chapter 7

You Move Me

Jessica chuckled when she saw Yuri who fell asleep on the train on their way back to Seoul. Yuri’s tongue slightly stick out from , amusing Jessica and made Jessica smiled at the sight.  

After the 2nd day conference was over, they went straight to the train station to go back. Jessica didn’t know, Yuri was so sleepy during the conference as she could not sleep last night. After Jessica landed the kiss on her cheek, Yuri kept repeating their date in her head, and she kept smiling like an idiot on her bed. She should be sleeping, but thinking about Jessica in her mind kept her awake almost the whole night.

Yuri finally awake when they were arrived because her head bumped the window once the train stop.

“ouch…”, Yuri mumbled and grab her head. She heard a cute giggle beside her and her face quickly became red when she found Jessica was laughing at her.

“Ehheheh --- Well uhm – I –“, Yuri grinned awkwardly, but unable to say anything.

“You’re so cute.”, Jessica smiled. “Come on. Let’s get out.” 

Yuri was ready offering herself to take Jessica home when they already at the station, but just when she was about to ask and opened , she saw Jessica waved to someone and she saw Taeyeon there, waving back.

“Yuri-ah, I had an appointment with Taeyeon this evening. So she offered to pick me up.”, as if Jessica could read her mind, Jessica quickly explained.

Yuri frowned.

Damn you Taeyeon! I really want to take her home!! Why you had to pick her up?! – Yuri

“It’s okay. I will take a cab from here. I guess I will go to the restaurant first. See how it goes.”, Yuri said as she tried to hide her disappointment. She ended-up deciding to go to the restaurant after she saw Taeyeon already made an appointment with Jessica.

“You don’t need to. Just come to the restaurant tomorrow. Don’t you want to rest today?”, Jessica asked.

Yuri shook her head. “It’s okay. I need to check on them anyway.”

“Hi Ice Cube!! Oh hey Yuri!!”, Taeyeon chirped when she saw the two of them. Then she help Jessica by quickly took Jessica’s luggage from Jessica’s hand, forcing Yuri to eyeing the situation.

I didn’t know Taeyeon can be this sweet to Jessica – Yuri.        

“Hey Taeyeon!! How are you! Long time no see!”, Yuri replied, trying to be as cheerful as possible.

Taeyeon and Yuri chatted for a while, updating the news about each of them before they finally had to separate.

“Okay. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”, Yuri said. She was about to kiss Jessica on the cheek, but Jessica didn’t catch Yuri’s intention and went for a hug. Yuri’s chin ended up hitting Jessica’s head, then they just retreated from each other groggily. It was just awkward.

“Ah yes, okay. See you tomorrow. Be careful on the way to the restaurant.”, Jessica finally waved when she followed Taeyeon to her car.

“What was that?”, Taeyeon asked after witnessing the awkward goodbye between Yuri and Jessica.

“Huh? What was what?”, Jessica played dumb. She actually knew what Taeyeon was talking about.

“Oh come on, Sica. Don’t pretend. That was just weird, when you guys exchanging goodbyes. Hmm.., did something happen between you and Yuri?”, Taeyeon questioned again, she squinted her eyes.  

“W-what? Nothing! Of course nothing happen.”, Jessica said, but her tone were higher than usual and she blushed.

“Ha!! You sound weird!!”

“Shut up and just drive, Taenggo!”

**

Jessica: How’s the restaurant?

Yuri: Not bad. Quite lots of people are coming. I wish you were here. What are you doing?

Jessica: I am having dinner. I wish you were here too.  

Yuri: Does Taeyeon a better company compared to me? *pout

Jessica: Maybe *wink

Yuri: Ouch. Meanie. How’s the food?

Jessica: Good. But your dish is so much better.

Yuri: Of course. I made it with the thought of you.   

Jessica: Stop flirting and do your job!!! *boss mode on

Taeyeon examined Jessica, who was now just ignored the food in front of her and busy with her phone, smiling widely.

“I haven’t seen you spend more than 5 minutes without checking your phone. Well, I know you’re busy and usually exchanging messages or emails, but if it related to work, you would not smiling like an idiot everytime you check your phone and forget about your food.”, Taeyeon squinted her eyes.

“What? It’s about work. I am checking with Yuri how are things at the restaurant.”, Jessica flustered but still answered it calmly.

“But why the smiling?”, Taeyeon questioned, but she continued before the other had a chance to reply. “I bet Yuri have done something to you but you wont tell me.”

Jessica just kept quiet. She wanted to tell Taeyeon but she still confuse on what she actually feelings towards Yuri now. She decided not to say anything too specific about her feelings because she didn’t know how to do it without sounding like a teenager who had a crush on someone.

“Well??? I am waiting here.”, Taeyeon flung her hand in front of Jessica.

 Jessica sighed and put down her phone to her table. “We were --- we had dinner together and it was great.”

Taeyeon wiggle her eyebrows. “Great as in? Followed by activity in bed?”

“What’s the matter with you? Stop thinking dirty, byuntae!”, Jessica threw a napkin to Taeyeon, which earned a loud laugh from Taeyeon.

“I just --- I don’t know. It’s just feel good to be around her.”, Jessica continued.

“Do you like her? As in, have feelings for her? Wow, does Yuri melt our ice cube?”, Taeyeon kept interrogating.

Jessica blushed, remembering her bold action on giving Yuri kiss on her cheek before. They were drinking soju that night, would it be possible that she was drunk and lonely when she did that? Jessica could not figure out. Okay, maybe she was not being completely honest with herself. She knew what she actually feels, but she just didn’t want to admit it out loud. Or rather, she scared. She didn’t know whether she was ready to have a new relationship.

Jessica shrugged her shoulder. “Maybe I like her. I don’t know. I haven’t feel something like this since a long time. Even when I was with Tyler, this kind of feelings vanished after 3 or 4 years of our relationship. I’m kinda --- forget how it feels.”

“Does this mean I don’t have a chance with you?”, Taeyeon teased.

Jessica rolled her eyes. This again, why Taeyeon kept saying something like this? Sometimes Jessica could not even distinguish anymore whether Taeyeon was joking or not. “What are you talking about? You have Tiffany, right?”

“Ah.”, Taeyeon’s face turned to serious. “Speaking of which, I need to ask you something about Fany. Is she ---- Okay look, I really like her. But it seemed that she’s too carefree and too friendly with everyone, she talks a lot but we never really had a deep conversation. How is her dating history?”

Jessica went silent. She knew that Tiffany never had a really serious relationship and just dating people here and there. And she scared if Taeyeon really falls for Tiffany. Taeyeon was someone who really dear to her and she didn’t want to see Taeyeon hurt.

“uhm ---“, Jessica paused, tried to choose her words carefully. “Just please don’t fall to her too quickly Taeyeon. I know she’s my friend and I don’t mean to say anything bad about her. But she --- it seems it may take a while for her to really have a serious relationship with someone. You’re my friend too and I just want to make sure that --- you will not hurt easily.”

Taeyeon nodded few times after hearing Jessica explanation. After spending quite some time with Tiffany, she noticed that sometimes Tiffany phone will rang many times and Tiffany just reject the call or when a text messages come in she just flip around her phone so Taeyeon wont see it. It was just too secretive sometimes but Taeyeon was able to peek around one or two times and found a name ‘babe’ or ‘cutie’ or other sweet names on Tiffany’s phone when it was beeping.

“Is she like to date around?”, Taeyeon asked again.

“She just haven’t met the right one yet.”, Jessica replied without really answering Taeyeon’s question.

Taeyeon let out a weak chuckle. She knew exactly what Jessica means.

Jessica on the other hand, mentally reminded herself to talk to Tiffany about Taeyeon. She then glanced to her phone and started to feel a little bit panicked inside since there was no reply from Yuri. She was afraid Yuri got offended because of her last reply. She released a relief sigh when her phone screen lights up with notification.

Yuri: I am not flirting with you. I am just stating the fact. When did I ever flirt anyway?

Jessica: You never flirt? Come on, it’s right in front of my face when you flirt with our dessert chef Ms Victoria.  

Yuri: Oh, I didn’t know you actually observed me. Are you jealous? *grin   

Jessica blushed again and now coming back busy on her phone.

“Sica!! Stop playing with your phone and pay attention to meeee ….”, Taeyeon whined, which made Jessica laughed.   

**

Yuri was pacing back and forth in front of Jessica’s apartment building. She went straight from the restaurant to Jessica’s place as there was something bothering her mind. She had thinking this through, she really wanted to ask Jessica out for an official date and she had to do it now. She could not deny herself that she had a huge crush on Jessica, a strong feelings towards Jessica. After knowing Jessica better, she finally could see the real her. Jessica could appeared as cold as ice, but inside she was like a warm ice.

“Uh Jessica --- I am thinking to ask you out --- No!! What about we going for a dinner? Aish no!! Do you have plan this weekend? Want to go out with me? Arrghh ---“, Yuri talked to herself on how to cater her words to ask Jessica for a date. She grumbled as she still didn’t know how to convey it and she just shook her head and ruffled her own hair.

Her heart stopped when she saw a car came towards the building and she could see Taeyeon and Jessica inside. Then the car stopped and Jessica went out and shortly waiving goodbyes to Taeyeon. Yuri froze. It was so much easier to flirt through text messages as when Jessica was in front of her eyes, all the words that she has been rehearsed seemed vanished.

“Yuri???”,  Jessica widened her eyes when she found Yuri.

“Ah, hey ---“, Yuri grinned nervously.

Okay ask her out now. No no no! Not now. Wait, talk to her first. Ask her about her day – Yuri.

“What are you doing here??”, Jessica asked presenting her confused face.

“Uh – yah well – I just finished my work at the restaurant. How’s your day with Taeyeon?”

“It was fine. We had dinner and some drinks. You knew about it anyway since we texted each other.”, Jessica muttered. “Is there something wrong in the restaurant? Is it urgent?”, her tone changed into a serious one. She had this thought that if Yuri came to see her personally maybe she had something really important to say.

“No no!”, Yuri quickly exclaimed. “Uh --- I just --- I just wanted to see you.”

“Oh.”, Jessica’s cheek turned pink and she smiled shyly. “Do you want to come in?”

“Sure.”, Yuri nodded. Then she exhale a breath, calming herself.

Okay. Wait until we’re inside and I will ask her out – Yuri.

After riding the elevator, Yuri trailed behind Jessica who was walking towards the door of her apartment. But Yuri was too engrossed on her thought how to spill out the date invitation and she didn’t realize that Jessica had stopped her step to find her key card and this resulted in Yuri bumping into Jessica from behind.

“Ow..”, Jessica winced when her body was forcedly pressed to the door. “Be careful.”, Jessica protested while turned around to Yuri.

“Sorry – I don’t ---“, Yuri could not even finished her words when Jessica’s face was only centimeters away from her. Their eyes locked for a second, and Yuri’s brain could not help but to instruct her to lean forward and kissed Jessica on the lips.

Jessica could felt an electricity jolt through her body when Yuri’s lips touched hers and soon she could felt that her heart started to quicken its pace. Jessica finally responded to Yuri’s kiss when Yuri pressed her lips more. The innocent kisses soon turned bolder as Jessica wrapped her hands around Yuri’s neck.

Jessica’s left hand quickly opened the door and she just dragged Yuri inside carelessly without breaking the kiss.

“EEHMM!!!”

Suddenly they both heard someone cleared loudly and they abruptly stopped to see who the voice belong to. They found Krystal standing there, grinning while crossing her hand.

“Welcome home, sis. Hi Yuri unnie! ”, Krystal said with teasing voice, still grinning like a creep.

Yuri and Jessica quickly retreated themselves from each other and blushed like mad. Jessica was sure that her face colour already changed as red as tomato and Yuri on the other hand, already felt like she wanted to jump into a hole. The fact that Krystal caught them kissing was beyond embarrassing.

“I thought you have filming.”, Jessica said, trying to sound as calm as possible.

