Chapter 6

OVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Good afternoon Mrs. Hirai." Mina stands and bow to greet Momo's mom, who just entered her own office. They have been waiting inside for her.

"M-Mom." Momo greeted too.

Momo's mom smiled on them as a response on goes to her small drawer to put her lab coat.

"Momo, will you just stay here in my office for a while. I will just take Mina with me. I need to talk to her and her dad at the same time but he don't have any strenght to go here now."

"C-Can't I just go with you?"

"No. This is a family matter so you need to stay out of this for a while Momo." Momo's mom seriously stated, doesn't want Momo to be so emotional on simple things like this.

Mina then holds Momo's hand to make her calm for a moment. She knows Momo has been getting worried and nervous at the same time. She's probably not used to this that's she wants to stay with Mina 24/7.

"I think it won't take time. Just wait here, hmn?" Mina gave an assured smile before she let go of Momo's hand, and approaches Momo's Mom.

Momo couldn't do anything now, and just sit back again on the chair.

They left Momo there, unsettled.

She keeps thinking and thinking. She is getting insane waiting the whole time.

"Uhm... Where is the CEO, Dr. Hirai?" Momo didn't even look up when someone opens the door and just talks to her in her Mom's office. Her mind is busy with something else.

"Talking to a patient out there." She replies uninterested.

"R-Really? Then what are you doing here? This room is for only allowed personnel. You can't just stay here when the owner is not around."

Momo felt a little annoyed on the girl.

"Then what are you still doing here? Go, I just said she's not here. This office is my Mom's office so I am allowed here. Happy?"

The girl was taken aback by that. As she didn't know Dr. Hirai has a daughter.

"S-Sorry." The girl muttered trying to look at Momo's face. But since Momo is actually not looking at her, she couldn't take a proper look.

"But please pass this message on her. She's not replying on my text nor answering my calls. She must've left her phone somewhere so please just say that I need to talk to her regards the VIP patient on my care. Dr. Chou Tzuyu is my name. Please make sure to say that."

The girl waited on Momo's response but didn't get any. Her phone vibrated already so she needed to go and just trust Dr. Hirai's daughter to pass the message for her.

 

 




 

"Mina!" Momo almost shouted as the door opens with her Mom. But she hasn't seen Mina around.

"W-Where is Mina?" She asked still in worry.

"Relax. She stayed on her dad's side. Since I need to talked to you alone now. Sit."

Both Momo and her Mom then seated across to each other. Momo watches her Mom doing something on her computer for a while.

"Uhm... A doctor came earlier. She said she's Dr. Chou Tzuyu?"

"Ah... I know it already." Her mom answers still busy on her computer.

When her mother gets done, she faced Momo with a straight face. Making Momo felt uneasy about it.

"Mina just signed you as her guardian."

"W-What? Me?" Momo was really surprised on this.

"Her dad can't make it for long to take care of Mina. So, I asked them for another guardian but they said no one."

"No one?" Momo is a little confused on that.

"Mina, she only has you now. So, I need to pay attention to everything I say. As a guardian of Mina, I need your consent for everything. Do you understand?" Momo's Mom already knew how it would be so hard for Momo. But she needed to act as Mina's doctor now and not to give sympathy of what would Momo would feel.

"Well, you need to. Now listen. I will explain Mina's case now."

Momo tries to pay attention more, as they are going to talk about Mina's health.

"Mina has an Acute lymphoblastic leukemia. This leukemia progress quickly and Mina actually let that happen. I'm amaze on how she can still manage to smile and hide the pain by this time. But Mina, she's worsened."

Momo is already getting angry at this situation now.

"W-What do you mean?" But she can still compose herself, just by thinking of Mina.

"Right now, we are still examining if Mina got infections already. Mina, needs to be treated immediately. I will schedule her chemotherapy already after your approval. Treatments include radiation therapy. Additional treatments such as maybe used based on Mina's prior condition. But the thing is, it is highly recognizable that Mina needs a Bone marrow transplant. But for her case, it will be hard to find a match donor for her right now."

Momo widens her eyes.

"What do you mean? W-What is it? Can't I be the donor?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter