chapter 20

You Move Me

“What’s this?”, Jessica gave Yuri a confuse look when suddenly Yuri gave her two train tickets to Busan.

“Let’s take a short trip, Sica. I think we both need this.”, Yuri just shrugged her shoulder and smiled.

“But ---“

“Come on.”, Yuri whined and persistence. “We’ve been so tense since the meeting with SM. We should relax and clear our mind. And just – you know, spending time alone just the two of us.”

The meeting with Taeyeon, Sunny and the other two SM staffs got halted due to the tension between Yuri and Jessica. Sunny suggested that Yuri and Jessica to discuss internally between them to decide whether Yuri needed to involve in the investment. Since then, their relationship got a little bit strained. There was awkwardness between them but nobody dared to talk about it. It became a sensitive issue and both of them avoided the subject, however, the situation create a distance between them.

Jessica sighed. But in her mind, maybe it was a good idea to have a short trip anyway. She was so stressed lately and she needed to relax, go outside Seoul and not thinking about work for a while.

“Okay. What about the restaurant? Who ---“

“No need to worry about that.”, Yuri cut her again. “I’ve told everyone in the kitchen to do business like usual and no need to listen to Minho. They all on my side.”

Jessica finally let out a small smile. At least, Yuri was making effort and she needed to appreciate that.  “Arasso.. arasso. Let me pack my things then.”, she answered, which made Yuri smiled widely and gave a peck on her forehead.

**

“Tae, your phone is ringing.”, Tiffany shouted and knocked on the bathroom door.

“It must be the food. Just answer it, baby.”, Taeyeon shouted back from inside. She was showering.  

Tiffany sighed but she answered Taeyeon’s phone anyway. They were hanging out at Taeyeon’s place and they just ordered food via online. Tiffany talked the guy who will deliver the food but when she was about to hang up the phone, suddenly a text notification popped up and she found Sunny’s name there.

‘Taeyeon, please talk to me. Im so sorry that the kiss happened…..’

Curiosity creeped within Tiffany’s head and she widened her eyes in shock. She tried to ignore her urge to open the message but she could not hold it and ended up open it anyway.

‘Taeyeon, please talk to me. Im so sorry that the kiss happened. I just… I just miss you so much sometimes and I think the alcohol made everything worse. That night reminded me so much at time when we were together. But I don’t regret it though, it was lovely to me because you’re sweet and you always will be. But please, I don’t want things got awkward between us. I understand that you are not available now and trust me I don’t want to ruin your relationship. I just want us to get close again. Talk to me, Tae please.’

Tiffany gritted her teeth. She got angry. What happened with Taeyeon and Sunny? They kissed? When? Tiffany quickly marched her step to the bathroom and bang the door impatiently.

“Taeyeon!!! Are you finished? I need to ask you something!!!”, she shouted.

“Huh? Wait I am putting my shirt.”, Taeyeon answered. Inside the bathroom, she was confused because Tiffany sounded really mad.

“HURRY UP! I need to ask you something important!!!”

The bathroom door opened and Taeyeon looked at her with a confuse face. Tiffany’s face looked red, but clearly it was not a blush.

“What’s going on baby?”

“Sunny text you. And you need to explain.”, Tiffany said then shoved Taeyeon’s phone to her face. Taeyeon gulped. Seeing how scary Tiffany was, Sunny must sent a text that really unfavorable to her.

Taeyeon read the text and gulped for the second time. She cursed herself many times to let Tiffany held her phone. She didn’t dare to face Tiffany and kept her head down. This was going to be the end of her life.

I am doomed. Just kill me now – Taeyeon.

“WELL????? I AM WAITING HERE! What the hell was this? What happen between you and Sunny?????”, Tiffany shouted again in front of Taeyeon’s face.

Hearing Tiffany’s loud voice, Taeyeon finally spoke. “I --- I am sorry – It was a mistake – I –“, her voice trembled. She really didn’t know what to say and how to explain.

