Summer Retreat 2014 (Day 1/3)

The guy who broke my heart

Writer's POV-

I know what you're all probably wondering, did Y/N and Sehun finally become closer after that retreat?

Short answer is no and the long answer is things basically went back to normal, it was as if the moments they shared from that retreat never even happened. As everyone forgot about Sehun beating up a guy for her and the teasing of Y/N's weight went away as well. It's like they went back in time before the retreat was planned.

But don't be disappointed as there will be more interactions during the summer retreat of that same year!


Your POV-

Welcome back to my very boring life.

We've just finished freshman year of high school and now as a reward the school has offered us a budget to go on another retreat for the summer.

I honestly didn't have plans to go at first but figured it would be better than staying at home all day.

Also for an update on the whole Jenkai situation, they are still together and remain in the honeymoon stage which basically means that Irene and I have been third-wheeling for days.

As for Sehun, although we would say hi to each other occasionally we didn't have much to talk about to keep the conversation going. So we've just remained as classmates. 


The night before the retreat

(Irene)-Have you finished packing yet? 

(You)-Yeah I packed like 2 shirts, 2 hoodies, and 2 pairs of pants and underwear of course

(Irene)-What no cute clothes? there might be cute guys there since we're going with different high school this time

(You)-Yeah no thanks I'm going for vacation not a blind date

(Irene)-Is this because of the whole Sehun thing from our last retreat? Do you have feelings for him now? come on you can tell me if you do (she says while laying down on your bed on her stomach)

(You)-What no! That's ridiculous I mean you've seen how we've been acting at school since then, trust me if something was supposed to have happened it would've already. But if I'm being completely honest I did have a slight crush on him like after the retreat since he was in one my dreams that happened to be a romantic one.

(Irene)-Why am I just hearing about this? tell me tell me!

(You)-I don't remember much of it but the only thing that was clear to be was that he was the one giving me a backhug, as I recognized the hoodie he was wearing when he was playing basketball and I don't know why he was even in my dreams. Does this mean I like him?

(Irene)-How do you want to feel about him? 

(You)-I mean I thought we would be little closer after what happened but it feels as if we've just gone backwards. But then again I shouldn't expect anything from him considering we were strangers before that spring retreat.

(Irene)-Well why don't you go ahead and tell him how you feel during this retreat? you never know if he'll feel the same way about you come on I'll help you! (she says while smiling widely)

(You)-No thanks, I'm going to bed since we have to up by 7am (you said while turning off the lights)


The next morning

Your parents dropped both you and Irene off at campus and met up with your other classmates near the parking lots, while waiting for the buses to come.

(Jennie)-Hey guys! (she says waving at you and Irene)

(Irene)-Did you have fun with Kai last night?

(Jennie)-Yeah we spent the night watching a movie

(You)-Really and that was all? (you said while you and Irene looked at her like judgemental parents)

(Jennie)-Of course that was all! Geez calm down your minds (she says blushing)

Thankfully enough the buses then showed up in that moment and guess what? Everyone had to sit with their assigned seating partners from the other school. 

(Professor)-Alright now everyone listen carefully to who you are paired up with and then go sit in your assigned seat

Here are the names of the students who were paired together:

- Irene and Jinyoung (got7)

- Jennie and Mino (Winner)

- You and Peniel (Btob)

- Sehun and Sejeong (don't hate me I just didn't know who else to pair him with)

After pouting at both Jennie and Irene you three split ways and sat down at your seats.

To make matters worse, Sehun and Sejeong were placed in the seat right in front of you which meant that you had to watch the two flirt for 2 hours. It's like God was punishing you for all your sins on one day.

Other than being loud with his friends sitting near him, Peniel was actually very fun to talk to during the car ride as he would crack jokes with you and show you funny videos.

You had also gotten closer with him and his friends Minhyuk and Sungjae.

Meanwhile with Irene and Jinyoung- let's just say it was a full on k-drama for them

(Cue the pink petals falling)

Since as soon as Irene sat next to him he had given her his jacket to cover her legs since she was wearing a skirt without saying a word.

She then ended up falling asleep on his shoulder which is rare since Irene has never been close with any of the guys at your school.

Like who is she anymore?


2 hours later-

Here's what the camping site roughly looked like:

Accommodations at Log Cabin Resort | Olympic National Park & Forest WA 

Let's just say that everyone was disappointed that we weren't near a lake or anything so all the summer activities we've imagined doing were off the list.

(Professor)-All right so the theme of our retreat for the summer was to enjoy the outdoors more so in honor of that we'll be taking hikes during the day, and ending our nights with a bondfire.

While everyone was heading into the room you couldn't help but be bothered by how close Sehun and Sejeong looked.

(Irene)-You okay honey?

(You)-Yeah I will be (you say lying to yourself)

Shortly after putting our stuff down on our bunk beds we all had to then change into athletic wear to go on our first hike.

So yeah to tell you the short story the hike destroyed everyone as you came back drenched in sweat and collapsed on your bed

(You)-Ugh everything hurts

(Jennie)-They totally just sent us here to torture us

(Irene)-Those girls better hurry up I need to shower! (she says banging on the bathroom door)

But guess who came back into the cabin looking perfect? No one other than Sejeong since Sehun basically carried her the entire hike.

Sejeong then proceeds to come towards your bed to ask you this:

(Sejeong)-Unnie you're close with Sehun oppa right?

(You)-Not really, why do you ask?

(Sejeong)-No other reason since that's not what the whole camp thinks. Everyone knows what happened between you two.

(You)-Well its a no from me, who are you going to believe?

(Sejeong)-Well then I guess it's safe to tell you that I plan on going out with him so I suggest you never talk to him again. (she says while smiling as she walks away)

Will you listen to Sejeong's request and stay away from Sehun? Or will the two of you end up spending time together nonetheless?

To be continued