Surprise, Bitc......

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

Minji and Yoohyeon arrived at the restaurant, both extremely happy to be in each other’s company again although they saw one another in the morning. Yubin, Handong, and Gahyeon’s eyes turned in their direction, immediately noticing their linked arms. Gahyeon smirked while the two others were more discreet with their observations. 

Yubin got up and greeted Minji that she had never addressed before « You must be the Minji I’ve been hearing about so much. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you » Yoohyeon turned a deep shade of red at her friend’s clear teasing but Minji wasn’t better, she glanced at Yoohyeon before clearing and greeted Yubin back. 

« I must say I heard a lot about you as well » 

« Was it really about me or was it about video games? » Yubin joked. 

« I think you are on your way to creating an addict » Minji joked back. Despite not knowing her, Yubin already seemed very nice in spite of her very intimidating appearance. 

« Hey! » Yoohyeon pouted « I’m not obsessed with games » 

Minji smiled lovingly at her and Handong muttered under her breath a ‘Wiped’ that made Gahyeon snort. They all took their places around the round table in a joyful atmosphere. 

« So you didn’t get to go home, uh? » Minji asked Gahyeon who sighed. 

« Dahyun got held up at work » Gahyeon shrugged « But she dared to send me a selfie with the keys in hands » She shook her head disapprovingly. 

« You’ll make her pay later, won’t you? » Handong wondered amused. 

« She’ll have to sleep with one eye open » Gahyeon confirmed with squinted eyes, already plotting her revenge. The table laughed, stopping when the waitress came to get their order. Handong flexed again in front of Yubin by speaking her native language with the woman. The tattooed girl watched her closely and Minji turned to Yoohyeon with a knowing smirk. 

« So you guys met here, right? » Gahyeon asked the ‘non’-couple, trying to attract Yubin’s eyes that didn’t leave Handong so far.

« We did » Minji remembered the story they came up with « At my store. She was like a lost puppy » She smiled at Yoohyeon brightly. The first time they met seemed truly like it was yesterday since it wasn’t even a week yet, but it also felt like it happened ages ago already. 

« She still is a bit » Yubin teased and Yoohyeon rolled her eyes. 

« I’m more independent now » She pointed out, to which Minji agreed. 

« You’re doing very well » She put her hand on her thigh, making Yoohyeon froze for a second at the unexpected touch. She quickly relaxed under it, even if her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. Although the action was mostly under the table, the three others didn’t miss it and they exchanged delighted looks. 

However, Yoohyeon’s expression changed as she thought about what she had done since she ‘woke up’. She pouted sadly « I wish I didn’t have to take your money though » She whispered under her breath but Minji understood perfectly.

« I don’t mind » She assured her, squeezing her thigh with a frown.

« I know…. » Yoohyeon looked up at her as if they were the only two people at the table « …but if only I could work, we wouldn’t have to worry about money » She had seen Minji looking at her bank account after their dinner at the restaurant. She knew that she was only paid the minimum wage at the store and that before she arrived into her life it was already tight. Now, she added an extra charge to the other women, and even though Minji would never say it, it was what it was. She lowered her head « But how can I find work if I don’t have any qualifications and I’m not good at anything » 

« I disagree » Yubin interjected. The girls snapped their attention to her and she calmly made her proposition « I….I mean, you’re good at games and I know it’s not the same really, but I’m searching for someone to work at Reality Catchers. You know the machines, and you’re very warm and welcoming with people. I think you could do good » She shrugged. 

« Really? » Yoohyeon asked with wide eyes. 

Yubin nodded « If you ever need, think about it. It’s not much but I can guarantee the boss is nice » She grinned at her own joke. The other girls laughed as their food was served. 

Their lunch went wonderfully. Minji got to discover the sweetness of Yubin’s character. It was as if the four women had known each other for years. Handong continued to flirt shamelessly with Yubin who boldly played along under the intense gaze of Gahyeon. But the domestic behavior of Minji and Yoohyeon didn’t go unnoticed by them. Minji fed the silver-haired several times and Yoohyeon wiped the sauce from her lips with a shy smile. After everyone was full and they split the check, they exited the restaurant, sighing contently. 

« This was the best lunch I had in a looonnnngggg time » Gahyeon massaged her stomach. 

« You usually sleep during the daytime, so of course it’s the best » Handong snorted. Gahyeon pulled her tongue out at her playfully and Handong grinned, wrapping her arm over her shoulders. 

« I must agree with Gahyeon » Yubin let out « I feel like taking a nap after that one » 

« Same » Minji agreed « I want to lay down in a pile of clothes in the backroom » The girls laughed and Yoohyeon dropped her head on her shoulder as she interlocked their arms. Both girls felt their hearts skipped but tried to continue to function normally as they walked to their first destination: Reality Catchers. 

« Well, this is my stop » Yubin stated as they arrived in front of it. 

« Thank you for it all » Gahyeon approached her before Handong could make a move « I had a very good time » She flashed her her brightest smile « I hope we can all gather very soon » 

Yubin chuckled while nodding « I would like that very much. Maybe outside this time » She proposed « I pass way too much time indoors » She pointed toward her store as an explanation. 

« That would be good for Minji too » Yoohyeon agreed while the woman next to her looked at her in surprise. She was right, of course, but it still amazed her how Yoohyeon seemed to understand her perfectly. 

« Let’s make a group chat » Handong suggested « So we can make plans » Minji smirked internally, her neighbor had found a way to get Yubin’s number without asking directly, and Gahyeon also seemed thrilled about it. Yoohyeon was a little sad that she couldn’t join since she didn’t have a phone but Minji already planned to gave her a little surprise in the evening. She had kept her old phone that was still in perfect condition. She just had to contact her operator to open a new line. She was already thrilled to see Yoohyeon’s face. 

Yubin bid them goodbye as she returned to her job with good energy. Handong and Gahyeon suddenly felt like the third (and fourth) wheel while accompanying Minji to her destination. They stayed a little behind while Yoohyeon escorted her to the front of the store. 

« Go back safely, okay? » Minji said softly. 

Yoohyeon nodded « Work well » She shyly smiled « I’ll make something you like for dinner » She winked playfully. 

« Oh, really? » MInji raised an eyebrow « What is it? » 

« I won’t spoil it » Yoohyeon shook her head with a pout « It won’t be fun otherwise » 

Minji snorted « Damn, that’s harsh » 

The silver-haired giggled « But that makes you excited so…. » She pointed out. 

Minji bit her inner cheek « I thought you weren’t good at identifying human emotions? » 

« I’m not » Yoohyeon confirmed « Yours, however… » She let out cockily. 

Minji blushed with a small smile « I have to get to work » She passed her hair through her hair, glancing at Mrs. Shin inside the store who was eying them with curiosity. 

Yoohyeon nodded in understanding and kissed her cheek « Work well. See you soon » She smiled and walked up to Handong and Gahyeon who waved at Minji. She replicated the movement instinctively, her cheek burning at the spot where Yoohyeon’s lips had pressed delicately against her skin. As they disappeared, she raised her hand to it, a big smile spreading on her face. 

« Someone’s in love » 

Minji jumped, turning to find Mrs. Shin behind her « I….I’ll clean the back room » Minji mumbled with her face completely red. Mrs. Shin watched her rush away, a discreet smirk gracing her lips. She quickly erased it, however, joining a customer to propose her help.

 

-

 

« I’m going to crash in bed immediately. I won’t even take a shower » Gahyeon groaned once they reach their apartments’ floor. 

« Well, I have to leave immediately for work after I get Nannan to Yoohyeon and Minji’s » Handong sighed « Tonight is going to be long » 

Gahyeon retrieved the keys under the doormat triumphantly « Bed here I come » She wiggled happily, putting it inside the lock. The door opened and she turned toward the two women « Thank you so much for today » 

« Anytime » Yoohyeon smiled. 

She thanked them again before disappearing inside. Handong brought all of Nannan’s stuff to Minji’s apartment and finished by introducing the fluffy king himself. 

« Don’t worry, I’ll take…we’ll take good care of him » Yoohyeon assured her. 

« I know. I’m more worried about the opposite » Handong sighed, petting him one last time. 

Yoohyeon suppressed a laugh at how dramatic Handong seemed while Nannan wasn’t moving an inch from the couch. She finished instructing Yoohyeon about every possible scenario and left for a long night. Yoohyeon turned to Nannan who looked at her indifferently. 

« It’s going to be you and me for a little while » She told him. He kept his gaze on her for a few seconds before he settled and closed his eyes. Yoohyeon couldn’t help but laugh. She went to the kitchen and took a deep breath before getting all the ingredients, ready to cook a perfect meal for Minji. However, she didn’t have the time to fully get into it. Just as the sun was showing the last of itself, the doorbell rang. Yoohyeon immediately smiled, getting to the door « Did you forget your keys like Gahyeon? » She joke and her eyes immediately widened at the sight of the two women on the other side.

« Surprise, bitc….. » The smaller one burst, her energy instantly dropping in confusion when her eyes fell on the silver-haired. 

 

_________________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

I’m finally back :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter? 

Who could these two women be? ;)

See you next week :)

-J