CHAPTER-12

Hello Manager

Chanyeol POV

Since it was a pretty long day I threw myself on the bed, lying face down like a starfish.

"I'm soo tired..." I groaned stretching my limbS. Though I was tired I still needed to take a shower.

I quickly got up and headed to the restroom. I noticed the new toothbrush I got for Baekhyun.

"Really? Then show me! I like puppies too~"

Baekhyun's face when he came closer to me flashed before me, making my heart skip a beat. I quickly covered mouth and looked at the mirror.

My face was flushed red now.

I can't believe I actually like Baekhyun...

"When did I...?" I asked myself looking at the mirror. Groaning I splashed water on my face.

"This is going to be really troublesome..." I said to myself, the water dripping down my face. Shaking my head, I took a quick shower and headed to the living room.

I plopped myself on the couch stretching my arms and legs. I picked my phone to check any messages.

I noticed few articles trending for Kyungsoo and Kai's New movie.

"Oh?"

Isn't this that...BBL Director?

I noticed another article of that director. I still felt like I've seen him somewhere.

I quickly searched for his name. Scrolling down his profile, one of the photo caught my eye.

It was his High School photo.

No way!

"That's... definitely Kyoong's Brother!" I widened my eyes surprised. A huge excitement filled my whole body.

I knew Kyoong wasn't his real name. But I was hoping I'd find him again one day. We played for about week after the first day I met him, then he said had to go back to Seoul.

I remember him saying he came to visit his grandmother in Gwangju, But after that time he never came.

I quickly searched for any information about Kyoong. But none of them showed any info of him.

What..? Why does it say he is an only child?

I definitely remember they were real brothers...

I sighed dejected. I was so close to find him again.

Maybe I was wrong...?

"Ah I don't know! I already got so much on my mind today!" I ruffled my hair frustrated. 

I quickly headed to my room to sleep. It was already a long day.
.
.
.
.
.

Next day

 

I woke up to the blast of my alarm. Sluggishly I switched it off and groaned into my pillow.

 

8:00 A.M

 

I really want a day off...

 

Kyungsoo didn't have much plans today, only his vocal and dance lessons with Kai. But still I needed to go to help prepare for the upcoming Auditions.

 

I sat up slowly, the light through curtains blinding my eyes. Stretching my arms I quickly went to the restroom to finish my morning business.

 

I picked up Kyungsoo on the way. Reaching JM Ent., I noticed Kai speaking with their Dance Instructor. Noticing us Kai waved us to come over As usual Kyungsoo was excited to see the younger.

 

But seriously they met just yesterday! Why do they keep acting like they've never seen each other for decades??

 

Sighing I smiled at the two Idols.

 

Sehun nodded with his usual stoic expression. If anyone new met him, he could come of a bit rude. But once you get to know him, he's a total different person.

 

"Hey Sehun. I heard you injured your leg?" I asked a bit worried. Due to his injury, even Kai's and Kyungsoo's Practice were reduced.

 

"Yeah it's a lot better now." Sehun said smiling jumping up and down. I nodded Chuckling.

 

I looked around my eyes searching for a certain smurf. I wasn't still sure of my feelings for him. So I needed to make sure of it.

 

"Oh yeah! Where is Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked the question in my mind.

 

"Baekhyun just left with Heechul Hyung, I was just talking to Sehun before heading back to Dance practice."

 

"Heechul Sunbae?" I asked confused.

 

"Oh Yeah! Heechul Hyung was asking for you too!" Kai said snapping his fingers remembering.

 

"Really? Then I'll go see them...Do you know where they went?"

 

"I think to the conference room..." Kai said thinking. After bidding goodbye I quickly headed to the Conference room.

 

I opened room the room to see Heechul walking around tensed.

 

"Sunbae?" I called out grabbing his attention.

 

"Chanyeol!" Heechul cried out looking at me, running towards me. I took a step back startled.

 

"Wae-Wae...What happened?" I asked confused looking at the trembling manager.

 

"You are my savior!" Heechul quickly grabbed my hand looking at me with pleading eyes. I tried to calm the manager.

 

"First Calm Down Sunbae...What happened?" I asked curious. Heechul let go of my hand and sighed.

 

"Today Overdose has a variety show to attend, and the new managers were supposed to go. But..." Heechul took a deep breath. "Both of them ended up with a flu and can't even get off the bed. I can't ask them to come, atleast for the sake of others." Heechul pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

"Then there aren't any other managers?" I asked worried.

 

"That's why I need your help." Heechul said clasping his hands.

 

"I would have gone, but I have to take care of the auditions. Since I am leading this, I can't ask someone else to do it."

 

It's true Heechul was one of the staff working here for long, so he handled many of the major events along with Overdose activities. He's one of the people I respect a lot.

 

Though he loves to tease his hoobaes, His work was always perfect.

 

"It's okay Sunbae, if I can be of some help then no problem. Kyungsoo also doesn't have any plans today I guess it will alright." I said assuring. Heechul's eyes beamed happiness.

 

"Thank you so much Yeol-ah!" Heechul quickly hugged me making me hard to breathe.

 

"S-Sunbae! Can't - Can't Breath!" Heechul released me and I started to gasp for air.

 

"Hehe Biyane😋"

 

"Ah and don't worry! You are not going alone!" Heechul said winking at the end.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Oi Baekhyun! Here!" Heechul waved behind me. I looked back to see the person I was searching for.

 

I once again felt that abnormal heartbeat. Baekhyun looked at me  confused. I quickly looked away avoiding his eyes.

 

"Baekhyun! Chanyeol will also come with you to help." Heechul said grinning throwing his arms around me.


Baekhyun looked at me surprised. "Him?" Baekhyun asked widening his eyes. I tried not to roll my eyes

How the hell could I ever like him??

"I am just here to help Heechul hyung." I said rolling my eyes. Baekhyun glared at me.

"Yah yah, enough you two. There aren't many staffs who are free, So please help me out this once guys. I promise I'll treat you guys later." Heechul said clasping his hands.

"Ok ok. I'll help out. It's been long since I saw the boys too." Baekhyun said sighing.

"Well if I can be of help, I'll sure help. You helped me lot during my first here." I said smiling.

"Thank you so much guys!" Heechul cried happy.

Heechul quickly explained the schedule. Since I had already been to the variety show with Kyungsoo once, I had an idea on what to prepare.

There was still three more hours for the schedule, so we decided to talk with members and get them ready.

Baekhyun walked ahead, and didn't speak much to me till we went to Overdose practice room.

Just as we were about to enter Baekhyun looked like he was about to say something but quickly shook his head and went inside.

Hmm?

"Baekhyun Hyung!!" Just as Baekhyun entered the room, Tao, attacked the manager in a hug.

"It's been so long! Did you really forget us??" Tao asked hugging Baekhyun tight. Baekhyun Chuckled, petting Tao's head. Something about the scene made me really annoyed.

"We both were busy. And Its really hard to meet you guys~" Baekhyun said smiling breaking their hug.

"Oh Baekhyun is here? I just got a message from Heechul hyung, are you gonna be our manager today?" I looked at the corner to see Kris sitting up straight from the sofa. He sounded quite excited.

"Yeah...and  Yo- I mean Chanyeol will also be your manager today." Baekhyun said glancing at me. I shot a quick glare at him.

I realised I was still at the entrance of the room and walked closer towards the members.

"Yeah...Hope we can get along today." I said smiling bowing a little.

"Huh? Really?! Chanyeol Hyung too" Tao jumped up excited finally noticing me.

It's been a while since I saw the two rappers too.

"Boya...you guys seem already close." Baekhyun asked suspicious.

"Eyy you didn't know? Chanyeol Hyung was an amazing underground rapper.  Sometimes we used to ask some tips from him." Tao said excited. I widened my eyes at the sudden revelation.

"Yah T-Tao!" I yelled out surprised. Realising Tao quickly closed his mouth.

"Oops...hehe Sorry Hyung."

I sighed slapping my forehead.

Well it's not completely false. I did enjoy music and rapping, and I was once an underground rapper. But that was a long time ago. When I was in my junior and Senior Highschool.

After some time, I suddenly lost the interest in rapping, so I quit being a rapper.

Tao and Kris found out when they met me, since they were quite interested the Unger ground rapping.

Since then I used to give them some tips on rapping. Kyungsoo also knew, but Kyungsoo wasn't really interested in rapping.

But suddenly I felt a little embarrassed that Baekhyun got to know. It suddenly worried me that Baekhyun might think bad of me.

When did I get worried about what he thinks?

"You rap? I-I mean you were an under ground rapper?" Baekhyun asked surprised completely flabbergasted.

"W-well it was a long time ago! I just did that for fun." I said stuttering, trying to defend myself.

Why am I so worked up??

"I learn something new about you everyday..." Baekhyun said Still not over the shock. "Does Jongdae knows about this?"

"Well...I didn't exactly say it to him..." I said looking away.

I did say I was doing something but didn't exactly tell him the details.

"Anyway, let's stop talking about me. Where is the Leader?" I asked changing the subject looking for Luhan.

"Someone looking for me?" I turned back to see Luhan poking his head inside.

"Hey guys!" Luhan chirped up looking at us.

"Whoa, I thought Heechul hyung was kidding when he messaged that You two are going to be our managers for today." Luhan said laughing.

"Well, it just turned out like this..." I said rubbing the back of my nape.

