoung and Kyungsoo couldn't hide their smiles. 

"All the guys are waiting to leave for a second round. You guys are joining right?" Kyungsoo asked tucking his hands inside his pockets. Both nodded smiling. "Ah and Miya was looking for you." Kyungsoo said turning towards Gayoung."

"Oh shoot! I totally forgot. I'll get inside first." Gayoung headed in leaving the two best friends alone. 

"So...You and Miya huh?" Jongin asked smirking. Kyungsoo looked away embarrassed. "Well, things happened. I was surprised when she was also in the same university as mine in America." Kyungsoo said rubbing the back of his neck. Turning a little red. Jongin was surprised at how natural Kyungsoo looked while acting. 

"I am happy...for you..." Jongin said smiling wide. "Yeah...Me too." Kyungsoo said smiling and looking up at the orange sky. 

"Cut! Excellent Guys! I can't believe we did this scene in a single shot!" The director said getting emotional. "Alright, everyone! Pack up!"

"Thank you everyone for your hard work!" Kyungsoo and Jongin said together bowing to the staff. Everyone returned their greeting and started to pack everything up.

Kyungsoo looked around for Chanyeol to get back to his car. Before he could spot his manager, a hand pulled him away from the crowd.

Surprised Kyungsoo turned to see Jongin pulling him away. "N-Nini? What happened?" Kyungsoo asked confused as to why Jongin was pulling him away.

Jongin didn't say anything as he brought Kyungsoo behind the cafe. The back of the cafe was an empty field with trees, so there weren't many people around.

"Are you okay?-" Before Kyungsoo could speak Jongin pulled him into a hug. Kyungsoo could feel his heart beating at an abnormal speed. Surprised Kyungsoo went stiff. "J-Jongin?"

"Just stay like this," Jongin mumbled against the idol's neck. Kyungsoo brought his up slowly wrapping his arms around the younger's waist.

"What happened?" Kyungsoo asked softly rubbing the back of the younger. Jongin inhaled the Idol's scent and let out a deep breath.

"I missed you..."

Kyungsoo chuckled at his answer. "Yah... We have been together since this morning, why would you miss me?" Kyungsoo asked rolling his eyes. Jongin pulled back frowning.

"You don't miss me?"

"What happened Nini, why are acting so- mmph!!"

Before Kyungsoo could complete his sentence, a pair of lips shut his mouth. Jongin pulled him closer as his arms s around the idol's waist.

Kyungsoo melted into the kiss making his knees go weak. Kyungsoo too kissed him back as his hands found their way around Jongin's neck.

Since they were busy shooting for the whole day, Jongin didn't have much alone time with Kyungsoo.

They finally pulled back to catch their breath. "I missed those lips..." Jongin said smirking. Kyungsoo flushed red hearing that comment.

"Yah!" Kyungsoo whisper yelled, hitting the younger's chest. Jongin chuckled pulling him closer. "Watch what you say! We are still in public. What'll happen if someone sees us??" Kyungsoo looked around but didn't break away from the hug.

Jongin pouted once again. "Don't worry they're all busy getting the things packed," Jongin said smiling wide. Kyungsoo sighed as he looked at his Bear.

"Still we need to be careful," Kyungsoo said rolling his eyes as he flicked the younger's forehead. Jongin yelped in pain. Kyungsoo released himself from the hug.

"Come on we should get going." Once again Jongin pulled him and pinned him against the cafe wall.

"W-what?"

"Soo...You seriously have nothing to tell me?" Jongin asked leaning closer. "No...?" Kyungsoo mumbled confusedly.

"Really?  Even after our scene?" Jongin asked desperately.

What is he talking about- Ohhh...

Is he expecting a reaction from me for the kiss scene?

Kyungsoo laughed seeing his reaction. Does he want me to be jealous?

"Why are laughing?" Jongin asked a little annoyed.

Should I a little?

"Hmm, nothing big happened though?" Kyungsoo said thinking for while. Jongin once again pouted angrily.

"Hmph! Fine! I can see how much you love me." Jongin huffed.

Just as Jongin turned to leave, Kyungsoo pulled him by his collar and connected their lips. Jongin kissed back smiling against his lips.

"These are always mine," Kyungsoo said breaking away from the kiss. Satisfied Jongin nodded as he snuggled into his neck.

"Yup! Only yours."

Kyungsoo chuckled as he tightened his hug. "Sometimes you are such a baby." 

"Yup! Your baby!" 

"Gosh! when did you get so cheesy?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the cringe. 

"Yup! Only For-"

"Okay okay! Goodness! You'll take this forever. We should get going, Our managers might go crazy if take any longer." Kyungsoo said as he looked at his watch. It's been already 15 min since they came aside.

Though Jongin wanted to spend some more time with Kyungsoo, he knew their managers Temper. Both headed out to the shooting area.

"Where did you two run off to??" Both the managers yelled together as soon as they saw their idols.

Both the managers looked at each other, but quickly turned away.

"We just went to the restroom. Are we not allowed?" Jongin asked rolling his eyes. Baekhyun smacked his back annoyed.

"Inform us and go! We've been searching for you two. You even left your phones with us." Baekhyun said rolling his eyes.

"Well it's getting late, We should head home now," Chanyeol said glancing at his watch.

Soon Everyone went to their respective cars to get home.

"Seems like you and Kyungsoo have only one more scene to be shot. So practically the shoot is over now." Baekhyun said as he started the car.

"Yeah...even the extra scenes the director wanted are also over. We'll be having a wrap-up party right?"

"Yeah, mostly next week. By the end of this week, your scenes will be over. Then I guess the shoot is done." Baekhyun said a little proud.

Baekhyun was happy that the shoots went on without a hitch. Since this was Jongin's first movie, Baekhyun was worried a lot. But now he was proud that Jongin completed the shoot without many problems.

"Then I won't have any schedule for the next two weeks right?" Jongin asked a little excitedly.

"Hmm...Yeah. After this Weekend, The final scene will be over. Since we pushed our Album to next month, I guess you'll have some free time." Jongin nodded excitedly. 

I should start planning my date then~!

Jongin giggled excitedly. "I have a feeling you are planning something problematic..." Baekhyun said suspiciously looking ahead at the road. 

"What?? I have nothing problematic planned-!" Jongin stuttered looking out the window. "Well, it is all good, If it's nothing," Baekhyun said shrugging.

"And anyway, I was meaning to ask...Are you alright?" Jongin asked turning towards his manager. "Why? Do I look tired?" Baekhyun asked looking at his rear front mirror.  

"Not that...I meant about Wendy's Birthday...You seem quite distracted." Jongin asked folding his arms. Baekhyun's grip tightened around the steering wheel. 

"It was good. Wendy liked the gift a lot." Baekhyun said smiling wide. It won't do any good in telling the truth. 

Jongin let out a relieved breath. "Ha! I knew she'd like it!" Jongin shouted proudly. "Yeah Yeah.." Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Ah right...When are the audition results coming out?" Jongin asked as he took out his phone. Baekhyun thought for a while. "I guess in a week. There are still auditions from other cities. So all the results will be given together." 

"Hmm...I Hope Wendy gets in..." Jongin said smiling softly. Baekhyun let out a small smile. "I hope too..." 

Since we'll be needing a guardian's consent before we accept the trainee, Baekhyun knew he had to speak to Baekbeom about this. There was no way the chairman or Wendy's mother will accept her decision. 

Baekhyun noticed Jongin had fallen asleep. Since he had been shooting since morning, Jongin was completely drained out. But Baekhyun was proud that Jongin didn't show it out much.  

Kre`... Let me just concentrate on you for now...

 



HELLO GUYSS!!

Wow...I can't believe I haven't updated for so long🥲...

I really don't know what to say...I know this chap is not that long, I actually wanted to update this chap during Kai and Soo's Birthday...but i really lost a lot of motivation to write these past few months. 

But somehow I picked up a little...I'll try to update more frequently!! 

And Oh my god! 101 Subscribers😭 It's really overwhelming, that people are even reading this story...

Thank You so much to all the readers who have supported me all along. And thanks to everyone who has commented, upvoted, and subscribed. You guys are the best~!!!

Well, that's my rant. Then, See you guys Soon!!

LUV YA~!