chapter 9

You Move Me

A/N: thank you very much for those who have given me the upvote and subsribed to this story. :D

Apologies if there is any boring chapter, i want to build the story slowly and dont want to rush it. Please do enjoy the story and dont forget to leave comments! :p

---------------------------------------------

“My name is Juran. Yuri’s fiancee.”

“………”

It was silence, as if the time had stopped. Jessica went quiet. That words shocked her through her brain and to her whole body. Did she hear it right? Fiancée? Yuri had a fiancée? What??? Is this for real??

Jessica tried to compose herself at her best. She was in the middle of the restaurant and there were customers there and she really didn’t want to make a scene. She needed to handle this calmly.

“Ah, right. Sorry Yuri-ssi never mentioned about you.”, Jessica took a glance to Yuri for a second. But at that one second, Jessica could see how pale Yuri’s face was.

“Welcome to the restaurant.”, Jessica smiled as she continued. “Please have a seat first. Yuri-ssi still had some dishes to cook. I hope you don’t mind waiting.”

“No problem Ms. Jung. I’ll be waiting here Yul.”, Juran waved to Yuri. Yuri still didn’t say anything until now. She looked like she was seeing a ghost and she still kept shut.

Jessica turned around and Yuri trailed behind her weakly. Yuri’s brain seemed to stop functioned when she saw Juran there. She didn’t know how to think as she still could not believe what happened. But she needed to think fast, Jessica was there and Yuri had to explain.

“Si --- Sica, I --- I can explain this.”, Yuri stuttered. Jessica glanced at her then she walked to one of the restaurant empty private room and closed the door.

Jessica turned her body to face Yuri and crossed her arms. Her face turned cold, but Yuri could see her cheek turn red as if Jessica was holding back her anger. Jessica didn’t say anything, but her gesture clearly demand an explanation from Yuri.

“Yes, she’s ---- she’s my fiancée ---“, Yuri said, she was fidgeting her fingers. 

Jessica’s expression turned dark. Yuri felt her world was going to end at that moment so she hurriedly continued. “B – But she – she left – a year ago. With no explanation at all. She was just vanished, leaving me just like that --- and ---”

“But she came back.”, Jessica interrupted.

“I didn’t even know where she was and she suddenly showed up today at the restaurant. I don’t even know whether I can still call her my fiancée ---“

“Why didn’t you tell me about this? I asked you when we were in Busan whether you have someone in your life but you said no-one in particular. ”, Jessica cut her again, she was visibly upset.

“I was about too. But what can I tell you if I don’t even know where she is??”

“But she still your fiancée, right?”, Jessica repeated. “Who’s this girl anyway?”

Yuri sighed, her mind started to flashback to a sad memory that she had buried.  “I --- I met her 4 years ago when I appeared as a guest on a cooking show and she was the MC. We started dating and --- after 2 years I proposed to her. She was also a model and at that time she got a modelling gig in Japan. At first things was just alright between us as Tokyo is not that far from Seoul. But then she said she wanted to expand her modeling career so I let her to stay in Japan for a while to pursue her career and we were planning to get married when she comes back, maybe getting married in the US or Australia. But that never happened --- after that, suddenly she just --- gone. I was left without any explanation, she stopped contacting me and I could not contacted her at all. –“, Yuri lowered her head. 

Jessica was confused. She tried to understand Yuri’s situation. Yes, it must be difficult to convey to someone when your fiancée just leaving you without any clue. And Yuri looked so sad and broken hearted when she told the story.

But Jessica really didn’t want to deal with any complicated stuff right now. Eventhough Yuri said Juran left her, but it seemed they were really never got a chance to settle things off and judging from Juran’s appearance in the restaurant today, Juran still thinks that she still owned Yuri, that there was never a word of “breaking up” and she was still Yuri’s fiancée.

“You need to sort things out with her.”, Jessica said solemnly. Her tone was back to the icy Jessica that Yuri used to know, but when Yuri was gazing into Jessica’s eyes, she saw a sadness and disappointment there.   

“B – But ---“

“You need to work. We’ll talk later.”, Jessica quickly said and just got out from the private room, leaving Yuri there alone. 

**

Yuri was sitting on her chair, across the table was her so called ‘fiancée’. When Yuri finally got her break she quickly asked Juran went outside to have a chat on a coffee shop near the restaurant. Yuri tried to find Jessica beforehand but it seemed that Jessica had gone and went to her office. She tried to text Jessica and then called her, but no response from Jessica at all.

 “Yul ---“, Juran started after there was just silence for 5 minutes.

“What are you doing here? Where were you all this time and --- I --”, Yuri had so many questions in her head. But she didn’t know where to start. She used to love this woman so much, she used to be happy with Juran, before Juran chose to leave her alone, leaving her with a broken heart without knowing what was happening.

