chapter 10

You Move Me

Yuri putting on her apron, getting ready for the restaurant to open. She yawned couple of times, she didn’t have enough sleep for these couple of days. It has been almost a week since Juran back to her life and it was also almost a week since Yuri tried to contact Jessica without success. Jessica didn’t show up at the restaurant, she didn’t reply Yuri’s text, ignored her calls, even when Yuri went to Jessica’s apartment, Krystal told her that Jessica went out with Taeyeon.

Yuri was really lost. She felt that she trapped in this situation and while it seemed that she had two woman in her life right now, she felt that she was the one who lost the battle. Nothing was right and she could not even decided what she really want. Juran kept reaching out to her everyday and tried to amend everything that she broke with Yuri before. Yuri had to admit that It felt …. nice somehow, as Juran was someone she used to cherish so much, but now her relationship with Jessica became uncertain.

Jessica arrived at the restaurant with Taeyeon. For these past days, Taeyeon always there beside her. Driving Jessica to her office and picked her up afterwards. Taeyeon really tried and Jessica felt so touch because of it.

“Thanks Taenggo. Really, you do not have to do it everyday. You know I can drive by myself.”, Jessica chuckled when Taeyeon stopped her car in front of the restaurant building.

“It’s fine.I like doing this thing for you. It does not disturb my schedule anyway. I need to go to SM and I’ll pick you up later, okay?”, Taeyeon smiled, then she landed a quick peck on Jessica’s forehead.

Jessica blushed, it was odd when Taeyeon did all of these sweet things to her. Jessica could not imagine that this dork were capable to be romantic.

Yuri eyeing the situation from inside of the restaurant. When she saw Taeyeon kissed Jessica’s forehead, her heart sank. Jessica looked so …. Happy? And why did Taeyeon give a kiss to her?

“Where were you? Why didn’t you reply any of my text and answer my call?”, Yuri quickly asked, she trailed behind Jessica just when Jessica entered the restaurant.

“I was in my office to settle some stuffs. Besides, I am the owner, I don’t need to be here all the time.”, Jessica answered in nonchalantly, eyes never looked at Yuri’s while she was walking.  

“But ---“

“Not now, Yuri. We need to have a meeting before we open.”, Jessica cut her and just barged into the kitchen, gathering the manager and all of the employees.

Yuri could not even concentrate on their morning meeting, her eyes staring at Jessica but her mind was wandering around somewhere else. She just want to talk to Jessica, just talk to her and explain her situation to make Jessica understand. It got worse when the restaurant started to get crowded, and with Jessica being there, Yuri got so distracted and she made mistakes many times. She misread the order and sometimes she didn’t cook her dish properly.

“Yuri-ssi! Why did you make pasta for table 7? They didn’t order this!”, Jessica reprimanded, she handed the plate back to Yuri.

“Uh ---“, Yuri stared at the plate blankly. “I am sorry. I think I mixed-up the order.”

“This is second time already. Concentrate Yuri-ssi. This kind of mistake is unacceptable for a head-chef.”, Jessica said again, reminded Yuri.

‘I guess – I have lots in my mind right now.”, Yuri replied, trying to reason out with Jessica.

“I don’t know what problem you have right now, but please be professional. You have to do your job right.”, Jessica shot a glare.

Is she even serious? – Yuri.

“What?? You don’t really know what’s happening to me?”, Yuri retorted, she was getting annoyed at Jessica’s behavior, pretending like nothing happen.

Jessica was about to say something when she saw Yuri’s eyes widened while looking at the restaurant from the kitchen. Jessica followed her gaze and she found Juran there, sitting at one of the table.

“Why is she even doing here? I – Ugh –“, Yuri mumbled to herself and moved her feet. But Jessica grabbed her arms and stopped her before she could even got out from the kitchen.

Yuri didn’t need this. It was already disturbing her when she has not been able to settle things with Jessica and with Juran came to the restaurant, it would just give her more headache.

“What are you doing?”, Jessica asked, her hand still not leaving Yuri’s.

“I will just ask her to leave.”

“No you don’t”, Jessica said in stern voice.

“Why not?”, Yuri asked back, annoyed as she raised her tone.

“Because we don’t have a right to ask her leave. She came here as a customer, whether she’s looking for you or not.”, Jessica replied. Deep inside her heart, Jessica must admit she didn’t like it when Juran came. Heck, she was Yuri’s fiancée and she was the reason that Jessica’s relationship with Yuri fell apart even before it begins.

Yuri stared at Jessica in disbelief. She was annoyingly amazed how Jessica could be that emotionless, didn’t really feel anything when she saw Juran in the restaurant. Not even a slight anger or bewildered expression.

“You are unbelievable.”, Yuri said in a sarcasm tone. 

Jessica soon realized that all the people inside the kitchen were staring at her and Yuri. They must have sensed there were tension between her and their head-chef. Didn’t want to create any further scene, Jessica dragged Yuri out of the restaurant through the kitchen back door.

“Would you stop? You need to do your job here.”, Jessica shot an annoyed stare to Yuri.

“Stop pretending like nothing happen!! Why didn’t you answer my call?”, Yuri repeated her questions earlier this morning.

“I told you my reason.”, Jessica replied back.

“That’s bull!!”, Yuri half shouted now.

“Don’t raise your tone with me. I don’t want people to hear it, we are still at the restaurant.”, Jessica gave her a stone-faced look.

Again, the level of Jessica’s nonchalance amazed Yuri, but not in a good way.  And it raised Yuri’s rage even more.

“I don’t care!! Look, I called you because I need to talk to you. I want to say sorry. I am so sorry for Juran, for everything and I want to ask you to give me time!!”, Yuri bawled in frustration.

“You don’t have to.”

“What???”, Yuri furrowed her eyebrows.

Jessica sighed. “It’s fine. She’s your fiancée and you have every right to rekindle your relationship with her. That night at Busan, I kissed you because I guess I was drunk and lonely, plus --- we’re not dating yet anyway—so –“

Jessica’s heart shattered when she heard herself muttered that words in front of Yuri. But she was afraid  to get hurt and she didn’t want to get hurt if she has to compete with a fiancée, so she better stop whatever she felt towards Yuri right now.

Yuri’s jaw dropped when that words escaped from Jessica’s lips. Jessica’s words stabbed her like a knife.

“You --- you were drunk? So you didn’t mean it? Bu – but what about our date?”, Yuri’s eyes grew wider, her voice trembled.

“We were drinking Soju that night, right? It was nice, but like I said I was lonely. About our date,  do you think we can still have it while you have your fiancée with you now?”

“Is this because of Taeyeon? You’re dating Taeyeon now, huh?”, Yuri quickly accused, she let out her jealousy when she saw Taeyeon and Jessica this morning. She could not help but felt hurt. When she was tried to amend her things with Jessica, Jessica just jumped herself to Taeyeon that easy.

“It’s none of your business.”, Jessica looked away, avoiding Yuri’s fiery eyes.

“I should’ve known. You guys were too close and right after Juran showed up, then you guys just seized the opportunity.”, Yuri started blabbering.

“This has nothing to do with Taeyeon. Why are you angry at me anyway, I was the one who supposed to be angry with you. ”, Jessica replied calmly.

Jessica didn’t even date Taeyeon. Yes, she agreed to let Taeyeon try, to get closer and maybe – just maybe she could find happiness with Taeyeon. But as per Taeyeon request, they didn’t label their relationship and just go with flow.

“Yo – you --- I --- That’s why I tried to call. I wanted to apologies, I –“, Yuri lost her words, why Jessica seemed didn’t care about the whole situation. 

Yuri exhale a long breath, trying to calm herself and suppress her frustration.

“Are we done?”, Jessica asked, she raised a brow.

Yuri just scoffed and opened the door to inside the kitchen. But Yuri didn’t know, when she left Jessica outside, a lone tear escaped from Jessica’s eyes. Jessica tried so hard to fight more tears to fall, then she quickly shed her tears and went inside too.

**

“Sweetie, you are not hungry?”

“………”

“Babe?”

“……”

“Fany!!”

Tiffany startled when her date called her with slightly louder voice. The girl in front of looked at her with a confuse face. Tiffany was clearly spacing out.

