chapter 13

You Move Me

“Yuri! Hellooo!!! Are you there??”, Jessica shouted Yuri's name repeatedly while banging on Yuri's apartment door. It has been three days Yuri was gone without any explanation, she didn’t show up the restaurant and there was no information about what happened to her. Jessica started to worry that something bad happen to Yuri and she decided to go to Yuri’s place to check.

“Yuri!!! Hellooo!!!”, Jessica started to shout even louder when there was no response. Then suddenly a click sound can be heard and Yuri opened the door.

Jessica was shocked when she saw Yuri. Yuri looked so pale and weak, her hair was messy and she didn’t really seemed well.

“Oh. Hey Sica.”, Yuri weakly said.

“Yuri! What happened to you? Are you okay?”, Jessica asked worriedly.

“Ah --- I got sick – Uhm, do you want to come in?”, Yuri just smiled and opened the door wider.

Jessica just barged in. “You sick for three days?? Why didn’t you tell me?”, Jessica questioned again, she held Yuri’s shoulder and examine Yuri’s condition.

“Uh – sorry. I was hospitalized ---“

“What???? Why didn’t you inform me??? What happen?”, Jessica cut Yuri, her tone full of concern now. 

Yuri walked and sat on the couch at her living room while holding her stomach. “I got – alcohol poisoning --- but please don’t ask why.”, Yuri quickly said right after she saw Jessica opened to shot another questions.

“I guess my stomach was empty and I drank too much and it was already beyond my alcohol tolerance level. Apparently I have a rather sensitive stomach. I was vomiting like crazy and my stomach hurts like hell.  I was able to drag myself to the hospital and I passed out immediately once I got there. I left my phone here and I could not even wake up for two days so I could not inform anyone. I just got discharged last night. I am sorry, I was planning to let you know this morning, but you already came here.”, Yuri explained.

Jessica’s heart dropped when she heard that.  Poor Yuri, she was sick and she didn’t even have anyone to take care of her when she was in the hospital. Jessica actually had so many questions and of course, she wanted to know how many drink Yuri had and why she had so much drink until she got poisoned. But Yuri already asked her not to ask that so she just kept quiet.

“Have you had breakfast?”, Jessica asked, which Yuri responded by shaking her head. “I’ll make you porridge okay? Don’t protest, I know I am not a chef and I rarely cook but I still can make decent food.”

Yuri just lay there on the sofa, letting Jessica made the porridge for her. Jessica took off her blazer and just put it on the chair. After Jessica finished, she took the porridge in the tray.

“Here, let me feed you.”, Jessica said as she spooned the porridge.

“What?”, Yuri bent her brows. She was startled seeing Jessica sudden sweet gesture to her. “I --- I can eat by myself.”

“Sshh – It’s okay. You still look weak. Just – let me feed you.”, Jessica insisted.

“But ---“

“Omg, just listen to me will you?!”, Jessica glared at her. Yuri finally smiled and let Jessica fed her. With Jessica presence, Yuri felt better as if she could felt the warm emitting from the way Jessica took care of her.

This feels so nice – Yuri.

Maybe because Jessica was there, or maybe because Jessica who made it, Yuri was able to finish the porridge. Jessica then asked where she kept her medicine and quickly took it for Yuri. Once Yuri drank all the necessary medicines, Jessica guided Yuri to her bed to let her rest.

“You just take some rest, as long as you need it. No need to worry about the restaurant, okay.”, Jessica said as she adjusted the blanket for Yuri.

When Jessica was about to leave the room, Yuri suddenly grabbed her wrist. Jessica spun around her body and she found Yuri with a pleading look on her face.

“Don’t go. Please --- just – just stay here.”, Yuri asked, her voice was weak.

“But ---“

“Please –“, Yuri begged again, which made Jessica heart soften. Jessica let out a defeated sigh and then she nodded.

Soon as she shoved herself inside the blanket and positioned herself next to Yuri, Yuri quickly snuggled to her and let head rested on the crook of Jessica’s neck. Yuri inhaled a breath and sniffed Jessica’s scent, it was mixed between her perfume, her lotion and her own scent. Then she was sure, without questions, this was the warmth that she needed, Jessica was someone that she needed. This time, it felt so right for Yuri.

Yuri quickly dozed off once Jessica held her in her sleep. Jessica looked at Yuri, she brushed her fingers to Yuri’s hair then she placed a soft kiss on Yuri’s forehead. Having Yuri this close to her, remembering how worry she was seeing Yuri in this condition made her realized something. No matter how hard she tried to deny her feelings, she could not run away from Yuri. Because she could felt it, this was where she belonged, with Yuri.  