“DID YOU HER?”, Tiffany asked again, now in English and her voice getting louder.

“Fany-ah, listen to me first okay?”, Taeyeon tried to plea and held Tiffany’s hands, but Tiffany yanked it away.   “It was when SM had a party and I was so drunk --- No, we didn’t have .. It was a mistake, Fany-ah. Trust me I didn’t think at that time ----“

“So you guys kissed? Making out???? What????”

Not wanting to make Tiffany angrier, Taeyeon didn’t dare to say anything.

“Taeyeon talk to me!!!!”, Tiffany yelled again.

“Okay --- okay”, Taeyeon finally muttered, afraid that Tiffany’s voice would awake the whole neighborhood. “Fany-ah, I am really sorry. I am so sorry. But it was the truth, I was really drunk at that time and she helped me went back to my room. We were – kissing, but that’s it. I stopped it, I – Then she got out from my room. I swear, we didn’t have .”

Tiffany scoffed. “I tried so hard to stay loyal to you. I even blocked all of my flings number. And yet here you are, cheating on me just like that.”

“It didn’t mean anything Fany-ah. I love you. Please – I am sorry.”, Taeyeon pleaded.

“Why she said something like it reminded her when you guys were together? How long have you been cheating on me???”, Tiffany asked again, she crossed her arms in her chest. But her eyes began to watery, she was so angry and disappointed at the same time and she could not hold her tears anymore.

“It’s not like that!”, Taeyeon quickly exclaimed. “We used to date. Briefly. I was --- I admit it I was a fool back then, desperately trying to forget my feelings for Jessica and tried to move on and date someone. It didn’t work out and ---“

“What are you, a weirdo? Why you date all of your friends???”

“Fany-ah, listen to me. Sunny and me was a mistake. I didn’t love her. All my life I only love two people. Jessica --- and now you. Now ONLY YOU.”, Taeyeon emphasized the word ‘you’ to convince Tiffany.  

Tiffany just stared at Taeyeon with sad looking eyes. Then she gathered her stuff and ready to walk out. Taeyeon tried to hold her and begged her to stay to talk about it further, but to no avail, Tiffany still stormed out of her house.

**

As if repeating a scene where they had their non-official first date, Yuri brought Jessica to Haeundae beach in Busan. The difference was before it was winter when they had their first date and now it was summer. The weather was warm and even at night, there were quite a lot of people swimming on the beach. 

They were strolling around the beach when the sun was set down and finally they sat down at the shore when the sky got dark. Jessica leaned her body to Yuri who held her from behind. They just sat there in silent.

“Why did you bring me here?”, Jessica asked, breaking the silence, she turned her head to face Yuri.

Yuri just chuckled. “Because I miss you.”

“What do you mean you miss me? We see each other almost everyday.”

“We --- I feel like we are so distant lately. And being here, it reminds me how good it feels, how I cherish the moment when we had our ‘date’ back then. It was the first time that I got closer to you and I want to feel it again. I want you to feel it again too.”

Jessica beamed a soft smile and she quickly gave a quick peck on Yuris cheek. Yuri was so adorable back then, and now she was still adorable as ever. Jessica looked at the sky then back to the beach. The night was so beautiful as the contrast of the color of the sand and the sky with the glass buildings that reflect the sky works wonders. She closed her eyes and unconsciously smiled. Suddenly an image came to her mind. She could really picturing herself and Yuri together, having a life in a beach house where they could relax at the beach every sunset time (she would be too lazy to watch the sunrise for sure), where they would have coffee every morning with a view of glowing sand in front of them and ended up growing old together.

Jessica never had the same thought or image when she was with Tyler. She loved him of course, but she just went with the flow or maybe it was always about their business during their relationship until she never had a glimpse of an image about how the future life with Tyler would be. She was surprised actually that she could have this kind of thinking with Yuri. Is Yuri the one? Jessica was not sure. But she was sure that she loves this tanned girl so much that she was willing to do anything to keep their relationship.

“Okay.”, suddenly Jessica said as she nodded slowly.

“Huh? Okay what?”, Yuri asked confusingly.

“You can invest in the restaurant.”

Yuri widened her eyes and loosen her grip on Jessica’s waist. “Really? I --- How come – What changed your mind?”

Jessica turned her body around and caressed Yuri’s cheek softly. “My love for you changed my mind. Even though you have your investment, I will not let the business ruin what we have. I love you so much and even things got bad, I will fight for our relationship. I didn’t do anything when my relationship fell apart with Tyler, but with you, I won't let that to happen.”

Yuri stared lovingly at Jessica, she was so touched at Jessica’s words. The love that Jessica has for her was really overwhelmed.

“It’s okay, Sica. I understand if you don’t want me to invest. Really I do. I am so sorry if I seem pushing you too hard. I just wanted to help. And I really love the restaurant, I treated it as if it was my own. I just thought it would be nice if I could share my dreams to have my own restaurant with you. But I understand if you don’t want to.”

Jessica shook her head. “I am sorry, too. For being too scared about this whole thing. It’s a difficult decision but I guess with you, everything would be easier.”

“Are you sure?”, Yuri asked again, to re-confirm Jessica’s decision.

Jessica nodded strongly. “Yes, I am.”

“Okay. But you know what, I actually don’t care how it goes. You can hold my money under your name, I don’t care. You could give me shares without any rights or you could have your entitlement to kick me anytime after we get rid of Tyler, I don’t care. For all I care, I just want to help in whatever I can.”, Yuri said, assuring Jessica that she has no intention to do bad things to her girlfriend. Money was not everything, but Jessica is everything to her.

“Alright, Seobang. But I am not that mean you know. You will be entitled to whatever that is yours. As such, although we are in a relationship, we will sign a written agreement, okay.. It’s not because I don’t trust you, but ---”

Yuri giggled. “I know, baby -- I know. We need to be professional. Don’t worry. And thank you.”

“No. Thank you.”, Jessica said and poked Yuri’s cheek. “For staying by my side.”

Yuri could saw that Jessica’s face turned brighter after they had this conversation. Jessica finally felt that one of her burden vanished. Yuri was beside her, and she will be okay.

“Okay now enough with the business talk. Let’s go back to our hotel and cuddle.”, Jessica said.

“Just cuddle?”, Yuri wiggled her brows, teasing Jessica.

“Cuddle and --- you can do whatever you want with me in bed.”, Jessica whispered and gave a little bite to Yuri’s ear, making Yuri shivered.

“Alright then let’s not waste our time here.”, with her hormones skyrocketed, Yuri quickly stood up and dragged Jessica back to their hotel.     

**

“Annyeong haseo, Jessica-ssi.”, all of the staffs bowed to Jessica when she entered into the restaurant kitchen.

It has been a long time Jessica didn’t show up at the restaurant and she actually missed her restaurant. She came there to fetch Yuri before they go to SM office and she decided to greet her staffs in the kitchen. She looked around the kitchen, then she looked out to the inside of the restaurant, with all of the customer happily eating there. She really missed this place.

“How’s everything here?”, she asked.

“Everything’s fine.”, suddenly Minho showed himself to Jessica and offered her a handshake. “You must be Jessica Jung. I am Minho.”

Jessica just gave him a cold stare and looked at him from head to toe. She basically ignore the handshake offer and Minho finally retreated his hand. Minho silently gulped, even though Jessica now was literally no-one in the restaurant, but she was so intimidating and scary.  

“Where’s chef Kwon?”, Jessica asked again.

“Oh, you’re looking for Yuri? She –“, Minho tried to answer but Jessica cut her.

“I didn’t ask you. I asked my staff.”, Jessica said in her icy tone and that’s made Minho shut his mouth. Jessica then turned her head to Victoria. “Do you where she is, Victoria-ssi?”

