CHAPTER-14

Hello Manager

Author POV

"Just...Don't hurt her..." Kyungsoo choked, holding Jongin's collar tight.

Jongin could feel Kyungsoo's hands tremble. His eyes carrying emotion he couldn't decipher.

"I won't. I love her...more than you know." Jongin said determined. He could feel Kyungsoo's grip loosen. Kyungsoo looked down, trying to stop the threatening tears. Kyungsoo turned back, trying to walk away...

"Young go-ah...I'm sor-" Jongin called. Stopping his Bestfriend.

"Don't...apologize." Kyungsoo said turning back... showing a small smile which didn't reach his eyes.

"Are you really leaving to America?" Jongin asked clenching his fists.

Kyungsoo gave a short nod.

"I don't think I can give up if I stay close to her. But for now...I only want her to be happy." Kyungsoo said looking at the night sky.

"But remember to keep your gaurd up...If let her go...I will steal her." Kyungsoo said giving a small smirk.

"That won't happen." Jongin said Chuckling. Kyungsoo walked forward, keeping his hands in his pocket.

"I hope you find your happy ending too..." Jongin said softly looking at Kyungsoo's back.

Jongin could feel his heart clench. For a moment He couldn't differentiate it from it reality.

"AND CUT!!"

The director yelled clapping his hand.

"Thank you everyone! Everyone worked hard!" Kyungsoo said bowing to all the staff.

Jongin looked away trying to wipe his tears away.

"Boya...Looks like you really got into character?" Baekhyun popped behind Jongin.

"He's just too good at it." Jongin said looking away. Baekhyun laughed at his cute reaction. "True... Kyungsoo is really something." Baekhyun said nodding amazed.

"Jongin-ah! Are you alright?" Kyungsoo quickly rushed over worried. They just had a little fight scene, where Kyungsoo had to throw a punch.

"No...I'm al-" Jongin paused observing Kyungsoo's's Worried expression. "My...cheek hurts..." Jongin said pouting showing his cheeks. Kyungsoo quickly checked his face worried. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his ridiculous acting.

Your acting is not any less...

"Don't worry much Soo... he's just kidding." Baekhyun said playfully punching the idol on his arm. Jongin giggled sheepishly.

"Yes we're almost done." Baekhyun turned back at the familiar voice.

Chanyeol was heading towards their direction, just finishing his phone call.

"That was the last scene for today right?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun who was staring at him. Baekhyun looked a little startled at the sudden conversation.

Baekhyun noticed the scar on his face was almost gone but was still lightly visible. 

It's been two days since they decided to start over. And it still feel quite odd for Baekhyun to speak to Chanyeol. And Chanyeol also has been quite sweet to him.

Their conversation usually starts with one of them provoking the other, so having a normal conversation still felt awkward.

"Aw? Y-Yeah...it's done." Baekhyun said clearing his throat. "Since it's done, we can head back now." Baekhyun said glancing at his watch. Chanyeol nodded agreeing.

"Manager Byun could you come here for a moment?" Baekhyun turned back to one of the staff calling.

"Ah yes!- I'll be right back." Baekhyun quickly excused himself and went to the staff.

"Oh yeah! Kyungsoo Hyung, do you wanna stay at my house this weekend?" Jongin asked excited.

"Hmm? Weekend?" Kyungsoo asked cocking his head to the right.

"Yeah...I don't have any schedule and Baekhyun Hyung is also not gonna be there. Oh wait...Are you free?" Jongin asked awkwardly.

"What do you mean Baekhyun's not gonna be there?" Chanyeol asked confused.

"Ah he's gonna visit his hometown. So he said he's gonna take two days leave." Jongin said shrugging.

Hometown? I thought he was from Seoul ...

But if it's hometown...I guess it's Busan.

Chanyeol thought remembering his school days. He did hear from Jongdae that, Baekhyun had stayed in Busan. Something due to his family situation.

"Chanyeol Hyung! Soo doesn't have any schedule right?" Jongin asked looking at Chanyeol hopeful.

"Yeah...he doesn't. But will you guys be alright? Actually I am also going to visit my hometown...."

"Huh? You too? Where is your hometown?" Jongin asked surprised.

"Gwangju. It was my Nephew's first birthday last week. So my sister is quite mad I couldn't come." Chanyeol said chuckling at the end.

Chanyeol could still hear his sister's chill voice when he said he won't be able to make it.