"Well, since all are here, should we head to the salon now? You guys need to get ready for the show." Baekhyun said glancing at his watch. I too nodded and we quickly set off.

Since I got the key from Heechul hyung for the van, I drove to the salon.

Finishing up their hair, make-up and clothes we headed to the broadcast station.

"You Guys can read these pre-interview questions. And for the rest you will be playing some games. There are few fun challenges so you can just enjoy yourself." I said looking through the guide from the show.

Overdose members were really cooperative so it wasn't really hard to manage. Baekhyun went to speak with the PD for extra information.

"I really love this show. So I am sorta excited to be actually be in it." Luhan said excited. He had his hair color changed from blonde to bubblegum pink reminding me of cotton candy. Tao and Kris Chuckled at the leader's excitement.

"Save it for the show." I turned back to see Baekhyun back with the name tags. Baekhyun handed their respective name tags and turned towards me.

"Ahem- Here your Staff ID..." Baekhyun said handing me the staff ID.

"Ah Thanks..."

"Then I think they are gonna start soon. You guys can head to the Main area." Baekhyun said glancing at his watch. Few of the show staffs came to take the members.

The members quickly headed to the Stage leaving me and Baekhyun behind.

After speaking at the entertainment, Baekhyun didn't speak much on the way. It's really hard to understand him.

I noticed Baekhyun staring at my arm, where I got hurt from that Sasaeng fan. Though it got healed pretty quick it left a scar on my arm.

I chuckled at Baekhyun's expression, who looked a bit worried.

"It's all healed up. So you don't worry much." I said catching his attention. He looked caught off-guard.

"I-I didn't ask for it!!" Baekhyun said huffing looking away from my arm.

"Hmm? Really?" I asked bending down to his eye level.

"Ofcourse not!" Baekhyun said once again rubbing his nose.

This was another thing I noticed with Baekhyun which I didn't see before. Whenever Baekhyun lies, he grazes is nose with his fingers.

"Hmm~ whatever you say so~" I singsong stuffing my hands into my pocket.

"I wasn't worried or anything... I just saw if you dressed it properly."

"Well someone did warn me I might lose my arm if I didn't take care properly." I said shrugging.

Baekhyun let out a small chuckle, but quickly stopped looking at me.

That sounded...nice...

He should laugh more...when he's around me...

"Ahem- we should go too. The program will start soon." Baekhyun said snapping me back to reality from my train of thoughts.

"Y-Yeah.." I quickly cleared my throat and followed behind Baekhyun.

Baekhyun...what did you do to me?

Rest of the shoot went smoothly. And seems like All the members too had so much fun.

The whole set bursted put laughing when Tao cracked an egg on top of Kris's head by mistake.

Quickly they stopped for short break, to change the settings for the next game.

Since there were a lot of props, the staffs had asked us to help out too.

Baekhyun was carrying boxes which was totally hiding his vision.

Is he planning to crash into someone or what?

I quickly picked up two boxes from his stack, so he can see ahead. Baekhyun looked at me surprised.

"What are you doing?"

"Unless you are planning on, spilling all the stuffs in the box, let me take some." I said rolling my eyes.

"I could have taken them myself." Now Baekhyun rolled his eyes. But I couldn't feel the usual malice in his voice.

"Yeah yeah~" I teased Baekhyun, which made him step on my feet. I groaned in pain and shot a quick glare at him. Baekhyun grinned in satisfaction, trying to hide his laughter.

When I stood up straight, Baekhyun quickly ran away ahead. He quickly turned back and stick out his toungue.

If it was before, I would have grabbed him the collar....but now it didn't annoy me much.

"Yah!" I called out smirking making Baekhyun walk ahead faster. He quickly placed the box near the shelf and turned towards me.

Suddenly, one of the staff bumped onto the shelf, making the shelf topple over.

"Baekhyun! Watch out!"

Before I could think, my body rushed and pulled him towards me. Losing my balance, I fell over Baekhyun placing my hands on the sides not crusing him.

I could feel some hard objects hit my back and the weight of the shelf. I raised my back so, it doesn't crush Baekhyun. Baekhyun had his eyes closed from the fall.

I felt a sudden sting on my cheek.

Ouch

"Omg!! Manager Byun! Manager Park! Are you Alright?" I could hear the staffs asking worried.

"Baekhyun...Are you okay?" I asked looking down.  He opened his eyes slowly.

"Y-Yeah...but Yah! What are you-"

"Just a moment Manager Park! We'll lift it up." The staffs said slowly lifting the shelf. Thought the shelf looked normal, it was quite heavy. I let out a small groan.

They quickly lifted the shelf and we both sat up straight.

"Yah! Are you crazy? Why would you come like that?" Baekhyun yelled worried.

"Yah is this something you'd say to someone who saved you?" I asked smirking, dusting off the dirt from my back.

