Chapter 2

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a big opportunity in her career, the payment was big and she got exposure from working with such a well known actress, there was no doubt that when, not if, the drama was out and becomes a success there will be several companies contacting her after, the pros of accepting were several.

 

The cons? Said actress is her ex.

 

Shuhua looks almost exactly the same as when she left now that she gets to have a closer and longer look at her, the same pale skin, the same round black eyes, now colder than before and the long silk black hair. The bangs from before were long gone. Younger Shuhua, the one who would constantly smirk as the smug brat she was seemed to be long gone as well, replaced by whoever this person who doesn't smile or doesn't speak loud was. It was weird, to Soojin at least. Yuqi, who was with her, seemed to be used to this change already so it wasn't something caused by grieving her mother, but more likely from time so far away from home. 

 

Soojin told herself to not let her curiosity get the best of her, it’s because of said curiosity that she ended up dating Shuhua in the first place, wanting to know more about her and getting closer than she should and paying the price with a broken heart in the end. Whatever happened that changed the Shuhua from before was none of her business and she would try not to find out, just do her job and leave. 

 

“Those classes should go for about 3 months” The woman named Joohyun told her, she was the same from before, back in the funeral who didn’t leave Shuhua’s side and now she was here too, as they talked about the job in question. “Shuhua wants an accurate performance for her role” She said, motioning to the woman who wasn’t even participating in the conversation and more focused on anything else.

 

‘The Shuhua I remember also never let people talk for her’ Soojin wanted to say but could only nod at the older woman’s words, once in a while glancing at the taiwanesse woman who was more interested in looking around, almost as if evaluating her studio, the mirrors and benches and the pictures on the walls from previous students that came and left along the years, it wasn’t a fancy one but it was comfy for her, suddenly she felt stupid for caring about whatever Yeh Shuhua thought about her workplace, her opinion didn’t matter, not anymore.

 

“Now that the business talk is over” Yuqi finally said, after dealing with the absolute boredom of having to stay still and watch them talk about work, the chinese woman looked at Soojin and smiled and she couldn’t help but remember back on high school days, it felt almost like the same smile she had back then, but now, no matter how genuine it looks Soojin could tell said smile never reached her eyes. “Why don’t we catch up, Soojin?” 

 

For a second she wanted to say no and claim she was going to be busy but she remembered Soyeon’s words from before, things between them, especially the four of them were already left in bad terms, why not try to at least keep things polite between her and Yuqi, the worst that could happen was making the mood awkward by bringing up their similar taste for basketball players.

 

Ah, she was already making things awkward inside her head.

 

“Shuhua,” Yuqi turned around to call the younger who just looked at them, clearly uninterested by whatever they were talking about. “let’s stay here and catch up with Soojin-”

 

“I have work to do” The other replied right away as she started to make her way out, giving them a quick glance. “Maybe another time” It’s all she said before leaving, not giving the other a chance to insist on it; Soojin watched as Yuqi sighs, frustrated by that but decided not to comment anything as Joohyun and the bodyguards quickly followed Shuhua out of the studio.

 

“Well” She said, looking at Soojin with an awkward smile that almost made the older woman laugh. “I guess it’s just the two of us then”




x--------------------×-------------------x




At first glance Song Yuqi looked exactly as the same school clown with great grades that she was back in the day, with an easy smile and somehow always had a topic to talk about, so the possibility of an awkward silence was never a thing with her; Soojin however, knew her a bit better than that, Yuqi was good, way too good, at hiding things.

 

“Oh, this used to be a park, didn’t it?” The chinese asked, pointing at the parking lot they were walking by, Soojin nodded as she briefly explaining how not many people actually went to the park and so eventually it became a parking lot, the old trees and fences of steel going down alongside the basketball court where Soojin could still remember younger Shuhua teaching her how to play with a excited smile on her lips, back on a cold winter night, but it was all memories now. Long forgotten. “What else changed?”

 

“Well, Our school closed down”

 

“No way!”

 

Soojin nodded, it was still weird to drive by the building where they used to spend all day going around the hallways playing, talking and bickering and not see it filled with students as always. 

 

“Someone might buy the building some day, change it into something else” Soojin commented fixing her coat as it started to become colder. “By the way, how are things for you?”

 

“Me?”

 

“Yes, how is your life?” She asked, k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter