CHAPTER-17

Hello Manager

BAEKHYUN POV

"Ah! You guys are back!" Mrs.Park quickly took the ingredients from us and told us to wait in the living room.

"Chanyeol can you check the lights on the living room. The lights keep on flickering." Mrs.Park said pointing at the tube light before going into the kitchen.

"Yeah alright."

I looked at Chanyeol who was now changing the light.

Is it really you?

Earlier

"I don't know how, but Byul seems to like you a lot," Yoora said chuckling looking at us, as Byul tried to crawl on my lap. "And oddly it feels nice talking to you too..." Yoora said smiling sweetly. 

Smiling I nodded my head. "Me too..." Somehow...Speaking to her was really pleasant. It was a familiar feeling I couldn't point out.  

"Are you and Chanyeol close?" Yoora asked looking at me smiling. The sudden question got me off-guard.

Close?

Honestly, I still have no idea What kind of relationship we have. Are we acquaintances? Colleagues?.... Friends?

"Well- We are- um-" Before I could complete Yoora chuckled.

"I hope you guys are friends..." Yoora said sighing at the end. "It's nice to see him all excited after a long time," Yoora said laughing.

Chanyeol is excited? Because of me...?

The sudden thought made my heart skip a beat. 

What the-

"Chanyeol has always been alone ever since he was a kid..." She said smiling a little sad.

"He was a bright kid when he was little, but after our dad just left us...Chanyeol changed completely. With so much going on in the house...Chanyeol simply kept all the troubles to himself. Bottling all up at such a small age. I didn't even know he was being bullied...I could no longer see his real smile..." Yoora said her eyes glistening.

Chanyeol was bullied...?

Suddenly, I remembered when Chanyeol asked me if I had bullied anyone...

No way...did he really think I was some kind of a bully??

"And then suddenly one day I saw him smiling, His clothes were tattered but he was smiling. He said he found a new friend from Seoul...and they played for a week till that kid had to go back." Yoora said chuckling at the memory.

A sudden memory flashed before my eyes.

Wait- Why did I suddenly remember that kid...?

Loey...My first real friend.

Most of the kids wanted to be my friend just because of my family or money.

But Loey didn't care for those. He was a true friend of mine. Though it was just for a short period. The only other who treats me that way knowing my secret is Jongdae.

"But somehow he changed a little after that day..."

"And after we moved to Seoul, I once again saw a different Chanyeol. He looked a lot more lively." Yoora said smiling. "I guess that's thanks to you..." I widened my eyes surprised.

"Ah n-no! We weren't-" Friends? What am I supposed to say??

"Haha...I know. You two hated each other right?" Yoora asked smirking.

Wait-! How did she?

"I-I mean...We didn't Hate each other...just didn't get along well..." I said mumbling at the end.

I can't believe she noticed that!

"But how did you know?" I asked a little curious.

"I do remember you two trying to kill each other by just glaring... It looked pretty obvious. My mother is a little late to catch up on those things." Yoora said whispering the last part.

"But you guys are close now right? Or...At least you two are somewhat in between." Yoora said leaning back against the couch.

"We're trying...sort of..." I said looking down playing with my fingers.

"*sigh* Even though you are grown-ups, you guys are still acting like kids," Yoora said chuckling. I let out a small laugh along with her.

"Still...I can tell now...Chanyeol is happy to have you close to him now."

Does he... feel that way?

Unknowingly a smile crept upon my face.

Huh? Why do I feel...like this?

At the back of my head, one little thing was bothering me. Why did I suddenly get reminded of that kid, when Yoora mentioned Chanyeol? Somehow, the more I look at Chanyeol, the more I was reminded of Loey...

Huh?

Loey...

Loey...Loey...Yeol?

Wait- Chan Yeol??!

There's no way that small cute kid is this big Giant Yoda!!

"Ah, Chanyeol! You finally woke up!" Yoora called out grinning wide. I jumped up startled noticing Chanyeol...I felt my heart race a little.

E-Eyy... there's no way Loey is Chanyeol...?

"Yeah...Did you get some rest Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked me ignoring Yoora.

"Ah y-yeah..." I nodded giving a small smile.

When Mrs.Park suggested going out, I wanted to make sure I was right...

I looked around if the park was still there, where I met Loey.