"That's not it You Idiot- Oh ! Your bleeding!" Baekhyun quickly screamed pointing at my cheek.

"Huh?" I touched my cheek, which was now bleeding. Baekhyun quickly pulled out his kerchief and wiped my cheek to stop the bleeding.

"Are you two okay? Oh dear! Manager Park..."

"Can you please get the First aid kit?" Baekhyun asked one of the staff. Nodding the staff quickly rushed off.

Baekhyun helped me get up and we went over to the side. He pushed me down to sit on one of the chair and Baekhyun pulled up a chair in front of me.

Deja vu

The staff quickly came with the First Aid Kit and handed it to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun pulled out the the cotton and disinfectant. I quietly observed Baekhyun's features if he had gotten hurt anywhere.

His eyelashes were actually pretty long. And his lips were now pressed into a thin line in concentration.

"Ah!" The sting got me back to reality. Baekhyun was now, cleaning of the blood off me check.

Why does his touch suddenly feel so hot??

He quickly applied the ointment and put on the the bandaid.

"What are you looking at?" Baekhyun asked looking me in the eye.

"N-Nothing...Did you...Get hurt?" I asked looking up and down.

"Worry about yourself first Idiot!" Baekhyun said slapping my arm. I let out a small yelp. Baekhyun frowned looking at me cheek.

My god why does he look so cute?? Was he this cute when he was angry??

"Why do you always act so reckless??" Baekhyun was now fuming a little. I looked at him a bit surprised.

"When have I been reck-"

"During the Sasaeng attack you just three yourself at her and got your arm hurt, and now you come running here and get hurt!" Baekhyun said glaring at me.

No way...Is he worried?

"And...Don't you hate me? Why do you keep helping me?" Baekhyun asked folding his arms, leaning back on his chair.

Do I hate him?

Well I did hate home before....

But now...

"I don't hate you..." I blurted out before I could think. I quickly covered my mouth.

Baekhyun looked at me surprised.

"What? Did you hurt head from the fall or what? Are you in your right mind?" Baekhyun asked coming closer checking my face.

Too close!

I quietly held my breath.

"It's doesn't look like you got hurt..." Baekhyun mumbled confused, sitting back down.

I let out the breath I was holding.

"We just didn't get along well. And we started of with the wrong foot..." I said quietly, looking away.

"And helping you, I just couldn't leave a person alone like that. And it's you who always ends up getting knocked out." I said shrugging, giving a sly grin.

"I-Its not my fault!" Baekhyun said defensively.

I chuckled at Baekhyun's reaction.

Maybe we can start over?

"Let's start over." I said leaning closer.

"Start over? Don't you think 10 years is a bit late?" Baekhyun asked scoffing. I shrugged leaning back.

"I just feel it's bit pointless to be hung around our misunderstanding for these many years..."

"It's you who did not even want to speak to me." Baekhyun said rolling his eyes.

Thinking back I was actually a jerk. Baekhyun did come to talk it out but I didn't bother to respond.

I was such an Idiot...

Ofcourse I can't tell it out loud.

"Sorry..." I said looking down. Baekhyun looked a little contemplated.

"W-well its good if you realise it..." Baekhyun mumbled looking away.

"Chanyeol! Baekhyun! Are you two alright??" I looked  up to see Luhan, Tao and Kris running to us worried.

"Luhan...Yeah we are alright." I said smiling showing a thumbs up .

"But your cheek!" Tao gasped looking at my face.

"Don't worry it's just a small cut." I said laughing awkward.

"What about you Baekhyun? Are you okay?" Kris asked looking at Baekhyun worried. Baekhyun smiled nodding reasurring.

The overdose members let out a sigh of relief.

"We're fine. So you three should get back to the shoot." Baekhyun said standing up and pushing the members.

I touched the bandaid patch Baekhyun put on. Somehow this felt a little familiar. It suddenly reminded him of Kyoong when he had put on bandage on my cheek.

This is the second time he reminded me of him.

Is it because....I like Baekhyun now....?


​​​​​


 

Authors Note

Hello Guys~!!

I have no idea why I update so late....😭

Anyway...so Chanyeol has finally realised how he feels!!✨✨ Hehe

And...I know it's a quite sensitive issue. About Kris... Actually I was debating a lot on whether to add him or not in my story...

But since I've already mentioned him earlier...it didn't feel good to remove him.

So I decided to treat him just as a character in my story.

It's still shocking on what he did. And if its true he needs to get his punishment.

I apologise to anyone who felt uncomfortable with this...I just wanted to mention it.
.
.
.
Did I talk too seriously?👀

Anyway.... Thank you everyone who UpVoted, Commented and Subscribed!!❤️✨

Hope you guys enjoyed~!!

Luv ya~!!🌹
 

Stream 🌹