Yoohyeon's Birth

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

Once the door closed after Bora and Siyeon, Minji and Yoohyeon found themselves in an awkward silence. Minji didn’t know what to say. Where to begin. What happened during the last hours was still unbelievable to her to wrap her head around. She had many questions but more so, there were a lot of feelings attached to it. 

Her eyes lifted toward Yoohyeon who was looking at her expectantly but Minji’s throat felt dry. She couldn’t utter a word. She was terrified. 

« She should clean up » Yoohyeon suddenly walked away to the table to take back the plates to the kitchen « We have to sleep soon if we want to get a good night of sleep before you have to go to work » She put the plates in the sink and turned back to get what was left on the table but Minji blocked her way. 

« I’m not working tomorrow » She shared. 

« You’re not? » Yoohyeon’s eyebrows rose.

« No, Mrs. Shin gave me my day off » She informed her « Which is a bit suspicious since she never did » Yoohyeon acquiesced as if she remembered and was alive during that time « But I’m glad she did » Yoohyeon looked at her intrigued. Minji suddenly became shy « I…I was going to surprise you tonight » 

« Surprise me? » Yoohyeon let out with wide eyes. 

Minji went to her bedroom and came back a few seconds later with a small box that she handed to the silver-haired who frowned in confusion. She took it from her and opened it carefully. Her eyes opened wide in astonishment. She held in her hand Minji’s old phone that she had kept in really good shape. She looked back at Minji who had a happy excited smile on « After we planned the group chat, I was sad that you couldn’t be fully part of it so I found a solution. I’ll pick up the sim card tomorrow and then you’ll be connected to everyone » 

Yoohyeon’s smile spread even wider and her eyes were emanating such love that it troubled Minji who didn’t know that it was. 

« This is why I like you » Yoohyeon spoke softly « You’re such a caring person and true person. I don’t know why I came to life and truthfully, in a way, I don’t really care because I got an amazing beginning of life. I found friends that are amazing and…I found you » She whispered the last sentence. 

Minji’s heart stopped before she released a big exhale and walked up the last steps between her and Yoohyeon. She leaned slowly, closing the gap between their faces, and put gently her lips on hers. She didn’t realize what she had done until she felt Yoohyeon’s lips and backed away « I’m sorry. I….I should have asked first…I… » 

« It’s alright…I liked it » Yoohyeon giggled which made Minji relax and smile. The silver-haired just felt something new or rather something that intensified. Butterflies in her stomach, they said. Her heart went into a frenzy in her chest. It was so weird but it felt so good. 

« Do you….want me to…do it again? » Minji awkwardly asked. 

Yoohyeon blushed but nodded. Minji chuckled and cupped her face gently and pressed her lips against hers again. Yoohyeon deepened shyly the kiss as her hands gripped the side of Minji’s shirt. It was a feeling that she never wanted to stop feeling. A wave of….something good, something exciting that made her feel like she was flying. 

Minji pulled away first, not wanting to overwhelm Yoohyeon, even if it was hard for her to stop herself. They stared into one another eyes until Nannan meowed. They both turned their heads toward him. Their neighbor’s cat was sat on the table, looking at them for attention. They glanced at one another while smiles spread on their faces and they burst into laughter. The tiny creature hop off the table and went to his empty bowl before looking back at them and waiting. 

« I think it’s very clear what he wants » Minji laughed, kneeling next to him to get him what he so much desired. Yoohyeon at them with love, tilting her head to the side. As Minji petting Nannan, she looked over her shoulder at the silver-haired who met her eyes. Her heart limped in her chest once again. Minji couldn’t deny she was in love with her but the fact that it was reciprocated by Yoohyeon was beyond what she had dreamed of. She stood back up and hesitantly came back toward Yoohyeon. She was nervous as to how to proceed next. She stepped closer to her. 

Yoohyeon’s heart was pounding in her chest, she felt it through her entire body. But suddenly, she frowned as her vision blurred. Minji disappeared in front of her eyes and she took her head between her hands, letting out a yelp of pain. She got transported in her memories. In an unknown time and space. 

« She’s perfect » She heard an old masculine voice that was familiar to her, yet, she had no idea of who it belonged to at the same time. 

« She will make someone feel like the happiest person on earth » An old woman’s voice, yet again familiar, said in a honey voice. 

« She will » The man confirmed with proudness in his voice. 

Yoohyeon opened her eyes hesitantly and the couple in their 60s or 70s standing in front of them happily. The woman was holding the man’s arm, leaning against him. Both had intense love dripping from their eyes as they admire….her. 

« My daughter » The man whispered through his mustache « I wish I could be alive long enough to see you come to life » 

Yoohyeon, in shock, tried to lift her hand toward them but she was abruptly pushed back from the memory, the memory of her birth. 

« Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon » She felt arms a body hold her as she became conscious that she was laying on the floor « Yoohyeon » Minji’s voice closed in. She opened her eyes to see Minji’s beautiful gaze but tears spilled from her own « Yoohyeon, what’s happening? Are you alright? » Minji asked panicked. 

« I….I saw something » She let out with a tight throat. 

« What did you see? » Minji asked softly. 

« I….think….my parents » 

 

_

 

Siyeon closed the door of her shared apartment with Bora in silence, she hadn’t said a word since they had left Minji’s apartment. Even if Bora had done the conversation with herself the whole ride, she had noticed her quietness. 

« What’s going on? You’re awfully quiet » Bora put her hands on her hips. 

Siyeon sighed and leaned on the wall «  I know you think all my ‘conspiracy theories obsession’… »She air-quoted « …is just bull but… » She looked at her in the eyes « I came across a story and I think that story might have been a true story » 

« That story? » Bora frowned. 

« Yoohyeon’s » She answered bluntly. 

« Wait » Bora put her hand forward « What do you mean? » 

« I might know where she comes from » Siyeon replied.


_____________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

Hope you enjoyed? 

See you next week ;)

-J