"What happened?" Chanyeol asked confused.

"Oh...It's nothing..." I simply glossed over it. I realized that my house is quite nearby from here. Though not too close.

"Ah, that's the store right?" I quickly asked pointing at the store ahead and walking towards it. I turned around noticing Chanyeol not beside me.

"Yah Yoda! Aren't you coming?"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes smirking. "Coming, Smurf," he said sticking out his tongue.

"Real mature..." Now I rolled my eye chuckling. Well, he's sort of cute sometimes... 

Boya...What am I starting to think??

Soon we finished the shopping and headed out.

"Did we get everything?" I asked lifting the bag and checking the items. "Just the meat and we're done," Chanyeol said looking at the list in his hand.

"We'll need to go the other way to reach there," He said pointing at another path.

"Okay..."I shrugged walking ahead. I noticed Chanyeol was simply looking down. Once again we walked in silence.

His hair was a little messed up, somehow they were shining due to the moonlight. His curls were also coming back again. It's been a while since I saw his curly hair...

It looks fluffy...looks soft...

"So...Do you usually stay at an Inn when you come?" Chanyeol asked looking ahead suddenly breaking me from my thoughts.

Did I just think his hair looks soft...?!

"Uhh... Actually, I usually stay at my mother's house..." I said awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. "But my brother took the spare keys with him," I said sounding a little annoyed at the end. Seriously, If that idiot had given the key back, there wouldn't have been so much trouble...

but still somehow...It didn't feel so bad...Spending time with Chanyeol...

"You have a brother?" Chanyeol asked a little surprised. I quickly stopped in my tracks.

- I told about Beom...

It's not that I want to hide the fact that he's my brother...But more of the fact that I am related to the BBL family... I want nothing related to him.

"Baekhyun?" I looked at Chanyeol laughing awkwardly.

.

.

"Y-Yeah...My brother came here a few days earlier to visit our mom since he was gonna be busy..." I said rubbing the back of my neck. Well, I don't need to tell a lot about him...

"We usually stay at our mother's house. Since we can't take care of it from Seoul we gave the spare keys to our neighbor. And my brother had the original. But when he came, He forgot the original and took the spare key when he went back." I said annoyed rolling his eyes. I looked up to see Chanyeol laughing. 

That's...Cute...

"Well, I guess that's a good thing..." Chanyeol said putting my hand into his pockets.

Wait-

"What?"

Did he say it was a good thing??

Suddenly what Yoora mention popped in my head.

"Still...I can tell now...Chanyeol is happy to have you close to him now."

I suddenly felt my ears get hot.

"I I I mean! That...It's a good thing! Cause Cause...Byul met you! And he seems to like you! So yeah! That's what! Haha," Chanyeol said laughing flustered. 

"Okay?" I said a little confused trying to understand what he just said.

"Oh! That's the store." Chanyeol quickly pointed to the meat store and headed forward. He didn't speak much after that. We quickly bought the meat and left the store.

As we went ahead, I found the park I used to come to.

"Oh! It's here!" I said a little excited pointing at the park.

Wow...I can't believe it still looks the same!

"I used to come here and play when I came to see grandparents..." I said grinning looking around the park. This place brought back a lot of memory. 

I quickly sat on the swing and started swinging back and forth. Chanyeol slowly sat on the swing next to me.

As I watched Chanyeol...I got reminded of him a lot more.

"My house is three blocks away from here...I used to play here a lot." I said smiling. 

Should I...test him out?

"I even made a friend here the last time I came..." I said pausing a little, trying to observe Chanyeol's expression. I don't know why...but somehow I wanted it to be Chanyeol.

"He was smaller than me but really cute. I even fought some bullies for him." I said chuckling at the end. I still remember vividly how the boy was trembling behind me. 

"R-Really? Seems like you were a gangster since you were young." Chanyeol said laughing at the end. I quickly shot daggers at him a little annoyed and threw a punch on his arm.

"Ah! Yah!" Chanyeol winced in pain glaring back. I simply laughed at his expression.

"I did get in trouble with my brother...if he wasn't there I would have gotten beaten to a pulp too..." I said looking far ahead. Beom never let me alone after that day.

"Do you remember that boy's name? Maybe I would have known him." Chanyeol asked swinging back and forth.

