A Romantic Dinner?

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

Yoohyeon had interlocked her arm to Minji’s and softly run her thumb over her clothed arm with her other hand that was holding her bicep. They had walked outside the apartment building and Minji guided them through the park on the side. The one that Yoohyeon had met Handong at in the morning. The streetlights guided their path as they slowly made their way to the other side. She sighed contently and turned her head toward Minji who was looking up to the sky. Yoohyeon followed her line of vision and saw the little dots of light scattered across the dark sky. It was a unique new sight for the new human. 

« It’s beautiful, isn’t it? » Minji whispered and Yoohyeon looked back at her with butterflies inside her stomach. 

« It is » She confirmed. 

« Somehow stars always make me feel better. Maybe because my problems appear so insignificant compared to the vast universe » Minji averted her gaze away from the shiny little dots and put it on her, she smiled at her and the silver-haired kept her intense eyes on her. As much as she wanted to keep looking into her eyes forever, she shied away. She stared straight ahead, feeling Yoohyeon’s gaze still on her, her thumb rubbing gently up and down her bicep « I’m thinking of asking Mrs. Shin for a week off » She revealed what had been in her thoughts all day. 

Yoohyeon’s eyes widened and she almost stopped walking « Minji, I…You can’t, you need the money » 

Minji stopped and turned to face her, lifted her gaze on her « I don’t want you to worry about that. I’ll be alright » She insured her « I want you to see more of this world. It’s not with me being stuck at work all day that I can help you » 

« Minji, it’s okay. I don’t mind that. You don’t have to put yourself in more problems because of me. I like staying at the apartment and today at the mall was fun. It’s true that I would have loved to have you by my side but you can’t always be there every possible second. I need to learn and be independent. I don’t want you to go out of your way only for me » She told her while holding onto her hands. 

Minji sighed, she knew Yoohyeon wouldn’t want to feel like the center of attention, even when she became in a matter of days the center of her life already. Truth was, she had some selfish intentions too. While thinking about taking some time off work today she had realized that she hadn’t taken a day off for years. Not one day to relax, to go out, to go to the spa, or even get a haircut. To anyone else, she would have told them to be indulgent and caring toward themselves, so why wasn’t she like that with herself? « Maybe I also need some vacations too » She muttered. 

« I think you do too » Yoohyeon whispered in her sweet tone. 

However, Minji was an expert at ruined beautiful moments and making jokes to ease her nervousness « Are you saying I look like ? » She grinned. 

Yoohyeon’s eyes widened, she immediately let go of her hands, waving them frantically in front of her, and shook her head violently in panic « No. No. I didn’t mean it. I didn’t mean it » 

MInji got surprised by her reaction. She had almost forgotten Yoohyeon was still new to all of this and that her joke could possibly miss its target. She grabbed her hands to stop her « Hey, I’m the one who’s sorry. I was just joking » Yoohyeon stopped moving and stared at her with a little frown « It was an idiotic thing to say » She calmed her down « I think you realized I’m not the best at communicating my feelings and humor is a way for me to deflect that » She sighed, looking into her beautiful eyes full of affection « I’m trying to correct that. Please, bear with me » 

« Always » Yoohyeon answered without hesitation. 

Minji felt her stomach flip. She knew what that feeling meant but was it too soon? Most importantly, was it appropriate? Yoohyeon came to life only the prior day, she didn’t even know herself yet. So, Minji was quite sure it was too fast for her to have develop feelings for her. If…she would even developed them at all. Because maybe Yoohyeon would never like her like she already did.

Yoohyeon interlocking her arm with her’s again and it brought her out of her thoughts. She met her eyes and the silver-haired smiled brightly at her. They resumed their walk and Yoohyeon’s stomach began to growl. It made Minji laugh but the new human blushed « You must be very hungry? » Minji inquired. Yoohyeon held onto her arm a bit tighter, a little embarrassed « I’m starving » Minji told her to ease her and Yoohyeon looked up at her a bit surprised « My stomach growled when we were going down the stairs so you didn’t hear » She chuckled and Yoohyeon smiled. 

They continued making their way through the busy streets after leaving the park. Until Minji slowed down their pace and guided her toward an alley well lighted. They arrived in front of a normal-looking brick building and Minji pushed the plain metal door confidently. Yoohyeon got even more curious once inside. The hallway looked…also normal. But she followed Minji without any worries and they ended their trip at the last door in front of them. When Minji opened it, Yoohyeon was greeted with the sight of a cozy yet elegant restaurant. The wall on their left along the whole restaurant was a waterfall. A middle-aged woman welcomed them and led them to a table for two. They sat down peacefully and Minji couldn’t help staring at her while she looked all around the place. It was only after having taken it all in that she noticed her intense eyes on her. 

« What is it? » She asked profusely blushing. 

« Sorry » Minji apologized « I’m rude » 

« No, what is it? » Yoohyeon reached for her hand over the table. Minji looked half-panicked at her hand on hers and glanced around quickly before refocusing on the silver-haired with red cheeks as well. 

« It…it’s just.. » She sighed « I’m so used to come here alone that it feels unreal to have you in front of me » She confessed, looking deeply into her eyes with affection. Yoohyeon smiled softly, running her thumb unconsciously over the back of her hand. 

« You’re not alone anymore » She whispered. Both of them felt transported in their own little world at that moment. They stared into each other’s eyes, their hearts pounding, the skin of their hands touching one another on fire. MInji knew very well what that feeling meant but not Yoohyeon. She was completely lost as to why her body reacted this way. 

« Is it a romantic dinner? Should I bring the candles? » 

They yanked their hands away, straightening their backs in their seat as they both looked up at the waitress who had a kind questioning smile on. 

« I can also bring you bouquets to decorate the table? » She proposed. 

« No…it’s… » Minji glanced at Yoohyeon panicked but the other woman was just looking at the waitress with her head tilted and a questioning frown « We’re okay, thank you » Minji sent a forced smile to the waitress who only nodded and handed them the menu. Yoohyeon dismissed the incident and immersed herself in the extensive list of choices. Minji let out of sigh of relief, thankful that nothing more came from it. However, what she didn’t know was that Yoohyeon hadn’t truly dismissed the concern, she actually had her mind full. She kept wondering what was that feeling she had gotten earlier and why the waitress thought of them in the romantic way. It had been two times that day that people thought of her and Minji as lovers. First, Dami, now the waitress. She glanced over the menu at Minji who immediately raised her attention to her. Damn, she was caught. Minji smiled and closed her menu, leaning over. 

« I know the choice is difficult but I know a way to cheat the system » She smirked. 

Yoohyeon’s brow furrowed and she leaned closer as if they were sharing a secret « What is it? » 

« Here we can ask for small portions and that way we can have a table full of multiple dishes » She grinned proudly. 

Yoohyeon’s eyes widened in excitement « Really? » 

« Yeah » Minji nodded « Now you can figure out what you like or not » She shrugged. 

Yoohyeon’s smile couldn’t get bigger. She wanted to hug Minji for always finding a way to make her feel comfortable and at ease. was watery at all the possibilities. 

Minji felt herself falling deeper for her and at that moment all of her worries seemed so superficial and ridiculous. All she wanted was to feel like this for the rest of her life. She didn’t care about becoming a millionaire, be famous, or travel the world. Being with Yoohyeon was more than enough.

__________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

Hope you enjoyed? 

See you next week :)

-J