“Ah, she’s in the toilet –“

“Sica?”, Yuri’s voice could be heard when she entered the kitchen.

“Oh Hey.”, Jessica smiled when she found her Seobang. “You’re ready? We need to go.”

Yuri nodded. “Yeah. Give me ten minutes, I just need to clean up and change.”

While Yuri went changing, Jessica came towards her kitchen staffs one by one, asking how were they doing and how was everything when she was not around. Minho practically followed her around but Jessica just ignoring his presence.

“Jessica-ssi, you have no right to be here.”, suddenly Minho voiced out, all the staffs let out a loud gasp. Although they knew that Jessica has split the business with someone else, but for them Jessica was still their boss.  

“Says who?”, Jessica asked him back in a nonchalant way. She raised her brow to Minho.

“Well you ---“

“You will go back to where you are, Minho-ssi. We already have Yuri here and your presence here is useless. And please, stop following me around. It’s annoying. ”, Jessica cut him.

Minho opened his mouth to argue but Yuri has appeared in the kitchen and ready to go with Jessica. “Well, I’ll be back. Meanwhile, please take care of this restaurant.”, Jessica said to all of her staffs. They all said yes in unison and bowed to Jessica.

When she was about to go, Jessica stopped for a while and just touch the front door of the restaurant. She mentally smiled.  

 I will get this restaurant back – Jessica.

After that, Jessica and Yuri finally held another meeting with Taeyeon, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun. The couple have conveyed that Jessica agreed for Yuri to chip in also, with a condition that they will have a formal agreement. Seohyun nodded and promised that she would make the agreement in all fairness. Taeyeon and Sunny welcomed the idea happily and started to give more information about Tyler and his business.

“I’ve done some digging about his transaction with you, Jessica-ssi.”, Hyoyeon started and she opened the file paper on her hand. “When your investors company put a lot of money to your restaurant, they also got funding from their lenders from Europe. We can lure the lenders, ask them to sell their receivable to us saying that SM are interested to acquire your restaurant and entertainment business. I’ve heard that your investors got some fishy transaction and we can make them in default for that. Don’t worry we will start our digging more.”, Hyoyeon winked to both of Yuri and Jessica.

Jessica nodded. Seems like a plan.

“I will go to see their lenders and starting to negotiate. Don’t worry, SM is a big name. I am pretty sure that the lenders would agree.”, Sunny added. “I will go with Taeyeon –“

“No!”, Taeyeon suddenly cut her. Which made everybody startled in the meeting room. “I – I mean, I think I don’t have time. I --- I still need lots to do here. Fan meeting, CF and stuffs.”, Taeyeon reasoned. Actually the real reason was that she was not ready to be in the same room with Sunny, yet. And she didn’t want to make things more complicated with Tiffany by having a business meeting abroad only with Sunny.

“But ---“

“Seohyun can go with you. She is our lawyer, she would be more helpful when you negotiate.”, Taeyeon added, quickly.

Before Sunny can protest, suddenly a loud voice can be heard from outside.

“Miss, you cant go in there.”, a man voice saying and within a second, someone barged into the meeting room and quickly went so Sunny. Tiffany stormed in with her angry face, pushing Sunny hard until the petite girl fell of her chair.  

“Aawww –“, Sunny grunted. “What the ---“

“What are you doing with my girlfriend????!!!!”, Tiffany shouted angrily.

“Miss, calm down”, the security guard also barged in and held Tiffany on the waist, preventing her to attack Sunny again and made further chaos in the meeting room.

“!!! Tiffany, please –“, Taeyeon stood up from her chair, tried to calm down the hellFany.

Jessica and Yuri only can just opened their mouth seeing the view in front of them, a bit shock and still could not processed what was happening. Hyoyeon laughed, she liked witnessing a scene like this and Seohyun just got confuse.

--------------------------------

A/N: i know from a lot of your comments that doing business with your life-partner is not a good idea. I actually agree to that too. But i guess in this story, Jessica do it because she follows her heart, like her motto. :p