Of bracelets and Bluetooth speakers

Leave the light on (for me)

Yoongi refuses to take an overly eager Jeongguk under his wing. Thanks god. Taehyung is not sure he would've been ready for the headache that is his boyfriend entering the path of a professional hacker.

They chat some more about their self-cooked food, Jeongguk graciously giving all of his japchae to Taehyung and limiting himself to the dakbokkeum tang. Which may or may not earn him a quick peck on the cheek. Leave it to his boyfriend to play knight in shining armor and save Taehyung from the misery of eating spicy food. (He's so in love.)

But then chef Wang tastes Yoongi's food and Taehyung is absolutely shocked by what he says.

"You may have a foul mouth but you sure know your way around the kitchen, Mr. Min. I have nothing left to tell you."

He stares at his old friend in betrayal.

"You can cook?!"

Yoongi snorts.

"Wouldn't you like to know..."

It just seems to validate Jeongguk's high opinion he so fast developed for the hacker, if the way he looks at Yoongi with big round eyes is anything to go by. Should Taehyung be worried?

They bicker around for a bit longer until their conversation reaches a whole new level of intensity as the name 'Park Jimin' drops.

"At least he has the decency to drop by every now and then. Your face, on the other hand, I haven't seen since you quit your last job."

"He is a model, his job is to travel around, of course he would have the possibility to visit you-"

"We literally live in the same city, Taehyung-ah. I call bull."

Jeongguk pouts. "Why does everybody suddenly know that little pest?", he mumbles.

Yoongi still catches the words, and uh-oh. Taehyung watches with bated breath how his friend's gaze turns sharp, a hint of ice entering his eyes.

"Jeon Jeongguk, you better not call him that ever again."

The way Yoongi says it so calmly makes it just the more threatening.

Taehyung gulps.

Maybe he should've told his boyfriend in advance that Yoongi has the biggest crush on his model friend since forever...

 

 

Their conversation eventually gets cut short as chef Wang starts ushering them to clean up everything and then go home.

The short time  they spent together still gives Taehyung a good feeling, like he caught up well with his old friend. And maybe Jeongguk found a new friend tonight.

(Maybe the world is not prepared for that friendship. Taehyung has the distinct feeling the two of them are a very dangerous combination.)

They bid their goodbyes to the hacker, with Jeongguk having a new phone number in his pocket and Taehyung having made a promise to meet up again soon.

And then it's just the two of them again, lingering with their backs leaned against Taehyung's car, stalling. Jeongguk still hasn't deemed it necessary to pull his sleeves back down. So here they are, Taehyung blatantly staring and Jeongguk pretending he doesn't notice, seemingly just chilling and gazing into the distance. 

...Yeaaah, because Taehyung absolutely buys that.

But he'll give the younger his moment.

The parking lot is empty of other people, a few other cars scattered over the level. Warm summer air humid on their skin even that late in the evening. At least it's not as scorching as it was during lunch, Taehyung thinks. Small mercies. He can't wait for summer to be over. On second thought though... the end of summer would mean he's cut short on the visuals of Jeongguk in short sleeves... Maybe he can endure it a bit longer.

"So..." Taehyung scoots closer, immediately feeling stupid while doing so. Why does he still get awkward around Jeongguk? He is his boyfriend, for crying out loud. But his brain malfunctions, and so the first thing Taehyung can come up with, is the cheapest pickup line ever. "You come here often?"

Jeongguk snorts so hard he almost topples over.

"Are you serious?"

Taehyung helplessly shrugs.

And he may not be very good at keeping his composure around the younger, but primes himself to be really well-versed in distraction maneuvers ('he panics and short-circuits' is much closer to the truth but sounds a lot less cool). So what Taehyung does next, instead of answering, is pulling a sleek black cardboard box out of his pocket and shove it straight into Jeongguk's face.

"Uhm. Present!"

Gosh. Taehyung has become the most terrible flirt on earth and it's all Jeongguk's fault! How utterly embarrassing.

"Uhh," Jeongguk blinks. "For me?"

"Yes, for you, genius."

"Oh. I mean, thank you."

He carefully lifts the lid until a sleek silver metal mesh band comes into view. Jeongguk gasps. Removes the lid completely so he can see the whole thing-

"-a watch?"

"Wrong," Taehyung deadpans. Feels very smug to do so.

Yes, it looks like some kind of digital high-tech watch at first, but,

"It's a touch-sensitive bracelet."

"Oh," Jeongguk says. And then, a few moments later, "Oh. Ooooooooooh! Ohmygod! Really?"

Taehyung snickers, endeared by his antics.

"Yes, really. Look, I've got mine on already."

And sure enough when he lifts his left arm, an identical bracelet peeks out under his ed linen sleeve. The thin metal band wrapped snuck around his wrist, with a little device where a clock-face would usually be. Its oval white shiny form remembers of a polished pebble, at least in Taehyung's opinion.The soothing cool metal on his skin during these hot summer days is an additional bonus.

Jeongguk squeals.

"We are matching!"

Taehyung swears, the younger is one contradiction become flesh. Nobody could ever be as adorable and lethal at the same time as Jeon Jeongguk. 

(Not even Jimin. Jeongguk is the best. Bestest ever. Dammit, when did he become so smitten? How very uncool.)

"That's the idea, yes," Taehyung nods with an equally big smile.

Jeongguk gingerly plucks his bracelet out of the box, then holds it out towards Taehyung, extending his other arm too.

"Put it on me, please?"

And who is Taehyung to deny him?

So naturally, a few moments later Jeongguk's got his very own  touch-sensitive bracelet adorning his wrist.

"This is so cool," he breathes. Looks up to Taehyung with nothing but wonder in his eyes, then back down to the bracelet. "How does it work?"

"Ah, well..." That's Taehyung's cue to pull out his phone. "You gotta download this app and then connect it via Bluetooth. And then when one of us taps it, the other feels it as little vibration."

Jeongguk leans into his space to squint at Taehyung's phone and read the app name. The older uses the opportunity to place a soft kiss on the crown of his head. Jeongguk  jerks up and almost knocks out his teeth, a beautiful red flush sitting on the apple of his cheeks. Would've been totally worth losing a tooth, ten out of ten would do it again.

Some typing and fumbling later, they are all set up. 

It's Jeongguk who taps away on his bracelet first.

Short, long-twice, short. Long, short-twice, long.

LY.

Now Taehyung is the one blushing.

Jeongguk grins.

"Is there a distance limit?"

"Nope."

"Cool." 

The younger bonks his forehead against Taehyung's.

"That means we can send each other messages no matter where we are, without anyone noticing."

He grins right in Taehyung's face, joy sparkling in his eyes. It's addicting. Taehyung mirrors the grin.

"Mhm, that was the plan."

And just because he can, and there is no space left between them anyway, he leans in to give Jeongguk's pretty lips a peck.

Jeongguk blinks at him, a little perplexed, before his hands shoot up to Taehyung's face, pulling him right back in. 

The heat of the midday sun burning down on them while getting lunch, multiplied by all the reflective surfaces on Seoul's buildings is nothing against the scorching brand of Jeongguk's mouth on his. It's a heat Taehyung is more than ready to drown in. Has him easily opening up for the younger, bodies pressing closer, breath getting lost in the midst between them.

With a gasp, they break free from each other.

Taehyung's head is swimming, lips tingling. He loves it.

Belatedly he remembers they are in a public place. And that they haven't properly discussed the topic of PDA yet, not that he can remember. So he doesn't dive back in for another taste, no matter how enticing. Opts for watching Jeongguk's chest raise and fall instead.

The corner of the younger's mouth quirks up.

"Damn," he chuckles, "now I feel kinda bad for not having a present too."

Idiot.

Taehyung slaps his arm. His very y, strong, tattooed arm, so so pretty- don't- don't dwell on it.

"My invitation, my turn to do what I want for you. This was more like, a backup plan anyway."

Jeongguk his head.

"Backup plan?"

"Yeah, if-" Taehyung can't help the nervous shrug, he really can't- "if the cooking class would've been I'd still have the bracelets left, you know? To try and save our date."

"Awww..."

Jeongguk's thumb caresses the device, a slow over the sleek white surface. Taehyung's own gives one long soft vibration in answer, a sliver of purple light splitting the surface as it receives the signal. Taehyung humors him, gives a short tap to his wrist and watches as the younger's face glows up with delight, feeling his own bracelet vibrate for the first time.

"Whoa... wait, why does it shine purple now?"

Taehyung purses his lips, still tingling from the kiss they just shared. He savors it.

"Oh, hm. I guess it's a confirmation, in some kind? Like 'hey yes, I got the signal, prepare to get buzzed' or something. I can change the color of yours if you don't like purple."

"No no, it's okay... wait, so we can only change each other's color and not our own?"

"Uhh, I think so?"

Jeongguk coos at his bracelet while holding it right in front of his face.

"That's so cute. Why purple though?"

Something warm and molten sloshes in Taehyung's chest. He bites his lip, shuffles his foot. Sweet talk to that degree is not his forte. Ugh, the things he is ready to do for that man... Here goes nothing.

"I, ah, I just... I have this kind of idea in my head of... you know, purple is the last color of the rainbow, so it means I will trust and love u for a long time."

Jeongguk's familiar stare is back, the one that pierces right into his soul and lays every part of Taehyung barren. Taehyung shivers.

"That's... I don't really get it but it sounds incredibly sweet."

"You think so?"

Taehyung keeps his lips pressed together, suddenly nervous.

His nervousness all but disappears with a poof at the disarmingly sweet smile he gets in response.

"Yeah, of course."

Gosh.

Jeon Jeongguk was designed by the universe to personally ruin Taehyung, he just knows it.

 

Thirty minutes and three bad pickup lines later, they finally arrive at Taehyung's home.

He's never going to ask Seokjin for flirting advice again.

Not when 'Don’t tell me if you want me to take you home with me. Just smile for Yes, or do a back flip while holding your breath for No' had Jeongguk laughing so hard he got stitches, and had him then doing a back flip out of the ing blue and without warmup or warning or no nothing while smiling at the same time, which was super confusing because since when can he do that and does that mean yes or no now?!

'Did your license got suspended for driving me crazy? Anyway, I've got a car, fancy a ride' had not much better results. In his defense, Taehyung has been short-circuiting again and this time it sadly had his memory vomiting all kinds of terrible pickup lines Seokjin told him like five years ago as result.

(He's not going to talk about the third one, and Jeongguk too is forbidden to mention it, ever.)

Anyway. They arrived home, Jeongguk eagerly following him, so... kudos for that at least?

The concierge gives them a way too knowing look for Taehyung's liking. He's trying very hard to un-see that one.

But if Jeongguk is good at one thing, it's at making Taehyung forget. (He is good at many other things too, Taehyung is aware. He hopes to find out a few more things Jeongguk is good at tonight.)

"If this is to be a proper date then we need a lot more kissing to spice this up," the younger declares as soon as he's out of his shoes.

That's all the warning Taehyung gets before he is pulled against a sturdy chest, against Jeongguk's awaiting mouth.

Jeongguk snatches the keys out Taehyung's hand and blindly locks the door from the inside, then takes the bag out of the older's other hand and gently places it on the side table next to the entrance. All the while kissing the older, never breaking the contact. It's just a soft press of velvety lips against lips, nothing wild but the intensity steadily growing, with an underlying promise for more, harder, faster, soon. Like a mirage blinking up to you from under the water of a riverbed.

Once Taehyung pulls away, there is still such gentleness swimming in the younger's eyes, such vulnerability it takes his breath away. He wants to think there is no one else Jeongguk would look at like that. It's such a rare expression on him, such a secret gem Taehyung can't help but marvel. Can't help but stare until Jeongguk leans in for more and he can't make out his face anymore as they are too close.

Another little thing that almost makes tears prick at the corners of Taehyung's eyes is that he can't taste any remnants of the spicy stew on Jeongguk. During their car ride back, the younger must've swallowed a couple mint drops for that's all the kiss tastes like. Most considerate boyfriend in the whole world.

Taehyung gingerly steps on top of Jeongguk's socked feet and lets the younger guide them to their next destination. That's how, with slow shuffling and occasional nipping on each others' skin they make their way to the big circular couch. 

Jeongguk is cautious with how he settles Taehyung down on the cream-white cushions, deliberately slow. As if he's a precious thing that could easily break. It makes Taehyung's chest tighten. Makes him almost get a bit emotional.

While Jeongguk busies himself with equally slowly uncovering him, popping open one button at a time of the light shirt and caressing all the unblemished skin coming into view, Taehyung fumbles for a few things on the backrest board. Lets out a victorious hum as he feels the remote for the ceiling fan, right next to the much smaller one for the shades. Without looking he pushes a few buttons, eyes closed in bliss as Jeongguk's warm hands now up and down his sides.

A few moments later, some low buzzing fills the air. The ceiling fan stirs to life above them, Taehyung immediately sighing once the breeze hits his skin. At the same time, the huge automatic shades on the floor-to-ceiling windows start to lower themselves. All of them, in the whole apartment. Until there are shiny golden walls where once a free view on Seoul's street life has been, solid safe for the small holes forming intricate swirl patterns on the louvers. 

Jeongguk glances to the side, takes a moment to look at these shades he's never seen before, but is fast to snap back into place. To lower his head onto Taehyung's exposed chest and pepper it with kisses while his hands down Taehyung's arms, taking the remaining fabric with them and pushing it lower, lower, off. The shirt now squished between the couch and Taehyung's back.

Wherever Jeongguk's lips meet golden skin, Taehyung's chest ignites. His heartbeat starts to quicken and through the fog starting to form in his head, he realizes they have to hurry.

"Off, off," he breathes, pushing at the hem of his trousers. "Gotta get this off before, before..."

Jeongguk pushes himself up from his crouching position, shushing him with a into his mouth.

"Shh, I've got you."

And it seems he understands. Seems he gets Taehyung's need to shed all clothes before he can break a sweat. For no matter how he still keeps to unhurried motions, Jeongguk doesn't while pulling off the trousers. Pauses only once, hand on Taehyung's right foot, as if wondering why it's and where the sock went until remembering that Taehyung's been wearing sandals without socks all day.

Soon enough he's got Taehyung sprawled on the couch, safe for his underwear and jewelry.

"This too?"

Jeongguk lets the waistband of Taehyung's pant snap against his skin once.

Taehyung ponders it. Soon, sure. But for now it still seems a bit much, with him almost and the younger fully clothed towering above him. Already he feels so exposed, feels like Jeongguk's unwavering stare can see everything, every part of him. So instead of answering he stretches out both arms and pulls Jeongguk down on him. Sighs into his mouth while greedy hands tug the shirt out of the younger's trousers and get to work with all those buttons.

Once the fabric falls to the floor and Taehyung has full access to that beautifully chiseled chest and stomach, he gives a little push and maneuvers them until Jeongguk is the one sinking into the cushions and Taehyung can swing a leg over his lap, straddling him.

Jeongguk groans into this kiss. Groans even louder when one of Taehyung's hands skims a hardened , one hand shooting up to bury itself in the older's hair and pull him impossibly closer, deepening the kiss.

The full body shiver wracking Taehyung's body has nothing to do with the cool air hitting his back and everything with the pure excitement bubbling up as he caresses all of these hard muscles beneath him. Abs, chest, shoulders, arms - the flesh-turned-steel shifting under his touch, flexing. Thrumming with the power buried within. Jeongguk works hard for his body, Taehyung knows. He knows about the strict workout plan the younger follows in the scarce hours between work, sleep and spending time with him. It definitely pays off, every single minute of it.

He entwines his hand with Jeongguk's free one for a while, just enjoying the intimacy of the gesture while his other hand has come to rest on Jeongguk's shoulder. Fingers sinking into the flesh, digging even deeper as the kiss grows more and more intense, hot like molten gold bubbling in their mouths and coating their tongues. His other hand is squeezing down just as hard, and it's only when Jeongguk squeezes back that Taehyung lifts their joined hands and leads them to his back. 

Jeongguk pries his hand free from Taehyung's grasp to grab at the older's . Gives it a hearty squeeze that has Taehyung pulling away from the kiss and throwing his head back with a mewl.

Jeongguk's mouth is back on his throat and Taehyung can feel the smirk on his skin, the satisfaction of that little .

"That good, huh?"

Taehyung doesn't like losing. Much less against a certain someone. So he just huffs, takes a few more breaths and then leans down to flick his tongue against one of the younger's buds.

"!"

With a little smirk of his own, Taehyung wraps his mouth around the perked and starts alternately lapping and , pulling more curses from the younger as his hand joins in to tug at the other .

Jeongguk's other hand falls from the older's head down to his , grabbing the other cheek and then pushing Taehyung against him, down, down. Presses him down onto his barely concealed until Taehyung stutters in his ministration.

He can't concentrate, can't form a coherent thought, not with Jeongguk's hard length pushing against his . With a low groan he releases the younger's chest and buries his face in Jeongguk's neck. Both hand clamping down on the other's shoulders as he starts rutting down.

Feeling the younger's breath turn into labored huffs against his shoulder, Taehyung doubles his effort. Ignores the uncomfortable scratch of fabric against his skin for the time being.

Until it gets too much, too uncomfortable and he all but rips his pants off, needs them gone now. Fumbles with Jeongguk's belt and trousers until he can pull them off too, Jeongguk's boxers being the only layer of fabric left separating the two of them. Taehyung can do with one layer for the time being.

He climbs back into the younger's lap, claims it as his place and starts swiveling his hips. The guttural groan breaking out of Jeongguk is all the fuel he needs.

They merge, Taehyung molding himself against Jeongguk's strong body. Encouraging the younger as he ruts up into him. Their kisses grow sloppy, frantic, hands wandering everywhere while they give themselves to the fire.

"Take me to bed," Taehyung breathes.

Tightens his grip on Jeongguk as he just gets up, one arm supporting Taehyung's bottom and the other wrapped snug around his waist. Lets himself get carried into the bedroom as if he's nothing more than a bag of flour with how easily Jeongguk maneuvers them through the apartment. He groans.

"Your strength kink is showing," Jeongguk snickers.

Taehyung swats his chest.

"Sh-shut up."

"Oh?"

He almost misses the chance to shoot out his hand and hit the button of the aircon manual that's installed in the bedroom's wall. Jeongguk stops for Taehyung to turn up the aircon on his preferred setting and is about to walk further in the room but Taehyung grips the doorframe.

"Wait, wait!"

Jeongguk groans.

"What?"

"I need my phone."

"What-" there is something like disbelief in Jeongguk's voice. Like betrayal. "Why would you need your phone now?"

"Just take me to my bag so I can get my phone!"

"Ugh, okay, okay."

Still grumbling, Jeongguk obliges and carries him to the entrance area.

With one hand slung around the younger's neck, Taehyung leans to the side and rummages through his bag until he finds the electronic device.

"You are really killing my right now."

Taehyung tuts. "I'll make it up to you."

Keeps typing on his phone until the Bluetooth speakers in his bedroom spring to life and a soft orchestral melody seeps into the whole apartment. Effectively drowning out the steady hum of ceiling fan and air conditioner. With a satisfied nod, Taehyung slips the phone back into his bag and wraps his arm around Jeongguk's shoulder.

"Okay, now you can take me to bed."

Jeongguk huffs. "Are you for real?"

"Yes. Or would you rather  me to constant static noise?"

"Okay first of all, I'm not gonna ' you', I'm going to make love to you. And second, shouldn't you be rich enough to buy air conditioners that make no sound? I'm sure they exist somewhere."

Taehyung pinches his shoulder. "All air conditioners are audible if you are just quiet enough, ."

The younger's grip on his tightens, reminding Taehyung of how the younger is yet to let him down. Brute. Just how long can he carry him like that?

