chapter 14

You Move Me

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany who was sitting on her couch after Jessica went home.

“I ---“, before Taeyeon could say anything, Tiffany stood up and ran to hugged her tightly.

Taeyeon was stunned, but she suddenly felt that something that was missing had returned to her. It was the right decision to let Jessica go, because her heart wanted Tiffany now. Taeyeon smiled after they broke the hug, and guided Tiffany to sit back on the couch.

“I hope Jessica really meant it when she said that you actually had feelings for me and that’s why she needed to ended up the things between you two.”, Tiffany said, she held Taeyeon’s hand.

“She’s not wrong.”, Taeyeon answered in shortly.

“Do you – do you really love Jessi?”, Tiffany asked again, there was caution in her tone. She was afraid that Taeyeon would accept her out of pity or maybe Taeyeon still loves Jessica to death but had no choice as Jessica was the one who ended their thing.

Taeyeon paused for a moment, then she looked up to the ceiling, trying to reminisce about her relationship with Jessica. “I knew Jessica for so long and I was so madly in love with her before. But as time goes by, the feeling changed. I am not in love with her anymore. It grew into something different although we will always that bond.”

Tiffany nodded. She understood. Their bond was real but not to the extent that it will work as lovers.  

“But Fany ---“, Taeyeon continued.  “Really --- I need to know where we stand. I really like you and I want you – just you. But if you ---“

Taeyeon got cut again when she felt Tiffany threw herself at her and pressed her lips to Taeyeon’s. The kiss was amazing for Taeyeon and she felt her chest was about to explode. This feelings was really overwhelmed for her.

“I am sorry, Taeyeon. I have to admit it, I never want to have a serious relationship before and I like playing around. Until I met you, until I broke your heart and I could not stop thinking about that moment. It was the first time I felt that my heart also broke when I made you sad, it was the first time that I actually care about someone else’s feelings.  I want you and I wanted to be yours.”, Tiffany squeezed Taeyeon’s hand, spoke her feelings out to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked deep into Tiffany’s eyes, searching for the certainty so she could convinced herself that what Tiffany just said was what she really wanted.

“Are you sure? Can you really commit to me only?”, Taeyeon asked and Tiffany could sense that there was still a doubt in her voice.

“Yah! I never ever – not once in my life chasing someone and crying over someone like I did with you. Of course I am sure!” Tiffany pouted, then she turned her face to the side, avoiding Taeyeon’s as she blushed.  

“I am that charming, huh?”, Taeyeon teased, which earned a slap by Tiffany on her chest.

“Look, Tae --- I can’t promise you that I could give you rainbows and butterflies all the time. I hardly had a relationship before. But I am only yours. I don’t want to be anybody’s girl, only your girl.”

Taeyeon let out a soft smile. “Then I will be here for you always, for my only girl.”, Taeyeon winked, then she leaned forward and kissed Tiffany, over and over again, savoring the moment that she was missed before.

**

Almost four days has passed since the incident with Juran and Yuri still didn’t show up at the restaurant. She texted Jessica and simply said that she would need at least few days to recover and Jessica didn’t mind. She had talked to both Taeyeon and Tiffany and made sure that all was good between the three of them. Jessica just made Tiffany promised that she would not get jealous over Jessica and Taeyeon’s close friendship because she should’ve understand that Taeyeon’s heart was truly belonged to her.

As for Yuri, Jessica didn’t want to think too much. She would let Yuri recover and fully healed first, then maybe they can talk. 

Jessica had almost done with her paperwork in her office, when suddenly Krystal phoned her and asked her company to go noraebang.

“What?? Why you asking me to go to noraebang all of sudden?? Ask you friends to go!”, Jessica frowned.

Oh come on Unnieee –“, Krystal whined on the other line. “We hardly spend time together lately and now I have few days off. Plus, with all your complicated square love life, you should relax and have fun.”

“Yaahh!! I don’t have a complicated love life! Besides, its not fun if it’s only two of us.”, Jessica protested and she heard Krystal giggled on the line.

Hey! You know it’s always fun when you hangout with me. Come on, Unnie… Meet me at 7.30pm okay, I will text you the place. Byeeee!!”, Krystal didn’t give another chance for Jessica to have another objection and just hung up the phone.      

“Aiissh  --- this kid!”, Jessica shook her head and mumbled to herself.

**

Jessica finally arrived at the noraebang place that Krystal told her. Krystal told her the room number and asked her to enter the room once she arrived as Krystal said she already waited there. But when Jessica came into the room, there was no Krystal. Instead, Yuri was there.

“……..”

Jessica looked at Yuri, dumbfounded.

“Oh hey ---“, Yuri grinned awkwardly, quickly stood up when she saw Jessica entered the room.

“What – What are you doing here? Where’s Krystal?”, Jessica asked confusingly.

“Err – she – she’s with her friend. Okay I lied, I don’t know where she is. But you know, actually I was asking for her help to make you come here. You know, to surprise you.”, Yuri chuckled groggily. It was kinda stupid when she admitted it that her purpose was to give surprise to Jessica.

Jessica didn’t know what to say. left open, but this was too much to even process.

“Okay – okay – Look, I know this might seem cheesy, and I’m certainly not a good singer. But please, just stay and listen to this song okay? Just – you can sit – or you can stand there – it’s fine – I – Omygod, stupid Yuri –“, Yuri blabbering non-stop, clearly nervous about what she wanted to say to Jessica.

Jessica lowered her head to hide her smile. Yuri looked very cute.

“Okay – just listen to me okay?”, Yuri said again, and clicked one of the song. Jessica took a glance to see the song that Yuri has chosen. It was SNSD’s song titled ‘Mistake’ and Yuri started singing when the melody came into play.

I’m still at the same place
By your side as usual
I’m weary from wandering
As I wander in circles
Days have passed
And I find myself at this place

  ……….

I knew I couldn’t have you
But my love for you just kept growing
Waiting by myself
Regretting by myself
Even loving you was a mistake

Yuri sang the song so passionately. As if she really poured her heart into the song, letting Jessica read her feelings through the song. Jessica smiled softly, her heart fluttered in a really wonderful way. When the song has almost finished, Yuri stared deeply at Jessica, hoping that she could show her sincerity until ---

“You sing the wrong lyrics.”, Jessica said suddenly.

“H -- Huh?”, Yuri startled and stopped singing immediately.

Jessica giggled. “The lyrics are wrong.”, she pointed to the screen.

Yuri face turned red, embarrassed.

OMG! fail  – Yuri.

Yuri scratched the back of her neck, when she just chuckled and quickly stopped the noraebang machine after the song has finished.

“Err – sorry – I guess, I was just too immersed in you. But – you understand the song, right?”, Yuri asked, trying to create a romantic atmosphere, even they were inside a karoke room, which clearly far away from romantic vibes.

Jessica nodded, but she didn’t say anything.

“What I am trying to say is – Sica – yes maybe it’s my mistake for not letting you go. But I don’t want to make more mistake by growing this feelings without doing anything, I don’t want my feelings for you becomes my mistake. I will try harder, I want to fight for you. Because I know at the end, you are not my mistake.”, Yuri stepped closer to Jessica, staring lovingly at the latter.

Jessica felt it swell in her chest. Yuri’s eyes was full of emotion and yearn as if Jessica could look her reflection in Yuri.

“I am sorry for everything about Juran. I already ended whatever I have with her, I finally broke off the engagement. I know I was so stupid to even think that I still have love left for her and let her back in my life. When all this time, in my heart there is only you. Please forgive this stupid human being to realize it too late. But I hope it won’t be too late for you to accept my apologies and accept my heart.”, Yuri took Jessica’s hand and put it in her chest.

“I want to sing a song.”, Jessica suddenly said, which made Yuri confuse. She already gave a long speech for her love confession and this was Jessica’s response?

“Err – I am afraid you can’t.”, Yuri said as she looked at her watch.

“Why not?”, Jessica knitted her brows.

“Because I just booked for one hour and our time already finished.”

Jessica looked at Yuri, again, dumbfounded.

“But i came here at 7.30-ish? Now it’s 8 and we still have another half an hour.”

“I booked for 7pm. I came her early because I need to practice my singing first.”, Yuri reasoned in all honesty, which made Jessica burst into laughter. Yuri was really adorable.

“We can add another hour?”, Jessica suggested.

“Uh no. We need to go. Because I --- well – I made dinner reservation.”, Yuri finally said. She had another plan prepared for Jessica.

“Alright – alright.”, Jessica gave up and she didn’t want to argue further with Yuri. “So, tell me where should we meet for the dinner?”

“Actually, we can go together. I didn’t bring my car here. My car is still in repair shop. Juran scratched my car with a rock and deflated the tires --- so yeah – I need a ride. “, Yuri quickly explained, which earned another laugh from Jessica.

“Yah! Why are you laughing? It cost me quite a lot you know!”, Yuri exclaimed.

**

Yuri offered to drive Jessica’ car and much to Jessica’s surprise, they went to Jessica’s house instead to a restaurant.

“You said you have dinner reservation?”, Jessica asked once Yuri parked her car in the parking lot.

“Yeah. In your house. Just wait and see.”, Yuri winked, then she got out from the car and opened the door for Jessica.

Wow, what a gentlewoman she is – Jessica.

When Jessica entered her own penthouse, Yuri quickly dragged her to the balcony of her apartment.

“Sit here and wait okay. It’s quite windy so better you put your blazer on.”, Yuri said as she pulled a chair and asked Jessica to sit down. There was a candle, a bottle of red wine and bread served on the table. Yuri expertly opened the wine with a cork and poured it some to a glass.

“Wait here for a while, okay. Just enjoy the wine and eat the bread first. I will cook some pasta for our dinner.”, Yuri pecked Jessica’s forehead and dashed immediately to the kitchen to cook.

Jessica smiled at the sight, a candle light dinner at her own place, with a dish that Yuri would prepared. It was perfect for a date.

Yuri appeared around 20 minutes later with two bowl of pastas in her hand. She set up the table perfectly for her and Jessica, then sat on the chair in front of Jessica, smiling in satisfaction as she finished all the preparation.

“Krystal help you did she?”, Jessica asked. She can guess as there is no way Yuri could do this by herself. “What kind of bribing that you gave her?”

Yuri laughed and she shook her head. “Yes she did help me with this preparation. But no she didn’t ask for anything. She just wants her sister happy.”

They ate the pasta happily and both of them could not hold their smile. Jessica felt that she has never been this happy in a long time.

“Yuri-ah – You should know I also have ended the thing I have with Taeyeon. It was clearly a mistake and both of us finally admit and realized it. “, Jessica started to talk. Yuri just stared at her as she sipped her wine.

“I was a fool, I admit it. I was scared to get hurt and I thought there is no way I could win when I have to compete with a fiancée, someone that you have loved that much before. I mean – who I am to you anyway, I was just someone that you barely knew. And I have my pride, I will not chase you when I sense a possibility that you may choose the other woman. Taeyeon offered me something that I cant get from you, so I thought I could give it a try. I was trying to escape from my feelings for you. But at the end – well, I just couldn’t.”, Jessica continued.

“I know. I called Taeyeon.”, Yuri said casually while munching her pasta.

Jessica flushed. “Yah!! You already knew from Taeyeon and you let me talking non-stop and explaining to you???”

Yuri let out a hearty laugh. “No no no. Taeyeon didn’t tell me the whole story. And I just wanted to hear it directly from you.”

“Btw –“, Jessica has finished her food and wiped with the napkin. “Why did you get drunk Yuri? You were drunk that much until you got poisoned and hospitalized?”

Yuri kept silence for a moment. Then she stood up from her chair and leaned on the balcony glass, staring at the sky. Jessica followed and stood next to her.

“I was just --- frustrated by myself. I was desperately wanted to forget you because I was scared that you didn’t have the same feelings like I do. I mean, you chose to be with Taeyeon. Then I just pushed myself to Juran. But it didn’t feel right yet I kept doing it. And us working together does not help as I could not bear to see you everyday it was just made it harder to bury this feelings. Plus, I don’t like it whenever I see you with Taeyeon. I drank alone in my place and didn’t realized I finished too many bottles when suddenly I vomiting non-stop and almost passed out.”

Jessica cupped Yuri’s face and turned it around. She looked at Yuri, smiling.

“I am sorry, Yuri-ah. I guess we both made the same mistake. It’s all okay now. I am here.”

Yuri put her glass on the table, then she held Jessica’s waist, pulled the girl closer to her. “Be my girlfriend? Then everything will be okay for me if you say yes.”

Jessica nodded and smiled. Their face was so close and Yuri felt her heart was thumping hard and a tingling sensation could be felt in her stomach. Both of their eyes softly closed in unison and it wasn’t that long when their lips finally touched.

Their kiss tonight was different. It was sweet, full of desperation, but also a confirmation of their feelings towards each other. They glued their foreheads together after they broke the kiss. Smiling as they finally got together.

The sweet moment got ruined when Yuri’s phone didn’t stop beeping and Yuri excuses herself to reply the messages. When Jessica saw that Yuri didn’t stop replying the messages and glued to her phone, Jessica started to get irritated.

“Who are you texting??”, Jessica asked, she got annoyed and got jealous.

“Uh --- nothing.”, Yuri sounded hesitate to answer. And this made Jessica even more annoyed. She snatched the phone from Yuri’s hand to check and her eyes widened when she found out that Yuri was texting Krystal.

Krystal: Yuri unnie, are you guys finish? I want to go home already *pout*

Yuri: Please Krystal, give me another hour okay? Please please pretty please.

Krystal: but my friend all want to go home. I don’t want to be alone here.

Yuri: just ask them to wait for a while. Buy them a drink or whatever. Or you can hangout at their place.

Krystal: *sigh* alright fine. I will give you another hour or two, but there is a price for it.

Yuri: What? Another one? I already bought a blanc shirt for you!!

Krystal: okay then I am going home now.

Yuri: alright, alright. What is it? name it.

Krystal: I want this one, Jessica unnie didn’t want to give it to me for free. *sent a picture of blank&eclare sunglasses*

Jessica widened her eyes and puffed out a lungful of air out of her nostril. “OMG! That kid! I am going to kill her!!