**

“Yuriii????”

Yuri abruptly awaken when she heard there was a scream in her room. When she sat down and rubbed her eyes, she found Juran, already stood there in front of her door room. was opened and she looked shocked.

Sooyoung was next to her, also looked the same. She could not believe her eyes, to find her best friend in bed, with Jessica Jung. 

Yuri widened her eyes and immediately froze when she fully awake and she realized that there was someone who lay beside her in bed, it was Jessica. And being the sleepyhead, Jessica didn’t even budge hearing the screaming.

“Juran? Wha – “

“What am I doing here???”, Juran shouted. “You told me this morning about you got hospitalized!! I was so worried since I didn’t hear from you for 3 days!!! And once I read your text, I asked Sooyoung to come with me to your house!!!”

Sooyoung gulped, seeing Juran’s face was so read as she was so angry. Juran had to drag Sooyoung to Yuri’s place since she didn’t have a key to Yuri’s apartment. Yuri gave Sooyoung a spare key, just in case if something happened to Yuri and Juran was afraid she could not enter into Yuri’s apartment if Yuri was still too weak or still sleeping.     

“Who is that????”, Juran took a step forward and harshly pulled out the blanket from Jessica’s body.

“Errm --- 5 more minutes.”, Jessica mumbled, still unaware about what happened in the room.

“Wake up!! wake up! Is this your boss???! What the ? I was damn worried and it turns out you were sleeping with her????”, Juran pointed her finger to Jessica while looking at Yuri, she shook Jessica’s body violently.

“Ju – Juran – Slow down – Don’t –“, Yuri stuttered, she didn’t know what to do when Juran kept trying to wake Jessica up.

“What the hell?! Yuri-ah why you wake me up? You need to re ----“, Jessica paused when she already awake and realized that it was not Yuri who woke her up.

“!!! What are you doing here???”, Juran yelled to Jessica’s face. Jessica just winced a little bit. Then she stood up from the bed and quickly adjusted her hair and her clothes. She stared at Juran and lifted her brows, her face showing no emotion at all, as usual.

“I came here to check on her. She didn’t show up at the restaurant and I need to know where my head chef is.”, Jessica finally answered it calmly.

“Bu –“

Juran paused when Jessica raised her hand in front of Juran, asked her shut up. “Before you accused me, let me tell you I came here, made her porridge and then just accompany her to sleep. That’s it.”

“What???”, Jessica’s cold attitude sent Juran’s rage to skyrocket.

Jessica tilted her head. “Which part of my explanation that you don’t understand?”

“Juran --- I can explain this.”, Yuri also stood up, trying to control the situation inside the room that already heated because of Juran’s anger. She wanted to stop Juran but she still too weak to even move.

“You!”, Juran turned her face and glared to Yuri which made Yuri stop her step. “I will deal with you later. First, I need to throw this away from here.”

Jessica chuckled sarcastically. “No need, I can find myself a way out. And just so you know, Yuri was the one who asked the company of this .”, she took a glance to Yuri for a second before she walked away towards the door. Jessica didn’t know what got into her, but she just wanted to show to Juran that she didn’t lose the battle. 

Yuri widened her eyes when she heard Jessica said that. Juran scoffed and almost jumped to Jessica to hit her but Sooyoung quickly reacted and held her waist, preventing her to pounce on Jessica.

“Sooyoung! Let me go! I need to slap this !”, Juran grumbled and tried to escape from Sooyoung’s grip, her hands still reaching to Jessica.

“STOP! STOP!”, Sooyoung finally talked and she shouted. “Look, Juran calm down, really you want to have a cat fight here???”, Sooyoung glared to Juran and scolded her when she finally let go Juran’s waist.

“Jessica-ssi, I am so sorry but I think its better if you leave now.”, Sooyoung turned her gaze to Jessica.

Jessica nodded as she walked to the door. “Anyway, it’s nice to see you again, Sooyoung-ssi.”, she then smiled and tapped Sooyoung’s shoulder before she got out.

“Juran, you see how weak Yuri is, right? Please don’t yell at her now. Can you wait outside for a while, try to calm down yourself? I will talk to her.”, Sooyoung turned her gaze to Juran. Juran just scoffed but she  went out anyway to the living room.

