Chapter 6

OVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

"Mina?"

"She's..." Chaeyoung can't look at Momo. It's been two weeks since Mina last visited Momo. "Busy. Busy with her work."

That made Momo looks so down. She misses Mina.

Chaeyoung wants to know why suddenly Mina has been avoiding her, and Momo. But she's too busy with her own work that she can't find time to confront Mina.

She's been worried for Momo.

Momo is coming back to her loneliness. She's been hearing Momo crying on her room calling for Sana every night. That's  after Momo's Mom came. Momo is getting back with her pain.

"I'll be going home late tonight, please eat, hmn?" Chaeyoung reminded, but didn't get any respond from Momo.

Chaeyoung sighs.

She doesn't want to go to work with this Momo being gloomy, but she doesn't have any choice. Instead, she gets her phone texting Mina.

'Momo is looking for you again. She's sad. I hope you can visit her today.'

This do hurt Chaeyoung.

That Mina is the only one who can help Momo feel better.  Chaeyoung knows she can't do anything about this. She's not Sana, nor Mina.

Right now she is just, Momo's bestfriend.
 

 

 

 

Mina received the text from Chaeyoung. She's worried too, but she needs to ignore it.

She's been finding a reason to stay away from Momo. She's even been doing things she doesn't like just for her thoughts to be busy and to not think of Momo at all.

Here she is, staring at the high mountain she was about to hike.

 

"Oh? Aren't you're that girl? The one with Momo. Chaeyoung's girlfriend, right?"

 

Mina turns her head, seeing the girl she met before with Momo.

"Annyeong, I'm Nayeon. Im Nayeon. And that is my girlfriend, Yoo Jeongyeon."

Mina blinks her eyes three times, thinking how could this happen right now. She's baffled, she didn't know this girl is Jeongyeon's girlfriend.

Jeongyeon approaches them inspecting the girl with Nayeon.

"Mina?" She calls really surprised seeing a girl who loves to stay at her house.

"J-Jeongyeon Unnie." Mina calls back. And it made Nayeon glance back & forth to the two, realizing...

"Ahh... right!" She laughs at her dumbness. "Why did I even introduce her to you? You probably know each other. I was away for a long time on U.S that's why I never met you. Hope we can be friends too." Nayeon proposes, and Mina just smiled on her awkwardly. 

"Why are you here? Gonna climb mountain too? Where is Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon asked.

Now Mina is regretting, thinking that her coming here is not a good idea.

She came here to lessen her thoughts, but now she's stuck with this two people who knows Chaeyoung and Momo.

"A- I'm alone. Just wanted to find new hobby."

"Really, then let's climb together." Nayeon offers already clinging into Mina's shoulder, by that Mina knows she can't take it down.

 

They did climb together.

 

They couldn't climb that high because it seems like it is going to rain. The three of them rent a house to spend their night.

Now, Mina is on a big bench, lying on it while looking at the gloomy sky. She's just doing it for a long time, until she felt another one joining her from lying down there.

Mina didn't mind it. They stayed in silence for a while.

 

"I heard you're helping Momo to recover."

By that, Mina's thoughts is filled with Momo again. Momo.  Just Momo.

"Thank you. And we're sorry you need to do this."

Mina stayed quiet. She didn't know what to say since she doesn't feel like she deserves that thank you. She has been avoiding Momo for weeks.

"I know your situation with Chaeyoung. But please try to continue to understand her. Out of us, Chaeyoung has been suffering too."

Mina laughs bitterly hearing that.

"I know. I've been trying to understand her Jeongyeon Unnie. For many years." Mina answered, recalling how she also suffered when Chaeng cries on her.

Mina then felt Jeongyeon sitting up. So, she did too.

"Chaeyoung-ah, was the only one who stayed for Momo."

Mina heard Jeongyeon's voice wavering,  she turns her head seeing Jeongyeon preventing herself from crying.

"I always feel so bad for Chaeyoung. When Momo was suffering and so angry at us she never left Momo alone. Even though Momo is furious on what we did back then, sometimes she even physically hurt her , but Chaeyoung didn't leave and take it all without any complains unlike us. I really feel ashamed. Because we left."

Mina knew all that. They left Chaeyoung alone, and she's the only one who stayed when Chaeyoung was suffering.

"We give up on Momo. We are the reason why Momo is suffering, but we can't even help her move on. Chaeyoung said Momo is not angry at us anymore but, I don't think I can ever face her again."

But this is something Mina didn't know. She never knows the reason, why Chaeyoung was sorry for Momo. What did they actually did back then. All that she knows is Sana died. Momo is suffering because of that. But why do everyone on Momo's life is blaming their selves?

"I should've said it to Momo. We should've not kept it a secret from Momo. Sana is dying from leukemia but we never said it to Momo. We know it from the very start but we chose to hide it."

"You know that's it's Sana's wish. That's why we did that." Nayeon suddenly join. Like she has been listening the whole time.

Mina on the other hand, is slowly completing the puzzle. But she hopes not to get all the pieces. Because she is hurting, knowing one by one of Momo's pain.

"I know. We promised Sana not to say but, looked what happened. I can't even show myself to Momo now. Coz I can't forget how Momo cried nonstop for more than a week when she got to know that Sana is gone. She looks hopeless. She locked herself on her room. She did not go on Sana's last memorial just because she wanted to believe that Sana is still alive. That Sana did not leave, because she never said goodby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter