chapter 21

You Move Me

With a big rage within her, Tiffany’s strength seemed doubled and she managed to escape from the security guard. She reached out to Sunny who just managed to stand back up after falling from her chair because of being pushed by Tiffany. Without warning, she grabbed Sunny’s hair and pulled it.

“You !!!”, Tiffany shouted.

“AAWW!! What the hell??!! Get off me!!!”, Sunny screamed in pain. She moved her body forward to Tiffany, trying to scratch Tiffany’s face. Then they both fell on the floor and just wrestle there.

The screamed of both girls was echoing inside the meeting room. Taeyeon tried to grab Sunny while the security guard took his step to separate Tiffany.

“YAH!!!! STOP! STOP! PLEASE!!”, Taeyeon screamed loudly to both of them, making Sunny and Tiffany now stopped moving and just looked at each other with fiery eyes.

“What is wrong with you??? What the hell is going on??”, Sunny asked, her breath was still unsteady.

“You dare to ask???”, Tiffany shot a glare and pointed her finger to Sunny. “You made a move to my girlfriend when she was drunk that what’s going on!!!!”

“This is fun.”, Hyoyeon suddenly chirped, she crossed her arms and leaned on her chair, grinning. Everybody just looked at her but she just laughed.

“Can we – Can I – Urrgghh –“, Taeyeon groaned. “Look, it was a mistake, okay!!! Tiffany, can we talk outside? Please?”, she further plead to her girlfriend, didn’t want to make everything worse in the meeting room.

“No!!! Let’s talk here! We have Sunny here let her explain why she did that!!”, Tiffany insisted.

 “Uuh – I think we’re going to go.”, Seohyun suddenly interrupted when Sunny was about to say something more. She felt awkward witnessing all of this. But Hyoyeon held her arms when Seohyun was about to get up from her chair.

“Hey, we can stay. It’s exciting. And the meeting is not over yet.”, Hyoyeon said.

“But Hyoyeon unnie ---“

“Alright! Alright!!!”, Taeyeon finally said before Seohyun voiced her protest again. “Uh, can you please leave us? I think we’re good here.”, Taeyeon politely asked the security guard to leave, didn’t want to embarrassed herself further.

“Sunny, she accidentally read your message about what happened that night. Please can you explain to her that the kiss meant nothing?”, Taeyeon asked Sunny and looked at her. Jessica and Yuri also turned their head to Sunny, as if asking an explanation about what just happened.

Sunny sigh and she rolled her eyes. “Just a stupid kiss when we both drunk at SM parties, okay. Tiffany,  I am sorry. But I cant speak for Taeyeon because she did kiss me back.”

Tiffany eyes widened and was ready to jump again to Sunny but Yuri quickly stood up from her chair and held her waist. Tiffany just met Sunny couple of times when she picked up Taeyeon at SM office. She knew Sunny is one of Taeyeon’s and Jessica’s closest friends but she never hangout with Sunny and also Taeyeon never told her that she dated Sunny before.

“Taeyeon!!”, Jessica gasped. “OMG. You guys kissed?”

 “I was so drunk!!!”, Taeyeon tried to defend herself. “I was – It didn’t mean anything!! I am sorry Sunny, but I was not in a sober state. Fany-ah I am sorry – I – Jessic – I was drunk -- “ Taeyeon shifted her stare back and forth between Sunny and Tiffany. She was so frustated now since she had to apologies to both of them and her mind could not think on what she should say. Plus, now she felt like she need to explain it to Jessica.

“Tiffany, I really have no intention to break your relationship with Taeyeon. She’s one of my dear friend and I just want her back, as a friend. I was just caught up in a moment ---“ Sunny now tried to explain.

“I don’t trust you two if you guys are working together like this, or at the same room. No!”, Tiffany said sternly.

“But we are colleagues!!”, Sunny objected. “We will spend lots of times together, working!”

“Okaaayy ---“, Jessica suddenly interrupted. “Uh – why don’t you three talk in private? We already finished with our business meeting, right? We can follow up later.”

Jessica stood up and then grabbed Yuri’s hand, signaling to get out from the meeting room. There was no point of staying there and it was really uncomfortable being in the middle of a love quarrel like this, especially when it involves all of her three good friends.

“No. I am done here! I shall be going too. I need to practice for my musical!”, Tiffany snorted, then she just turned her body and stormed out from the room.

“We’ll talk later, okay Fany?!?”, Taeyeon tried to called her Tiffany just ignore it and kept walking away. Taeyeon sighed and lowered her head. But she thought that she needed to deal with Sunny first, then she will talk to Tiffany.

“Guys --- where are you going?”, Hyoyeon whined, clearly disappointed that the show was over.

**

Jessica was almost done in her office. She was reviewing the sales for the summer collection of her clothing line business and she smiled in satisfaction when she saw the numbers are pretty high. Her fashion line was the most successful business unit within Blanc Group and it always gained profit. Jessica’s love and passion for fashion clearly played a big factor in it.

She was just about to shut down her laptop when suddenly someone knock her room. Jessica thought that it may be her secretary, checking in whether Jessica was ready to go home.

“Come on in.”

“Hi Sicababy!”, suddenly Yuri’s head popped out from the door, surprising Jessica.

“Seobang? What are you doing here?”, Jessica smiled widely, quickly stood up and walked towards Yuri to give her hug. She really didn’t expect to see Yuri came to her office.     

Yuri grinned then she handed a bouquet of flowers to Jessica. “This is for you.”

Jessica’s eyes turned bright as she blushed. “Oh My God!! It’s beautiful!! W – what is this? What’s the occasion?”

Yuri just gave a peck on Jessica’s forehead. Since today was her day off, she was just wanted to do something nice to Jessica and she thought about surprising Jessica at her office. She liked doing romantic things for Jessica, Yuri loved it when she saw how Jessica’s eyes sparkled because something that she did for her girlfriend.

“Nothing, no special occasion. I just love my girlfriend so much and want to show her how special she is to me.”, and Yuri meant it when she said that.

“Awww – Yuri-ah.”, Jessica was speechless at Yuri’s romantic gesture. After a tired day at work, being treated so sweetly by Yuri made her energy came back in a heartbeat. 

“Wanna go for a dinner date with me this evening?”, Yuri winked. Jessica smiled, Yuri never failed to make her heart flustered.

“Sure. But do you mind if we go to the mall first? I need to buy something for my friend who was just had a baby.”

“Anything for you, Sica.”

They ended up going to the department store as Jessica want to find ‘baby stuff’ for her friend. While Jessica was looking for baby stroller, she took a glance at Yuri and saw that Yuri was at the baby clothes sections, trying to checking up some baby clothes and then chuckled by herself. Jessica’s mind wandering, wondering whether Yuri ever thinks about their future and if she did, what kind of future that Yuri has in her head. Does Yuri picture herself with Jessica like as Jessica had in her mind?

After Jessica finished with her baby stuff shopping and they went for dinner, Jessica finally had the courage to ask the questions about their future to Yuri while they were on the way home.

“Yuri-ah ---“, Jessica started, she was staring at Yuri who was behind the wheel, driving.

“Hmm?”

“Have you --- Uh, do you ever think about the future?”, Jessica asked carefully. She hoped that it was not too soon for Yuri to talk about this stuff.

Yuri chuckled. “Of course I do.”, she quickly answered while eyes still on the road.

“Am I in it?”, Jessica asked again, with full of curiosity.

“Sicababy, you are it. You are my future.”, Yuri turned her head to Jessica and smiled, which made Jessica blushed, her heart jumped in happiness.

“Then --- like how --?”, Jessica stopped mid-sentence, she just wanted to Yuri to keep talking.

“Well --  we could uhm ---“, Yuri was hesitate for a while, but Jessica could see her cheek turned pink. Yuri cleared , she was a bit nervious. This would be the first time that she will let Jessica knows on how she pictured their future together.  “Uhm – you know, maybe get married in the US, then we will have a life together here, expanding the restaurant business in the countryside and have a little house there for our quiet holiday. After that, maybe we could move to San Francisco, your hometown or even Paris to spend our old age. Being a chef in Paris sounds nice, right.. ”

Jessica let out a small laughed, satisfied with Yuri answer. “Do you --- do you want to have kids?”

“I love kids!”, Yuri quickly said. “But not sure who will bear the kid though. Because I am sure if you’re the one who get pregnant, you will turn into a Cruella de Vill then my life would turn to hell.”

“YAH!!!”, Jessica slapped her girlfriend shoulder. Yuri just laughed again. Actually she was really shy when she answered Jessica’s question and she used a joke to hide her embarrasment. She didn’t know whether Jessica would take it well when she knew that Yuri had already thought a lot about their future. But she could not help it, sometimes her mind did wander about how her life with Jessica would be. In fact, Yuri secretly had picturing that they will have a child someday, a beautiful baby girl and one day, the three of them will eat happily in the restaurant they owned together. 

Yuri never thought that her relationship with Jessica could make her this happy. When Juran left her, she thought that she could never be able to be in love again. But there was something with Jessica that Yuri could not even explain, but she just knew. She knew that she was helplessly in love with the ice princess and she never had a doubt that she wanted Jessica for her life.

“I – I hope this does not scare you. I mean – I know I already think that far. But I just love you so much, Sica and well --- “, Yuri stopped the car at the red light, turned her gaze to face Jessica. Yuri wanted to read Jessica’s expression, whether she got scared or she looked happy. 

“I think it’s sweet. I love you too and all that you just  said to me, it sounds beautiful.”, Jessica smiled. She took Yuri’s hand and kissed it. Then she leaned in and captured Yuri’s lips. The kiss was sweet and further became more passionate. 

*HONK!!!*

Both of them were jolt in surprise when they heard the car behind them had honked them. They broke the kiss immediately and they both giggled when they realized that the light has turned green.

**

“The meeting with the lenders went well. I guess we could close the deal quickly with them then we can proceed with Tyler’s company. We hope some negotiation and due diligence can start immediately.”, Taeyeon informed Jessica when they have a late night drink in a nice bistro in Itaewon.

“Well, good to hear that. You think we could find any breach in Tyler’s company?”, Jessica asked while sipping her cocktail.

“Don’t worry.”, Taeyeon assured her. “Hyoyeon is damn good in spotting fishy transaction.”

Jessica nodded a few times. “Anyway, its good that you already settle everything with Sunny. Have you talked to Tiffany?” 

Both of them agreed to meet as Taeyeon wanted to give an unofficial update to Jessica about SM meeting with the lenders of Tyler’s company. But the first half an hour after Jessica arrived, Taeyeon was forced to listen a lecture from Jessica about how stupid Taeyeon was for having a drunk kiss with Sunny and how she should hold herself next time and blah blah blah. Jessica sounded like a mom sometimes.

Taeyeon had talked to Sunny about their situation. Both of them agreed that it was a dumb mistake and they should not get carried away again next time. Sunny admitted that she misses Taeyeon sometimes and envy when she knew that Tiffany has claimed her. But it was not love and they just have to forget about it.

Taeyeon sighed. “No. She refuse to take my call. I came to her musical and she just brushed me away and went home.”

“Oh Tae. Give her a time okay, she’ll come around.”, Jessica tried to calm Taeyeon down by holding her hand.

Suddenly Taeyeon’s phone ringing, Tiffany requested for a video call. Taeyeon quickly frowned when she clicked the green button. She could see Tiffany looked super drunk in a place that looked like a club, with loud noises and packed with people dancing closely to her.

“Hey Tae-tae!! What are you doooiingg?”, Tiffany screamed in between the loud songs playing at the club. “You know what?? You can cheat, I also can have fun and have a little cheat here!!”, she then laughed out loud and she wrapped her arms in a girl’s shoulder.

The other girl who Tiffany hugged was a cute petite Korean girl, looked drunk as well and clinging to Tiffany and smooch Tiffany’s cheek.

Taeyeon’s rage rose up like a rocket seeing the view. “TIFFANY! WHERE ARE YOU? GO BACK HOME NOW!”, she screamed like a mad person.  

“Why would I?”, Tiffany grinned and gulped her drinks. “Don’t ruin the fun Tae-tae. I have to go, byeee!!”

“Fany!”, before Taeyeon could say anything further, Tiffany already hung up the phone. Taeyeon scoffed, she tried to call Tiffany again but the girl didn’t pick up.  

“!! Where the hell is she?”, Taeyeon grunted. Her face looked red, she was damn angry.

“I know where she is. The club looks familiar.”, Jessica said.

“Then let’s go. Come with me to fetch her!”, Taeyeon stood up and quickly dragged Jessica to come with her. Taeyeon could not bear seeing Tiffany like that, getting drunk at the club, in the arms of another woman. She hated it when she had to witnessed Tiffany like that.

Taeyeon speed up the car to go to the club and finally they found Tiffany who already far from sober and dancing shamelessly at the dance floor, hugging the girl.

“Hey???! What the hell? Who are you?”, the petite girl protested and looked very annoyed when Taeyeon quickly came and snatched Tiffany away from her.

“I am her girlfriend!!”, Taeyeon snapped. “And I am taking her home. Come on Tiffany.”  

“Tae?”, Tiffany looked at Taeyeon in surprise, but her eyes was no longer focus and she just slurred. “You’re here? I miss you.”

“Here, let me help you.”, Jessica quickly put her hand on Tiffany’s waist, supporting her weight. Tiffany was no longer able to walk steadily.

“Jessiiiii----“, Tiffany squealed. “Do you know how much I love your stupid friend? I hate it when she is making me like this..”,  she muttered suddenly in a weepy voice. Jessica chuckled. She looked at Taeyeon who secretly smirked, hearing sudden drunk confession from Tiffany.

“Aawww.. You heard her, she loves you, Tae-tae”, Jessica teased. Taeyeon’s face turned red, but now was not because of the anger but rather due to shyness.

“Shut up!”  

Tiffany passed out once she already entered Taeyeon’s car. Taeyeon and Jessica had to carry her when they brought her to Taeyeon’s house. Taeyeon grumbled while she was changing Tiffany’s clothes into a pajama, but she did it anyway. She put an aspirin and a glass of water at the nightstand for Tiffany to drink when she woke up.

Taeyeon carefully lifted up the blanket to cover Tiffany and Tiffany quickly curled up like a ball on the bed. She kissed Tiffany’s forehead before heading out from the bedroom. In the living room, she found Jessica who was on the call. Smiling like an idiot.

You’re still awake? You don’t need to wait for me, Yul. Alright, I going home soon, okay? Love you!”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica with disgusted face. “Stop smiling like a fool, Sica!!”

Jessica laughed. “Can’t help it! Alright Taengo. I need to go back home. Yuri is waiting for me.”, Jessica said, she collected her stuff and grabbed her car key.

“Yeah, wish me luck. I am ready to have a big fight tomorrow.”, Taeyeon let out a sigh.

Jessica softly chuckled. “You know what, I am not taking anyone side here. But cut her some slack, Tae. Tiffany never had a serious relationship before, and I think she just does not know how to handle it. Like right now, she really clueless and she has not been familiar with what people do when there is a problem in a relationship, talking. She doesn’t know how to talk things through.”

Taeyeon just stared at Jessica. What she said was actually made sense. What Tiffany did was just to start a fight with Sunny and went out partying, somewhat like took a revenge of what Taeyeon did to her. Maybe Jessica was right, Tiffany was just not used to this kind of committed relationship.

“Let me know how it goes, okay.”, Jessica said as she pecked Taeyeon’s cheek before she went home.