chapter 8

You Move Me

Yoboseyo.”, Yuri could hear a sleepy Sooyoung on the phone.

Ya!! Sooyoung!! Wake up!!! I need to tell you something.”, Yuri said.

I am still sleeping. Can you tell me later?”, Sooyoung replied lazily as she yawned.

Urm…this is veerryyy important ---  it may be shocking to you – but ---“

OMG! Are you pregnant?”, Sooyoung suddenly shrieked.

What? No!!!

Oh..Then what is it?”

Uh --- I was asking Sica out on a date– and—

Who’s Sica?”

Yuri could felt herself blushed. “I mean – Jessica –

Jessica who?”

Yuri sighed. “Jessica Jung.

There was a paused on the other line. “Hello?? Sooyoungie?”

Jessica??? The Jessica??? Your boss???”, Sooyoung screamed, she was surprised and did not expect it would Jessica’s name that came out from Yuri.

Yuri put the phone a bit away from her ear. “Geez! Don’t scream! Uh – yeah. That Jessica.”,

WHATT? How did that happen?? I thought you hate her!!!! Like really hate her!!”

Yea well --- long story – But I really like her, she is not someone who I thought she was. She is ---“, Yuri closed her eyes and smiled to herself when she remembering Jessica’s face. “She is really warm, sweet, and ---“

Wait, wait!! Are we talking about the same Jessica?”, Sooyoung cut her.

Yes yes the same Jessica.” Yuri started to lose her patience. “I will tell you the whole story when we meet. Anyway, look --- I have a date with her this weekend and – I don’t know where to take her. Please give me any ideas –“

“Are you lost your mind? Are you becoming mentally ill because of her? How on earth you ended up have feelings for her? You’re like super ultra hate her.”

Yuri clicked her tongue. “What the hell? No! I really like her! I promise to tell you the whole story okaaayyy!! Now, this is important. Where should I take her?”

Sooyoung finally gave up and let out a defeated sigh. “I don’t know. Dinner? Movies? Picnic at Han River?

“That’s too ordinary. I want to take her to some place really-really nice and unforgettable.”

“Bungee jumping? Sky diving?”, Sooyoung suggested.

“What? That’s too extreme!”

“You said you do not want to be ordinary.”

“Yeah but not to that extent.”

“Hire a private jet and take her to Italy? Having pizza there?”, Sooyoung gave another suggestion.

“Can you be more realistic?”

“Uhmm --- taking her to a ghost tour? You’ll have a chance to hold her hands all the time and hold her.”, Sooyoung teased and laughed.  

Yuri sighed again and gave up. “Okay, I don’t even know why I asked you. Bye!!”

Don’t forget you owe me a story!!!”, Sooyoung screamed again before Yuri hung-up the call.

**

Taeyeon waited for Tiffany outside the theatre. Tiffany was having a new show for her musical and Taeyeon was planning to make a surprise visit and picked her up after the show.

Although Jessica’s story about Tiffany kept her alerted, but Taeyeon could not deny that she had feelings for the American girl. She tried to think positive that all the names that usually popped out from Tiffany’s phone were all her friends and nothing more. The last time Taeyeon really liked a girl, she lost it to someone else because she didn’t fight enough for the girl. This time, she chose not to make the same mistake. She liked Tiffany and she won’t back down easily.

When she saw Tiffany came out from the building, Taeyeon’s face turned bright and she already moved her feet. But then she halted her step, when suddenly a guy came to Tiffany and hugged her tightly. Taeyeon froze on her spot when she suddenly saw Tiffany leaned forward and kissed the guy.

The guy put his hand on Tiffany’s shoulder and Tiffany wrapped her hand on his waist. They were walking together and Tiffany was giggling when the guy whispered something to her ear. Taeyeon jaw dropped for a second, before she finally realized she was still staring at the sight and she tried to swallow. She was torn whether she just turn around and went home or actually confronted Tiffany.

Okay. Now or never – Taeyeon.

Taeyeon decided to keep walking towards Tiffany and the guy.

“Hey Fany.” Taeyeon greeted. Tiffany stopped her giggle immediately when she heard the voice and found Taeyeon there, in front of her face.

“Tae?? W – what – what are you doing here?”, Tiffany was stuttered and widened her eyes.

“Uh – I actually wanted to surprise you, but ---“, Taeyeon didn’t finish her sentence. She didn’t want to say much when the guy was still there.

“Ah, sorry. Taeyeon, this is Gray – Gray, this is Taeyeon.”, Tiffany casually introduced Taeyeon to the guy. They shook hand briefly and the guy smiled at Taeyeon.

“Gray, do you mind? I need to talk to Taeyeon for a while.”, Tiffany further said to Gray, which he nodded as approval.

Tiffany dragged Taeyeon a little bit far from the guy. She actually didn’t expect that Taeyeon would come to see her. She didn’t mind actually, of course she didn’t because she really liked this dork girl. It was just, she’s Tiffany, she didn’t want to settle yet and still wanted to have fun. 

“Why didn’t you tell me beforehand that you want to come?”, Tiffany asked, she held Taeyeon’s hand.

“It would not be a surprise if I told you.”, Taeyeon smiled. “So ---- who’s that guy?”, Taeyeon carefully asked and pointed her finger to the guy.

Tiffany paused for a moment and Taeyeon could see she was a bit hesitant to answer. “He --- he is a friend of mine.”

“A friend who you kissed on the lips?”, Taeyeon withdrew her hand from Tiffany’s and lifted up her eyebrows.

Tiffany lowered her head and she didn’t say anything. Taeyeon swore that she could hear her own heart cracked a little bit.

“So --- Am I the same like him?”, Taeyeon asked again.

“Look, Taeyeon --- He’s not my boyfriend and you and I --- we’re --- we’re not even together –“, Tiffany said weakly.

She looked at Taeyeon, and her heart ached to see how the cute marble face turned into something gloomy. Tiffany saw a hope crumbled from Taeyeon’s gaze, mixed with a sad longing there, making Tiffany quickly turned her head. She was afraid if she spent more minutes staring at Taeyeon, she would lost there.

 “So? What am I to you?”, Taeyeon questioned, her voice a little bit shaky.  

“You --- You’re my friend, right?”, Tiffany replied, unsure.  

Taeyeon looked at her in silent. It was devastating.

“I see.”, Taeyeon let out a bitter smile. “I guess, I’ll see you around then.”

“We’ll talk later, okay?”, Tiffany quickly said, tried to control the situation. She knew that she hurt Taeyeon and for the first time, she didn’t like the feeling of hurting someone.

Taeyeon just nodded. But she knew she would not talk to Tiffany again. It was pointless. Tiffany only see her as a friend and nothing more. For Tiffany, dating someone was just a date, having fun, and they would not going anywhere.

“Tae –“, Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s hand before Taeyeon walked away.

“Hmm?”

“I am sorry if you took it the wrong way. I --- I like you. I like spending time with you ---“

“I see a ‘but’ coming, so please – I don’t need to hear it.”, Taeyeon cut Tiffany mid-sentence. She already knew where she stands and she didn’t need to hear it came out from Tiffany’s lips.

**

“Yuri-ssi, what do you think?”

“……..”

“Yuri-ssi?”, Jessica repeated.

 “Huh? What?” Yuri was startled when Victoria nudge her elbow.

“Jessica-ssi is asking you whether you think we should add new menu for certain special days.”, Victoria whispered to her.

Yuri was spacing out, lost in her own mind when she was staring at Jessica when they had a meeting to discuss Jessica’s plan to add more menu for the restaurant. Jessica looked so elegant when she was in a boss mode, explaining and talking in a calm and stern voice. And now Yuri found it dreamy instead of scary like before.

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. “Yuri-ssi, please pay attention.”, she scolded, making Yuri frowned. In front of her employees, Jessica acted like a professional with Yuri and she really knew how to limit her interaction with Yuri. With this kind of attitude, no-one would ever suspect that Yuri just had a lip-locking session with their boss few days ago.

“Ah yes. Sorry.”, Yuri cleared . “I think it’s a good idea. But, what kind of special days are we talking about? Like Christmas? Valentine’s day? Or do we make it a like monthly thingy, like for this month our special menu would be dish A and the next month would be dish B?”

“If we want to make it a monthly thing, we need to make sure that there will a demand there or otherwise, it will be just a waste of food.”, Jessica replied.

Yuri secretly took out her phone and texted Jessica, she really wanted to tease Jessica.

Yuri: don’t be a meanie boss *pout. I was spacing out because I can’t stop staring at your beautiful face.

Jessica felt that her phone was vibrating, she took out her phone from her pocket, took a peek for a while. She saw Yuri’s name in the notification. She wanted to smile but she need to hold it. She would looked stupid in front of her employees if she suddenly grinning like an idiot. So she just sighed and she was able to maintain her flat face as she put her phone back to her pocket.

Seeing no reaction, no smile and no changed on Jessica’s face, Yuri frowned again.

Damn. She doesn’t even budge seeing my text. She’s really an ice princess – Yuri

“Maybe we need more research about this one. See how the other restaurant did it. ”, Victoria added.

Jessica thought for a while and nodded. Maybe Victoria was right, she needed to think about this carefully. Improvisation was good, but it must be interesting enough for the customer.

Before they ended the meeting, one of the waiter came into the kitchen. “Sorry. Do I disturb the meeting?”, she asked politely.

“We’re just about to finish the meeting. Why?”, Jessica replied and asked back.

“Uh --- there’s someone here looking for Yuri-ssi.”, she said.

Yuri bent her eyebrows, who would came here and ask about her where-about from the employee at the restaurant? If it was Sooyoung, she would simply came and sat down or probably text Yuri beforehand to inform that she wanted to come.

“Who is it?”, Yuri asked curiously.

The waiter shrugged her shoulder. “I don’t know. She said it’s really important.”

“Okay. I think that’s it for today. Thanks everyone, back to work.”, Jessica clapped her hands and ended the meeting. “Come Yuri, see who wants to meet you.”

Jessica went outside the kitchen and Yuri followed her closely. Jessica also curious about this person who were looking for Yuri. She admitted it, she was a bit possessive about Yuri.

There was a woman who immediately stood up from her seat when she saw Jessica and Yuri coming out of the kitchen. The woman was pretty, not far from Yuri's height, with a slender build and short neck hair.

When Yuri finally saw the appearance of that woman, she almost fainted. She stopped her step as if her feet didn’t want to walk towards the woman. Her jaw dropped.

This can’t be real – Yuri.

The woman smiled, she walked her step and now stood up just before Jessica and Yuri.

“Hi Yul.”, she happily greeted Yuri and smiled widely.

Yuri just kept quiet and stared at the woman.

“Annyeonghaseo, miss. I was told that you are looking for Yuri-ssi?”, Jessica asked politely and bowed.

“Ah, I am sorry. You must be Ms. Jung, the owner of the restaurant.”, the woman turned her face to Jessica and bowed back. Then she extended her hand, ready to shake hand with Jessica.

“Yes. And you are?”, Jessica questioned again as she welcomed the shake hand.

“My name is Juran. Yuri’s fiancee.”