"We'll be alright! It'll be helpful for us to practice our lines and practice for our debut too." Jongin said determined. Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo who also looked quite hopeful.

Well I don't think they'll accept no as an answer.

"Fine... I'll speak to Baekhyun too." Chanyeol said sighing.

Chanyeol could see both of them doing a victory dance in their head. Soon Baekhyun came back with some coffee.

"Here. Seems like the director got one for everyone." Baekhyun said smiling. He handed everyone the drinks.

Chanyeol quickly told Jongin and Kyungsoo's plan and Baekhyun too wasn't much against it.

Baekhyun did get worried a little of leaving them alone again. Since Baekhyun nor Chanyeol will be there.

"We can ask Heechul Hyung to check on them once." Chanyeol said taking a sip from his drink.

Baekhyun nodded agreeing. Baekhyun glanced at his watch and it was almost 10 P.M.

"Alright then let's head back. It's starting to get late." Baekhyun said fishing put his car key.

Kyungsoo and Jongin bid goodbye and headed to their respective cars.

"Then...See you later." Chanyeol said grinning waving his hand.

It's still so weird...

Baekhyun thought as he saw Chanyeol's grinning face. But still he didn't hate it.

"Yeah...Later." Baekhyun mumbled giving a small smile.

Alright...let's take it slow...

Chanyeol smiled watching Baekhyun walk away.

Kyungsoo and Jongin felt something weird was going on between the two. But they were quite relieved that they are finally getting along well.
 

Next morning

"Did you get your bag?"

"Yes..."

"Did you have your breakfast??"

"Yeah..."

"Should I make some Vegetable pancakes when you come?"

"Mom... don't stress so much. I'll be there in about 3 hours." Chanyeol chuckled at his mother's worried voice. Chanyeol dragged his suitcase into the station.

"I know... It's just...it's been so long since you came here..." Chanyeol could hear the sadness in her voice .

"And you think I won't be worried about my only son?!!" Chanyeol quickly moved his away from his ear at the sudden yell.

"Okay okay...I am sorry." Chanyeol said letting out a small laugh.

"...Should I come and pick you up?"

" *Sigh* Just stay at home. You don't need to overwork yourself. I hanging up now." Chanyeol said quickly hanging up.

"Huh? A-Arasaw! Travel safe-!" Chanyeol shook his head at how worried his mom is.

Chanyeol looked at the huge clock on the wall.

7:00 A.M

There was still 30 minutes for the Next train. He quickly went to the ticket booth to get the tickets.

"One ticket to Gwangju please."

"One ticket to Gwangju please."

Chanyeol snapped his head towards the familiar voice at the counter next to him. The other person looked just as shocked as Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol?"

"Baekhyun? You..."

"Excuse me Sir, Can I see your ID too?" The person at the counter called, grabbing his attention. The person at Baekhyun's counter too asked him the same.

"Ah Y-Yes..." Chanyeol quickly handed his ID.

Wait...did I hear him right? Did he just say Gwangju??

But isn't his hometown Busan?"

Thousands of questions were running through Chanyeol's head.

Baekhyun looked a bit taken aback too. After getting their tickets, they looked at each still in shock.

"Boya...Your hometown is Gwangju?" Baekhyun asked widening his eyes. Chanyeol never actually mentioned his hometown much.

"Yeah...I was in Gwangju before I came to Seoul." Chanyeol said shrugging his shoulder. "But I thought your hometown was Busan?" Chanyeol asked now confused.

"Well...yeah...My-... Father's side is from Busan and my Mom was from Gwangju." Baekhyun said rubbing the back of his neck.

Both stared at eachother for few seconds and bursted out laughing.

"Whoa...who would have thought such a coincidence." Chanyeol said grinning wide. Somehow Chanyeol felt a lot happier that he's gonna travel with Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded chuckling.

"I guess we should head to the line now." Chanyeol said glancing at his watch. The train was gonna arrive in 10 minutes.

Soon the train arrived and both boarded the train. Just as Chanyeol's found his seat, He noticed Baekhyun's Seat right next to his.

"Oh...this is your seat?" Chanyeol asked taking a look at Baekhyun tickets. Baekhyun nodded checking the seat number on his ticket.

Keeping their luggage over their head, Both took their seats.

Baekhyun sat down on the window seat. He noticed Chanyeol trying to adjust his long legs as he sat down.

Baekhyun snickered at Chanyeol's suffering. Chanyeol shot a quick glare at the manager.

"That's why you shouldn't grow tall like big giant..." Baekhyun teased leaning back.

"Oh then I guess it's fun being small huh?" Chanyeol teased back smirking, leaning closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun suddenly felt his breath hitched, making his cheeks burn.

"Y-Yah!" Baekhyun hit Chanyeol's chest pushing him back. Chanyeol laughed amused with his reaction.

"Who are you calling short?" Baekhyun snapped back rolling his eyes. He noticed Chanyeol trying to hide his smile.

Baekhyun sensed something different. Usually when they bicker, it made him annoyed...but this time it didn't bother him much.

Soon the train took off, and both the managers sat in silence. Chanyeol picked up his book to read and Baekhyun simply started to listen to music.

Baekhyun's eyes started feel a bit heavy. Since Baekhyun reached quite late after leaving Jongin, he slept late after packing his things.

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun bobbing his back and forth trying to sleep.

Did he even sleep last night?

Chanyeol thought looking at his droopy eyes.

Just when Baekhyun was about to hit his head against the window, Instinctively Chanyeol brought his hand behind Baekhyun and placed his palm against the window, cushioning his head from the impacts.

Chanyeol slowly brought Baekhyun's head towards his shoulder, giving him a better position to sleep.

Baekhyun leaned his head on Chanyeol's shoulder making himself comfortable. Chanyeol could hear Baekhyun's breath on his neck, making him freeze.

Maybe this wasn't a good idea...

Chanyeol thought holding his chest which was running as fast the train. He looked down at his face, observing the manager's features. He closed the book he was reading and moved himself into a better position.

Chanyeol glanced at his watch to see there was still an hour left till they reached Gwangju.

Chanyeol once again looked at Baekhyun's sleeping face, which made his heart almost stop.

When did he get so cute?!

Chanyeol wanted to capture this moment. He picked up his phone and decided to take a picture of Baekhyun.

Wait...

What the hell am I doing...?

Why am I acting like a ert??

Chanyeol groaned to himself.

But still he looks so cute...

One pic won't be so bad...

Keeping away his rational thoughts Chanyeol decided to just take the picture.

*Clickk*

Successfully taking a selfie of himself and Baekhyun, Chanyeol giggled to himself like a teenager.

Realising what he was doing, Chanyeol slapped his cheek to come back to reality.

Park Chanyeol....you are the worst.

Somehow the time felt pretty fast for Chanyeol. Arriving close to their station, Chanyeol woke up Baekhyun who was stil lying comfortable on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Baekhyun... we've reached." Chanyeol called out softly. Baekhyun woke up slowly rubbing his eyes.

"Ah yeah...*Yawnn*" Baekhyun widened his eyes at the position they were in. Realising he was leaning on Chanyeol, Baekhyun sat up straight.

"You didn't sleep last night?" Chanyeol asked a little worried.

"A-Ah no...I was just a little tired..." Baekhyun said a little bit flustered.

Ughh...I can't believe slept leaning on his shoulder!!

Baekhyun mentally screamed embarrassed. Baekhyun noticed they almost came to a stop. Both quickly picked ther bags and got down.

Baekhyun stretched his arms as he got down the train. Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol doing the same.

The seats must have been pretty uncomfortable for his height...

Baekhyun thought a little worried.

Wait why am I worried for him?

Baekhyun quickly shook his head. He fished out his phone from his pockets and noticed a message from his brother.

Beom

Hyun-ah!
I am really sorry...
I forgot to bring our key....so I borrowed from our neighbour....but I forgot to return that key too...
Really sorry!ㅠㅠ

Baekhyun mentally groaned reading the message.

Since they don't visit their grandma's house after she passed away...they decided to give a spare key to their neighbour.

The original key was with Beom, Baekhyun usually used the key with the neighbours.

If there's no key...where the hell am I supposed to stay?!!

I better look for some Inn nearby.

"Yah Baekhyun...What are you doing just standing there?"

"Ah nothing-"

"Yeol-ah!!" Chanyeol jumped surprised at the sudden familiar voice. Baekhyun turned to look behind him to see a Woman waving at Chanyeol.

"Mom?" Chanyeol muttered confused.

"Your mother?" Baekhyun asked widening his eyes. She looked pretty young. Chanyeol nodded looking at Baekhyun. Chanyeol walked towards his mother and Baekhyun followed behind him.

"Mom, I told you I'll come by myself right? Why did you come all the way here?" Chanyeol asked worried.

"Eyy...I was just nearby, So I thought I'd pick you up..." Chanyeol's mother said chuckling. Chanyeol sighed running his fingers through his hair.

"When did you ever listen to me?" Chanyeol said giving up.

"Omo! What happened to your cheek?" Mrs.Park asked noticing the scar on her son's cheek. Baekhyun suddenly felt a little guilty. 

"It was just a small accident. I fine though!" Chanyeol said reassuring. Still her face was etched with worry. She finally noticed the noticed the boy standing awkward behind Chanyeol.

"Oh! You are..." She trailed off looking at Baekhyun. Somehow she felt she had met him before. Baekhyun quickly introduced himself.

"Ah Hello Mrs.Park...I am Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun said bowing a little.

"Ah yeah... Baekhyun this is my mom and mom this is Baekhyun...We work to together." Chanyeol said rubbing the back of his neck.

Chanyeol's mother looked at him a little longer and finally realised where she saw him

"Ah Baekhyun! You went to the same school as Chanyeol right?? Wow! I didn't Know you two worked together too!" She asked excited. Baekhyun looked at her a little flustered. A little confused how she knew.

"Huh? How did you know?" Chanyeol asked confused. He doesn't remember talking about Baekhyun a lot.

"I remember seeing him at the school graduation. You were with the other kid right? Kim Jong..Dae! I still have the pictures!" Mrs.Park said clapping her hands, smiling wide.

"Ah yes..." Baekhyun nodded chuckling surprised. Amazed at her sharp memory. Now Baekhyun remembers vaguely seeing Chanyeol's Family. After Jongdae's long pestering they decided to take a picture together.

If I remember correct I guess he has an Older sister too...

She quickly gave a short glare at Chanyeol.

"Yah Park Chanyeol! Why didn't you tell me you were going bring your friend. I would have prepared something right!?" Mrs.Park yelled at Chanyeol, slightly punching the taller.

"It's not that I didn't inform! We coincidentally ran into each other this morning." Chanyeol said defensively trying to dodge his mother's attack.

"Really?" Mrs.Park quickly stopped hitting his son and turned towards Baekhyun. Chanyeol pouted for getting beaten up unfairly.

"Ah yes. I didn't know Chanyeol was heading to Gwangju too." Baekhyun said rubbing the back of his neck.

Suddenly Chanyeol was curious. Since he was excited that Baekhyun was gonna travel with him. He didn't get to ask why he came to Gwangju.

"Ohh really...Anyway you should visit our house too. Okay?" Mrs.Park asked smiling sweet making Baekhyun hard to say no. Somehow she reminded him of his mother too. Baekhyun nodded shyly.

"Where are you going? I'll drop you off on the way." Chanyeol said taking the car key from his mother.

"Ah it's okay. I'm just heading to a nearby Inn." Baekhyun said shaking his head.

"Eyy...You are going to stay at a Inn?" Mrs.Park asked surprised.

"It's alright...I am just going to stay the night." Baekhyun said reassuring.

"Then...Why don't you stay at our house? We have a empty room! You can use that." Mrs.Park said Excited. Chanyeol widened his eyes at his mother's idea.

Why did I think of that??

"A-Aniyo...I am fine. I'll just be a bother." Baekhyun refused shaking his head.

"Why would you be a bother? Aren't you Chanyeol's friend. Any friend of his is also like a son to me. So just stay with us for a while okay?"

"It's alright Baekhyun. You won't be a bother. My mom won't take no as an answer" Chanyeol said chuckling. Baekhyun wanted to refuse. But Mrs.Park looked at him with such earnest eyes, he possibly could never refuse.

"Alright..." Baekhyun said finally giving up.

Chanyeol did small victory dance in his head.

"Then let's go. You two must be hungry! I'll make you guys sometime when we reach home!" Mrs.Park said cheerful getting to their Car.

Staying at Chanyeol's house?

Somehow the thought made Baekhyun's heart race.

Wait...-What?

Is it because it's the first we are going to stay in the same place after we decided to be friends?

But why is my heart racing??

 

​​​​​​



Author's Note:

Hello fellow hoomans❤️.....I am really sorry for the late update....

And thank you so much to everyone who UpVoted, Subscribed and commented. All your comments really help me a lot~! Your support really motivates me a lot.

So I'll really try my best to update soon. My university is just really too messed up now. 😤. But I hope you guys will stay with me.

And Hope you all enjoyed the story~!!

See you soon!

Luv ya~!!