chapter 18

You Move Me

Everything started to get better in the restaurant. Jessica has come back to work like usual, she still monitored everything in the kitchen but the anxious’ Jessica has been tone down a lot. Since Yuri and Jessica had talked about their problems, Jessica became more open to Yuri and it helped their work dynamic in the restaurant too.

“Here, what do you think?”, Yuri took a spoon and let Jessica taste the mushroom cream soup.

“Yah! Slow down. It’s hot!”, Jessica protested.

Yuri just giggled and mumbled ‘sorry’. She blew the soup couple of times and then shoved back the spoon to Jessica’s mouth for tasting.

“Uhm --- I think still need a little bit of salt.”, Jessica responded. Yuri took the soup and tasted it too.

“You’re right. And I think it’s too thick also. Maybe I’ll add some more water.”, Yuri nodded, agreed to Jessica.

“That’s great. Thanks. You’re the best.”, Jessica smiled and tapped Yuri’s shoulder. “After this, ready to be served, okay?”

“Yes maam!”, Yuri made a salute to Jessica. The latter wanted to giggle actually, but she had to hold it and just rolled her eyes instead.

Unknown to Jessica and Yuri, the kitchen staffs were smiling, admiring at how cute the couple in front of them. For this past week they work really well together and complement each other. There was no drama, no shouting, each of them always listen to the other’s suggestion and gave compliment when they successfully finished a dish. They still work professionally, but they created a more relax atmosphere now in the kitchen.

“Oh Yuri-ssi, why are you so clumsy, you have flour all over your face.”, Victoria came to Yuri and tried to clean up Yuri’s face. Since she was busy stirring, Yuri just let Victoria wiping the flour from her face.

“Victoria-ssi, I believe chef Kwon is not a child and she could clean herself without your help.”, suddenly a cold tone came from Jessica as she glared to Victoria.

Victoria gulped and her face became red. The other staffs tried to hold their laugh. Victoria should be careful as their boss was really possessive over their head-chef.  

“U – understand, Jessica-ssi.”, Victoria replied in a weak voice.

“Gosh, Sica. Don’t scare her.”, Yuri whispered when Jessica scooted closer to Yuri.

“I don’t like it when she just freely touch you like that, in front of me.”, Jessica replied. She talked in a very low voice so the staffs could not hear them.  

“Awww.. you’re jealous.”, Yuri teased.

“Shut up!”

“Jealous – jealous --- jealous ---“, Yuri kept repeating the word, she liked it when she saw jealous Jessica. It was really cute. She actually wanted to dance also to tease Jessica more, but she didnt want to look stupid in front of their staffs. 

“Don’t you dare let her touch you again and please shut up or I will drown your head into a boiling water.”, Jessica gave her icy glare to her girlfriend.

“O – okay –“, Yuri shivered and shut immediately. This Jung was really scary when she was jealous.

“Oh, Taeyeon is here. I will be out from the kitchen to have dinner with her first, okay.”, Jessica said happily after she received a text message from Taeyeon. Her best friend said that she wanted to have dinner at the restaurant.

“Hi Taeyeon!! Eh, where’s Tiffany?”, Jessica waved to Taeyeon and quickly sat on the chair in front of Taeyeon. But she confused when she didn’t see Tiffany there.

“Hi Ice Cube!! Have you told Yuri that I want the usual?”, Taeyeon chirped. Jessica laughed and said that Yuri already prepared the meal that Taeyeon requested, the dish should be served to her any minute now.

“About Tiffany –“, Taeyeon’s face looked a little bit sad. “Yea, she can’t come. She has to go to her friend’s party or something.”

“Why didn’t you come along with her? You guys okay?”, Jessica asked, she was concern.

“Aish, you know I didn’t really like going to party like that. I prefer staying home or have a nice dinner with my friends.”, Taeyeon replied.

Eventhough Tiffany and Taeyeon now were happily in a relationship, but they were also still adjusting their life towards each other. Somehow, the way Tiffany lives were different than Taeyeon. Tiffany was more like a free spirit, she was extrovert and really social. She likes to go to a party, clubbing with her friends while Taeyeon was the opposite. Taeyeon joined her sometimes in the beginning of their relationship, but after a while Taeyeon got tired and chose to wait for Tiffany at home.

Jessica knew this as she was more or less the same like Taeyeon. They prefer a quiet scene compared to hangout in a place with loud music and crowd people. Taeyeon only attended a party if she has too, like a company event or a celebration party. But she was not usually just go out to club or some sort.

“Are you okay with that? I mean, maybe you could talk to her so she, at least, reducing her party habit.”

“Naah, it’s okay.”, Taeyeon just waved it off. “It’s who she is. I don’t want to change that. Although --- maybe it would be nice if she spend more time at home with me.”

“Ha!!”, Jessica clapped her hands. “See?? You actually wants her to stay with you. Just talk to her, Tae. If she loves you, she will understand.”

Taeyeon paused and thought for a while. Maybe she will try to talk about it with Tiffany. “Anyway,  I will go to Japan tomorrow with Sunny for business. You want anything?”

“With Sunny? Just the two of you?”, Jessica raised her brows.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Did you tell Tiffany that you’re going with Sunny? Or – oh don’t tell me you never tell Tiffany about ---”, Jessica gasped.

“I don’t want make unnecessary fight, Sica – Just – I don’t know, maybe later.”, Taeyeon just shook her head, and quickly changed to subject of the conversation once her food came to the table. 

**

“Cheerrss!!!”

Taeyeon raised her glass lazily. Ah, another party she had to attend. SM, her company, has successfully launched their new group’s promotion in Japan so they had a big celebration after the group’s debut. She got bored at the party and just kept drinking any booze that she could easily find on the table.

She didn’t remember how and when, it was more like a scene cut in some parts where she could remember that she saw people dancing, then she witness somebody threw up, but when she regained her consciousness suddenly she realized that she was in the hotel room with someone carrying her, helping her to walk.

“W – where am I?”, Taeyeon asked weakly, she tried to awake and scanned her surroundings.

“Taeyeon, stop moving. Geez you’re heavy.”, someone was talking. Taeyeon felt that she recognized the voice. And now when she could see more clearly, she knew that she was inside her room.

“Sunny?”

“Yeah it’s me. Just --- How many drinks you have, Tae? You know you have a low alcohol tolerance.”, she heard Sunny scolded her.

“Sunny, I think I am okay now. You can put me down on the bed.”, Taeyeon jiggled her body, tried to break loose from Sunny who was supporting her body now.

“Damn, Taeyeon stop moving – aahh!!”, Sunny lost her balance and they both fell on the bed and with Sunny’s body squashed Taeyeon’s body underneath her.

“Ouch – Sunny ---“, Taeyeon wanted to protest but she was still weak. Her head was spinning due to alcohol in her system. But she could felt that Sunny’s body, morever her soft chest was squeezed into her own body.

Sunny eyes fixed to Taeyeon’s. She smiled and caressed Taeyeon’s marble face. She was not that drunk as she was known to have high alcohol tolerance. But even so, enough amount alcohol in her body already made her brain not think clearly.

“You know, sometimes I miss you Taeyeon. I miss being this close to you.”, she whispered.

Taeyeon could not think of anything, her mind went blank. She realized that Sunny’s face was really close to her face. But she liked the warmth that she felt right now.

Don’t know how it started and how it happened, Sunny’s plumped lips already pressed on Taeyeon’s lips. Taeyeon’s head kept spinning, she thought she might be dreaming of kissing someone. But she could not stop. The kissed turned even more passionate when suddenly Taeyeon’s phone rang, a ring tone that Taeyeon set specifically for Tiffany.

Taeyeon abruptly awake and jolt in surprise, she detached her lips from Sunny immediately and tried to breath. This was not a dream. She was really kissing someone, but not her girlfriend.

!! What the hell happened? Did I just kiss Sunny? – Taeyeon

Taeyeon’s hand scrambling to find her phone and she quickly answered the call once she grabbed it next to her on the bed.

“P – Pany – H - Hey baby –“, Taeyeon stuttered, she looked away from Sunny who was still staring at her.

“Hi Boo!! Hey, are you okay? You sound weird?”, Tiffany’s happy tone can be heard on the line.

“Uhh – I am okay – No, actually – I – I think I am a bit drunk.”, Taeyeon tried to speak, she massage her temple with her hands, tried to get rid of the headache.

Tiffany giggled. “Aaaww – You’re so cuteee.. Where are you now? Still at the party?”

“Uh – no.. I am already at my room. Where are you? I thought you also attending your friends’ party?”

“I didn’t really feel like partying. So I just got home. I think I miss you, Tae-tae.”

Hearing that Tiffany went home early because she missed her, Taeyeon quickly felt guilty. How can – how can she was making out with someone else when she has a girlfriend? She was not the cheating type, Taeyeon always value faithfulness and committed to a promise in a relationship. 

“I miss you too, baby. Look, let me freshen up a little bit and I call you back okay?”

“If you’re too drunk, it’s okay if you want to go to sleep, Tae.”

“No no. It’s okay. I miss you and I want to talk to you. Okay, give me 10 minutes.”, Taeyeon shook her head, eventhough Tiffany can’t see it. Then she hung up the call.

“Taeyeon ---“, Sunny started to talk when she saw Taeyeon already ended the call with Tiffany. “I – I am sorry. I am really sorry. I guess, I got carried away. I ---”

Taeyeon lowered her head, didn’t dare to look at Sunny’s face. “It’s --- Just please leave. I need to call Tiffany.”

“Okay.”, Sunny said in a weak voice. She walked through the door. “Again, I am really sorry, Taeyeon.”, she added before she left.

Taeyeon ran to the bathroom and quickly washed her face once Sunny left the room. She cursed herself non-stop for being too drunk and didn’t really alerted of what happened. She needed to talk to Tiffany, she needed to show Tiffany that she missed her, and she just missed her presence and nobody else.

**

It was the first meeting with the investor today. Jessica came to her office with a smile on her face. She entered the meeting room with some of her staffs, sat down and prepare her notes and paperworks to discuss about their partnership plan. But Jessica felt her world crumbles and she wanted to faint on her chair when suddenly someone familiar entered the meeting room. Instead of her investor Kim Jun Hyung, her ex-boyfriend, Tyler Kwon was showing up in front of her face.

“Hello, Jess.”, he smiled warmly and took a seat, facing Jessica.

 Jessica could not utter a single word. She was still shocked. The meeting room went dead quiet.

“Surprise to see me?”

Jessica still kept quiet. She was still trying to think, her mind chaos. What the hell happened? Why Tyler was here?

Tyler chuckled seeing Jessica’s shocking face. 

“You don’t want to welcome me?”, he asked again.

“What are you doing here?”, finally Jessica spoke. Her tone was cold. She could sense that something was not right.

“I am your investor.”

“……”

“Well – not exactly. Kim Jun Hyung, your investor, is my business partner. I was the one who convince him to invest and buy your shares. I told him that your restaurant need funding and has really potential to grow. As an exchange, he appointed me on the board to manage the business.”

“Could you please leave us alone?”, Jessica asked her staffs in the meeting room politely. She could not have this conversation with her employees. Her voice was shaking even though she tried to remain calm and collected.

Jessica’s heart dropped when she heard Tyler explanation. She really wanted to scream right now. She balled her fist, trying to suppress her own anger, she was angry to herself. How could she be so careless? She was so desperate to find an investor to save the financial condition of her restaurant and Kim Jun Hyung’s company actually gave a pretty good offer. But she was missing something important, she didn’t really conduct the proper due diligence on the investor.

“What do you want?”

“Relax, Jess.”, Tyler chuckled again, he leaned on her chair and cross his leg. “I want the restaurant. I told you before aren’t I?”

“And I told you that the restaurant is mine. We agreed to split the business when we broke up.”, Jessica replied. She stared deep to Tyler. Oh how she wanted to slap his face. Jessica never hated Tyler, they were separated on good terms. But maybe somehow after their split, Tyler became greedy seeing how great Jessica’s business were. Many times Tyler approached her and persuade her to give up the business she owned to him, but Jessica always rejected the offer. 

“What can I say? I am businessman. That’s what I do. I want more money.”

Jessica winced. Where did Tyler the sweet guy who she dated gone to? Guess greediness and money could really change a person.

“You can find another restaurant. Why this?”, Jessica asked again. She tried so hard not to yell or sound desperate. She knew that she already lose the battle.

“Don’t you want to work together again with me? We’re great when doing business together.”, Tyler leaned his body forward.

“Hey ---“, Tyler raised his hand up, seeing no response from Jessica. “Don’t get me wrong. It’s pure business. I don’t want to involve in a romantic relationship with you anymore.”

“I am not going to surrender the restaurant to you.”, Jessica spat, she was getting annoyed at Tyler.

“Too late, Jess.”, Tyler said. “You already signed the agreement. And in case you forgot, eventough we are not majority, we put a lot of money, you need our money and we hold special shares where we can control the company’s policy and management board.”

my life – Jessica

“You have to fight me because I am not going anywhere.”, Jessica replied back and lifted up her chin. She would not back out, eventhough she didn’t know what to do or what option she had now, but she didn’t want to look like a loser in front of her ex-boyfriend.

Jessica could felt her leg started to shake and her tears was already on the corner of her eyes. But she held it, she would not let Tyler see her cry.

“You never change, Jess, always being cocky when it comes to work. But sadly, if you’re that stubborn, then the first thing we do is to get rid of you on the board meeting. After that, your entertainment unit business will be our next target.”, Tyler stared at her and gave her a sly smirk. He was dare to face the furious look at Jessica’s face. 

“Is that a threat?”, Jessica let out a sarcastic chuckle. Tyler just shrugged. They were on a staring competition. But Jessica tried not to tremble, she had to be strong.

“Well you know what, I am not afraid of your threat. Those businesses are mine. Watch me.”, Jessica said sternly. Tyler didn’t said anything back and just smiled.

“I will ask the others to come here so we can start the meeting.”, Jessica sighed and she turned around her body, letting her tears finally fell. She knew, today will be a disaster for her. 

------------------------

A/N: I feel bad making Tyler as the bad guy here. I have nothing againts him in real life actually. But hey, this is a fanfic, right? Every fanfic needs a bad guy anyway. :p