Summer Retreat 2014 (Day 2/3)

The guy who broke my heart

Your POV-

At the first bond fire (of the first night)

campfire-cabin-chair-night-fall – Your Connection to Wildlife

You had just arrived with Irene and Jennie as everyone had been passing out sticks and marshmallows so that everyone could make smores.

(Jennie)-(notices you looking sad)-"hey bestie you good?"

(You)-I honestly don't know anymore, I just want this day to be over (you said leaning on her shoulder)

(Jennie)-If he won't take the time to notice you then he's not worth it 

(You)-Yeah you're right, hey where did Irene go? she was just here

While you were talking about the whole Sehun dilemma with Jennie, Irene had made her way to sit next to Jinyoung as the two were all smiley and acting like a couple as they were both sharing a blanket.

(You)-Oh come on, why do they have to be so adorable? I want that (you said in a jealous tone)

(Jennie)-Hey you're not the only one without a man this retreat (she says giving you a hug to comfort you)

(You)-yeah but once we go back home you'll at least have a man waiting for you

(Jennie)-You really liked him huh?

(You)-Yeah but I mean you heard what Sejeong said earlier, I guess our story ends here.

After a couple of minutes everyone was told to return back into their cabins since it was almost midnight.

However you stayed back to help clean up a bit and realized it had gotten a little chilly which made you shiver.

That was when you suddenly felt a tap on your shoulder.

(Sehun)-Hey wear this if you're cold (he says putting his jacket over your shoulders)

(You)-Uhm thanks (you said as he then walked past you, acting like nothing happened)

(Your thoughts)-"what just happened? why did he just do that?...how come he didn't give his jacket to Sejeong?"

You then proceeded to enter the dorms and went into the bathroom before going to your bed while still wearing his jacket since the blankets weren't enough to keep you warm. 


The next morning

To everyone's luck it had been raining all morning and up until the afternoon, so the professor decided that we should head back into town to go look around the markets and eat lunch.

The town we entered looked something like this:

Leavenworth — CDRPA Front St | Leavenworth | United States | Washington | AFAR

There were ice cream shops and lots of tourist spots to take pictures, which is what we ended up doing for the most part as a class.

During the free time however, Irene, Jennie, and I went to get ice cream and that was when I noticed that Sehun was sitting alone.

The professor noticed this and asked one of us to be his "buddy" since we weren't supposed to be traveling around the area by ourselves.

Of course Jennie and Irene moved closer to the line so that you would be stuck as his partner.

(Your thoughts)-Oh come on this .

As the two of you moved closer to the register line to order that's when Sehun somehow knew your favorite ice cream flavor and decided to pay for the two of you.

(You)-How'd you know what my favorite flavor was?

(Sehun)-I heard you and your friends talking about what flavors you wanted earlier so I just took note of it.

(You)-(just nods)

You and Sehun then got your ice cream cones and headed out of the store naturally and of course Irene and Jennie were okay with that.

(Sehun)-You know I kind of missed spending time with you (he says out of the blue)

Before you could respond to his comment however, the teacher had interrupted your thoughts by yelling out his announcement.

(Professor)-All right everyone we're now going to get into groups of 3-5 people to go on the horse carriage rides so get into groups of your choice

Making immediate eye-contact with Irene and Jennie you went towards them and Sehun ended up being pulled away by Sejeong...like where did she come from?

Being in another group the two of you ended up in different carriages, but nonetheless you still had a great time with your friends despite smelling some of the horse poop along the way.

(Irene)-Hey what was that with Sehun earlier?

(You)-What do you mean? we just got ice cream together and talked a bit

(Jennie)-you two looked happy together to say the very least, unlike when he's with Sejeong

(You)-I doubt that he looked happier with me than with Sejeong

(Irene)-Well look for yourself, does he look like he's enjoying his time with her (she says directing your eyes to the other carriage across from you, where it looked as if he was tired of taking selfies with Sejeong)

(You)-Trust me he likes her, I saw the way they were at the bond fire last night

(Jennie)-That may be true but at least he ended up giving his jacket to you, which means he cares more about you than he does about her. Tell me I'm wrong Irene.

(Irene)-She's right, look at how he's more observant and caring towards you since the beginning. By my guess he's just a really nice guy or he's into you!

(You)-If what you both say is true then how home he's never spoken to me once when we got back from the spring retreat? Other than saying "hi" I mean since that doesn't really count as anything anymore.

(Irene)-That's why you need to tell him how you feel tonight, we'll make sure Sejeong isn't there to bother the two of you before the fireworks festival.

(You)-Alright I guess I got nothing to lose (you said faintly smiling)


At the festival

Leavenworth Bavarian Village in Leavenworth, Washington - Kid-friendly  Attractions | Trekaroo

Irene and Jennie had a plan to keep Sejeong busy by hanging out with her, so that Sehun would eventually make his way towards you by one of the bridges.

But to your disappointment, the only time Sehun came to you was to ask if you had seen Sejeong anywhere to which you ended up saying yes, as he looked worried.

The two of you then head towards where Irene and Jennie were and saw that Sejeong wasn't feeling well.

(Sehun)-Sejeong-ah I'm here

Sejeong then runs towards Sehun and the two end up leaving together, and that was when you had gotten your answer.

Everyone then headed back inside the van headed to the cabins after a long day.


(Epilogue)-Back at the girl's dorm

Looking at Sehun's jacket on your bed, you decided that it would be best to give it to someone who deserved it.

So you then went to Sejeong and lied that Sehun wanted to give it to her

(Sejeong)-Omg really?! oppa is the best (she says taking the jacket from your hands)

To be continued