Chapter 2

OVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


CHAEYOUNG'S POV

 

"Mina. Where is she?" I asked as soon as I saw Jihyo on her bar, and she immediately laughs, mocking me. I know she always hated me, and I can't blame her.

"It took you so, so, so, so, long, to search her from me Chaeyoungie." She sarcastically said,  but I don't actually have time for her trying to nag me.

"Just tell me where she is. Don't tell me you didn't know. That wouldn't be really convincing, Jihyo Unnie." She rolled her eyes, sighing.

"She's... " Jihyo chuckled bitterly, before she looks away from me. I don't know why it suddenly feels different. "Why don't we go to my office first?" She offers, and I don't see any reason why we still need to go there.

"Why don't you just say it? I'm rushing here. I need to talk to her." I opposed, but she just laughs at me.

"You can't go there at this hour anyway. You will just disturb her. So, just please... Follow me." She ordered me, walking out. I sigh, don't have any choice but to follow her at her office. She seated on the sofa which I also did, across her.

"So, where is she?" I asked crossing my arms on her, getting impatient already.

"She's, at the hospital." She said seriously. And I don't know how to react on that. Nothing comes into my mind, except for this one probably reason on why she was there.

"So, she's taking care of her stepdad now?" I said, remembering that her stepdad has been staying on the hospital because of cancer. But Jihyo laughs at me again, which I find really disturbing.

"It's not her stepdad why she's there. Mina, is the one who's sick." That made me confused.

"Sick? What sickness does she have that she needed to stay on the hospital?" Really confused, because Mina hates hospital.

"Leukemia."

Uhm? What is she trying to tell me. Why, is she talking like I can understand her puzzle way of explaining.

"She has Leukemia."

"W-what?" I muttered unthoughts. Did I, heard it right?

"Mina is sick. She's been sick the whole time but no one of us know. Mina, hided it to us. NO! She hided it to herself."

"W-What?" I still can't comprehend.

"Before Mina came home from Busan, she texted me to visit her on her condo so she could give the souvenir she gets for me. So, I came as soon as she said she on her way coming back. But then I was shocked seeing her condo's door slightly opened, thought she got robbed but then as I entered, I just saw her there, on the floor, unconscious."

I instantly lost myself. This can't be happening. No... Leukemia? This is, impossible.  This is one in a million situation I won't accept. This isn't true. But looking at Jihyo, made me felt that it is real. Why do Jihyo's expression right now, is really convincing.

"S-She's been sick before we came back because of the roller coaster she rode which made her get motion sickness. Maybe that's why.... Right, that could be a reason, why she fainted-"

"It's not about that!" Jihyo just glared at me. I felt my heart beating so fast. I am nervous. I am afraid. 

"The doctors already examined her. I made then double check it as soon as they said it to me. Mina, is sick. Severely sick, and she let it go over her body for so long. She shouldn't be out taking care of you. Or taking care of that Momo. She should be taking care of herself but now, it is too late."

I felt a tear falling out on my eyes. I chuckled. Why do I just keep on crying on my whole life?

"Mina. She's dying."

Momo. All that keeps repeating on my mind is Momo Unnie.

Why? Now that I thought I can break free from everything. I thought everything will be settled now. Momo Unnie, she can't experience this again. I see it on her eyes. I see Mina in her eyes. So, this isn't real. This can't be real. Because if this is real?

 

Momo is going to die. She can die, from the same pain again. She will be broken, again.

 

What do I do? I'm afraid.
 

 

 

I didn't know why I still couldn't believe this though I am already here now at the hospital, standing outside Mina's VIP room for a long time.

I just, can't go and open this door. I'm afraid to see Mina, lying on her bed, being so weak. But I don't have a choice. This is why I came here.

I sigh deeply. And force myself a smile before I open the door. Didn't know I will be shocked seeing her casually seating at the sofa, like she's not sick at all peeling an apple. I just suddenly let out a laugh. Yeah right. Mina, is so strong. I should've known it.

"Chae-" She stops. She couldn't even call my name completely. She must've didn't expect me here. "How did you-"

"Jihyo." I simply said, entering and approaching on her.

"I see." She defeatedly uttered, as she knows she can't do anything now that I already know. I seated beside her, taking the knife from her and started to peel the apple for her. I snicker, being in a shame right now. I never done this before for her. I'm really so selfish before.

"Now I know why you suddenly disappeared." I uttered, smiling on her. I need to smile. I also need to be strong for her. We gone so much through together too. Now I want to give back all of her help from before, even though it's almost late.

She looks at me, I saw her eyes waver, but then still manage to smile on me. How can you be this selfless? You deserve happiness, and now I'm the one who will swear for a promise. I want to put a genuine smile on you again. And I know how. I will give it to you.

"Heard you actually confessed on Momo."

Even if it means Momo Unnie needs to experience it twice. I am going to leave her on you. I know you can handle. You're different, from Sana.

I trust you, Mina.

 

 

I can't sleep, maybe because I know that when Momo Unnie wakes up, Mina is going to tell her.

100 days, that's what Mina needed, to get ready for this day. I'm afraid, for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter