In the present pt.7

The guy who broke my heart

The next day at the office

You ended up coming to work wearing sunglasses since you hadn't gotten any sleep from the previous night and couldn't help but notice the fact that Sehun didn't show up to work.

You would've called in sick but being an intern that would only make you look worse to your managers and supervisors who will think that you don't take your job seriously if you even miss a day.

You made your way to your desk at one peace and the moment you sat down your co-workers immediately pulled their chairs next to your desk to do your hair and makeup.

(Co-worker 1)-Alright spill who did this to you?

(Co-worker 2)-It was obviously Sehun's doing I mean look at her eye bags, did he break up with you?

(You)-No he left the restaurant when my friend suddenly confessed their feelings for me and I haven't heard from him since

(Co-worker 1 and 2)-WAIT WHAT?

(You)-Shh not so loudly!

(Co-worker 1)-Girl how do you have 2 guys in your life? teach me your ways!

(Co-worker 2)-Alright well let's focus back on the issue here, so what are you going to do about Sehun? I suggest leaving him if he can't even stand up to a guy that's trying to ask you out.

(You)-What if I got the two of them to become friends instead of enemies?

(Co-worker 1)-What do you mean by that? 

(You)-I mean that I should trick the two of them to hang out for a day so they'll finally get along and I will get my boyfriend and friend back. Do you both think this is a good idea?

(Co-worker 2)-How are you so sure that they won't end up ripping each other's head off?

(Co-worker 1)-I know this will be an un-popular opinion but why not just date both of them?

(You and your other co-worker then look at co-worker 1 with a look that says: "hell no")

Regardless of your co-workers and Irene and Jennie's opinion you decided to go on with your plan, and decided to sent both Sehun and Mark the same text message to meet you at a certain location at a specific time (but the twist is that you won't be showing up).

Here's the message you sent:

Hey we need to talk about what happened, meet me on Saturday at this cafe. I hope you can make it!


On Saturday

Sehun ends up arriving first to the cafe thinking you would be waiting on him, but to his surprise he sees Mark sitting alone looking as if he's waiting for someone.

Sehun then walks over to sit next to Mark and asks him a question: "did you get the same text message?"  (he says showing him his phone)

(Mark)-So she tricked us, well I'm off then (he says about to leave but Sehun stops him)

(Sehun)-You can't even pretend to like me for my girlfriend's sake?

(Mark)-Girlfriend? You think after you left her she would still want to be with you? Plus she rejected me anyway so it doesn't matter if she hates me now

(Sehun)-Did you ever even have intentions to stay her friend in the first place? I know you were just trying to get on her good side.

(Mark)-Yeah so? it's not like I was ever her first choice

(Sehun)-What do you mean by first choice?

(Mark)-I've liked Y/N since that summer retreat but she was only looking your way, despite the fact that you were with Sejeong still at the time, no matter how hard I tried I never got her attention. Meanwhile you her first choice could care less about her.

(Sehun)-She liked me back then?

(Mark)-Are you kidding? she did anything to spend time with you but you never noticed..why do you think she left camp early that year?

(Sehun)-That doesn't make any sense she never told me anything 

(Mark)-Not everything needs to be spoken for it to be true, if you really took the time you see the love in her eyes when she looks at you, you would've known that sooner.

(Sehun)-I really don't deserve her huh?

(Mark)-Good to see that you are now realizing where you stand, but considering the fact that she still loves you I think you need to tell her how much of a bad boyfriend you've been. Once that plan fails give me a call (he says while leaving)


Later that night

You were just chilling in your apartment with Jennie and Irene while watching some Korean dramas and just gossiping about girl stuff.

(Irene)-So you think Sehun and Mark are enjoying their bromance date?

(You)-I hope so

(Jennie)-You know I'm impressed that you managed to charm two guys at once

(You)-Trust me it's not that great as it sounds, it's more stressful than entertaining since you have to reject one of them and leave them to be heartbroken.

(Irene)-Not to be rude but does Sehun even like you the way you like him? Since he literally just left you in that restaurant with Mark without contacting you for days, that to me doesn't sound like a good boyfriend.

(You)-I'm starting to question our relationship myself

Before you could finish your train of thoughts you heard a knock on your door.

You ended up opening a door to Sehun and told your roommates to hide in their rooms.

(You)-Yah what are you doing here? it's late you should go home

(Sehun)-We need to talk (he says in a serious tone that slightly scared you)

(You)-okay go ahead (you said letting him enter your apartment)

Will Sehun finally apologize for his behavior? or will he leave you with further disappointment?

To be continued