True Love

The Mannequin (Jiyoo)

« She was so scared. She thought it was an intruder » Handong continued her life-tale, describing how her mother brought her to life « My mom didn’t know how to defend herself but she saw that, thankfully, it was only me on the floor. Since it was dark, at first, she thought I only fell over. She jumped in fear when she heard my whimpers. When our eyes met, she was in shock, to say the least »

« So, it’s not only a romantic love that can bring you to life » Siyeon concluded « I thought it was because of Minji and Yoohyeon’s relationship but it’s just love » 

« True love » Handong smiled « It’s what I called it » 

« And did you know how to speak Chinese? » Bora asked fascinated. Handong nodded. 

« I think we can speak the language of the person we made a connection with » 

« But I knew how to speak Chinese? » Yoohyeon frowned. 

« Maybe because we met and we have an evident connection » Handong shrugged. 

« Did you know Korean? » Gahyeon asked her. 

« Well, my mother knew it, so I thought I inherited it. But now that it’s clear I came from here… » She tilted her head to the side in thought. 

« You knew Korean but you inherited Chinese » Yubin said, to which she slowly nodded.

« That’s the theory » 

There was a moment of silence where everyone processed what had been presented to them. Gahyeon was the first to spoke. 

« Did your mother teach you tailoring? Is that why you became a fashion designer? » 

Handong’s lips upturned and she nodded « She was so happy that she had someone to talk to in that little shop. She taught me everything she knew. We spent all day long in there, sewing, modeling, designing. To the point where the entire neighborhood wanted to get their clothes at the shop. My dad wasn’t for keeping me at first though. He thought the government would arrest them as if I was a criminal. But he warmed up and just as we were becoming close, he passed away » 

« I’m sorry » Yoohyeon  rubbed her thumb over the back of her hand that she was holding. Handong gave her a small smile. 

« He was happy that he wouldn’t leave my mom all alone » She told them. 

« But you’re the one who was left alone, weren’t you? » Minji asked with a sad expression. Handong inhaled deeply and gave a small nod. 

« She passed away three years later » She revealed sadly « I didn’t know what to do after that. I took over the shop for a little while and one of the employees for the company I’m now working at came to the store while on vacation. He got impressed and asked if I was interested to come here for a job. I was hesitant to live everything my family had built behind but… » She turned toward Yoohyeon « There was something pulling me to do it » The silver-haired’s eyes widened. 

« Maybe it was fate » Bora smiled brightly at the two. 

« Or an invisible string that connects you » Siyeon interjected. It brought a smile to their faces. 

« There are others though » Handong looked back at the picture laying on the coffee table. 

« Maybe they are too far or they are not awake yet » Yoohyeon said « I woke up not so long ago and you’ve been living for some time now » She pointed out. 

« Maybe we can track them done » Siyeon pulled out a few pieces of paper from her jacket inner pocket « We have the records of the original shipments. With that, we can make our way up to them » Yoohyeon and Handong looked back at one another. Did they want to reunite with the others and make it their lives goal? One thing was sure, the longer they were alive the more intense that feeling became. 

« Sounds like an adventure » Yoohyeon turned her head toward Minji who smiled at her brightly after having said that. Yoohyeon felt the butterflies invade her insides again. She loved her more than she could even describe. They cared about one another in a way that she had sure never felt before. It was different from her family,….from Handong, or her friends. It was romantic love, mixed with friendship. Minji cared about her so much from the beginning. They complemented each other perfectly and they found a balance that suited them both. Yoohyeon could cry just thinking about this happiness that she found. 

 

-

 

Yoohyeon was leaning against the window, feeling the fresh air of the night hit her face delicately while the lights of Seoul filled her tired eyes. They had talked for hours, catching up on the lost time and trying to figure out where their siblings could be now. Siyeon was very efficient in that area. They made a plan, all together, to search for them. Gahyeon and Yubin were also in on it. They had taken the whole situation pretty well given the supernatural part of it. They stayed by Handong’s side and Yoohyeon was very grateful for it because her sister didn’t have close people anymore and she had Minji. The said woman came next to her, watching the view of Seoul at night in silence. Yoohyeon knew that she wanted to ask her if she was alright but also wanted to give her space, and it made her smile. She couldn’t wait to spend her whole life with her. She turned her head to see her face. 

« I love you, Kim Minji » She whispered to her. Minji turned her head with wide eyes and a shy smile spread on her face. 

« I love you too, Kim Yoohyeon » She said with all her heart and Yoohyeon melted at her words. She engulfed herself in her arms and Minji rubbed her back delicately. 

« We’ll do this together » She whispered to her. 

« Thank you » Yoohyeon nuzzled against her neck. 

« You don’t have to thank me for that » Minji kissed her forehead « It’s the least I can do » 

« It’s already so much » Yoohyeon detached herself to look into her eyes. 

« As long as you’re happy » Minji brushed her hair with a soft smile. 

« Are you? » Yoohyeon asked. 

Minji met her eyes again « More than I ever was » Yoohyeon blushed and Minji chuckled. Suddenly, they heard the sound of someone taking a picture. They turned to find Bora pointing her phone at them with a grin that dropped when she got caught. Siyeon burst into laughter next to her. 

« Told you they would hear it,  » Bora pushed her arm, making her yelp and she turned back toward them with an innocent smile.

« Sorry, you were just too cute » 

Minji and Yoohyeon became red but kept their fingers intertwined. Siyeon tapped Bora’s shoulder to gain her attention and pointed toward the couch. Minji and Yoohyeon turned their heads in that direction as well and found Handong sat on the couch, reading intently something on her laptop while at each side of her, Gahyeon and Yubin had fallen asleep, their heads resting on her shoulders. Bora turned her phone toward them and clicked to capture the moment. Yoohyeon looked at Minji with a knowing smirk. She side-hugged her, watching their friends happily. 

They didn’t know what tomorrow would be made of. But one thing was sure, they had one another. They had their friends. And it was enough. Their hearts were warm and they felt alive. 

Yoohyeon looked back outside. There was a whole world for her to explore and she couldn’t wait to do that with the people she loved.

 

____________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! 

Hope you enjoyed? 

Next week will be the last chapter. Don’t be sad <3

-J