You Are Not Alive For Me

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

They had to wait for Siyeon and Yoohyeon to finish their game to eat. The two had rapidly bonded and Minji was happy that Yoohyeon made another friend, not even an hour after meeting Siyeon. Yoohyeon was more nervous around Bora though, maybe because she knew the woman was very protective of Minji and she wanted to make a good impression. They ate in a good ambience, Bora was discreetly observing Yoohyeon and Minji couldn’t help but be nervous. She really wanted her best friend to like her. 

« So, Yoohyeon… » The small woman began, gaining the attention of the silver-haired and the growing nervousness of Minji « Do you like living here? » 

« In the apartment? » Yoohyeon frowned, asking for more precision.

« Yeah » Bora shrugged before adding « With Minji » 

Yoohyeon glanced shyly at Minji who was too shy in front of her friends to meet her eyes, but also anxious about her answer « I love it » She heard from the woman that been sharing her bed for some nights now. She lifted her head and met her gaze, her heart skipped a beat and went on to race like it did so familiarly when it came to the silver-haired. 

« Love it, uh? » Bora rose her eyebrows. Siyeon gave her a side-glance, knowing where she was going with her interrogation « It’s true that it’s a great apartment…and that Seoul is nice » 

Yoohyeon nodded « It is. I’m not much familiar with Seoul yet. I’ve only been a few times out there, but I know the mall like the back of my hand » 

« She maybe got a job there » Minji revealed proudly. 

« At a PC room and arcade » Yoohyeon specified. 

« Holy , that’s awesome » Siyeon explained, getting slapped on the arm by Bora because of her language « You’ll get a new customer » She ignored her and high-fived Yoohyeon. 

« Well, that’s…impressive » Bora admitted « You…you’re becoming independent » 

« Yeah, I didn’t want Minji to have to carry all the weight » She smiled at her. 

« Does it mean, you’ll stay here…or will you move on your own? » 

Yoohyeon’s expression dropped « I…I don’t want to move » She turned toward Minji « I want to stay with you. I have to » 

Minji frowned « You have to? What do you mean? » She cocked at head to the side. Was it all going sideways? Like she had expected it in the beginning. Yoohyeon was a miracle that happened in her life but what type of miracle was she? Minji didn’t want a puppet. No human deserved that. Yoohyeon didn’t deserve it « Yoohyeon, you’re not alive for me » She swallowed her tears and got up « You have your new life ahead of you. I can’t…and I won’t hold you. There’s so much out there, I… » 

« Minji… » Yoohyeon stood as well. 

« Please, Yoohyeon, I…. » She tried to stop her because it was too painful « I don’t want you to be alive for me »

« But I want to » Yoohyeon raised her voice, making Minji look at her in the eyes and causing the two others to hold their breaths  « I…I don’t know why I came to life and truthfully, even if I’m a bit curious I don’t care because….because I really really like being with you » She revealed nervously.

Minji thought her heart was going to stop. At that moment, all she wanted was to take her in her arms, feel her warmth around her but she was too astonished to move. She blinked, wondering when, when her eyes will open again, Yoohyeon would disappear and all of it would have just been a dream. But it didn’t happen. Her felt her blood circulating in her limbs, the air hitting her skin, and her nostrils were filled with the wonderful smell of Yoohyeon. 

« I like her » Bora whispered to Siyeon but it was loud enough for all of them to hear. Minji didn’t really care anymore. Her eyes didn’t leave the silver-haired’s. As much as she was scared, Yoohyeon was capable to formulate her own thoughts. She had to trust her on this. She had to believe that when Yoohyeon would ever want to leave, she’ll do it. 

« Maybe we should go? » Siyeon whispered to Bora, feeling like they were intruding a very intimate moment. 

« You haven’t had dessert though » Yoohyeon said, still looking at Minji for a moment before averted her gaze toward them « Dessert is really important. Minji says dessert is the most about pleasuring part of a meal » 

Bora burst into laughter « Some things don’t change » 

Minji blinked, realizing where she was, and she tried to clear her mind a little before coming to the conversation that was taking place « W….we took a great cake, it wouldn’t be good if it went to waste » 

« Okay, we’ll eat it with you guys » Siyeon said softly. 

Bora turned toward Yoohyeon, taking her by the hand and making her seat next to her « I think that you should know Minji is not the most objective when it comes to food. Her opinion is very biased and shouldn’t be taken as the ultimate truth » 

Minji scoffed, sitting down to come back to the same level as her friends « But am I wrong? Desert is everything » 

« For my part, I would say Ice Americano » Siyeon interjected. 

Bora immediately shook her head « Do you guys want to know how many times a day she drinks one? » 

« 3…4? » Yoohyeon tried to guess. She remembered seeing that type of drink at the mall but she had never tried it. 

« 5 » Bora said « She’s an addict » 

« You’re being overdramatic, babe » Siyeon scoffed « I only had 2 today and I’m perfectly fine » 

« You weren’t working today though » 

Siyeon was about to answer but Minji cut it « Stop bickering, please. You look like kindergarten students » 

« Say the person living a woman who is not even a week old » Bora retorted with a smirk. 

Yoohyeon blushed profusely while Minji raised an eyebrow at her best friend « Should we talk about when you were simping on Siyeon when you met her? » 

« Oh, I’m interested » Siyeon gave her her whole attention. 

« Don’t you dare » Bora slowly shook her head, her eyes ready to kill Minji if she did « Just stuff that precious cake in your mouth before I do it myself » Minji’s smile widened and the two began laughing. Siyeon smiled, looking at Yoohyeon who was a little confused by the interaction but smiled brightly, staring not-so-discreetly at Minji. Siyeon didn’t want to say it now but she had remembered something she came across years ago. A story that could explain Yoohyeon’s origin. She didn’t want to gave them false hope, so she was going to keep it to herself for now and investigate. 

 

-

 

Bora and Siyeon put on their coats. Yoohyeon and Minji stood at the entrance in front of them. Bora looked back at her best friend with a loving smile. 

« Thanks for tonight » Minji said. 

« Of course » Bora hugged her « I’ll always be there for you…..even if my girlfriend needs a lot of attention » She cracked a joke. 

« Yes, I am very much a child » Siyeon joked, making them laugh. 

Bora turned her attention to Yoohyeon « Well,…it was really good to meet you. Please, take care of yourself and Minji, okay? » 

« I promise » Yoohyeon nodded fervently. 

« Good » Bora whispered and looked at Minji « Keep me in touch on everything, alright » She held up her pinky. 

Minji snorted « Promise » She linked her own with hers « Have a good night » 

« If Siyeon lets me » She smirked. 

« Oversharing » Siyeon blushed, face-palming at her girlfriend’s lack of filter. The others laughed. 

___________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

Hope you enjoyed?

See you next week :) 

-J