"Or maybe that just means I need to make you moan loud enough to overpower the noise," Jeonguk muses with lowered voice.

And oh, Taehyung's face and whole chest are burning. He buries his face in the crook of Jeongguk's neck and doesn't respond.

Then they are moving again, back to the bedroom and the slow music trickling out of the hidden speakers.

But just as Taehyung thinks he is about to hit the bedsheets, Jeongguk spins them around and walks away, to the opposite end of the room. Opens the sliding door to Taehyung's closet and just walks in, walks and walks until Taehyung's back is pressed against cool glass. 

Taehyung gasps and fidgets against the large mirror but doesn't dare move much more, afraid the glass will break.

Jeongguk, it seems, has no such qualms. He pushes the older just more into the chilly surface and readjusts his grip on Taehyung. Watches something behind him. Maybe the way how the mirror fogs up under his body heat, Taehyung muses but can't be sure. It doesn't matter anyway. Not when Jeongguk noses up his neck and starts trailing down Taehyung's jaw with little pecks and bites.

Taehyung shivers.

"This is not the bed," he manages to grit out.

Feels that infuriating smirk on his skin again.

"Don't worry, we'll get there, eventually."

Honestly, the nerve of that brat. He rolls his eyes.

"Not even letting me lead the night in my own home, huh?"

"Nope."

Jeongguk sounds way too happy about it, way too smug for Taehyung to let it pass. So what if he pulls at Jeongguk's dark thick hair a bit too harsh to be comfortable? If he cranes his neck until he can bite down onto the younger's pierced earlobe until he lets out a hiss?

"You really can't let go of control," Jeongguk snides.

Taehyung pouts.

"So what?"

"So..." Jeongguk peels him off the mirror, "maybe I should make you."

"Make me what, yield?" Taehyung scoffs. "You can try."

Jeongguk hums, his chest vibrating where they are pressed against each other.

"Oh, I will."

And this time, after a few big bold steps, Taehyung's back does hit the bedsheets. Okay, maybe 'hit' is the wrong word with how Jeongguk keeps handling him with such care despite their bickering. 

The silken sheets are welcoming him, sliding smoothly against Taehyung's warm skin like a lover's caress. He stretches and writhes a bit, keeps the material moving against him while Jeongguk stands there and watches with rapt attention. He arches his back, basks in the way Jeongguk's eyes darken. Even laid bare like this, with nothing hidden from the younger's intense stare he can't find it in himself to feel shy. Not when he's splayed out on his giant bed with nothing bud luxurious silk touching him. All he feels in that moment is... pretty.

And when he feels pretty and bold, the snark is never far away. 

Propping himself up onto his elbows and meeting Jeongguk's midnight gaze with a raised eyebrow, he quips,

"You need an invitation or what?"

Jeongguk rolls his eyes. Taehyung squints at him. The audacity! Here he is, giving the younger a good show and showing off his body in a way he rarely ever does and this is what he gets in return? An eye roll? The nerve of that brat, seriously.

"Excuse me for wanting to admire the most gorgeous art piece for a little longer," Jeongguk shoots back while lowering himself onto the bed and crawling over to Taehyung, his toes peeling off the socks he's still been wearing and flinging them somewhere to the ground.

And. Taehyung doesn't have a comeback for that. So he just hums, drags Jeongguk up until they are face to face again, the younger hovering above him mere breaths away, their bodies touching like puzzle pieces falling into place.

"How about you show me just how much you admire me from up close then, hm?"

This. Taehyung mentally claps his shoulder. This was a great comeback.
 

 


Heya folks~

Just fyi, these bracelets exist, if you look up "Bond touch" or "Bond stay in touch" or sth you can find their website. I stumbled upon this months ago and just thought it would be the perfect gift for our morse-code loving nerds hehe ^^

Also I guess we all know what's about to happen next chap... (what was supposed to happen this chap but I wanted to properly set the mood and include Tae's little health condition and... yeah... also this just felt like a good point to stop writing. We've hit the 4k mark I am setting myself for each chapter anyway.)

Guys do I need to rate this chapter as mature content already???