Does he not remember...?

The sudden thought made me feel a little weird...

"I do remember... even though I met him when I was seven, he was a good memory. I am not sure if he remembers me though..." I said pouting.

Seriously...Does he not remember me??

or is it not him...?

"It was an odd name...Since He didn't really tell me his real name. It was...Loey! Did you know anyone called Loey?" I asked looking at Chanyeol a little hopeful.

Suddenly Chanyeol froze in the spot. Did he remember??

"Hello? Yah! Do you know him?" I asked again waving my hand in front of him.

"No...I don't know him..." Chanyeol said looking away.

Is he...trying to hide it?

"Ah...What a bummer... I thought I could see him again..." I sighed sounding a little disappointed.

"We should get going. Your mother must be waiting." I said glancing at my watch. 

"Y-Yeah! We Should get going." Chanyeol quickly stood up and walked ahead.

Is it you?

.
.
.

Next day morning.

Author's POV

Baekhyun adjusted his black suit looking at the mirror. Giving a small smile, Baekhyun ruffled his hair, settings his bangs. Picking his wallet and phone Baekhyun went out to the living room.

"Ah, are you ready?"

Baekhyun was a little surprised to see Chanyeol standing in a Black suit.

"Yeah...but I could go by myself you know..." Baekhyun mumbled looking away. Baekhyun was already a little guilty for bothering them.

"I told you not to fret over it." Chanyeol said rolling his eyes playfully.

"So now let's get going...we've got a train to catch in the evening." Chanyeol said throwing his keys up and down. Sighing Baekhyun nodded and got out.

"Uhhh...." Baekhyun looked a little surprised at the ride before him.

"Are we riding on that?" Baekhyun asked raising one of his eyebrows looking at the red Scooty pep before him. Chanyeol let out an awkward laugh scratching the back of his head.

"My sister had to head to Broadcast Centre suddenly, so she took the car. but Hey!- You are lucky to get to ride on this bad girl~" Chanyeol said smirking tapping his backseat. Baekhyun stared in disbelief.

"Hop on!" Chanyeol said throwing a helmet towards him and wearing his own. Baekhyun stumbled a little trying to catch the Helmet. Chuckling Baekhyun put on the helmet and hopped on behind Chanyeol.

"Hold on tight if you don't wanna break your bones~"

"I can balance wellll- Woah!" Baekhyun yelped, as he almost fell when Chanyeol raised a little forward.

"Yah! A little warning!!" Baekhyun yelled trying to calm his heart. Chanyeol burst out laughing at Baekhyun's reaction.

"This is why I told you to Hold on tight." Chanyeol said regaining from his laughter. Baekhyun let out a small huff and held the hem of Chanyeol's Shirt.

"Are you sure you don't wanna break your bones?" Chanyeol asked rolling his eyes.

"Fine!" Baekhyun said gritting his teeth as he s his arms around Chanyeol's waist. Chanyeol froze at the sudden contact.

That's when Chanyeol realized what he was going for.

Oh god...I didn't think this through....

Chanyeol could feel his heart beating against his chest. Worried Baekhyun could hear them.

"What are you waiting for? Let's get going." Baekhyun said

"Y-Yeah.." Chanyeol quickly snapped out and started the bike. Somehow Baekhyun felt nice hugging Chanyeol Riding a bike.

"Chanyeol! Can you stop at that flower shop!" Baekhyun spoke pointing ahead. Chanyeol nodded slowing his bike.

"Welcome! Oh, Chanyeol! It's been a while~" An elder woman welcomed smiling.

"Hello, Halmoeni! How are you? Jaehyun is here?" Chanyeol asked looking

"I am fine~ I am fine~ Jaehyun went to the academy." She said smiling wide. Baekhyun slowly followed in.

"Oh! And who is this? Is it your friend?" the grandma asked once again excited.

"Hello..." Baekhyun said shy bowing a little.

"Yeah...This is Baekhyun. We're just here to get some flowers."

"Then go ahead and choose. Ask me if you need anything else."

"I didn't know you were famous..." Baekhyun said a little amused. Chanyeol shrugged smiling.

Baekhyun started looking around which flower to pick. Baekhyun stared at the white lily. It was the one thing Baekhyun always bought.

"Purity and Rebirth." Baekhyun was startled at the sudden voice behind him. Baekhyun turned to see Chanyeol holding pink roses.

"I didn't know you knew about flowers." Baekhyun said impressed. Baekhyun always bought Lilies for his mother, hoping she's at a peaceful place and is living through someone making others happy...

"I used to come here a lot..."

"You must have been quite popular in school huh?" Baekhyun said a little bothered. A little annoyed at the thought of Chanyeol giving flowers to someone.

Wait- Why should I be annoyed? Hah! I am not annoyed.

"I bought flowers for Yoora." Chanyeol said chuckling at the end.

"Yoora?" Baekhyun asked confused. Since they always bicker, Baekhyun didn't expect Chanyeol to be sweet to her.

"She wasn't this lively before. Well, she did love to tease me a lot...but she was mostly bedridden. She used to have a very weak heart." Chanyeol said smiling sadly.

"So I used to give her a flower every time I visited the hospital when I was young..." Baekhyun was surprised to hear this about Yoora. Seeing her so lively, he never expected that had gone through so much. The thought of having someone you love in the hospital is just too much.

"Oh...I didn't know..." Baekhyun said a little embarrassed looking down.

"Don't worry! She got a heart transplant surgery long back. So She's really healthy now. That was one of the reasons we came to Seoul." Chanyeol said reassuringly, noticing Baekhyun's sullen expression.

"So what does that mean?" Baekhyun asked looking at the flower Chanyeol was holding. It looked a little familiar.

Chanyeol smiled staring at the Pink roses in his hand. "Thank you..."

"Who are you going to give it to?" Baekhyun asked curiously.

"For Someone who saved my sister...." Chanyeol said shrugging his shoulder. Chanyeol was 15, when Yoora had her surgery. Though he was happy that Yoora could get the surgery, he knew someone else lost their loved one too. 

Chanyeol knew it was against the rules to know about the donor...But somehow he found out the person's name and where they were resting in peace. Chanyeol was surprised when he found out that person was from Gwangju too.

"The person who donated their heart to Yoora is here too...I used to place these every time I come here." Chanyeol said looking at Baekhyun. 

"I am glad...Your sister is healthy now." Baekhyun said smiling softly. He realized Chanyeol must have gone through a lot. It brought a sudden pain to his chest. Chanyeol returned the smile grinning wide.

"Have you boys chosen the flowers?" The grandma asked smiling coming back from the storage room.

"Yes Halmoeni!!" Chanyeol shouted grinning wide. We soon paid for the flowers and left for the cemetery.

Both walked inside Chanyeol walking ahead.

"I'll go ahead, you should go meet your mother." Chanyeol said smiling.

"Oh, my mom is this way too..." Baekhyun said chuckling realizing they were walking the same way.

Chanyeol quickly found them and placed the flowers down. "Oh...I guess their family had visited them too..." Chanyeol said smiling sadly looking at the flower which was already there.

"It was so hard to find her...there wasn't any info on their family...just their name..."

Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun who stood frozen. "Baekhyun? Are you alright?" Chanyeol asked a little worried seeing Baekhyun look so shocked.

Baekhyun slowly looked up, his eyes glassy. "Baekhyun? Why are you-?" Before Chanyeol could finish, Baekhyun rushed towards him, hugging him tightly.

"Baek-"

"That's...my mother..." Baekhyun choked out, his voice shaking. Chanyeol stood stunned at the sudden information.

Chanyeol quickly wrapped his arms around Baekhyun trying to calm him down. His own eyes were starting to get blurry.

"B-Baekhyun..."

"I always wondered if the person who got my m-mom's heart was doing well...A-and now...I am really happy...really happy! That she's doing well." Baekhyun said trying to choke back his tears.

Chanyeol simply tightened his arms around the shorter, hoping to calm him down. Chanyeol had never seen Baekhyun cry but now seeing him so fragile broke Chanyeol into pieces.

After Baekhyun calmed down, Chanyeol released him. "Baekhyun are okay now?" Chanyeol asked carefully holding his hand. Taking a deep breath Baekhyun nodded. Baekhyun looked up smiling. Chanyeol let out a relieved breath seeing Baekhyun alright.

Chanyeol looked down and realized he was still holding Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun too looked down noticing their hands intertwined. Both quickly let their hands go a little embarrassed. Baekhyun finally came to his senses of what he did. 

"W-Why don't you stay with your mother for a while. I'll wait by the bike." Chanyeol said quickly walking ahead. Baekhyun too nodded clearing his throat. Baekhyun turned towards his mother and placed the flowers.

"I am here mom..." Baekhyun said softly. Seeing Chanyeol's flower Baekhyun remembered where he had seen it before. It was the same flower that was sent by the doctor who performed the last surgery. He remembered him saying the family who received her heart wanted to show their respects to her.

"So it was you huh.." Baekhyun said smiling softly. "Isn't our world so small mom?" Baekhyun asked chuckling. Baekhyun was already surprised that Chanyeol is Loey and now part of my mother is still living through Yoora.

Chanyeol stood leaning against his bike and staring at the sky. "How are our lives intertwined so much?" 

"Shall we go?" Chanyeol towards the sweet voice. Baekhyun somewhat looked a lot brighter than usual. "Hmm kre'! Let's head back." Chanyeol said smiling. 

.

.

.

"Did you get your wallet? Oh! And your phone? Your bag?-" 

"Mom! Don't worry...I got everything okay?" Chanyeol said sighing at his worried mother. "I am just worried okay??" Mrs.Park said pouting. Baekhyun chuckled at their interaction.

"Ah and Baekhyun...Here this is for you." Mrs.Park handed a small bag to Baaekhyun. Baekhyun looked at the bag confused.

"What is it Mrs.Park...?" 

"It seemed like you liked those bread I baked. So got some more ready for you!" Mrs.Park said excitedly. Baekhyun smiled wide thanking her. "I'll make sure to eat them well!"

"Mom...What about me?" Chanyeol asked pouting. "You eat all the time you come here!" Mrs.Park said rolling her eyes. Yoora burst out laughing at Chanyeol's Betrayed expression. 

Wow...how does her mood change so fast??

Chanyeol thought in disbelief. Baekhyun laughed along with Yoora. "Come visit again Baekhyun, Byul is going to miss you a lot." Yoora said waving Byul's hand. Baekhyun chuckled nodding. "Sure." Baekhyun understood why he felt at such ease and the familiar feeling with Yoora.

"Oh and Chanyeol!" Yoora called Chanyeol closer. "Next time you bring Baekhyun over, you better make him my Brother-in-law." Yoora whispered making Chanyeol blush beet red.

"Okay!! Then we'll get going now, or else we're gonna miss the train." Chanyeol said quickly trying to his blushed face.  Baekhyun looked confused at the taller's odd behavior...Soon All bid their goodbyes and both the managers went into the train station.

Taking their seats in the train Baekhyun let out a huge breath. This was a trip Baekhyun never forget in his life. Chanyeol too sat next to him after placing their bags above their heads.

Suddenly being alone with Chanyeol, Baekhyun remembered how he cried and hugged Chanyeol at the cemetery. His cheeks were now blazing hot. 

Omg! I can't believe I did something like that!!

Baekhyun quickly covered his face embarrassed. "Baekhyun? What happened?" Chanyeol asked confused seeing him act weird. Baekhyun looked up seriously.

"What happened...at the cemetery...Don't bother much okay. It was just spur of the moment..." Baekhyun mumbled looking down.

"Oh, when you started crying and hugged me-mmph!" Baekhyun covered Chanyeol's mouth, stopping him from speaking more.

"yes! Yes! that..." Baekhyun whisper yelled biting his teeth. Chanyeol let out muffled laughter. "It's okay...I didn't mind that..." Chanyeol said smiling staring into Baekhyun's eye. Baekhyun felt a sudden beat in his heart. 

Wh-What was that?

"Get some shut-eye...Our Schedule is gonna be hectic again..." Chanyeol said stretching his arms. 

That feeling....was quite weird...



AUTHOR NOTE

And here is my promised Chapter~!!

And Phew~ Weren't there a lot of things in this chap~~

So finally~! The Hometown trip is over...And it has been a very important trip for both our managers. 

Now we got to wait and see how this new information is gonna change their relation. 

Hope you like this chapter and Thank you to everyone who commented, voted, and Subcribed~!! 

Luv ya~~!!!