“I am so sorry, Yul.”, Juran said as she grabbed Yuri’s hand. “I can’t even begin to tell you how much I regret that I was leaving you.”

Yuri looked away, she didn’t want to face Juran’s eyes right now. No matter how much hate Yuri had for this woman, but she also someone that Yuri had loved so dearly before.

“At that time my career was just began and I thought being in a steady relationship was not really a good choice for my career. I was enjoying my time and if I am staying in a relationship with you, it would be burden for both of us since I knew I didn’t want to go back to Seoul to you as soon as possible. But then I realized how empty my life was without you and I realized that I made a mistake. This career wont last long, but you and I will.”, Juran continued.

Yuri was still looking away. Hearing that sentences from Juran was like something that she was longing to hear from a long time. When Juran left, everyday she had dreamt that Juran would crawling back to her one day. Until she gave up and stop wishing, and just live her day as she had to. 

“Why didn’t you tell me about that? Why you just leaving me and gone like that?”, Yuri asked, there was a demand in her tone.

Juran shook her head. “I can’t do that. If I told you, I will become weak. I would not have a heart to say it to you. So I just did what I thought was right. I just stopped contacting you.”

“You were really ---- it was hurt ---“, Yuri didn’t know how to spit out the words, to explain how miserable she was and how crushed she was when Juran did that.

“I am sorry.”, Juran said softly.

“What do you want?”, Yuri coldly asked.

“You. I want you.”, Juran exclaimed. “Do you see, I still have your ring and I swear I never take it off even when I was far away from you.”, Juran lifted up her hand and showed the ring on her finger.

Yuri just scoffed.

“You are still my fiancée and you will always be. Let me make it up to you, Yul. Please, give me a chance to remedy all of my mistake to you. I promise you my heart, my world, my everything. I promise you that we will have the married life that we used to dream together, just let me fix this --- Please ---“, Juran continued and she started sobbing.

Yuri finally dared herself to look at Juran. She really didn’t know what to think. Oh how she really wanted this to happen years ago when she was yearning for the woman in front of her. She knew Juran for years, she loved Juran for years and living a life with Juran was something that she used to always want. Those were things that she could not just forget and threw away.

But now, there was Jessica. Someone new who were able to steal her heart, someone who made her happy again, made her smile like a teenager in love. Someone who could reminded her how wonderful it was when butterflies flung on her stomach when they kissed.

With Juran, starting all over again would be so easy as she was someone that Yuri had been familiar with, but of course Yuri still hurt of what she did before. With Jessica it was exiting since it’s a new flame, but Yuri would never know how it goes and surely it needed adjustments if she wanted to start with someone new. 

It was definitely confusing for Yuri. Her heart didn’t know what to feel right now.

“Please Yuri --- Please ---“, Juran still begging, sobbing, and Yuri knew she would do anything until Yuri accepted her back.   

**

Jessica was awfully clingy to Taeyeon this evening. The things happened with her and Yuri earlier made her really need someone to hold onto. They were agreed to meet to have dinner and then just strolling around at the side of Han River. One of Taeyeon’s hand holding the dog leash of Zero, Taeyeon’s little poodle, who walked in front of them.

Taeyeon told Jessica about her rendezvous with Tiffany and Jessica felt so bad since she hasn’t got any time to have a talk with Tiffany about Taeyeon.

“You knew it would happen did you?” Taeyeon asked, while Jessica was still linked her arms to hers.

“Tiffany is someone who’s not easy to get into a relationship, Tae. She’s a good girl but I guess she just not ready for anything serious right now. I am sorry --- ”, Jessica replied.

Taeyeon just chuckled and shook her head. “It’s fine. We never said we were exclusive anyway. I just thought that we had something there.”

“Are you okay though?”, Jessica asked worriedly, she knew Taeyeon tried to be strong but she must be hurt inside.

“I will be okay. Don’t worry too much.”, Taeyeon replied and pat Jessica’s head.

They were settling and sat on terraced seats by the Han River, looking gloomy at the river itself. Zero followed and quickly sat on Taeyeon’s lap while Jessica leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, making Taeyeon realized there must be something wrong with Jessica. Taeyeon knew Jessica for a long time and she can always sense if something bothering Jessica.

“You were so clingy. What’s going on?”, Taeyeon asked.

Jessica exhaled a loud breath. “Yuri. Yuri happened. Apparently she has a fiancée.”

“WHAT?”, Taeyeon widened her eyes and abruptly turned her body to Jessica.  

Jessica just looked at Taeyeon with weak expression. Jessica then shared her story about Yuri to Taeyeon. How the fiancée just showed up suddenly at the restaurant, and how Yuri tried to explain that the fiancée broke her heart by leaving without any explanation.

“But if she just break it off with Juran, then everything will be fine, right?”, Taeyeon tried to resolute the Yuri’s situation.

“It won’t be that easy, Taeyeon-ah.”, Jessica disagree. “Yes this woman was from her past, but she is someone that Yuri almost married and I am sure Yuri loved her so much before. And do you think it was easy to erase that kind of feeling, especially when suddenly she showed up in front of Yuri?”

“Well, you broke up with Tyler and I am sure if he suddenly showed up at the restaurant you will not fall back in love with him.”, Taeyeon reasoned, which earned a chuckle from Jessica.

“That’s different!! We broke up because we fall out of love. Yuri and this Juran, they --- they never really broke things off. There is still unfinished business between them.”

Jessica then lifted up Zero from Taeyeon’s lap and put it in her lap, patting Zero’s head while the cute dog just wiggle her tail happily.

“Don’t you want to fight for Yuri? I thought you like her.”, Taeyeon asked.

Jessica went quiet for a while, drowning in her own thought before finally answered. “It’s just complicated. I don’t want to have anything that it comes with a baggage. It was draining me when my 10 years relationship fell apart just like that and I just want a clean and fresh new relationship, without having any doubt or issue in the beginning. Now --- just about when we want to have our first date, she already hurt me.“

“Give her time to settle everything with Juran then.”, Taeyeon said.

Jessica laughed wearily. “I don’t want to waste too much of my time. Hhh --- first time in a long time I have feelings for someone and ended up like this. I don’t want to get hurt, Tae. Why can’t I have a fresh and a happy relationship, without the need of worrying anything? Just have someone who really --- sincere and honest --- ”, Jessica leaned her body a little bit and stared at the sky.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica. Seeing her like this made Taeyeon felt the push inside her. Her mind wondering if she should tell Jessica something that she wanted to say from a long time ago.

Maybe --- Just maybe – Taeyeon.

“You can. You have me and I can give you that.”

“What???”, Jessica turned her head and furrowed her eyebrows to Taeyeon. But Taeyeon just stared back at her, she didn’t say anything and just shrugged her shoulder lightly.

“Taeyeon, this is not the time for you to make a joke!”, Jessica laughed and pushed Taeyeon’s shoulder playfully.

“I am not joking.”, Taeyeon said sternly, making Jessica realized that she was serious. “I --- I am in love with you, Sica – since a long time. But I was a coward and I didn’t dare to say what I feel. When you were dating Tyler, I knew I lost my chance. When you guys broke up, I wanted to confess but I am not sure whether you would love me back and I am afraid things would get awkward between us ---“

“But – but Tiffany --- You like her, right? I mean --- “, Jessica didn’t really know how to respond. This was quite shocking to her. Although, actually Jessica already had suspicion by the way Taeyeon looked at her sometimes.

“I do.”, Taeyeon quickly confirmed. “I am not going to lie I do like Tiffany a lot. But my feelings for you was always there and it never really went away. I’ve lost you once and I guess --- I am trying my luck now ---“, she chuckled awkwardly.

“I --- “, Jessica looked down, avoiding Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Look, Sica –“, Taeyeon suddenly held Jessica’s hand. “I know – I know this is maybe too much for you. I don’t ask anything from you, I just need you to give me a chance and let me in. You’ve known me for years, I don’t have anything to hide from you. And you know I would not hurt you, ever. “

Taeyeon used to hold Jessica’s hand all the time. But this time, tonight, it felt… odd, different. It warmer and assuring for Jessica. Taeyeon was right, she always there for Jessica and not once she ever left Jessica. They were so close to each other and Jessica once had confused about her feelings towards Taeyeon before she dated Tyler.  

But what about now?? People said sometimes friends can turn into lovers, but does she really could see Taeyeon as more than just a friend? Jessica was always happy whenever she was with Taeyeon and Taeyeon was one of the people that she could felt comfortable to be around with.

“I don’t need a relationship with you, Sica. Just --- take it slowly and try --- try to let me in and make you happy.”, Taeyeon asked again and squeezed Jessica’s hand.

Jessica opened , she wanted to say something but her brain could not think of anything. Suddenly her phone vibrate indicating that there were incoming text.

Yuri : Sica, where are you? Can I talk to you please?

Jessica stared at her phone then she shifted her gaze back to Taeyeon. Those eyes, Taeyeon’s eyes, filled with sincerity, something that Jessica was looking for.

“I ----“, Jessica was about to say something again, when her phone vibrating again, this time longer.

Yuri was calling and kept calling.