Galaxy

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

Yoohyeon followed the pattern of the stars, her gaze full of them as she felt the grass underneath her laying body. 

« I’m back » Minji, who just by the sound of her voice, made her give it all up. She sat up, helping the other woman setting the boxes that were occupying her hands on the ground. Yoohyeon’s eyes widened in awe as they traveled through the content that Minji brought to her « I got all the 26 flavors » She said as she settled next to her with a smile. 

« Wow » Yoohyeon let out amazed by all of the little ice cream cups in front of them « Thank you but you shouldn’t have. There’s so much » 

« Well, you have to try to know what you like » Minji shrugged « But maybe she should go home before we get too cold outside? » She asked her. 

Yoohyeon grinned « Yeah, maybe we should » Minji nodded, getting back up. Yoohyeon handed her the boxes before standing as well. They walked comfortably through the park and got back before the ice creams could start to melt. They installed themselves on the couch and Minji began to unpack, presenting in front of Yoohyeon all the possibilities and handed her with a warm smile a spoon. 

« Let’s dig in before it melts » 

Yoohyeon smiled back at her, taking the spoon « Is that what you meant this morning when you said ‘chilling’? » She asked in a teasing way, but she was also curious of what it could have truly meant. She wasn’t the best at ready most social clues yet but she had felt like there was something more implied to the meaning of the word. 

Minji’s cheeks reddened significantly « Well, I…Chill is kind of an expression people say nowadays  to say they want to relax, you know? » She looked at her in the eyes. 

Yoohyeon nodded, happy to learn. Then, she titled her head to the side as she remembered something « When I was at Reality Catcher I overheard Gahyeon muttered something like that but it doesn’t make much sense » 

« What did she say? » Minji perked up, busy opening the cups of ice cream for them to eat. 

« She was looking at Yubin and Handong flirt and she said ‘I hope I won’t hear them Netflix and chill next door » 

Minji was thankful she wasn’t eating at that moment because she managed to choke up on her saliva as she heard Yoohyeon’s words. It would have been ten times worse if she had. 

« Oh my! Are you okay? » Yoohyeon asked with worry, putting her hand on her shoulder « Does it mean something bad? I don’t understand. Why would Gahyeon not like Handong and Yubin watching Netflix together, which I know what that is, in her apartment next door? » 

Minji cleared « Well, uh… It’s just that it doesn’t mean what it seems to say »

« Oh, so…it’s not literal » Yoohyeon figured out « But what does it mean though? » 

Minji gulped, her eyes meeting hers « It’s slang for…uh…making love » She stated nervously. 

« Oh! » Yoohyeon’s eyes widened. Suddenly, she became shy as well. This type of conversation was definitely an unknown topic for her. Of course, she knew what it was. She had seen it on tv and read about it but she never talked about it and did it herself « Do you think Gahyeon is jealous? » 

« She definitely is » Minji confirmed, sighed in relief that the conversation didn’t turn awkward between them « I mean, it’s…she….I sensed that she had a crush on Yubin when we had lunch » 

« Really? » Yoohyeon’s eyebrow rose. 

« Yeah, the way she looked at her it’s like… » She tried to find the right word but Yoohyeon spoke first. 

« Is it like the way we look at each other? » She questioned, looking at her in the eyes. 

Minji stopped breathing for a few seconds. She was self-conscious about a lot of her reactions when it came to Yoohyeon so she was sure her eyes had been like the ones Gahyeon’s had toward Yubin but it definitely evolved. Heart-eyes were small words to call how she was looking at Yoohyeon for some time now. She took a deep breath before answering her « I would say I look at you more deeply than that but I can’t see it myself. So….does it feels like I look at you the way she does? » She inquired. 

Yoohyeon got surprised by the question and her heart accelerated. She tried to decipher Minji’s warm eyes. All she could feel was positive and intense « No, it’s different….It’s…..more » She lacked the vocabulary to describe it better. 

Minji smiled shyly « I do feel a lot more than a simple crush » She stated, making Yoohyeon all giddy. The silver-haired averted her gaze shyly. Minji did the same and that’s when she got the visual reminder that there was all this ice cream waiting to be eaten in front of them « Oh, damn. We should eat before it melts » 

« Oh, yeah » Yoohyeon leaned to better see the contents of the cups « Where do we start though? » She asked, looking back up at Minji. 

Minji pursed her lips, scanning the table before looking back at her « Which one looks appealing to you? » She asked back, not wanting to impose anything on her and make her discover on her own. 

Yoohyeon cocked her head to the side, studying them one by one before she took one « This one is really pretty. The swirls of multiple colors make it look like… » 

« A galaxy » They said in unison and laughed. 

« That’s how it’s called » Minji showed her the paper she read the name from earlier « Let’s taste how the galaxy tastes like? » She giggled, holding up her spoon. 

Yoohyeon nodded excitedly and dug in. The sweetness melted in and her eyes widened as she met Minji’s equally satisfied eyes « That’s so good….so sweet » She let out. 

Minji nodded « I liked that one » 

« I do too » Yoohyeon shared. 

« What should we try next? » MInji wondered excitedly and Yoohyeon pursed her lips as she scanned the full table. 

 

-

 

One by one, they tasted them all. Minji laughed at Yoohyeon’s scrunched-up face when she disliked a flavor and at her sparkling eyes when she found one that she liked. It took them two hours to taste them all, mostly because they share a detailed review of each flavor and because they goofed around as the conversation derailed. 

« I’m thankful we don’t have to taste any more flavors because my stomach is full and my mouth is tired » Yoohyeon got up, helping Minji clean up the table. 

« Go take a warm shower, I’m handling it » The woman assured her « I need to keep moving to digest » 

« Oki-Doki » Yoohyeon walked away toward the bathroom. Minji raised an eyebrow at the use of this new expression, wondering where Yoohyeon might have heard that. She snorted, shaking her head as a smile spread on her face. 

 

-

 

Once both of them were in their pajamas, it was time to sleep. They laid comfortably next to one another. 

« Good night, Yoohyeon » Minji was about to turn the light off when she felt Yoohyeon’s hand on her arm. 

« Wait! You forgot something » She told her. 

Minji frowned, actively trying to remember what it was « Did I forget to lock the door? » 

Yoohyeon snorted with a wide smile and she shook her face « You forgot the good night kiss » 

Minji’s brain stopped working a few seconds, she stared at her blankly before she could function again « Oh! » She breathed. 

« Is it something people who get together do? » Yoohyeon asked, thinking she might have misunderstood and gone too far « I saw that in movies » 

« It’s…uh…we can do that but…only if you want to » Minji said « Would you? » Yoohyeon nodded so leaned over and put her lips on hers « Good night, Yoohyeon » She said as she pulled away. 

« Good night, Minji »

As Minji was settling, pulling her arm up to fix her pillow took the opportunity to sneak by her side, nesting her face in the crook of her neck and wrapping her arm over her stomach. Minji froze for an instant underneath her before wrapping her arm over her and sighing contently. No more words needed to be said as they drifted to sleep happily. 

 

_________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

Hope you enjoyed this fluffy chapter? 

See you next week :)

-J