Krystal shook her head. “Nope. I told you I will be at home today. Hmm – what is this?”, she further questioned while pointing back and forth to Yuri and Jessica.

Yuri.

“This is nothing.”, Jessica answered.

“You were making out and you said it was nothing?”, Krystal lifted up her eyebrows. “Ouch, that must be hurt Yuri unnie?”, Krystal then shifted her gaze to Yuri.

“No she’s right. It’s nothing – Uhm, actually I --- I ca --- I came here – b -- because –“, Yuri stuttered, but Krystal cut her before she could finished her sentences.

“because you want to kiss her?”, Krystal giggled. “Aaww… how sweeetttt “, Krystal squealed and put both of her palm on her cheek.

“Krystal!!!!” Jessica growled and gave her little sister a scary glare. But Krystal just continue laughing then quickly ranaway from them, afraid that Jessica will smack her if she teased them further.

“Eh --- sorry. “, Yuri mumbled while scratching the back of her head, feeling guilty.

“No no! It’s fine. It’s just, remind me to throw that little rascal from the balcony later.”, Jessica said which earned a chuckle from Yuri.

After they lounging themselves at the living room, Jessica gave Yuri something to drink and asked her about the situation at the restaurant today. They kept sharing stories about their days eventhough some of it already been shared before through the text messages. After a while, Yuri got reminded herself again about her purpose of coming to Jessica’s house. 

“Uh --- Jessica –“

“Just call me Sica if its easier for you. It’s okay.”, Jessica smiled, she wanted Yuri to be more comfortable around her.

“Okay – Uhm Sica ---“, Yuri gulped, she felt a little bit nervous. “Uh.. Do you ---  uhm – I – I want to – to ask you on a proper date, Sica. Do you --- do you want to go out? You know, with me? This weekend?”

Why kissing her was so much easier than asking her out on a date - Yuri

Jessica was stunned. It was sweet for Yuri to come here just because she wanted to ask her out on a date personally. But this was a new step for Jessica. Did she really ready to experience this again, trying to open herself to someone new? She had 10 years relationships before and it went flat at the end, making her doubt herself if she was capable to keep the love spark when she had to dedicate herself to her work. 

But even without she realized, Yuri has successfully made her open up her heart anyway, little by little, she was sure that she felt something for Yuri. Even with a doubt, but she knew that she wanted more from Yuri.

Jessica let out a chuckle “You asking me out on a date and yet you already you kissed me? Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?”

“Well, kissing you was not part of the plan. I – I mean, I came here because I want to ask you out, not to kiss you. But the kiss was okay --- no, it was great and I don’t mind at all--- But anyway – what am I talking about ---“, Yuri shook her head.

Jessica giggled seeing Yuri blabbering like that. “Okay. Sure. I would love to go out with you.”

Yuri’s tense face turned soft. “Any place you want to go?”

“Surprise me.”, Jessica winked and it almost made Yuri faint on the spot.  

**

Yuri finally excuses herself to go home since it was already late. She gave Jessica a quick peck on the lips and then right after Jessica closed the apartment door, Yuri started dancing like crazy. She already held the urge to dance since Jessica said yes to her date invitation. She was just so happy and she just felt she could fly.

“yes! I did it!! I kiss her and she said yes!! Good job to me!!!”, Yuri talked to herself while dancing with weird moves. She just shook her body like a snake while throwing her hands in the air repeatedly. 

“Yuri unnie?”

Suddenly the door opened and Yuri abruptly stopped her bizarre dancing. Krystal’s head popped out from the door.

“Why are you dancing like that?”, Krystal asked, and showed her grin again.

Yuri’s face turned red. “N-no.. I just ---“

“Did my sister finally agreed to have a date with you?”, Krystal teased.

“What??”

“Jess!!!! Yuri unnie is dancing like a crazy person because you guys kissed and you say yes to her -----”, Krystal turned her head inside the apartment and shouted to Jessica.

“Hey! Hey! What the --- Bye Krystal!”, Yuri quickly waved her hand to Krystal and ran to the elevator.