Love is Complicated

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

It was with a lot of thoughts that Yoohyeon and Minji got back to Reality Catchers. Yoohyeon had concluded that she was ready to face whatever Bora and Siyeon will expose to her, as long as she had Minji by her side. The woman accompanied her back inside, her hands in hers. Yoohyeon felt giddy inside by the simple yet thoughtful gesture. A part of her was still a bit scared that if her past would reveal something to Minji’s disadvantage she would take her distance. It was  the last thing on the planet she wanted to discover because she thought there was no point in being alive if Minji wasn’t part of her life. 

It was with complete surprise that they put their eyes on a very unexpected scene that stopped their thoughts when they entered the arcade room. They exchanged a glance, thinking the same as they put back their eyes on Yubin leaning over the counter and smiling at a very lively Gahyeon. They couldn’t hear what they were saying but Gahyeon’s laughter reached them. Minji smirked seeing her like this. She wasn’t the only one whipped for someone. Yubin also seemed to have fun. Minji didn’t know where she was standing on all this since she just had a date with Handong the prior day but as Yoohyeon said sometimes love is multiple. And she hoped that in this case, she was right. 

« Hey, Gahyeon! » Yoohyeon approached the girl, still holding hand with Minji « Aren’t you going to sleep this morning? » She asked curiously. 

« Hey, girls! » The younger smiled brightly, pushing her hair back in an elegant manner, surely to appeal to Yubin who still had her eyes on her « I’m going back to the day shift tomorrow so I just took a quick nap and I’ll sleep well tonight. I don’t want to get sleepy tomorrow at work » She explained. 

« Must be tough » Yubin said with empathy. 

« It’s alright. I love my job » Gahyeon smiled shyly at her, making Yoohyeon and Minji feel like they were third and fourth wheeling. 

« And you came to Reality Catchers to….see Yubin? » Minji sneakily teased. 

Gahyeon’s eyes widened for a second before she burst into fake laughter « Oh, you’re silly » She chuckled « I want to get more performant pieces for my gaming computer but I don’t know anything about that. I just like to play games and that’s it. And since I met an expert… » She pointed and smiled at Yubin who reciprocated it « …I thought what’s best than to ask » 

« Woah. I thought you came to support me for my first day but… » Yoohyeon shrugged jokingly, making them laugh. 

« Well, that too of course » Gahyeon winked at her. 

The silence settled down for a moment before Minji spoke « I…uh…I need to go back to work but it’s been nice seeing you guys » She looked at Gahyeon and Yubin before she put her gaze on Yoohyeon « I’ll come to get you in the evening » She smiled softly at her, getting sadly reminded of what was waiting for them then. Yoohyeon gulped but nodded with a loving gaze « Bye, guys! » She waved, detaching reluctantly her hand from Yoohyeon’s. The silver-haired met her eyes on last time before she walked away. 

« You guys are so cute » Gahyeon sighed contently. 

Yoohyeon turned toward them shyly « I think I’m in love with her » She dropped on them.

« You think? » Yubin scoffed « Yoohyeon, I hate to break it to you but girl, you ARE certainly in love » 

« I…I know » Yoohyeon groaned « It’s just that….I have never been in love before » 

« Are you serious? » Gahyeon’s widened widened « You never liked someone? Never had a little thing with someone? » 

Yoohyeon scratched her arm embarrassed « It’s not like there were options on my island » She lied « There were only old people so I never… » 

« You never even kissed anyone before Minji, did you? » Yubin questioned intrigued. Yoohyeon turned red. 

« Ooohhh this is so cute » Gahyeon squealed « It’s the best love story I witnessed » 

Yoohyeon toward her, wanting to say something but she definitely didn’t want to expose the young girl. However, she didn’t have to because Yubin stepped in. 

« I know that I and Handong aren’t dating yet but damn » She joked dramatically.

Gahyeon’s eyes widened and she turned red « I…uh….I just remembered that I need to talk to Minji about something » She took a few steps away « I’ll see you tonight, right? » 

« Yeah. I’ll text you when I’ll be there » Yubin’s eyebrows knitted at the change of behavior of the girl. 

« Great. Great » She turned to Yoohyeon « See you later » And then she rapidly walked away. 

« Is it me or did something just happened? » Yubin asked Yoohyeon, puzzled. 

The silver-haired knew but she couldn’t tell Yubin why. At least not directly « Well, she…she’s shy around you » 

« Me? Why? » Yubin’s eyebrows shot up. Yoohyeon didn’t respond, instead, she went to assist a customer who had just walked in, leaving her perplexed by the statement. 

 

-

 

« Minji! » 

The said woman turned around to find her neighbor running toward her as she almost arrived at the shop. « Are you alright? » was the first thing that left her lips. 

Gahyeon stopped in front of her « I’m not a bad person » She said in between breaths. 

Minji frowned « What are you talking about? » 

« I don’t want to steal Yubin from Handong. She’s my friend. I can’t do that. Even if I want to pursue my own happiness » 

Minji immediately understood why she thought that after their conversation that morning « Gahyeon, it’s not what Yoohyeon suggested » 

« Then what did she suggest? » Gahyeon looked at her expectantly. 

Minji sighed, trying to make sure to word it properly « Sometimes, people love more than one person at the same time » 

« Wait, are you…suggesting a throuple? » Gahyeon stared at her in shock. 

« Well, you like Yubin and…remember when Handong moved in. How you had a big fat crush on her? » 

« That was year’s a…. » Gahyeon crossed her arms over her chest but Minji could see the cogs turning inside her head « No….It’s….. » The younger struggled « I….Even if I do that doesn’t mean Handong and Yubin could want the same » She tried to reason herself. 

« You won’t know until you guys talk about it. Communication is the key to every human relationship » 

Even when one had been a mannequin, she thought. 

 

 

__________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

Hope you enjoyed? 

See you next week for the revelation ;)

-J