“Thanks, buddy.”, Yuri said after Sooyoung was the only one in her room. Sooyoung then sat at the edge of the bed, patted Yuri’s head.

“You okay? How’s you conditions?”, she softly asked Yuri.

“Little bit better – I guess. But this thing making me headache.”, Yuri replied and smiled bitterly.

Sooyoung let out a sigh. “What are you doing, Yul? This thing, with Jessica and then Juran – I mean, what is this?”

Yuri groaned hearing that questions. “I don’t know --- I – I really don’t know.”, she shook her head and ruffled her hair.

“No. I think you actually know what you are doing. You know what you want. You just don’t want to admit it.”, Sooyoung said sternly, then she smacked Yuri’s head.

“Aaww!! Hey! Don’t give me more headache!”, Yuri protested as she stared at Sooyoung.

“You already know what you want when you let Jessica here and asked for her company. But you just being a coward to even think that you should fight for her. And you choose the easy way, staying with Juran.”, Sooyoung continued.

Yuri chuckled the pain out, trying to hide her fear. She had to admit that what Sooyoung said was really true. She knew who the person her heart yearned for, but she scared of rejection, scared of being broken hearted by another one. Deep dpwn inside she perfectly felt it, she didn’t love Juran anymore. Staying with Juran was good for convenience, because they used to love and familiar with each other, but it would not be fair for both of them. And look what happened now, she just damaged herself because of that.

 “I will talk to her.”, she said to Sooyoung.

**

Taeyeon walked home with a wide grin on her face. Jessica just informed her that she already waited for Taeyeon in the apartment after she finished her work.

“Ice Cube! I am home!! Here I bought food.”, Taeyeon said happily when she walked in and took off her shoes. But her face suddenly changed when she saw Jessica there, waiting in the living room, with Tiffany.

She halted her step and left hanging. “W—what is she doing here?”, Taeyeon finally able to let out her questions.

Jessica just smiled. “Taeyeon, can we talk? Tiff, please wait here for a while, okay?”, the latter just nodded in response.

“Why are you here with her? What is this, what happen?”, Taeyeon asked with a confuse look when Jessica dragged her to her bedroom to talk.

“Tae –“, Jessica started and she held Taeyeon’s hand, asked her to sit down on the bed. “I – We can’t do this anymore. This thing, whatever you want to call it, between us. You know you always make me happy, but not this way. I don’t want to lose you but if we keep doing what we are doing right now, I am afraid it will happen.”

“It’s --- It’s Yuri isn’t it?”, Taeyeon asked.

Jessica chuckled. “It’s not just her. Even without Yuri, I don’t think I can do this anymore.”

Taeyeon looked down. She felt disappointed but somehow she felt… relieve as well. She didn’t know why but there something that it seemed forced in their current relationship. “But why Tiffany?”

“I call her and ask her to come here. I can see that you have this longing to be with her. I knew it when you didn’t hesitate to chase her when I told you to. If you don’t have any feelings for her, you will stay by my side and didn’t chase her. ” Jessica explained it calmly. She wanted Taeyeon to be happy. She knew Taeyeon was happy with her, but she thinks Taeyeon would be happier with Tiffany.

“I am sorry, Sica.”, Taeyeon finally lifted up her face and met Jessica’s eyes. “I love you. I do. But I think, my love for you changed over years and it becomes --- I don’t know – it’s like I love you more than just a lover would, it’s beyond that.”

Taeyeon finally admit it and can see it clearly. She didn’t doubt her feelings for Jessica, but her love was not the same love she had for Jessica before.

Jessica caressed Taeyeon cheek with her palm. “We may not meant to be. But I always love you, you are my soulmate.”

Taeyeon grinned. She felt the same. “Soulmate.”, she mumbled. Taeyeon leaned forward and peck Jessica’s lips.

“Then soulmate we are. I love you.”

“Okay. Go see your Tiffany. I should be going home.”, Jessica said. She, too, felt something was lifted up from her shoulder. She felt free and no more burden, this is what she needed.

Taeyeon smiled. Then she went out from her room, to meet her own happiness.

“Tiff, take care of her, okay?”, Jessica winked to Tiffany before she walked out from Taeyeon’s apartment.

Tiffany looked at Jessica and smiled, really thankful of Jessica because they both finally reached the same understanding. And she got them back to her, her Taeyeon and her good friend, Jessica. 

--------------------------------

A/N: A little bit late, but Happy Birthday to our Jessicat :)