Tiffany was in the middle of a dinner date with a girl and throughout the date, her mind wandering around and she only thinks about one name, Taeyeon. Tiffany was confused, since she met Taeyeon the last time, Taeyeon’s sad eyes, Taeyeon’s gloomy face kept haunting her and never left her mind.

She felt that she really wanted to erase that look from Taeyeon, she wanted to take the pain away.

“Ah sorry.”, Tiffany replied and smiled weakly.

“You almost didn’t touch your food. What’s wrong? You don’t like the food?”, the girl asked again.

Tiffany shook her head. “It’s not that. I guess, I am just tired.”, she lied.

Tiffany looked at her date, this girl was really pretty, she was mixed Korean-American, her brown eyes was beautiful and her pointed nose looked very cute. She wore glasses, making her even more pretty. She was really well-mannered and adorable when she giggled.

But Taeyeon’s ahjumma laugh is cuter than her giggle – Tiffany.

Tiffany sighed. Taeyeon again, why she kept thinking about that midget? 

“You know what? Why don’t we pack this food and take it home? I know you tired and --- I can make you feel better.”, the girl wink and whispered her last sentence, clearly flirting and indicating that she was willing to pleasure Tiffany in bed later.

Usually, there is no way Tiffany would say no to this kind of offer. Especially looking at how pretty this girl was. But something happened and Tiffany could not figure it out why. She didn’t have the mood, she just wanted to go home and be alone.

“Uh—I am so sorry. It sounds very tempting, but I am really really tired today. I think I will call it a night. Do you mind if we re-schedule?”, Tiffany forced a smile.

Her date looked a little bit disappointed as Tiffany just turned down her offer. But she could not do anything, so she just smiled back and nodded.

Taeyeon, how are you doing – Tiffany.

                                                                                                                                  **

Yuri found Juran was waiting for her at the apartment lobby when Yuri came home from work. Earlier today Yuri had convinced Juran that she could not talk to her when she was working but she promised that she could meet her after work.

“Hungry?”, Juran smiled when she saw Yuri came towards her. She lifted up her hand and showed that she bought food.

Yuri just smiled weakly. Truthfully she has not eating anything for dinner. She lost her appetite when she saw Taeyeon picked up Jessica at the restaurant and went together.

“You --- made a lot of changes in the apartment.”, Juran commented when she entered into Yuri’s apartment. They used to share the apartment when they were dating.

“I had too. There were too many memories about you. I want to sell it but the location is pretty good so I decided to stay here.”, Yuri replied honestly.

“I am sorry.”, Juran said as she brushed her fingers to Yuri’s head.

Juran quickly set up the table and prepared the food that she had bought. Eventhough Yuri had changed the apartment, Juran still knew Yuri’s habbit on how Yuri arranged her kitchen and where Yuri put her kitchen appliances.

Yuri smiled at the view. Seeing Juran pacing her feet back and forth in the kitchen and setting up the table made her reminisce the past. She missed this, as if nothing’s changed and they were still living together.

When Juran saw how tired Yuri was, she moved herself behind Yuri who now sat down on her chair. Juran slowly gave a massage to Yuri’s shoulder, just like the old times when Yuri came home tired from work.

“You are so tense.”, Juran chuckled, pressing her thumbs to Yuri’s wide shoulder.

Yuri just closed her eyes. It felt good … and felt so familiar. This was the routine they used to have before and this was the life that she really enjoyed before. Juran always knew how to spoil her as always. Suddenly, her phone beeped and she saw a text from Jessica. Yuri jumped from her seat and quickly opened her messages.

Jessica: Remember when I told you that one of the TV channel wants you to be the guest judge in their cooking show? Well, we got the deal and sealed it off. We will shoot in Jeju island in 3 days from now. As the owner of the restaurant, they asked me to come with you. Office will arrange the plane ticket and everything.

Yuri stared at her phone blankly. Another business trip with Jessica. But with their situation now , it would be more awkward that it used to.

. How can I escape this? – Yuri

-----------------------------------

A/N: Quick Update. Happy Easter everyone!! :D